AJ is Not a Happy Camper

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
NoDQ.com > TNA > Report: AJ Styles upset about losing the TNA Title
Posted by Mark Virginia on 04/20/2010 at 11:19 PM

Credit: Gerweck.net

According to Steve Gerweck, AJ Styles was not happy about dropping the TNA World Title to Rob Van Dam on Monday's Impact. Styles was also upset over the ending of the match when RVD did not hook the leg for the pinfall.

Gerweck also reports that, after the match, Styles packed his things and left the building without speaking to anyone.

There were mixed feelings to the situation, with some feeling that Styles has gotten an ego and others agreeing with the idea that TNA made Styles look weak with the booking of the RVD match.

I can definitely see where he is coming from. I don't think this has anything to do with his ego, if he even has one.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Well to be honest I would be pissed if I were AJ. First of all to give their dream match away on free tv with no advertising or hype or feud or anything. Second because RVD just comes in after a few months after his debut and takes his belt away and makes the Pope look weak in my opinion. No feud or hype or anything and RVD wins the belt. Fucking fuck.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Second because RVD just comes in after a few months after his debut and takes his belt away and makes the Pope look weak in my opinion.

Sadly, it was only a little over a month. RVD debuted on the Mar. 8th show I think. Yeah, some guys (Christopher Daniels) work their asses off in TNA and never get the belt.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Am I the only one that see's this as a transition into a Pope title run?

Reaction score
I'd be pissed if I were him.

TNA decided to take the belt off him whilst he's in a major heel run, just to give it to someone who debuted on march 8th.

Double J

Reaction score
Well to be honest I would be pissed if I were AJ. First of all to give their dream match away on free tv with no advertising or hype or feud or anything. Second because RVD just comes in after a few months after his debut and takes his belt away and makes the Pope look weak in my opinion. No feud or hype or anything and RVD wins the belt. Fucking fuck.

This, 100% this....

Am I the only one that see's this as a transition into a Pope title run?

No. They're not going to put Pope over RVD if they couldn't put AJ over him.

I'd be pissed if I were him.

TNA decided to take the belt off him whilst he's in a major heel run, just to give it to someone who debuted on march 8th.

I sure it was Hogan's call, it was probably one way Hogan got RVD to sign to TNA; "Oh yeah brother, you'll totally have the world title within the first month of you showing up!"

This was stupid to do. Like it was said, no build up nothing. Lets also set up a continued feud between Pope and AJ and then scrap it the next night.

Honestly I could see AJ having somewhat of an ego in TNA, but like I said certain guys on the TNA roster deserve to have one while in TNA, but I seriously doubt it's his ego that made him pissed off. They should of just left Jeff and RVD in the upper card/ semi-main event and no where near the title. I seriously doubt giving RVD (or Jeff for the matter) the title will boost their ratings.

Reaction score
Yeh I'm pretty appauled at the decision to give RVD the title. So many things were wrong with this, as some of you have said:

-Ho hype, no build up. None. A title match AND title change was the LAST thing I was expecting the night after Lockdown.
-The match wasn't that epic. It wasn't a championship match, tbh.
-The celebration was WAY OVER THE TOP! The thing I thought when I saw the confetti come down and what not, was AJ Style's win way back when. Seems like a little kick in the gut, imo.
-Completely shit over a fued between Pope/AJ. I mean I wasn't huge on the fued, but the last two matches AJ's had, have had no continuing fueds.
-Made Pope look weak, especially after Lockdown's defeat.
-Made AJ look weak. RVD wrestles a match earlier in the night THEN defeats AJ? C'mon guys. Let's make RVD this machine that'll tear through the best athlete in TNA, AFTER wrestling one match...

Big bad move, imo. It's a shame, because I was actually enjoying this Impact, tbh. Oh well...

Kizza

Reaction score
AJ could just shut up. He was pushed to the moon, with RIC FUCKING FLAIR in his corner, yet he still failed to get over. They gave him numerous chances, a lengthy title reign and competitive matches. He should have lost the title earlier.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
^ya I'm thinking the same thing.

Yeah it was definitely the wrong move for AJ to drop the title ONE night after he retained it in a PPV. I wouldn't care if it was John fucking Cena. AJ should have at least cheated RVD out of a victory to set up a feud.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Build-up does wonders for a feud. The match could suck but the build up to said feud really does wonders. Anyone remember the Lethal/Dutt/So Cal Val feud?

Beer

Reaction score
AJ was given INCREDIBLE treatment from the hands of TNA. He's got a fucking nerve to be pissed.

However, the match was a bit stupid and really made a few people look super weak.

Hogan CAN regain this though. Try and make it seem AJ was just off the back of a big match, he wasn't at 100 percent? Ya know.

G 3

Reaction score
If I were AJ Styles, I'd be pissed too. Knowing title reigns for AJ he won't hold the gold for another four years. Not only that, but AJ Styles is TNA's homegrown superstar. And to have RVD go over on Impact says a lot about how good TNA is, and what being the top dog in TNA means, practically, not shit.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
TNA always mishandles AJ's major pushes. I remember in 2005 when he won the belt from Jarrett at Hard Justice then ended up dropping it to Raven at KOTM.

First of all, AJ should have never turned heel. That was the first mistake. AJ cannot play a heel. His promo skills aren't that great to have him take on the task of getting the fans to hate him. Making him the "next Ric Flair" was another mistake. They ended up making him look like a fool frosting his tips and giving him a Flair robe. What was supposed to be an impactful heel turn actually turned into a role much like Prince AJ, which was another debacle.