AEW First TV Show Sells Out in 3 Hours

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
AEW will have their first TV show live event in the capital one arena in DC on Wednesday October 2nd, it will be the beginning of their live weekly TV show, and just 3 hours after going on sale, tickets for their first TV live event has Sold Out.

EA_xXHtVUAACjd1.jpg

Ofcourse this should come as no surprise, this is their first TV show, it will be a historic moment for the company, now its on them to nail it, and if their previous shows have been any indication, they are more then capable of the task.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
All they need to do is make sure they develop their
"characters" & keep the stories sensible with strong
continuity...

The wrestling will take care of itself.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
All they need to do is make sure they develop their
"characters" & keep the stories sensible with strong
continuity...

The wrestling will take care of itself.
They haven't told any stories and developed any characters yet so we will have to see.

• Haha

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
It's still a hot ticket.. They gotta keep this momentum going.

They already have better stories going on than WWE, with Moxley/Omega and Spears/Cody.. The 2 hottest matches of the Summer.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's still a hot ticket.. They gotta keep this momentum going.

They already have better stories going on than WWE, with Moxley/Omega and Spears/Cody.. The 2 hottest matches of the Summer.
Literally no storyline present in either of those matches

• Haha

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
They haven't told any stories and developed any characters yet so we will have to see.

Literally no storyline present in either of those matches

Literally look at the Road to Series for their events and even on BTE and most people have had interviews, promos, skits, showing a lot of personality, and explaining their actions. Including Shawn having an interview with JR explaining his actions, and Moxley explained himself and delivered a message to Kenny for their match. It may not all be on the wrestling shows yet, but they are doing it on the media they have in between.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Literally look at the Road to Series for their events and even on BTE and most people have had interviews, promos, skits, showing a lot of personality, and explaining their actions. Including Shawn having an interview with JR explaining his actions, and Moxley explained himself and delivered a message to Kenny for their match. It may not all be on the wrestling shows yet, but they are doing it on the media they have in between.
Seems like they are in the very early stages of the stories. I have not been impressed at all though. No meat on the bone. Early days though so hopefully they will tell some good stories.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I expected nothing less when I came to check out this thread.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
?

What do you mean? Nothing significant has happened in this thread whatsoever
That's not true...

You came in, quoted my post, posted something negative
& made yourself look like a complete bell end once again
as the smarter members who actually care about the AEW
saw straight through your bullshit.

At least that's what I see...

Anyone else?

• Haha
Reactions: The Sheik

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That's not true...

You came in, quoted my post, posted something negative
& made yourself look like a complete bell end once again
as the smarter members who actually care about the AEW
saw straight through your bullshit.

At least that's what I see...

Anyone else?
It's not bullshit because I haven't seen a single person on here talk about how great a story is. Cuz there isn't any great stories being told. No one is gushing over any stories just the wrestling and the hype.

I didn't know you were not allowed to say something negative about aew even though there are lots of valid criticisms of the product that they are put out so far. Some people just hate people pointing out the negatives of stuff that they like.

When they finally get on TV then maybe the story's will actually start developing. So far it's been poor

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
It's not bullshit because I haven't seen a single person on here talk about how great a story is. Cuz there isn't any great stories being told. No one is gushing over any stories just the wrestling and the hype.

I didn't know you were not allowed to say something negative about aew even though there are lots of valid criticisms of the product that they are put out so far. Some people just hate people pointing out the negatives of stuff that they like.

When they finally get on TV then maybe the story's will actually start developing. So far it's been poor
I'd read all that...but honestly all I see is...

Blah, Blah, Blah...I AM RIGHT...Blah, Blah, Blah...YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT...
Blah, Blah Blah...I AM BUTT HURT...Blah, Blah, Blah...I'M A BELL END...

So I'm going to restrain myself from getting involved in another "wonderful"
conversation & pursue a more meaningful use of my time...

Like clipping my toes nails.

:thumbsup:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'll just be here waiting for one of you guys to gush over an aew story. I know its early days so it perfectly fine that they haven't got round to doing it yet. No shame in admitting that guys

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The Shawn Spears vs Cody storyline is basically the chair shot to the head. Spears went after Cody to make a name for himself and who better than Dustys son and Executive VP for AEW.

Moxley vs Omega storyline is a clash of styles. 2 different walks of life coming face to face. Omega is a acrobatic, artsy, and almost pompous performer, while Moxley is mean, gritty, and in your face brawler. Is its them 2 being top guys in their style settling it in a wrestle match.

Not the strongest or deepest storylines, but they are there.

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta