AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door June, 25th, 2023

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
That's what I have been saying! Give KENTA the damn bag! @Tony Khan, I know you tired of me ating you, man

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wrestlers from Stardom are not expected to appear at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door II on Sunday, June 25.

Stardom's Sunshine 2023 pay-per-view takes place from Yoyogi National Gymnasium the same day as Forbidden Door. The promotion's top stars are all booked for matches on that show.

Additionally, Stardom informed our own Dave Meltzer that nobody on their roster has a Canadian visa and would not be able to work the AEW/NJPW joint show in Toronto. They also noted they have not been contacted by AEW regarding the event.

Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio:

There's been some talk regarding Stardom and Forbidden Door and there's nothing going on there.
This is from Stardom. First of all, none of the Stardom women have Canadian visas so even if they wanted to do something, it would have to be rushed, Stardom has a pay-per-view that day. From people in Stardom, there has been no talk from there side, they have heard nothing. They said the only contact that Stardom and AEW have had - they didn't have any last year either - the only contact they've had, Stardom had contacted AEW about perhaps one of the women from AEW wrestling against KAIRI, I believe it was, at the Tokyo Dome show for the IWPG Women's Championship and they couldn't get the deal done. It never was never serious. It was going to be KAIRI and Tam [Nakano] at that show. But they did make an inquiry at that time, so that's the only contact that there's been.
KAIRI could have a visa from her time working in WWE, I don't know that she does. I was told nobody does, and she's somebody but none of the other women for sure do. They have a pay-per-view that day and every key wrestler on the roster is booked on that pay-per-view.

Seven matches are confirmed for Stardom Sunshine 2023 on June 25.
  • Stars (Momo Kohgo, Hanan & Saya Iida) vs. Waka Tsukiyama, Yuna Mizumori, & Sakura Aya
  • Syuri vs. Xena
  • Nanae Takhashi vs. Hanako
  • Tam Nakano, Natsupoli & KAIRI vs. Maika, Suzu Suzuki, & Mei Seira
  • Goddess of Stardom Champions The New Eras (Ami Sourei & Mirai) defend against Club Venus (Mariah May & Mina Shirakawa)
  • Artist of Stardom Champions Baribari Bombers (Giulia, Tekla, & Mai Sakurai) defend against Stars (Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, & Koguma)
  • Queen's Quest (Lady C, Hina, Utami Hayashishita, Saya Kamitani, AZM & Miyu Yamasaki) vs. Oedia Tai (Netsuke Tora, Saki Kashima, Momo Watanabe, Starlight Kid, Ruaka, & Rina)

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Yeah, could have told you that STARDOM wouldnt be at FD II

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It was expected.

But disappointed. I wanted something like Toni Storm vs Giulia.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
But disappointed. I wanted something like Toni Storm vs Giulia.
Sounds like a good match, but unless the other Outsiders-X were banned from the match, it would be a another cluster of a match

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah for a guy that keeps a eye on the Stardom Schedule quite often I knew they wouldn't be involved during the Show. I would of wanted to see a cold Match or two for the Show anyways. Now if they had plans to do so Stardom would of been involved Months setting this all up for sure.