Ain't No Stopping Me Returning... Now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I agree with the poster who said bring in Abe Washington to be his mouth piece. That'll be gold....standard.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Enzo, for once, you're batshit crazy if you think Ziggler's even 1/10th of what Shelton's wrestling talent is. Although they're about the same on the mic.

And i've been through this a million times, but Shelton was the most over face on Raw during '04 and a reliable pop in '05 and could easily have been champion, then they buried him with a "losing streak" and the fans couldn't get into him again until early '09, when he was getting over again as a heel, then buried again in his JoMo feud. He's not even really that bad on the mic, and as far as "uncharismatic", he was super jaded during his last 3 years in the company and it showed. Hell, his last 8 months of ROH work DESTROYS anything Ziggler (or most of the other young talent in WWE) could ever dream of doing, and i'm barely a fan of ROH.

As far as great matches go, Shelton's never been in a position to have a Cena/HBK style "epic", but in every match he tried, he made better due to being a great wrestler.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
And before Airfixx comes in and blasts me for being a "smark" or whatever, I'm not even a big fan of Shelton's anymore since he was jaded for awhile and didn't do a whole lot (and rarely even wrestles at all anymore.), but just speaking the truth about him being over when being pushed as a serious threat, and having good matches. Obviously not WWE's cup of tea for a wrestler, because they're not about a good wrestler who's a bad actor. But yeah, people who say he's never been over need to do some more research. And any comparisons to WWE/IWF's favorite midcarders ring-wise (Dolph, JoMo, Cody, Drew etc.) is asinine on so many levels, because he's had more good matches in his career than those guys combined have had (Perhaps JoMo vs. Bourne on ECW, but that was mostly Bourne's doing anyway). The guy could have a 3 star match against Kane on Superstars, or Yoshi Tatsu on ECW. If that's not a good ring-talent, I don't know what is.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ Won't go in depth with all this cos we all know the arguments (in fact I specifically recall us bank n' forthing oevr this so many times! lol).... Nor will I blast you for being a smark, but....

*Shelton's supposed pleathora of MEMORABLE matches.... NAME THEM (apart from, yaaaaaaawn, HBK & HHH).

*Shelton's being the most over face on Raw in 2004? ...Really? ...Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. (You say "do some research"... Well, what would be a good show to start with then?)

*As for Shelton stepping it up in ROH? That's about the work ethic of the fed.... Stick Ziggles in ROH and see how he fares and THEN we'll talk.

As for the rest, that's just a mix of making excuses for him and making him out to be a minor ring general (when he's a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g but)....