• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW Full Gear Discussion Thread

Sylar

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Yeah i don't think you can legally hinder somebody's ability to make money because it's his legal name. He probably uses Cody to separate it from his wwe character

Pretty sure he's said on Twitter before that he could use Cody Rhodes if he wanted to and WWE has never told him not to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted the trademark above so WWE does technically own the name as of this moment. Whether or not Cody has a shot at challenging it is up to him. I think he just doesn't want to burn any bridges. I feel if it was really easy, he'd definitely use Rhodes. I forgot about this earlier, but even Dustin is using Rhodes in AEW. So you have Dustin and Brandi Rhodes, but he just wants to go by Cody? No buys.

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
I posted the trademark above so WWE does technically own the name as of this moment. Whether or not Cody has a shot at challenging it is up to him. I think he just doesn't want to burn any bridges. I feel if it was really easy, he'd definitely use Rhodes. I forgot about this earlier, but even Dustin is using Rhodes in AEW. So you have Dustin and Brandi Rhodes, but he just wants to go by Cody? No buys.
Didn’t Dustin wrestle as Dustin Rhodes in WWE at some point? If he did, I’m assuming they’d have that name trademarked too.

Sylar

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Didn’t Dustin wrestle as Dustin Rhodes in WWE at some point? If he did, I’m assuming they’d have that name trademarked too.
I honestly don’t believe he ever did. He wrestled in WCW as Dustin Rhodes and debuted for WWE as Goldust upon debut. And returned to WCW in 1999-2001 as Dustin Rhodes again. Dustin I’m sure was smart enough to secure his name, though.

Chris

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
I honestly don’t believe he ever did. He wrestled in WCW as Dustin Rhodes and debuted for WWE as Goldust upon debut. And returned to WCW in 1999-2001 as Dustin Rhodes again. Dustin I’m sure was smart enough to secure his name, though.
He wrestled as Dustin for a really short run teaming with Dusty in like 91 or maybe 1990