Alberto Del Rio interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
[YT]a2wFqnHcI2A[/YT]

I really liked this interview. He comes off as very professional and respectful. If given the chance I think he can very well be a top star in the company. He gives a good, informative interview and given that many of the top guys in the WWE constantly are out in the public eye and are interviewed quite often I think he can easily adapt.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Its cool that he grew up with that, being in that environment and stuff. He seems like a pretty cool guy. Had no idea Undertaker was a big star in Mexico either, weird. Interesting interview.

noumenon

Reaction score
I'm starting to really like this guy. I think his feud with Edge going into Mania is going to be one of the true highlights. Not only is he doing a great job with it, it's the most interested in Edge I've been in a long while. He's got an extremely promising future with the company I think. I somehow get the feeling this guy would be able to play a pretty decent face as well.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I'm starting to really like this guy. I think his feud with Edge going into Mania is going to be one of the true highlights. Not only is he doing a great job with it, it's the most interested in Edge I've been in a long while. He's got an extremely promising future with the company I think. I somehow get the feeling this guy would be able to play a pretty decent face as well.

I defintely agree with the bolded statement. Before I watched this interview I wasn't sure if he could be a face, but with everything he said in this interview I think somewhere down the line he could easily transition to a pretty good face,he could emphasize the tradition his family has south of the border and like The Miz he could use his seemingly infinite passion for wrestling, which always gets over.

1chiban

Reaction score
If the Undertaker thing is true, then they need to do ADR versus 'Taker at 'Mania next year haha

EDIT: No idea Mil Mascaras is Alberto's Uncle?!

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
He's even more likeable based on the way he projects himself respectably, but he also emits a love and respect for the wrestling business you don't often tend to see. I'd like to see him turn face for a while in the future (but not for a while, because his character, JBL knockoff or not, is awesome). The guy is really primed to be a superstar, and whether or not he's the best anything is irrelevant, he's good enough at a whole lot of things to make his name and be viewed as credible. I can understand some Miz hate, but hating on Del Rio for anything other than the fact he's a heel, is absurd.

Travis40

Reaction score
He gives a great interview. He looks like he could be one of the WWE's biggest stars in the coming years. I can't wait to see how they handle his push right now.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I hope Vince (re-)grows a pair and has him walk out of Mania as WHC.