AEW Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, I’m glad they aren’t rushing this game and are taking the time to make it and try and get it to be enjoyable. I rather wait on a game and it be great, over them putting one out just to have one out.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Screenshot_20210724-232635_Elite_GM.jpg

The emoji was my exact face when I saw this challenge

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I hope their games don’t end up like WWE’s where it’s just the same damn game every single year with 1 new hairstyle and every female face looks like a man.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Might as well do a big thread.

newest article from fightful says the AEW game will be cross-platform enabled!

Kenny Omega provides an update on the AEW console video game.

Gaming in wrestling is a huge topic right now as WWE gets ready to release 2K22 in less than a month. All Elite Wrestling is preparing its own console video game release. They're currently working with Yuke’s, the makers of the old WWE SmackDown games.

Kenny Omega, who is a huge gamer by his own admission, is spearheading the project for the console video game release that is on its way from AEW. It's been quite a while since we've received any information regarding this new game but Kenny Omega says that he is hopeful there will be news soon.

Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Kenny says that while he does not want to promise anything, there should be news and a potential character reveals coming very soon.

"We're working on our next presentation. We're working non-stop, around the clock, on this game. There are a lot of deadlines we're trying to reach. We don't ever want to keep anyone in the dark completely and it's been quite some time since we've had an actual update, not just information, but we want to be able to show people something. I would expect, hopefully, to have something prepared for people, to show, very soon. I don't want to promise at the pay-per-view or the pay-per-view week, but we were hoping to possibly show a little more of where we're at and progression and reveal possibly a new character or character. It is coming along," Omega said.

Furthermore, Kenny reiterated that for him, he wants this game to be fun for not only the die-hard fans but for casual wrestling fans and maybe even game players that are not wrestling fans whatsoever.

"For me, there is a large emphasis on the wrestling aspect of the game. We want the wrestling too, and it's tough to get it down, but we want it to feel like how a match would flow, but within a video game. The matches, in general, will go a little quicker but we want them to feel like the user is able to assume the role of their favorite AEW superstar and or, whoever they create in create a wrestler mode, and when they mix it up in the ring in whatever match type they choose, that they're having a fun time and they feel like they are in control of their person and that the moves have impact and is fun, but if you want to be competitive about it, there is that there too. We'll never be able to compete with the production values of WWE's game. 2K22 is absolutely gorgeous, I'm excited to see all their bells and whistles when it finally releases," Omega said. "For us, rather than pushing the envelope drastically or anything like that, we just want the wrestling to feel how it used to feel for the people who would play wrestling games back in the day and just have fun with fellow wrestling fans or people who want to have fun with their buddies. Maybe they don't know who Luchasaurus is or don't know who Chris Jericho is, but they'll be able to pick a character and go, 'this guy is fun to play as.' That's the feeling that I want, as a creative designer, to bring back to video games."

Kenny, talking about some possible game modes said that there will be cross-platform gameplay in the game and online lobbies and inability to defend belts. It was not clear whether or not the ability to defend championships will translate to online gameplay, something that has been missing from WWE games for well over a decade.

"We have a lot of match types, game modes, there is going to be cross-platform and an online component where you can create your own lobby and things like that and have fun with friends, the ability to defend belts. Plenty of ways to interact with people in different ways to build a community and interact with people and have fun. In this wrestling universe, it's not just about the wrestling itself, it's always about bringing people together as best you can, which is not the main focus, but I would like to see that happen and it's one of my focuses. I would like to see that happen, for this game to be a chance for wrestling fans and people who enjoy the game to have as many outlets as they can to bring their friends together and have fun, offline or online," he said.

WWE 2K22 will not allow for cross-platform gameplay but there will be cross-platform Community Creations lobbies

Last edited:
Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Think we already got one for the game, it’s just buried some place. :lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Okay, we did. Went ahead and merged them and kept your title since the other still said maybe coming soon.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Fucking love it’s going to have cross play and everything. Very amazing news, and very welcomed news. So no matter what my friends have it on, I can WHIP THAT ASSSSSSS

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Fucking love it’s going to have cross play and everything. Very amazing news, and very welcomed news. So no matter what my friends have it on, I can WHIP THAT ASSSSSSS
hopefully u can have cross platform leagues too. hell think of the efed simming possibilities!

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Very happy to hear about crossplay. That should be in every game IMO. Extends the lifespan of games and means friends don't need to be on the same systems to play together.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG