AEW Dynamite thread, October 6 2021: 2 year anniversary celebrated... w/ a LADDER MATCH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I thought the ME and Shida/Deeb were both better than the opening match. i loved the opening match, but it had quite a few misteps that took it down a notch for me

Opener was fun chaos but definitely found it quite messy. It's a shame they messed up delivering the powerbomb. Still great to see all those guys interact. Main event was amazing, a couple of spots were rough as hell. Really nice ladder match with a great return from Hangman and satisfying win.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
:worried

7d777ea96d76a46c6b3780f192957a0ab9c0f7ea.gifv

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Opener was fun chaos but definitely found it quite messy. It's a shame they messed up delivering the powerbomb. Still great to see all those guys interact. Main event was amazing, a couple of spots were rough as hell. Really nice ladder match with a great return from Hangman and satisfying win.
yeah pretty much how Id sum it up, and it wasnt just the powerbomb spot. it was awesome chaos though, full on indie spot fest and it was entertaining as hell nonetheless :)

ladder match was fucking STIFF

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The Dead-Eye spot in the ladder was one of the wildest things I've ever seen

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The Dead-Eye spot in the ladder was one of the wildest things I've ever seen
I felt the most bad for hanger's knees :DEAD:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
:bosque why did he have to make it so easy for Ricky like that

Reactions: Jimmy King

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
:bosque why did he have to make it so easy for Ricky like that

Because he is a big dumb bitch :heston

Also show was amazing. PAGE IS BACK. Also LOVED Shida vs Deeb and the finish stunned me. Amazing booking by AEW. They worked me

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
I know he's not getting any younger but come on, Christian was sweating just standing up on the apron waiting for his turn.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I know he's not getting any younger but come on, Christian was sweating just standing up on the apron waiting for his turn.

I've been surprised by Christian actually. He really showed with Omega he can go for quite a while still.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Source: f4wonline.com

Wednesday night's anniversary edition of AEW Dynamite averaged 1,053,000 viewers on TNT, down 8.6 percent from last week. It's the lowest audience for the show since September 1.

In the 18-49 demo, Dynamite drew a 0.37 rating, down 17.8 percent from last week. That matches the lowest number Dynamite has done in the demo since August 18.

After several weeks of topping the cable charts in 18-49, Dynamite fell to fourth this week. The show faced stiff competition in the form of the MLB National League Wildcard game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals, which averaged nearly 6.7 million viewers and drew a 1.73 rating in the 18-49 demo. Dynamite was also behind Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and the MLB post-game show.

The individual demo categories were interesting. Dynamite was way down in men 18-49, falling from a 0.67 rating last week to a 0.53 this week. For women in the same category, Dynamite only fell 4.4 percent. In the 18-34 demo, Dynamite was actually even with last week, so that drop was with men 35-49.

In people over 50, Dynamite actually went up 2.3 percent to a 0.45 rating. Dynamite also had an increase of 16.7 percent with females 12-34, but males in the same category were down 16.1 percent.

As compared to the same week in 2020, Dynamite was up 39.8 percent in overall viewers and up 19.4 percent in the demo. It's the fifth straight week that Dynamite's year-over-year growth has been at least 30 percent. Some of that is because the show no longer faces competition from NXT, but much of it is due to AEW's return to touring and the recent new signees.

Listed below are the last 11 weeks of Dynamite viewership and 18-49 demo ratings, along with the 10-week average in both categories. This week's show was down 6.7 percent in viewers and down 18.9 percent in 18-49 from the recent averages.

aew_ratings_23.png

• Wow
Reactions: Dale

Jobber Doink

Reaction score
Not surprised, wild card games are important shit