AEW Forbidden Door June 30th, 2024: Live from Elmont, New York

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Orange Cassidy vs Jack Sabre Jr. Okay, this is my favorite match of the night so far. These are two guys who I both really, really enjoy an they both put on an amazing and enjoyable match. I loved all of the mat wrestling from both of the guys, even though it is not Orange's forte. And even seeing Orange lose is never fun but didn't take away from this really good match :)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Great trios match. Although I think my favorite part had to be when Nigel accused Taz of not being objective and the response was "Like you during a Danielson match." That was very, very nice.

But the match was enjoyable as a whole. Have to admit it was fun seeing Jericho lose due to the Judas Effect, even if Hook didn't deliver it with any kind of surprise.

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Thank fuckin' god they ended with Ospreay/Swerve... because just imagine they would've put Mox/Naito last. The heck was going on with that one. :anna

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Death By Looch said:
Thank fuckin' god they ended with Ospreay/Swerve... because just imagine they would've put Mox/Naito last. The heck was going on with that one. :anna
Naito ain't got it anymore and what's the novelty of the match when they already did it on an American show earlier this year. If it was one for one in Japan and America it would have been different, first one was hot despite both having similar destino issues lol

Reactions: Death By Looch

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Naito ain't got it anymore and what's the novelty of the match when they already did it on an American show earlier this year. If it was one for one in Japan and America it would have been different, first one was hot despite both having similar destino issues lol
That's fair... I haven't seen the other match, so I went into it with another mindset, I guess.

Still makes me wish they'd put another Match in the semi-Main spot... like the AEW Women's Title match.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Death By Looch said:
That's fair... I haven't seen the other match, so I went into it with another mindset, I guess.
it was a very good main event in April at an NJPW show with the hot finish of Moxley winning as a surprise to most but you could tell by how things were shaking out he had 0 chance of retaining here, both NJPW and Tony accidentally spoiled it so that probably hurt the crowd perception too

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah Naito and Moxley's Match together was surely off throughout their battle with each other. I remember feeling the same way in their first bout but they really cooked the 2nd Half leading to Moxley winning the IWGP World Title. I'm more confused on the direction of New Japan at the highest of levels right now you gave the title back to Naito and the G1 Climax starting soon why would I want to watch that tourney knowing Naito might not be giving up that Title for a little bit? At least Moxley had some fresh matchups to come vs the winner of the G1 now I'm going to need to suffer through another one knowing the guy who wins it will probably be a former winner or champion rather than someone new. Unless I'm wrong and New Japan's people wake up and Tsuji, Umino, or Taichi win it all and beat Naito in January.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Just watching Forbidden door, some decent matches so far. Up to last match which I've heard was the best ospreay v Strickland.

Naito v Mox my fav so far banger of a match.

Last edited:

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Real good main event, liked the ending .

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Pretty good main event. The matches I didn't mention was because I was pretty focused on the show. The main event was really good, even if I am not the hugest Swerve fan. But often, even when I am not a fan of someone, they grow on me with their good work.

Have to say that Orange Cassidy vs Zach Sabre Jr was my favorite match of the night. Not too shocking being that they are two of my favorite wrestlers in the world. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: L3G4CY15