AEW Rampage March 25th, 2023: It’s on Saturday because fuck SOCCER

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Just seen this thread title. Disgraceful. Also I think if it is delayed two weeks, it's something big happening in the match otherwise you are overhyping it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Saturday night's episode of AEW Rampage averaged 373,000 viewers on TNT, down 21.3 percent from the previous week (which aired just after midnight Eastern on a Friday). It's the lowest audience total for the show since February 17 and the second lowest of 2023 so far.

The Rampage episode was moved to Saturday due to TNT's coverage of a United States vs. Grenada soccer game.

In the 18-49 demo, Rampage finished 26th on the cable charts with a 0.10 rating. That's down 44.4 percent from the previous week and also matches Rampage's second-lowest rating of the year. The lowest was that same February 17 episode, which was a 7 p.m. Eastern airing.

Rampage's ratings were down in every category with the exception of people over 50, which were up 11.1 percent from the prior week's late night airing. The biggest declines were with young women as both women 18-49 and females 18-34 were down 50 percent. Rampage's 0.02 rating with females 12-34 was the lowest the show has ever done.

As compared to the same week in 2022, when Rampage aired in its regular time slot, the overall audience was down 12.2 percent while the 18-49 rating was down 28.6 percent.

Also airing on Saturday night was a preview of the first episode of AEW's All Access reality show. With it airing after NCAA March Madness coverage, the All Access preview averaged 738,000 viewers on TBS. It ranked seventh on cable with a 0.24 rating in the 18-49 demo.

Listed below are the last 11 weeks of overall viewership and 18-49 demo ratings for Rampage, as well as the 10-week averages in both categories. This week's show was down 11.8 percent in overall viewers and down 16.7 percent in 18-49 as compared to the recent averages.

rampage-ratings.jpg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm still in shock at that All Acess demo lmao. I'll be super curious to see how it does in its regular slot. I have a feeling if it catches on enough it'll be big for them. ppl love behind the scenes drama trash

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah idk how it's gonna do since normally it'll be airing after Dynamite which should be fine to keep viewership for the show, probably the best move and it gives 3 hours of AEW. But I see people saying it'll be their Total Divas and I don't think that's a good comparison bc that crazy grew the female audience in WWE. I don't think this will bring in a whole demo like that, but if it's a good 3rd hour of programming then that's still good news

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tbh it probably helps the perception that Power Slap did so bad too :lol as long as it does better it might be seen as a success where prior it coulda been eh

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah idk how it's gonna do since normally it'll be airing after Dynamite which should be fine to keep viewership for the show, probably the best move and it gives 3 hours of AEW. But I see people saying it'll be their Total Divas and I don't think that's a good comparison bc that crazy grew the female audience in WWE. I don't think this will bring in a whole demo like that, but if it's a good 3rd hour of programming then that's still good news
I think it will popular among women but wont be a huge slide like it was for wwe. I do think it will create new fans tho potentially . I do think for sure: itll make the ppl staring in it more household names like it did Codymeister