African American Wrestlers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Can the WWE use african american wrestlers the right way instead of making them look like clowns and idiots?
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_New-Day.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_New-Day.jpg

Reaction score
Exactly, like why can't we get a african american version of Goldberg or Brock Lesnar? Or a african american version of John Cena? If you look at other sports, Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant don't dance around like idiots, it pisses me off

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It seems the only person who is making this about race is you.

The New Day is the most over and top selling merchandise selling unit in the WWE, right now. They're getting their own cereal, if you need any more proof. Does it matter that they dance around, because if you ask any business professional or pro wrestling booker, they're the epitome of a pro wrestling success story. And another thing that bothers me about this, is that The New Day has a big say in what they do. What they do is at their own behest. So does it really matter that they dance around? They're successful, and they're having fun. That's all that matters.

You also bring up a black version of Brock Lesnar. I'm not sure if you noticed but Brock Lesnar is an absolute freak. There isn't a white version, a black version, a brown version and an Asian version, in-stock. He's a one of a kind, once in a life-time athlete. The closest we've gotten to anyone like him was Bobby Lashley, who, to your liking, was black. But he was a fraction of what Lesnar was and is. He was on the rise, with a massive push. He was ECW World Champion, feuded with McMahon and was drafted to RAW. But injuries halted his push, at the peak.

I hate when people automatically equate race to everything done in WWE. Yeah they've had some stereotypical gimmicks, but that doesn't really matter in the large scheme of things because they hardly last more than a couple of years or even months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I'm just saying, there are actually a lot of african americans that didn't have a stereotype gimmick that deserved a push but got turned down, Mark Henry, took him 15 years to get the world heavyweight championship, Kofi Kingston was over with the crowd, I get it, he's over with the crowd even when he's with the new day but he would've been more successful even as a singles competitor, Shelton Benjamin, one of the most talented superstars in the business but never got a push, Big E Langston (not Big E) was a powerhouse but never got the push he deserved as a singles competitor for a world championship, do I need to go on?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Was that because they were black?

Mark Henry was used perfectly fine. His past work ultimately culminated into a massive push that gave him a legitimate title reign. Kofi Kingston was over with the crowd, but according to rumors and even an incident on TV, he had gotten a big head. His ego got the better of him. And Shelton Benjamin is a good wrestler and high flyer but can't talk for shit. He has no charisma or spunk to his character. Big E was also a charisma vacuum, but his work in New Day gave him the charisma WWE wanted out of him.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I personally think their gimmick/gimmicks suck. I never liked it. It has felt childish from the start. A lot of people like them though and these guys are loved by a lot of people.

I think you are making this about race instead of looking at ability. And your comparison to black men in sports makes no sense. Kobe was a basketball player. His career didn't rely on getting over with the crowd.

I do agree that Big E should go out on his own and be that powerhouse again but they aren't going to do this because the New Day is still widely popular and banks them huge sales in merch.
Don't forget, the WWE isn't just a "sport" it is a business.

Reaction score
Roman Reigns has no mic skills whatsoever but yet Vince loves the guy and the incident with Kofi, it was one mistake, roman made mistakes whenever he talked on the microphone yet they still give him a big ass push, jack swagger had no mic skills but they let him become world champion

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Roman Reigns has no mic skills whatsoever but yet Vince loves the guy and the incident with Kofi, it was one mistake, roman made mistakes whenever he talked on the microphone yet they still give him a big ass push, jack swagger had no mic skills but they let him become world champion
:facepalm:

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I can see Apollo Crews being the Smackdown champ in a couple of years, and as well Ember Moon winning NXT and WWE Women's Championship.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Roman Reigns has a pedigree. He was a great athlete in College, and played pro football. He comes from a pro wrestling dynasty. He had his own style, that was, originally, special for a guy his size. He also has a good look.

Jack Swagger is a National Wrestling Champion. He is the most legit guy they have on that roster, not named Brock Lesnar. He has a good look, and was able to work around his bad speaking by working with Zeb Colter.

I don't think Roman Reigns ever refused to take a finisher from his superior. Kofi did, and not even backstage, but on live TV. Reigns is much more reliable than Kingston was. Roman made a mistake with drugs, but that is way better than making yourself and your opponent look like fools live on international TV.