AEW: The Road To ALL OUT: Ep1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Today All Elite Wrestling have posted on their official youtube channel the first episode in their series The Road to ALL OUT, you can check it out below, the main part of this weeks episode is a sit down interview with good ol JR and Shawn Spears.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Today All Elite Wrestling have posted on their official youtube channel the first episode in their series The Road to ALL OUT, you can check it out below, the main part of this weeks episode is a sit down interview with good ol JR and Shawn Spears.

Enjoy!

They should hire Tony Schiavone for commentary. Shit, they should just hire Conrad Thompson too. JR, Tony, and Conrad would make a killer team.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They should hire Tony Schiavone for commentary. Shit, they should just hire Conrad Thompson too. JR, Tony, and Conrad would make a killer team.

Um, no. I have no problem with Schiavone coming back, but they could not have hired a better play by play man than JR. And again, I am NOT a JR fan. I have always felt he was a vastly overrated talent who only made it big because Gordon Solie (The best commentator in the history of wrestling) really liked him.

Still, Jim Ross is the best recognized name in wrestling commentary. The majority of wrestling fans consider him the best ever. He has passion for the job. He doesn't need the money. But he loves pro wrestling. There isn't anyone better they could have got.

And if JR refused and WWE hired him back and he starting loving Roman, you would think he was the best ever.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Um, no. I have no problem with Schiavone coming back, but they could not have hired a better play by play man than JR. And again, I am NOT a JR fan. I have always felt he was a vastly overrated talent who only made it big because Gordon Solie (The best commentator in the history of wrestling) really liked him.

Still, Jim Ross is the best recognized name in wrestling commentary. The majority of wrestling fans consider him the best ever. He has passion for the job. He doesn't need the money. But he loves pro wrestling. There isn't anyone better they could have got.

And if JR refused and WWE hired him back and he starting loving Roman, you would think he was the best ever.

No, Jim Ross has really not been that good for awhile. WWE was right to cut him when they did. Jerry Lawler also hasnt been good for awhile. JR and The King were top quality as a team in their prime, but without each other, and this stage in their lives, they are a fraction of what they used to be.

I really think Conrad Thompson would be a great fit as a commentator. He has had tremendous podcast success, and would be a great familiar voice for wrestling fans who is young, fresh, but still knows a lot about the wrestling business. Conrad Thompson could easily be AEW's equivalent to Joe Rogan for UFC.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
No, Jim Ross has really not been that good for awhile. WWE was right to cut him when they did. Jerry Lawler also hasnt been good for awhile. JR and The King were top quality as a team in their prime, but without each other, and this stage in their lives, they are a fraction of what they used to be.

I really think Conrad Thompson would be a great fit as a commentator. He has had tremendous podcast success, and would be a great familiar voice for wrestling fans who is young, fresh, but still knows a lot about the wrestling business. Conrad Thompson could easily be AEW's equivalent to Joe Rogan for UFC.

Yes, he has,. Man, we know your MO. The only thing you have done for a few years now is claim everyone that works with WWE is great and anyone else is shit. Ross's work with NJPW and other promotions have been great. If Ross was working for WWE and kissing Roman's ass, you would be declaring him the best commentator of all time. This is ALL you ever do.
'
You want to have a productive conversation? Stop being a troll and consider other people's opinions. You NEVER do this. You always think that you are right and you never consider ANYTHING other than yourself.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Yes, he has,. Man, we know your MO. The only thing you have done for a few years now is claim everyone that works with WWE is great and anyone else is shit. Ross's work with NJPW and other promotions have been great. If Ross was working for WWE and kissing Roman's ass, you would be declaring him the best commentator of all time. This is ALL you ever do.
'
You want to have a productive conversation? Stop being a troll and consider other people's opinions. You NEVER do this. You always think that you are right and you never consider ANYTHING other than yourself.

Im not being a troll. This is my legitimate opinion and JR cant cut the mustard anymore. Its also of my opinion that JR is really only any good with Jerry Lawler. There is no better duo, and Im a huge JR fan, i listen to his podcast every week. But he has clearly lost his step as a commentator, and thats not his fault cuz i believe its due to his age and his wife dying as well. He shouldnt be lead commenter. The wrestling today is too different and fast paced for him to keep up with play by play.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You are being a troll and it has been obvious for months. You spend more time on here trashing any potential competition to WWE than anything else. You bitch and you complain about competition, which is the VERY POINT OF CAPITALISM.

And no, you're not a huge JR fan. don't spent the past few months bashing the guy and then saying he is a fan.

Get your act in order right now.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
You are being a troll and it has been obvious for months. You spend more time on here trashing any potential competition to WWE than anything else. You bitch and you complain about competition, which is the VERY POINT OF CAPITALISM.

And no, you're not a huge JR fan. don't spent the past few months bashing the guy and then saying he is a fan.

Get your act in order right now.

Im not being a troll and I would never fully bury JR. Hes a legend and basically the voice of my childhood. Its just hard to listen to him nowadays because he doesnt have the fire that he used to. His best days aee waaaay behind him. "AS GOD IS MY WITNESS HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!" Were never gonna get that same Jim, hes lost that fire.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Im not being a troll and I would never fully bury JR. Hes a legend and basically the voice of my childhood. Its just hard to listen to him nowadays because he doesnt have the fire that he used to. His best days aee waaaay behind him. "AS GOD IS MY WITNESS HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!" Were never gonna get that same Jim, hes lost that fire.

Yes, you are a troll. Again, look up the definition. You seem to think you are more clever than anyone on this site, but you almost NEVER post anything positive. You mostly post things against things that are popular. How about talking about what you like rather than trashing other people for what they like?

See you almost never do this. I'm not a moron. I see very clearly what your actions are. Please consider your actions before the next thread you post.

Once I take the lock off, if you want to continue to speak about AEW in a productive manner, feel free. If all that you do is continue to insult thee people involved, I will limit you. End of discussion.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Sorry, Insane, I am locking this thread for 12 hours due to trolling comments. I will give everyone 12 hours to reconsider their behavior before I open it back up.

I am not coming down on anyone's opinions. This is a wrestling forum. Go to the promotions and the subjects that you like and try to have fun and positive discussions. If you only spend your time trashing people you don't like, that's not what this forum is about. We will have conflict because pro wrestling is built on conflict. But we are not here to trash people with different opinions. We are here to talk about what I consider the greatest sport(fake) in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.