AJ Styles Speaks Out - Being Pissed Off, RVD, Mistakes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
AJ Styles recently spoke about the state of TNA, here are some highlights…

On Losing The Title To RVD: "I definitely didn't understand it. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it. I was very surprised that they would want me to lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who hasn't been in wrestling for over a year, and came from WWE to win the World Title so quickly. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that (against Jeff Hardy). I was very conflicted on that. It was like, 'I have no idea what's going on here anymore.' I don't know how to put it in words. I was pissed off - I don't want to say that - but at the same time, I was very confused. 'Okay, I guess I'm not the star that I thought I was here at TNA. I guess I'm just a TNA guy.'"

On Moving To Mondays: "We never should have switched to Monday nights. We know that now. I wish that we would have just gone live on Thursday nights. The first one we did on Monday nights was huge, but Thursday nights was our night. There's no mistake about it; Monday night is WWE's. It's theirs. We need to own Thursday nights."

On Mistakes: "I think there are mistakes that have done. I don't know if it's necessarily the people we've brought in, but there's stuff where surely they took a step back and thought, 'Okay, maybe we don't need this.' There were some people brought in who I don't think we necessarily needed. But, there's Jeff Hardy. He sells so much merchandise; he's making so much money for this company. There are other guys I think who deserved a shot at TNA who are not here that I'm very confused they're not here because I think they could make money."

On HardCORE Justice: "It's interesting. I'm anxious to see Jerry Lynn-Rob Van Dam again. There's going to be other matches that are classic ECW. I'm not really bothered with it," Styles said. "It is kind of weird we're having a PPV for those guys, but it's interesting. I think people will buy this PPV to see, 'I wonder what's going to happen.'"

Reaction score
He is right about TNA trying to own Thursday nights. I like that mindset.

Additionally, I thought it was funny at the time that RVD wrestled two cages matches the night before, one with multiple wrestlers and weapons, wrestled Jeff Hardy the next day for #1 contendership and then still beat Styles for the belt. TNA definetly wanted to create a moment with a title switch on a live Monday night Impact and they kinda did but I totally see why Styles was upset with it.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Yeah what RVD did was worst than what John Cena would do >_>

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
On Losing The Title To RVD: "I definitely didn't understand it. For the life of me, I couldn't figure it. I was very surprised that they would want me to lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who hasn't been in wrestling for over a year, and came from WWE to win the World Title so quickly. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that (against Jeff Hardy). I was very conflicted on that. It was like, 'I have no idea what's going on here anymore.' I don't know how to put it in words. I was pissed off - I don't want to say that - but at the same time, I was very confused. 'Okay, I guess I'm not the star that I thought I was here at TNA. I guess I'm just a TNA guy.'"

Didn't know he was that pissed off about that. He did make some valid points though.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Aj to raw. Samoa Joe follows. Tag team to introduce themselves own it up, faces Straight edge society if that's still around.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Finally the Franchise Player speaks. I have not watched TNA in about 2 months and like JB said, I'm surprised he was so pissed about it.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Oh dear …Someone clearly isn’t happy.

I think Vince WOULD take him, but I don’t see a world title for him if his future WWE-shaped.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I just want to hear that first pop he would get

unrealnils

Reaction score
The wwe machine would squash him , plain and simple, he'd actually ruin his career with that move unless they were to utilize him properly........

He should stay and try to push TNA to the next level and he go down in history like Sting will

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^LOL... Sting didn't carve his place in history by being in TNA.

Anyway, arguably (and seemingly insinuated by AJs comments) TNA aren't using him "properly".

Reaction score
He'd fit right in with Matt Hardy and Regal. AJ was awesome and really broke through in 2003-2005 but is just treading water in TNA.

Mister J

Reaction score
AJ Styles is a crybaby. I'd rather see him go home instead of WWE or TNA.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^The majority of the readership of this forum would rather YOU 'went home' too.