• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Revolution March 5th, 2023

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Impact is the only company I can recall doing the classic Texas deathmatch rules in forever and apparently the internet didn't like that match as I found out over a year later (I was quite a fan)

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Moxley/Hangman and MJF/Bryan was high Art when it comes to Wrestling for me. It tested my Stomach too because of the blood and violent between those Matches especially but truly a pleasure to watch from start to finish with those two Matches. The only Match I was like meh was Joe vs Wardlow but now knowing what happened on Dynamite I get that decision between those two guys.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Question to those who watched both:

Kenny vs Ospreay WK or MJF vs Danielson Ironman for moty?

I think I'd still go with Omega/Ospreay, I've watched it a couple times now and probably won't rewatch the iron man match back for awhile just for the length, so not sure if that plays in lol

Top 2 of the year for me tho, I can say that confidently. I might even have Moxley/Page at 3

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
I think I'd still go with Omega/Ospreay, I've watched it a couple times now and probably won't rewatch the iron man match back for awhile just for the length, so not sure if that plays in lol

Top 2 of the year for me tho, I can say that confidently. I might even have Moxley/Page at 3
pretty much how I feel. I think Mox Page might even age better because it's a quicker watch. we need Kenny to have the Danielson rematch and I need an MJF Kenny ppv match as well, I think that could be generational

Chris

Dreams are Endless
pretty much how I feel. I think Mox Page might even age better because it's a quicker watch. we need Kenny to have the Danielson rematch and I need an MJF Kenny ppv match as well, I think that could be generational

Think of a Kenny/Jay White match happening before the year ends to culminate what they set up at Bound For Glory 2021 :garrett

Chris

Dreams are Endless
On Wednesday's Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer provided another update on the projected final buys for AEW Revolution.

Updating a report from Monday, he believes the final numbers for this month's pay-per-view will be in the range of the low-to-mid 130,000s as "late buys were strong."

Compared to November's Full Gear, he said that international streaming buys and linear TV PPV buys were both down but didn't have a final number on domestic streaming buys.

At the post-Revolution press conference, AEW head Tony Khan said he thought the show would finish between 130,000-140,000 buys based on early numbers.

The number is a drop from 2022's 175,000 buys for Revolution and more in line with 2021's 135,000.

The number is also a drop from the 140,000 range they hit for their last three PPVs: June's Forbidden Door, September's All Out and November's Full Gear.

The show came a day after a noteworthy UFC PPV that featured the return of Jon Jones in a fight for the vacant heavyweight title that could have affected some buys.