AEW Rampage Live Discussion 8/20/2021

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1629508571486.png

Coming from the GREATEST city in the world, Chicago, Illinois. Will we see the return of CM Punk, or will the United Center riot?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Well, this ruled.

Definitely the biggest moment in wrestling since...ironically, WM30. For sure.

As passionate and awesome as CM Punk was reading WWE's scripted garbage... this was awesome.
Punk looked great. Seemed refreshed, geniunely "happy to be there", took a few little shots at the "E" but it actually worked for him.
Did something clever with his (kayfabe) ineffective rebel character and AEW delivering to the live fans was truly awesome.
He came across honest and humble and it was so, so great to watch. Darby in the rafters was an awesome touch, and seeing that it really hit me, him as the opponent was brilliant.

Darby debuted taking an L to Cody and looked so good in defeat (as an unknown) that that didn't matter. Him losing this match means less than nothing, and if Punk's rusty/still beat up, he's one of the weirdest "can wrestle a broomstick" guys in the business cause he can take some ridiculous bump and make this match freaking memorable even if Punk's trying to get out of 2nd gear.

One nitpick was the match order, putting Jurassic Express and Private Party (another nitpick, get Matt Hardy away from these two, being in that group makes them look like such job fodder) in the biggest death spot possible since...well, WM30, as I'm out here texting my friends about DUDE DID YOU SEE THAT CM PUNK DID NOT LOSE A STEP and look up and a dude's taking a Canadian Destroyer off the back of a dinosaur and who could possibly care.

Still... 10/10 moment, and it's so crazy to think everyone's turning Summerslam into Wrestlemania weekend and this took everyone's buzz and then some.
AEW is white-hot right now and I don't want to watch this train stop rolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustafar Reginald