AEW SXSW Panel; Britt Baker and Bryan Danielson comments

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Britt Baker says she can't wait to return to AEW.

Baker, who hasn't wrestled since September, took part in a panel discussion at SXSW on Monday. She was asked by Justin Barrasso if she feels the best is yet to come for her career. Baker responded:

Yeah, I do. Just growing as a wrestler and a performer and learning, and what works and what doesn’t work. And then just with all the new talent that's coming in and new talent we have to work with, and new coaches and new people coming over from WWE, new brains and minds we get to pick.
You’re really doing yourself a huge disservice if you’re not constantly asking everybody around you for help. And I think the help in AEW is just growing and growing and for me personally, I can't wait to get back in the ring, have one of these bad boys (microphone) in my hand and cut some promos. I don't know. Just stay tuned.

Barrasso had earlier told Baker that he feels her vs. Mercedes Mone would be "must-see viewing." Baker responded by saying, "Yeah, I mean, is that a question? Where's the question?"

Tony Khan also spoke about Baker during the discussion.

Khan said:

Britt is somebody who has been there basically since the beginning, since our first event. She's been out injured recently so it's something people will be looking forward to, something we have to offer is when Britt comes back and we get these great return moments.

Bryan Danielson also participated in Monday's panel. Near the end of the discussion, Danielson spoke about how, at 42, his goal is to "transfer stardom from one generation to another."

Danielson said:

The idea is to pass on what stardom I have been given to try and pass it on to the younger wrestlers. I've had some people ask me or say things to me like, "Oh Bryan, you should be champion, or you should've been champion, or you should of this or you should of that. And the reality is to me, no, the champions that we've had have been great.
Hangman was a great champion, MJF was a great champion and it elevated these younger people to now these people are stars. You put Hangman on TV now and he draws a rating, you put MJF now on TV (and) he draws a rating. It would be easy to just take stars of the past and make them your champion and make them your top guy, that's the easy way. It's much harder to take somebody like MJF who hadn't been on national television and turn him into a star that draws ratings. That was my bigger goal, is to transfer stardom from one generation to another.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
One thing that made AEW so much more appealing when it started was new people esp as someone beyond sick of Brock Lesnar (and the kofi squash to this days makes my blood boil). It's why I hated all the people wanting Punk/Danielson to come in and beat Omega over Hangman. I was invested in AEW and watching these people rise ala Page, MJF, Swerve etc.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wonder if Punk doesn't come in, Danielson takes it off hangman? or it just goes straight to mjf. we will never know

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I wonder if Punk doesn't come in, Danielson takes it off hangman? or it just goes straight to mjf. we will never know

Pretty certain it would have been MJF. I feel like without Punk, MJF gets it with no gaps in between. They kind of even teased it as a rivalry back at the first ever show

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Probably straight to MJF. But it’s another great hypothetical