Aftersun (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Aftersun-1-768x1138.jpg

Release Date: October 21, 2022
Sophie reflects on the shared joy and private melancholy of a holiday she took with her father twenty years earlier. Memories real and imagined fill the gaps between as she tries to reconcile the father she knew with the man she didn't.​

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
This movie was quite interesting. The way the director told the story felt unique and unlike anything else I've ever seen in a coming-of-age film. It's very slow moving, but also very engrossing. Geniunely felt as though I was watching real people, the performances were that good. I was really impressed with Frankie Corio in it, and I was surprised to learn it's her first ever film role. It's one of those that gets you thinking a lot and is quite ambiguous. Beautifully shot movie, really do think I'll need to watch it again to fully understand the meaning of it, but it definitely got me thinking about quite a few things by the end. What I got from it is the feeling of grief, losing someone close to you.