Aka Yurei and the World of Self Doubt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once."
- The Tragedy of Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare

Beksinski-art-5.png

Secular Spectacular Recap

Jon Russnow:
“Well, why don’t we move on to the individual right next to you. Aka Yurei, I know you were going for a Gauntlet Championship opportunity too but it looks like you might have to wait a while longer. Let’s see what the Crimson Ghost won a shot at…”

Aka Yurei unlatches her own briefcase with quite a bit of dramatic flair… and unveils an FWA World Tag Team Championship shot. Yurei seems deep in thought, and her eyes glance over to the other side of the stage where Reagan Cole and Gerald Grayson are. She will have to team with one of these men to go after that tag team title shot.

Jon Russnow: “Golden Rock is going to be one heck of a tag team to beat… but Crimson Ghost, if there’s anyone who’s got the mean streak to take on Devin Golden and Randy Ramon, I’d be willing to bet on you. But a tag team match requires a partnership, so we’ll see who that partner might be. Let’s move on to the other side of the stage. The British Apprentice Reagan Cole… what’s in your future? A shot at the FWA North American Champion to avenge Marcus McClain… or a shot at the FWA World Tag Team Champions and your friends Golden Rock? Open the case, Gipper, the world is waiting to know!”

The British Apprentice takes a deep breath. While either shot will be appreciated, Reagan probably doesn’t want to face off against his two friends. He closes his eyes and opens up the briefcase…

Jon Russnow: “And there we have it, it’s going to be Reagan Cole and Aka Yurei teaming up for the first time to go after the FWA World Tag Team Championships held by Golden Rock!”

Aka Yurei and Reagan Cole glance at each other across the stage though both their expressions are unreadable. The Crimson Ghost and The British Apprentice are both experts in their respective styles of wrestling, could they find a commonality in their unique skill set.

third-wave-coffee-shop-interior-picture-id1158448833

Tim’s Cafe, Sleepy Oak, Minnesota, February 8th, 2022

We find Aka Yurei and Sarah DuBois seated at a small classy diner in the Old Town of Sleepy Oak, Minnesota. The window showing the exterior gives a view of the town, which appears to carry some exorbitant history within, the area they live in dating architecturally as far back as the early 20th Century. Tim’s Cafe itself is a chic design based heavily from the 1960s, although without the retro aesthetic. It appears to be a somewhat regular diner that has seen better days. Yurei and Sarah are in the back corner and there’s a light-hearted mood between the two, seemingly happy to see one another.

Aka: Thanks again for taking me out, Sarah-chan! You didn’t mention that Brian wouldn’t be here though-

Sarah: Ah, don’t worry about Brian, he’s out galavanting with that detective, Harvey, again. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

The two share a small laugh as Yurei shakes her head. She knows that when Brian’s off doing something, it must be trouble or something to do with the other being inside of him.

Aka: I don’t know how you can say that for certain, knowing him and that “thing” he’s with, but if you say so.

Sarah: Come on, Yurei, don’t worry so much! Today’s all about you, you know. I know you must be nervous about your upcoming match, especially coming off this rough patch.

Aka: I… guess so. I’m not very confident in myself, but we’ll see.

Aka shrugs her shoulders and frowns, thinking about her own losing streak since the Secular Spectacular match. It wasn’t even really a match she “won”, was it? To Yurei, it was just something she lucked into. That match gave her the opportunity to challenge for the World Tag Team titles though. That “luck” though has brought her some despair… after all, Yurei has to face off against a team of wrestling gods: Golden Rock…

Sarah: Well think about it, Yurei! All it took was one win two months ago and now you’re challenging for a title! I wish I could say I had the same opportunity as you, but I just wasn’t made for being in the ring. Nevertheless, you’ve got yourself a big chance at making a name for yourself!

Aka: You’re telling me…

Yurei sighs and thinks to say something else, but she is cut off by a youthful and lithe waiter who approaches them with a smile.

Waiter: Good afternoon ladies, what can I get for you two?

Sarah: I’ll take a coffee and a “Big Breakfast Platter”, please!

Waiter: Alright, coffee and a B.B.P. for Miss DuBois, and for you, ma’am?

Aka: Oh- I’ll uh- I’ll have the same, please. Water for me, however.

Waiter: Alrighty, two B.B.P.s, a coffee, and water! We’ll get this to you as soon as we can.

The waiter writes down the order on his small sheet of paper, before nodding to the two ladies and walking away. Yurei noticed something in the conversation and turns to Sarah, an eyebrow raised.

Aka: How does that waiter know you?

Sarah: I’m a regular here, silly. Why do you think I recommended it?

Aka: Ah, I shoulda figured. You’re so popular, anyways, still makes me impressed.

Sarah laughs, and reaches over, nudging Yurei’s arm.

Sarah: You’re popular in your own right, Yurei. You may not recognize it, and heaven forbid, you’re too humble to know it.

Aka: You really think so?

Sarah: Of course! Would I lie to you, Yurei?

Yurei smirks and rolls her eyes, a sarcastic tone dripping from her.

Aka: Oh yes, Sarah DuBois, the biggest liar there ever was.

Sarah overdramatically gasps and wags her finger at Yurei.

Sarah: You stab my heart with such accusations!

The two share yet another laugh together, and Yurei looks out the window in silence for a few seconds, thinking to herself. What is she even thinking about anyways? Inside that mind of hers, there’s this gnawing sensation of fear. She’s afraid, it seems, to even dare step into that ring one more time and face her executioners. Just another notch in the loss column…

Sarah: So what do you think of Reagan Cole?

The question that Sarah asks puts Aka Yurei slightly off guard, but she shrugs to Sarah, unsure about what she’s being asked.

Aka: What about him?

Sarah: He’s your partner, Yurei. Surely you got an opinion of him.

Yurei itches her cheek, trying to think of something to say about him. Admittedly, she can’t really think of anything, other than the fact that Cole and Golden Rock are on friendly terms, and that she is a nobody compared to them. Reagan Cole is a winner… what’s she after all? She just got “lucky” and is merely a part of this match because she played dice with God; God laughed back at her with this “reward” for her. Embarrassment on the big stage when it matters most. So she asks herself inside her head, “What does Reagan Cole even have to do with anything?” All Aka’s gonna do is drag him down.

Aka: I mean, I guess so– He’s fine I suppose. Really it just… sorta feels like I’m the odd person out here… Golden Rock and Reagan Cole are friends and all that, and then there’s just… me.

Sarah: That’s good for you though, if Cole is really friends with Golden Rock, then surely that means he’ll know their strategies!

Aka: I suppose so. I just– I have my own doubts.

The waiter arrives before the conversation can continue and brings them their drinks as they asked for. Sarah shoots the waiter a smile as he sets their drinks beside them at the table.

Waiter: Alrighty, ladies, here’s a coffee and water for you two. Your food should be coming out shortly.

Sarah: Thank you!

Sarah takes her coffee and happily sips it as the waiter walks off once again. After putting a little sugar in it, initially unhappy with the taste of her coffee. She looks towards Yurei, who stares at her water in contemplation.

Sarah: Listen, Yurei, you shouldn’t doubt yourself. You got yourself to the dance in the first place, that’s more than so many other people have ever done. How long do you think it took Brian to nab his first title opportunity in the FWA? You’ve done it far faster than him.

Who cares? Who cares about that? What good is title opportunity after title opportunity if you never can even win a simple match against Tobias Blume or Sawyer Xavier? She got her ass handed to her royally by Chris Crowe and yet everyone seems to think Aka Yurei’s gonna be fine and dandy in her match against two gods of wrestling, regardless of their issues. Aka knows exactly how facetious and fake it all is, all this support and all this love from the fans. They don’t give a damn about her, they just wanna see whoever it is that beats her. That’s certainly not an acceptable answer though and Aka knows that.

Aka: Yeah… except Brian proved he could beat someone like Randy Ramon. Sarah, look, I’m facing off against two World Champions, one who has the damn belt at this very moment. The best of the best. One is a Hall of Famer and the other is guaranteed a spot in there. What am I? I’m nobody. Reagan Cole? He’s a somebody. It’s just… a lot of pressure on me to succeed.

Sarah: Brian defeated Randy Ramon long before Ramon was ever considered a Hall of Famer, before the peak of Ramon’s career. Brian would absolutely tell you this himself. The difference between then and now is that you, Aka Yurei, have more latent talent for wrestling than even Brian. Why do you think he trained you in the first place? He knows talent when he sees it.

Yurei silently takes a sip of water and thinks about what Sarah said. It’s not very comforting in the least for her, but her last statement left Sarah wide open for something…

Aka: Like you…?

Sarah nearly spits out her coffee and starts laughing, shaking her head with a big grin on her face. Yurei slightly smiles, having made her laugh, and feels slightly better.

Sarah: Now that’s a low blow, and you know it! I wasn’t cut out for wrestling, Yurei. That doesn’t mean I don’t have talent. It’s a tough business, where the toughest survive. You’d know all about that. I have no doubt you will succeed. You just gotta believe.

Aka: I understand…

Yurei stares out the window as the waiter comes to bring their food. This old city gives her an odd feeling, and this feeling only makes her tenser. It’s a growing tensity and stress from having to face off against a legendary team, without any belief that she can truly defeat them; especially coming off extremely tough losses against easily beatable opponents. A nagging thought grows in her mind… how can a loser like her ever hope to defeat Golden Rock?
774a888abc4acc4b3ff05e5f6e82c7f9.jpg

Brian’s Gym, Minneapolis, Minnesota, February 9th, 2022

The scene opens at Brian’s Gym, which is nicknamed “The Den” by avid gym-goers for its old-school atmosphere and history. Brian’s Gym has been in operation since even before Brian Zewbowski was born; owned by Brian’s grandfather Walter. Of course, back then it was called “Walter’s Gym”. It was a side business for Brian that he utilized after the passing of his father. Many people from the region came to utilize the boxing ring, wrestling ring, and MMA ring within the gym itself. Of course, there was other standard equipment there as well. Punching bags, dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, you name it, they’ve got it. Despite the age and feel of the place, it is surprisingly well-kept. It’s late evening as the gym is nearly empty, save for two figures inside the boxing ring. It is Aka Yurei and Brian Zewbowski, training and holding a sparring session between one another. Aka is dodging and trying to get out of the way of Zewbowski’s strikes, though with increasing frustration on the part of Brian.

Brian: Duck and move! Duck and move! C’mon, you’re getting sloppy, goddammit. You’re moving around like some Rōjin [Old Man]!

After some time he slaps Yurei on the shoulder and eases up, exiting his southpaw stance compared to Yurei’s own orthodox. Yurei sighs and leans back up into the ropes, sweat dripping off her face and breathing heavily.

Brian: Alright alright, take five. You alright? You’re not moving like you usually do.

Aka: I’m alright, just–

Brian: Focus on your match first and foremost. Getting caught up in other thoughts is what loses you matches.

Aka: Hmm…

Yurei stares out into the ground, intentionally avoiding eye contact with her mentor and trying not to think too much about things. Brian obviously notices this and steps over by the ropes, running his hands against it slowly.

Brian: Tell me, Yurei. Have you thought about a strategy going into that match?

Aka: A strategy? I mean, I haven’t given it much thought, myself.

Brian shakes his head and sighs. That obviously wasn’t what he wanted to hear and Yurei knew it, but it was the only answer she could give her mentor. After all, what’s the point of having a strategy anyways if you’re just gonna lose. Is there even a point to it all other than to suffer humiliation after humiliation? Is all of *that* worth it just to even be in that ring? Brian interjects, his voice invading her thoughts and pushing the conversation further.

Brian: A terrible answer. You should have figured out a strategy already. I understand the match is only a week away, but dammit, you have to be prepared.

Aka: I know, Sensei, I know. I just–

Brian grabs Yurei and pulls her towards him, forcing her to look at him. His face is deathly serious and full of determination. Yurei feels slightly helpless here, but can’t help but listen to the words he has to say.

Brian: Listen here, Yurei-chan: Randy Ramon will be chomping at the bit for this. He’s gonna be eager to beat you, knowing your connection to me. He will have a strategy ready. Devin Golden? He’s always got a strategy, he’s one of the best. He's the fucking World Champion. Reagan Cole? He knows all about his friends, and you can damn sure bet he has a whole gameplan around them. That just leaves you. What are you going to do?

Aka shakes her head and grabs Brian’s hands, pulling them off of her forcefully and sighing, frustrated herself. She feels this immense pressure to perform, and there’s a great weight pulling her down. That fear is back. This intense need to get the fuck away. Get away from all of this.

Aka: I… haven’t decided yet. Brian please– I’m just not in the mood for this.

After a few tense moments of silence, Brian nods his head and shrugs his shoulders, seeing that Yurei frankly isn’t ready yet. He pats her shoulder and starts to climb out of the ring.

Brian: Alright, Yurei-chan, alright. Just know it’s very relevant. Why don’t we finish up for today? Hit the showers and I’ll see you later.

Brian is already out of the ring and walking away from Yurei towards the men’s lockers. Yurei has to call out to him, as there’s something she needs from him; it’s something personal that she feels she needs him for.

Aka: Sensei, wait. I have something to ask of you. I’d like… if you could come with me to Tokyo.

Brian takes a few more steps before suddenly stopping. His head shifts back, though his whole body doesn’t turn. This favor came as a surprise to him, frankly, and he isn’t sure where this is headed.

Brian: What for, exactly?

Aka: I have some personal business I have to conduct there.

Brian turns his head to face forward towards the men’s locker room, and he cups his chin and quietly contemplates before giving a non-committal answer.

Brian: Hmm, I’ll think about it, Yurei-chan.

Aka: Thank you, Sensei. It means a lot to me.

Brian waves off Yurei and sighs again. He isn’t exactly sure what’s going on, but it might be important to go with her to Japan. Perhaps it could prove fruitful to help get Aka Yurei out of her funk.
Brian: Aye… now go hit the showers already, kid.
35,000 Feet Above the Pacific, February 11th, 2022

The next scene opens in a nice-looking plane interior. It appears to be something like first-class seats where we find Brian and Aka Yurei seated. They are over the Pacific Ocean inside this steel canister going thousands of miles an hour. Brian groans and stretches his legs in this lovely private compartment for the two of them.

Brian:
Let me tell you, these flights are really killer. Thank god we’re almost there.

Aka: You’re telling me, Sensei. The last time I was on one of these transpacific flights, it felt like it took ages. Still, it’s just good to be back in Tokyo for a while.

Brian: Plus, I think it’ll freshen your mind a bit, rather than being cooped up in Minnesota all the time, you’ll be able to do some better training out there.

Aka: I… suppose that’s true, Sensei.

Truth be told, this is the last thing Aka wants to think about. She doesn't want to think about Golden Rock, training, or even wrestling... but there is one thing on her mind beyond those.

Aka: Sensei, I… have a question.

Brian: Ask away.

Aka: What is success to you?

Brian raises an eyebrow at Aka, before quietly thinking of an answer. Yurei watches his expressions, which ranged from thoughtfulness to slight irritation. He finally turns to Yurei and gives his answer, though toned in as if he’s still trying to come up with the answer.

Brian: That’s… a pretty difficult answer. Success means something different to a lot of people. One’s version of success may be different to another. For me, success is… well, it’s doing well to be the best version of yourself. Admittedly, I’ve- sorta failed at that in the past, but as you fail, you hopefully learn a little more about yourself. For others, success is monetary gain, true love, or material wealth.
Aka nods her head and slowly turns towards the plane window. The sky is truly magnificent and beautiful, as the sun beats down at the plane above the clouds. It’s oddly peaceful here; even if temporary, Yurei feels a little calm this high above the world below. Still, though, something nags at the back of her mind.

Aka: Do you… think it’s possible for someone to be “given” success? Like handed down to them?
Brian snorts and shakes his head. He pets Yurei’s head and starts to speak, this time with a little more knowledgeable tone and easy-going nature.

Brian: That thinking is a modern concept that’s only truly cropped up perhaps in the last hundred or so years, Yurei-chan. You can “inherit” wealth. You can “inherit” power. You cannot be given success though. Success is earned. In Rome, there was a belief known as “Nobilitas”. Though you could inherit wealth and prestige from your forefathers, if you do nothing to affirm your greatness, nobody will see you as a success.

Aka: I see… What if I can’t affirm that success myself–

He turns his head towards Yurei and gives her a stern look of consternation. He did not want to hear that and would not accept any of that thinking from his star pupil.

Brian: I’d prefer if you didn’t think like that. I understand that Golden Rock is a tough crew to face off against, but you’re a tough kid. I think you got this.

Aka: Maybe…

There’s obvious discontent between the two, as Yurei stares out the window, now avoiding the rest of this conversation. Brian frowns and closes his eyes, hoping to get a nap in before they inevitably touch down at Narita International Airport. Yurei’s quiet introspection only brings more disquiet from within. Golden Rock, Golden Rock, Golden Rock… it’s all about them. How the hell can she think to defeat such an awesome force as them? Especially when she’s nothing more than another notch in the win column for them. Another loser put in her place. What is she even doing in the FWA?
Taigakuro Dojo, Tokyo, Japan, February 12th, 2022

We arrive at a modern gymnasium of sorts, complete with a wrestling ring and workout equipment. It’s a different kind of atmosphere compared to Brian’s old gym. This is of course Taigakuro Dojo; Japan’s premier wrestling dojo and one of the most respected in the world. Many wrestling champions have graduated from this dojo; not to mention this place is diametrically tied to both Brian Zewbowski and Aka Yurei. It is here, after all, where Brian trained others, and it was here where Aka was trained by him. For this place, it is holy ground that is respected with awe. In comes Aka Yurei, who hasn’t been in this place for what seems like years… it’s just as she remembers it.

Aka: At least nothing has changed about it.
Yurei is here and waiting on Brian, who should be arriving at any moment now. They're supposed to train today, hopefully the Dojo will help Yurei's thoughts clear and bring her some clarity to focus on that match properly, not think negatively. As she's waiting around, she is approached by two younger men; one appears to be very excited to see Aka while the other is merely non-plussed.

???: Hey, you’re Aka Yurei-san right? The Crimson Ghost!

Aka: A-ah well, yeah, I suppose that’s me.

The excited man pats his friend on the shoulder and laughs. Aka is slightly confused why the both of them have approached her, but it does appear one of them is at least a fan of her.

???: See, Jun? I knew we’d meet her someday! It’s an honor to meet you in person. I’ve been watching you for years, I’m so happy for you to be in FWA. I’ve heard about your upcoming tag match against Golden Rock! My name is Hayase, this here is my friend Jun.

Jun: Hello, Yurei-san. You got a hell of a match before you against that Golden Rock team, huh?

Of course the Japanese public would be pretty aware of FWA's activities. It's a big deal at the very least. Aka shrugs her shoulders. What exactly is she supposed to say? Golden Rock is a damn good team and she's just... Give them a generic answer and hope that suffices.

Aka: I suppose so. They are some of the best wrestlers in the world.

Hayase: Absolutely, we know you’re going through a rough patch, but I’m confident you’ll shock the world and win those titles with Reagan Cole-san!

Jun: Eh… you’ll at least put on a great match. This is Golden Rock we’re talking about, they’ll probably win.

What is that supposed to mean? People don’t think Aka Yurei can win? The fact she doesn’t even think she herself can win surely doesn’t help, but she’s been around people like Brian and Sarah who tell her she always has a shot… It’s different hearing herself say she can’t win and then hearing others think she won’t win. Yurei felt stung, badly by this.

Hayase: You’re just being pessimistic, Jun. I know Yurei-san can do it, and she doesn’t care if you or anyone else doubts her! She’ll show you!

He’s supposed to be right. He should be right, but why is it that Yurei still feels sick to her stomach about it? She doesn’t want to be here, not anymore. Not after that; Aka Yurei doesn’t think she can win, and the general public doesn’t think she can win. It almost feels like her own friends don’t think she can win and are just pushing this onto her. What’s the fucking point of all of this? She hasn’t won a match proper since the day she stepped through the door of the FWA. She’s a laughingstock to everyone in that locker room. Her fans only remember the good times before all of this. She didn’t deserve to win that briefcase or that Secular Spectacular match. She doesn’t deserve this title opportunity and she knows damn well that she doesn’t deserve to be in wrestling.

Aka: Yeah… we’ll see what happens. If you both could excuse me…

Aka dismisses the two gentlemen and walks away quickly, out the door. Maybe she’s just done with this whole thing. She should just quit… not even show up to the match. Golden Rock will win anyway so what does it matter if she’s there or not? Who would even miss her? She thinks of Brian though and knows that he’d be disappointed if she just did that. She needs to be honest… but she still isn’t sure about this. She needs to go away for a little bit… where he can’t find her.
Taigakuro Dojo, Tokyo, Japan, February 15th, 2022

The scene returns to the Tigakuro Dojo a few days later, it’s late evening and it’s only Brian there. He paces anxiously and looks absolutely livid. He hasn’t seen Aka Yurei a few days ago, and he’s obviously worried. He’s hoping something didn’t happen to her; god forbid she wound up seriously hurt… Finally though, through the door comes Aka Yurei, in heavy winter clothes, at least for Japanese weather.

Aka: Hey, Sensei…

Brian: Where the hell have you been? I haven’t seen you for nearly three days!

Aka: I’ve been… thinking.

Aka Yurei knew if she was going to say anything, it was now or never... but having to say it felt like trying to dig through the desert to find water... an impossible task.

Brian: Good, finally thought up a game plan against Golden Rock yet?

Aka: About that… I uh–

Brian: Spit it out already, kid. You know we’ve got work to do.

Aka: I– I know this may seem like something very sudden, and I know it may disappoint you but I’ve–

Brian: You’ve what? Come on.

Aka: I think I’m done…

Brian: Done? Done with what? You haven’t even started anything today.

Aka: No, Sensei– I mean I’m “done”. I think I’m just like Sarah-chan. Wrestling just isn’t for me. I don’t think I have any place in the FWA, in the ring, or even in this Dojo.

Brian’s caught completely flat-footed by this. He stares, mouth agape at Yurei who is talking of quitting. It hits him like a ton of bricks, as Yurei looks on at him with a depressed look of resignation.

Brian: … You what?

Aka: I can’t do this. I just can’t. I’m a loser, Sensei. I may have won one match, but look who I lost against. How do I have a hope and prayer against Golden Rock? How the hell can I beat them? I’ve lost to Tobias Blume, I’ve lost to Sawyer Xavier, and Chris Crowe made me realize I hate this… I think I’m just gonna quit; I know I can find something else I can do-

Brian is quiet for a few seconds... but those seconds damn well feel like an eternity to Aka Yurei, unsure how he'll respond. When he inevitably does, there's a bitter taste that spits out in her direction. Brian looks... hurt. Disappointed... upset would be an understatement.

Brian: So that’s it huh? You’re just giving up? You’re gonna just walk away huh? Act as though the last nine years of your life never happened!?

Aka: Now hold on, Sensei–!

Brian snaps back at her with vicious venom pouring out of his mouth.

Brian: You shut the hell up. How dare you! I break my back for so many years helping you and bringing you out from the gutter and this is the thanks I get? “I’m sorry, I’m a quitter, who doesn’t believe in themselves. I’d rather quit than even try to win a championship.” You disgust me…

Aka: Sensei, I know you’re upset, and I–

Brian cuts her off with a pained laugh, as if incredulous to what was just spoken to him by Aka Yurei. He shakes his head in contempt and replies quickly to this gross understatement, with a lie.

Brian: Upset!? Why would I be upset!? It’s not like one of the greatest prospects that ever came through this Dojo has had enough of something she could have been a contender at. It’s not like she gave up before she even knew what she fucking had! Why the hell would I be upset at a quitter!?

Yurei is at a loss for words but lets Brian continue. Her eye contact avoids his, feeling sorry for herself. Something in her heart begins to tear, a welling of sadness at the anger being poured towards her, whether right or wrong.

Brian: Yeah, you sit there and you be quiet. You had the whole damn world in your hand, and all it would have taken was even a little caring, and you could be a champion, but apparently, that’s all lost! You’re a nobody, kid. That’s all you are and now that’s all you’ll *ever* be with that damn attitude of yours. Why don’t you get the hell out of my sight? Get out and don’t you ever come back, you hear? Go die out on the streets like a bum! I’m sure nobody would ever miss you either.

Aka silently stares at Brian, whose vitriol sticks to her like painful knives; harsh words spoken to her by the one person who meant so much to her. A part of her feels he’s in the right to be so angry, but at the same time, she cannot help but feel sorrow. As Brian finishes screaming, he gives her a look. Aka notices and realizes just what this look is. It’s regret and pain. His eyes are welled up in emotion, and as much as it hurts Aka to hear these painful things, she knows that it hurts Brian even more to have these things coming from his own mouth. He steps closer towards Aka and motions towards the doors of the Dojo.

Brian: I told you to get out. I’m– I’m not going to repeat myself again, goddammit. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!

Aka holds her pain in for as long as she could, but she knows it is no longer time for her to stay. She lightly bows to her sensei and begins to walk away from this life.

Aka: … So long, Sensei.

This sets off Brian once again, who shouts at her as she approaches the door. Yurei opens the doors and takes one last look back at Brian. Brian is on the verge of tears, desperately trying to hold it in. This is something he never wanted to happen and now there's nothing he can do.

Brian: I’m not your damn Sensei anymore. You’re nothing but a god damn Koshinuke [coward]. You aren’t some “Crimson Ghost”. You’re a… no-good bum! Good… good riddance.

Aka closes the doors behind her and silently weeps to herself. The Crimson Ghost is seemingly over. The dream, as it seems, is over for Aka Yurei. Now there is nothing. Those last words from Brian stung worse than any physical pain that ever washed over Yurei’s body. It was like her heart was taken from her body and stomped on repeatedly. A broken heart and a lost cause, and all caused by her own weakness and insecurity.
p3210100-Edit-720x540.jpg

Aoyama Cemetery, Tokyo, Japan, February 16th, 2022

It’s in the afternoon as a slow hazy mist creeps through this cemetery not far off from the sights and sounds of Tokyo, Japan. It is mostly empty save for the cold stone of the memorials for each of the deceased. Blanketed in heavy clothes comes Aka Yurei. Her breaths are foggy and as she steps forward to one of the graves, she looks a little sad. This is the grave of her dear brother: Takeshi Yurei. Today is no ordinary day; today, February 16th, 2022, is the 10th anniversary of her brother’s death.

Aka: Hey, O nīchan [Big Bro]… I’m here again.

Yurei bows to Takeshi’s grave and gently lights up incense in front of it. She silently watches the burning incense for some time before sighing. Aka feels a certain emotion of discontent and regret; as though she may have made a mistake, but is too afraid to take it all back. She figures her brother would be so mad at her right now.

Aka: If you were here you wouldn’t be happy with me Takeshi… I’m nothing but a failure. Your Imōto [Little Sister] gave it all up. She gave up, Takeshi. She’s nothing like you… you were strong, you were smart, you… believed in yourself.

Aka stammers at the last sentence, dawning on her how sad and miserable she has made herself. She doesn’t believe in herself and never has; what made her think that she could have been successful in wrestling? She’s a nobody. That’s all she’s ever been for her entire life.

Aka: I uh… I walked away from it. I made Sensei so mad, he hates me. I know he hates me, Takeshi. He said so many horrible things, and he cried as he said them. I hurt him and I hurt everyone I love, Takeshi.

Yurei begins to tear up, her loneliness gripping her after the last several days alone. She’s always relied on others to help her, and now without anyone, she has nothing. Her quiet voice pleads longingly towards Takeshi’s grave, a desperate tone coming from her.

Aka: I miss you, and I need you… I need you Takeshi, now more than ever. I’m so alone… Why, why wasn’t it me that died instead? You could have been something Takeshi, I’ve always been nothing! I wish I could have had the strength you had.

Yurei cries in front of her brother’s grave. Those thoughts were genuine heartbreak; she had never truly gotten over her brother dying, and it still haunts her. A familiar “chink” sound of a lighter is heard after some time... Then a large inhale, followed by a deep, guttural exhale. Aka quickly turns and sees Humanity standing there, a few yards away from her. He merely stares at her with his beady brown eyes piercing her skin and pushing right into her very core. Aka looks both distraught and terrified. “Not now! Anytime but this!” Aka thinks to herself, but knows she can’t avoid the bastard; he keeps following her like a bad omen.

???: And you think crying is going to solve your problems huh? Pathetic…

Aka: What the hell do you want!?

Humanity slowly strolls towards Aka Yurei and shrugs their shoulders. He has no time for these games, it seems; he’s all business and is not in his usually playful attitude of harassing and teasing. This time, he’s hostile and maliciously mocking her.
Humanity: I came to see where you had gone, and what should I find, but crying to brother dearest. I’d laugh if it wasn’t so sad. Go figure.

Aka: Is that why you’ve come here? To laugh at me?

Humanity shakes his head and looks at Takeshi’s grave, and the burning incense. He takes a puff from his cigarette and sighs indignantly towards Yurei.

Humanity: I’ve come for payment. We had a deal, and now you decide to renege on that deal because you’re so weak. I will not stand for it, Miss Yurei…

Aka: Why can’t you just go away, and leave me alone, please…

There is a genuine plea to be left alone by Aka Yurei, who wants to run away from everything even in this moment. She doesn’t want anything more to do with this whole thing, but it keeps coming back to her; it is inescapable… perhaps this is “fate”, that Humanity keeps saying? There’s no time to ponder on this, as Humanity vitriolically spits harsh criticisms towards her.

Humanity: You think begging like a child will make things better? Look at yourself, Miss Yurei. You cry and beg and make a fool of yourself for your poor dead brother. Is he to rise from his grave and tell you that everything will get better? Is that what you so desperately wish for? Face it, you are alone. You’ve thrown everything away because of cowardice. Do you know why? You are afraid of pressure. After all I did to help you win, you throw it away only now because you find yourself faced with a challenge you cannot seemingly overcome. If that isn’t deserving of abandonment, I don’t know what is, Miss Yurei.

God damn, Humanity. In fact, may God damn Humanity for that. Such extreme insults and derisions were made with maliciousness. However, it is fairly clear Humanity takes zero joy in this, taking someone at their lowest and pushing them further into the ground. Aka tries to cover her ears, but his words will just keep piercing. He’s… right. He’s right and it hurts…

Aka: Stop…

Humanity: Maybe it’s better your brother is dead! He wouldn’t have to care for someone so weak, someone who won’t do anything but lie down and die in obscurity!

Aka: Don’t you talk about my brother like that!

There’s a flash of desperate anger from Aka Yurei, not wanting him to talk badly about her deares brother. Humanity shrugs and keeps talking over her. His patience is wearing rather thin and thus he’s getting right to the point.

Humanity: Or you’ll do what? Cry more? I’ve had enough of this. We have a deal, and you have a decision to make. You are at a crossroads, my dear Miss Yurei, and you need to decide now. Do you want to be successful, yes or no!? Or are you afraid to decide for yourself for once?

Aka: Stop this, please… I’m…

Humanity: Yes…?

Aka is literally shaking; what the hell has she done to deserve this? How dare this bastard say so many horrible things to her and make her feel even worse… and the worst part is he’s right about all of it. Aka *is* scared. She’s scared of everything.

Aka: I’m scared… I’m scared. I’m scared and I can’t decide for myself because I’m afraid.

Humanity: Do you know why you are afraid?

Aka: I… I don’t know why–

Aka admittedly isn’t sure why she’s so afraid… she’s always been like this though. As far back as she can remember. She’s always felt afraid of everything, oppressed by the world around her, and pushed down. It’s like hitting a glass ceiling repeatedly and constantly getting told she’s not allowed to push through…

Humanity: I know you, Miss Yurei. You’re afraid because all your life you’ve been told you were nothing. That you would be nothing, and that those in your care, they told you that they hoped you’d be nothing forever. When Brian took you in, he made decisions for you, he protected you for so long, but now you’ve decided to throw it away because there is pressure on you to win against impossible odds.

Aka: How do you know so much…

Humanity: I am who I am, I know many things, and your life is one of them. If there is one thing that lingers over you, it is those who made you who you are. As payment, you will deal with them.

Hold the phone. He can’t possibly mean that place. Anywhere but there. Aka Yurei shakes her head and steps back. Humanity cannot mean that where she cannot return. She promised herself that the trauma would never come back and she’d never relive those horrible memories again. Here he is telling her to do it…

Aka: Wait– You don’t mean… I can’t. I told myself I would never go back as long as I lived.

Humanity: For as long as you don’t confront your demons, you will never become strong. I demand you go; you will either do this or you will wallow in self-loathing forever. You don’t have a choice in the matter.

Why is he always right and yet so hostile and cruel!? Aka Yurei is stuck between misery and a horrible past. It’s as though God continues to laugh at her and the world watches her shrivel and die like this. For Aka Yurei though… she’s desperate. She cannot take this anymore. She cannot live another day of being afraid without trying to face herself. What she wants most is peace of mind…

Aka: Fine! Fine– I’ll do it, dammit… but I’m taking you with me. I won’t go there alone–

Humanity: Good. I intended to make sure you paid your end of the bargain anyways… Now lead the way, Miss Yurei.

Aka: I hate you so much… I hate you with all my heart.

The two of them begin to depart as the incense on Takeshi’s grave slowly burns out, one last shot at the grave. Humanity has pushed Aka Yurei to do something she thought she would honestly never do… go “home”.
9157590697_c009e30c0a_o.jpg

Yurei Familial Home, Yokohama, Japan, February 16th, 2022

A ring of the doorbell and a disheveled-looking man saunters past the hall of this slightly run-down home towards the front door. He wasn’t expecting any visitors, and why would it matter? Not like anyone is coming to bring him any good news. He carries a beer in hand and wipes the grime from his face quickly. As he slowly opens the door, he comes face to face with that of Aka Yurei, and Humanity behind her. He stares at Aka for a few seconds. There’s a sense of familiarity behind those eyes, but he just can’t quite place it. He starts talking with a very drunken slur and has a very disrespectful and rude tone to his voice. Aka Yurei sees him like this and shudders. Humanity is most unimpressed, to say the least.

???: Yo, what do you want with Akuma Yurei?
This man must be Akuma Yurei… Nobody could be that obnoxious to refer to themselves in the third person but them, yeah? Yurei shakes her head and sighs, clearly not wanting to do this, but she has to. She’s gone too far already.

Aka: Hello… father.

Akuma: Father? I don’t remember having any… Ah right!

Akuma’s eye glints with the realization of just who she is, and he smirks and laughs. It's little Aka Yurei, all grown up! His little good-for-nothing daughter. Now she comes crawling back to him, just as he figured would happen.

Akuma: I knew one day you’d come home. Now why don’t you get inside, I know exactly what you’ve been up to. Bring your little friend too.

Akuma steps aside and motions for the both of them to get inside. Aka and Humanity enter, taking off their shoes first before stepping into the living room. It's... so eerily quiet; like this home hasn't seen or heard a sound in quite some time. Akuma points to the chairs sitting by the table as he starts drinking here.

Akuma: So you come back to ol' Akuma, eh? I figured you would come crawling back sooner or later. What happened this time? Lose your head too many times and found out your worthlessness meant you'd have to come back? Well I'm honored that I am the one that you and your friend would turn to; after all, I'm the only one who ever really cared about you. Oh I knew you were nothing from the day you were born, I tell you. How right I was!
Akuma says this gleefully, as if having anticipated this for so long. Aka looks around the room, and notices there are no photographs or even any evidence of her mother Emiko; it's as if in this place that Aka had grown up in for so long, her mother never even existed. Akuma pours some coffee into a glass as he visibly tries to shake off this damn hangover he's got.

Aka: Where is mother...?

Akuma: That's the first thing you have to ask? What is it to you anyways!? It doesn't matter where she is. What matters is that ol' Akuma is right and has his ol' daughter back right where she belongs, under my watch.

Aka: Why won't you answer me? What happened to mother?

Akuma angrily slams down a glass against the counter and turns around, with a demented look on his face, as if he doesn't give a shit what happened to her, nor does he actually even care the suffering his whole family has come under throughout his life. Humanity watches stone-faced and non-expressive; it is as if he is merely observing the whole situation. Aka cringes as Akuma slams down his glass, which actually shatters and coffee spills over his had. He wipes it off quickly before sighing and putting on the most obnoxious and fake smile one has ever seen.

Akuma:
Well, my nosey daughter of mine; If you must know, Emiko left me a long time ago, and I say good riddance. She up and blames me for the death of my dumbass son and for you running away. Why am I suddenly the blame? Takeshi was a bum just like you; I tried to give him the best, but he kept pushing back, eh? However you came back to me. That's all that matters to me, because a bum like you needs a little guidance from a man like me.
Aka shudders and looks down at the ground. She remembers the "guidance" she used to receive from this man; how could she even forget? It's plastered into her memory no matter how much she tries. She hates everything about this. All because that thing wanted her to do it. Akuma looks so damn pleased with himself.

Akuma: You know something? I had heard you tried to make something of yourself in that joshi scene. Fat lot of good that did you now huh? I figured a bum like you would be so bad at it they'd give up eventually.

Aka: Actually... I'm... in the FWA.

Akuma: What the hell is an FWA?

Aka: They're the... big leagues... father.

Akuma: You!? A good-for-nothing bum like you made it into a big league wrestling promotion? I fucking doubt it frankly. Next thing you're gonna tell me is you're super popular and have made a lot of money and have so many friends. Face it, you're lying to both me and yourself, possibly even your friend there. Who the hell would wanna watch someone like you wrestle anyways? Nobody's gonna even care for you out there. It's a cold dark and lonely worl-

Humanity breaks off Akuma as he's talking and coughs. Humanity's eye twitches; Aka in this moment realizes that something is about to happen.

Humanity: I’m afraid you’re going to have to silence yourself, Akuma Yurei. For so long, you’ve told your own daughter that she is nothing. That she has only flaws and no positives. You’ve told her that she will never make anything of herself. That no one will ever care for her. That, my “friend”, is where you are wrong. Your daughter’s greatest flaw is not the self-doubt she holds in herself. It is not her indecision. Her biggest flaw was believing that she was just the same as you. You, Akuma Yurei, are a nobody. You are nothing.

Akuma’s eyes start to bulge in anger as he smacks the ground with his foot. That statement hurt Akuma's pride, clearly. He looks at Humanity and then at Aka with incredulity. How dare this nobody walks into his home and insult him like this! Aka's ears are intently fixated on what Humanity has to say though. There's something in that statement that pings her brain... a revelation of sorts.

Akuma: Who the hell are you to say this? What are you even talking about!?

Humanity silently pulls out a cigarette and lights it in front of both Aka and Akuma, clearly showing that he gives no respect to Akuma’s home. He takes a few puffs before speaking again, pissing off Akuma all the more.

Humanity: Who you are, sir, is a no-good bum. You beat and abused your children, your wife divorced you, and your son is dead by the lifestyle that you pushed him into. Your daughter ran away because she could not bear another second of being around a nobody like you; the only reason she came back was to finally tell you what she should have told you a long time ago.

Akuma: Don’t give me that crap, you freak. She doesn’t have to tell me anything, I can tell by the look on her face she’s still a nobody just like Takeshi was. A weakling.

Humanity: Your daughter, Aka Yurei, is somebody. She has friends, she has people who care for her. Most of all, she has people who look up to her and see her as an inspiration. That is more than anyone has ever thought of you. Your daughter broke your cycle, you sick bastard, she just doesn’t realize it yet. Yet here you are pretending that you control her life.

Aka thinks to herself long and hard in that moment. Humanity had never before shown any sort of care for her, why now? Is it possible that Humanity has been genuinely trying to help Aka grow as a person all this time? Even through the fear, the pain, the regret? She then thinks about how much Akuma abused and treated her poorly. Was this all projection on his part, dissatisfaction pushed onto his family based on his own self-loathing? Akuma, quick as a bullet, pops to his feet, fists clenched with rage. He slowly starts to reel a fist back, aimed directly at Aka, who is petrified with a look of dismay at what is about to happen.

Akuma: Don’t you lie to the both of us, I know things for what they are! You both come here and lecture me about shit you don’t even know! Aka, you’re stuck thinking on false hope, and it’s about time I do what I should have done a long time ago and beat reality right back into–

Humanity grabs Akuma by the throat, the shorter-bodied man cowering against the bear-like hands of this beast. He doesn’t hesitate, throwing the drunkard scum across the room; Akuma’s head hits the wall with a thick and loud thud, as though there were no brains in him. Just an old worthless man without any thoughts but those of selfishness. Aka grabs Brian to keep him from doing any more harm, tears in her eyes. She has been silent this whole time, but slowly walks towards her father; she looks down on him and stares at the drunken sot. Finally, she speaks. The wavering in her voice full of unease, but there is something pushing her forward... perhaps it could be that she has finally found the part of her that is brave despite her cowardice.

Aka: Father. For all my life, you tore me down, made me feel worthless. You told me that I would never make anything of myself… and I believed it. I thought I would end up just like you, worth less than nothing. I see you for what you are now. You are someone who was nothing themselves all their life and was bitter for it. You tried to drag all of us down for it; Mom left you, Takeshi died because of you, and me…? I’m still here. I know now me coming back, your own daughter, eats you alive. It eats you alive and you hate it; you hate the fact that your daughter is still standing. I understand now that everything you made me believe about myself was a lie, a trick, a desperate tactic to keep feeling better about your own misery. Father, it’d be easy to say I hate you. It’d be so, so easy to tell you how much I wish death upon you, and how much pain and misery I hope you endure. However, I’m not capable of saying that. Akuma Yurei, I… don’t hate you. I pity you. I feel sorry for you… I don’t wish any pain or misery on you, because I see you and know you already live it.

Yurei turns around to look away from her father, an insignificant man that Aka finally sees for what he is; a bully, a bastard, and a scared & sad old man. She’s absolutely right in pitying him, because she understood at that moment, that her father doesn’t control her anymore. She’s finally free; the fear she felt for her father has long subsided, and now she sees clearly. That intense feeling of running away from it all, to leave, to escape… that’s gone. Aka Yurei sees clearly for the first time in her life, and as cathartic as this experience has been, it has given her a moment of clarity to realize her failures have led her to this moment, and so they have become equally as important as her successes.

Aka: I used to be afraid of you, and because of it, you controlled my life for so long. Now I realize that I don’t need to fear you any longer. I am someone, as this man says. I know now that I am worth something. More than you ever have. You are not my father any longer. This is the last time we shall ever see one another again. Goodbye.

Humanity takes one last look at Akuma, with expressions of contempt and disgust. He starts to follow Aka as she exits through a doorway to the hall and out the front door. Akuma lies on the ground, seeing these two leave, and can’t help but try to get the last word in.

Akuma: Get out of my sight, you bums… thinking you’re all better than me. Takeshi thought he was better than me, and where did that leave him? He’s in a hole in the ground. Rotten kids…

Aka: Let’s go. I’ve had enough of being here.

Express Train From Yokohama to Tokyo, Japan, February 16th, 2022

We return to the express train that had sent Aka Yurei and Humanity towards Yokohama, but now in reverse. They’ve sat in silence while the background sees the cityscape ever twisting and winding, the evening gleam present and pressing against the city buildings and streets. It is late in the evening, of course, approximately 6 PM, with the setting sun. After some time, Aka finally lets out the first sounds of her voice towards Humanity. Her voice is still shaking, full of unease; Aka, however, no longer feels the intense fear she once had before this experience.

Aka: I know you said a lot of terrible things to me, and though they still hurt… thanks. Thanks for helping me realize some things about myself I never realized.

Aka Yurei meant those words she would tell that thing. This terrible demon-being she supposes wasn’t a complete and total monster, but at the same time, those stinging words about her brother still pierce her heart and give horrible pain; it was all in service to her personal betterment though… Humanity crosses his arms and closes his eyes. He’s thinking to himself before speaking carefully.

Humanity: Those who don’t help themselves will never realize how important they are to others until it’s too late, Miss Yurei. Luckily for you, you found out your own self-worth just in time.

Aka: I suppose all it needed was… a little “nudge”.

Humanity chuckles and nods his head, understanding the little “in-joke” between the two of them. Aka has a small smile written on her face, like that of someone trying to lighten the mood as she gives a familiar pushing motion with one of her hands.

Humanity: Hm, you’re far more clever than I’ve given you credit for previously. Takeshi would be proud of you.

Aka shakes her head and sighs. She waves her hand at the remark as if to deny it. Knowing Takeshi, he'd have been very disappointed in Yurei for so long.

Aka: I don’t think he would. It took me so long to realize so many things I should have years ago. I imagine he’d be teasing me for being such an idiot.
Humanity looks across the empty train car and looks out the window of the moving train, and out into the setting sun’s rays. It’s oddly peaceful, especially for the presence of someone as malicious as Humanity. The last gasps of sunlight across the evening sky pressing up against Aka and Brian gives them both a slight glow; an unnaturally poignant sight for the two. The sun's beams appear to be washing away Aka Yurei's past and birthing a new person entire.

Humanity: Well, now that you’ve learned some things, what do you plan on doing next? If you still choose to retire from wrestling, a decision would need to come soon. Brian is intending to leave Japan tomorrow, and if you don't follow him, he will take it as a sign.

Aka leans back in her seat and looks at the train car ceiling, still debating what she even wants to do anymore. For so long, Yurei had been running from her past. Her indecisions, her cowardice, her failures, they all seemed to be her past catching up to her. Once she finally had turned around and faced her past, these fears and consternations disappeared, and from it came a new perspective for the young Yurei.

Aka: I’m still not sure. I have some things to think about though before I consider my decision. That said, that gnawing fear I had, whenever I walked inside that FWA ring, is… gone? Perhaps minimized, I suppose. I’m still afraid to lose, but I am… no longer afraid to try and win. I’m just not sure what to decide yet. I’m gonna sleep on it.

Humanity: That would be the smart thing to do. I will leave you to it but don’t leave Brian waiting in suspense any longer than need be. You know how he is…

Aka: Don’t I ever. I know it hurt him to say those terrible things to me, but he wasn’t wrong at the time… I understand why he said what he said… he was so disappointed to see me at my lowest and to just give up at a time where I could prove I was absolutely worth it. He believed in me, and I… need to believe in him. He knows I can beat Golden Rock… and I think… I think I can too.
Aka and Humanity share a small look at one another, as the scene starts to fade into a hazy fog. Aka Yurei has stepped forward from the pitch blackness of bleak self-pity, crawled from the pits of despair, and now is one step closer to entering the light of self-confidence. All that is left is her determination to keep moving forward and push herself to greatness, beyond the chains of her previous self-doubt.
Haneda International Airport, Tokyo, Japan, February 17th, 2022

We spot sitting alone anxiously inside the Haneda International Airport Terminal Brian Zewbowski, who appears to still be thinking about the last couple of days... especially that of Aka Yurei. His prized apprentice and beloved friend, whom days ago wanted to quit. However, he knows what Humanity had been up to while away- How can he know? The answer is simpler than you think. He looks at his watch... it's almost 6:45 AM, nearly time to depart for America... with or without Aka Yurei. Suddenly, a small hand clasps his shoulder, spooking him and making him jump up to see who it is.
Aka: Sorry for scaring you... Sensei-

Brian: Yurei-chan, you're... here.

Aka: I'm here, Sensei. Listen, I uhm...

Brian cuts her off and shakes his head. It was something eating at him these few days; it was what he had said to her... the last thing he told her. Those horrible words bounced around in both of their heads, and though it was an uncomfortable topic, it needed to be addressed by the both of them, or else it would linger and fester.

Brian:I'm sorry for what I said to you back at the gym, I was... so disappointed and frustrated to hear you quitting. I flew off the handle and I couldn't control myself... I don't know how you can forgive me for the awful stuff I said.

Aka Yurei shrugs and gives a small smile; she understands what Brian felt. He doesn't need to actually say anything for her to know. She knows as well that since then, she learned that she could be a stronger person without the grip of the past weighing her down.

Aka: Sensei, you need to understand something. I have realized some things about myself I never did before; my failures and this fear of mine of stepping back into the ring. It's gone; it was something that I held onto going as far back as my childhood. It took a little pushing and a little help from someone I thought I hated, but I've become a better person because of this experience.

Brian: I see... what have you decided to do, Yurei-chan? If you still want to retire, I won't hold you up and... we can still go together, I'll explain everything to the FWA officials, I'm sure they'll figure something out-

Aka: No need, Sensei. I've decided that I'm going to fight. I'm going to fight not just alongside Reagan Cole. I'm not just going to fight for the World Tag Team Championships. I'm not just going to fight against Golden Rock, two gods of this sport. What I am fighting for... I'm fighting for my life. My place in this world, and come hell or high water, I'm going to prove I belong here. No more being afraid of anything. From now on, Aka Yurei is the "Crimson Ghost": Without fear and full of pride for herself.

Aka Yurei is pulled into a tight embrace by Brian Zewbowski. This was what the Crimson Ghost was truly all about. Aka Yurei may have been afraid, but now she had moved beyond that, and with the true embrace of her moniker, there is nothing holding her back. Brian shoots a loving smile and nod to her as he speaks, genuinely happy for his student and friend.

Brian: ... I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Let's go; we've got to talk strategy. We don't have much time anyways.

For Aka Yurei, Golden Rock is the chance to finally step onto the stage and become a new person. Aka Yurei has not truly won a match in FWA… she’s on a big losing streak, and yes, she’s lost to Tobias Blume, Sawyer Xavier, and Chris Crowe, but she now has a new attitude. If there was any doubt to herself before, it has all subsided. Aka Yurei is no longer afraid to try. The Crimson Ghost wants to show the world that even if they doubt her, she can prove everyone wrong… even if it’s just this once against Randy Ramon and Devin Golden. She doesn’t give a damn that they hold the tag team championships and that Golden is the world champion. For Aka Yurei, she is not merely some actor in their story… this is *her* story; this chapter of her story is going to end in her being victorious against them. Even then, if she fails to capture the World Tag Team Championships with her partner Reagan Cole, what the Crimson Ghost does know is that by the end of that match, she will capture the hearts and minds of everyone who ever doubted her for a single second.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
"In this sign you will conquer"

Golden-Statue-Of-Goddess-Victoria.jpg

- Victoria, Roman Goddess of Victory