AEW Dynamite July 31, 2024 - Bryan has a lot to say

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Feels like Swerve was heel then a babyface now heel again. Crowd tried who's house chant few of them didn't work. Nah I want one last run for Danielson now swerve made history had a what four months run. If the TNT title can be took off Wardlow in five days and I know it's the Second highest after world champion but I just think he's had one decent match against Ospreay that's it.

I think UK crowd like Bryan Danielson from his WWE days and will boo swerve.

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I freakin' could scream YouTube on the TV telling me before I even watched AEW about something like title v career.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I didn't at all I fully expected Hanger to dismantle him or fuckery

Darby has two titles shot lined up whilst Hangman atm doesn't have anything announced. If it wasn't going to be a fuckery finish, Darby was (and should) always win atm. Hangman lost due to Hangman which protects him. Now the him likely facing Okada... I really do not want a face turn.

Reactions: Jacob Fatu

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Darby has two titles shot lined up whilst Hangman atm doesn't have anything announced. If it wasn't going to be a fuckery finish, Darby was (and should) always win atm. Hangman lost due to Hangman which protects him. Now the him likely facing Okada... I really do not want a face turn.
I think it’s coming and it makes sense for the story.

Don’t think it’ll be a full turn until after Omega returns though so we have room to put more Swerve stuff in there later.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
I think it’s coming and it makes sense for the story.

Don’t think it’ll be a full turn until after Omega returns though so we have room to put more Swerve stuff in there later.

I hate it right now. Feels way too early when there is so much to explore with him on this darker path due to his rightful anger. Plus Kenny is close to back per reports just not in time for All In. So if he is back soon and Hangman turns face fighting with Omega it means we don't get the Swerve stuff with or without the title (I do think Swerve now 100% loses at All In and wins the title back at WrestleDream).

Like I said I can handle Hangman losing hence why I think losing to Darby was correct but him feuding with the Elite NOW? I think that is the wrong move especially if it likely turns him face again so soon. If he fights Okada and loses, going darker moving away from that feud for the time being after All In? Sure but I think as great as the match will be, it's the wrong time for this match and I stand by that.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Low key swerve losing to danielson is the main thing giving me hope that if the Okada match happens, Hangman doesn't turn face cause you have time before getting back to them fighting for the title with their roles reversed

Sent from my SM-A236B using Tapatalk

Jacob Fatu

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
The new title MJF has is way brighter than last week. It's awful looking. Ospreay's promo was lit. He's right shouldn't bring families in to storylines I've never been one for that.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hangman will turn face but it won't be for a while still, elite never tell fast stories. Hangman will say no to kenny whenever he comes back n will slowly be convinced. They've always done their stories this way. They've never done nonsense or rushed alignment turns with any of their characters and there's zero indication they will now either.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it also makes 100% sense that Elite and hangman don't see eye to eye. One of Hangmans motivation for turning heel was the elite stood by and did nothing while Swerve broke into his house and jumped him on multiple occasions with his boys. Bucks were too busy crying about punk and ftr (in kayfabe)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
doesnt mean one is turning faces though

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
it also makes 100% sense that Elite and hangman don't see eye to eye. One of Hangmans motivation for turning heel was the elite stood by and did nothing while Swerve broke into his house and jumped him on multiple occasions with his boys. Bucks were too busy crying about punk and ftr (in kayfabe)
Them not seeing eye to eye does make sense. just don't think now is the time to turn hangman and feud with them. That's the worry imo

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Them not seeing eye to eye does make sense. just don't think now is the time to turn hangman and feud with them. That's the worry imo

you dont need to turn hangman to feud with them, this company allows for heels and tweeners to feud. 0% chance hangman turns into a happy go lucky babyface over night because he's feuding with the bosses. story has more layers than that

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
you dont need to turn hangman to feud with them, this company allows for heels and tweeners to feud. 0% chance hangman turns into a happy go lucky babyface over night because he's feuding with the bosses. story has more layers than that
I mean I don't think if he turned face he would go happy go lucky. My concern is him turning back to the good side too early. We will see. I still think Jarrett or Mox or Briscoe vs Page works better if not doing Page vs Swerve but Okada vs Page will be a better match overall if that makes sense.

Page vs Jarrett in Texas death tho needs to happen on TV (do it in Wales :p)

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I could see elite making page fight okada and if he loses he has to be their lackey or something. that would be a good way to extend that story for a while

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
That could work. Also happy we finally got progress on the main event. Segment got me invested in the match (still not as invested in another possible match) and gives a story to the feud. Danielson is now obviously winning but that's fine. Predictable doesn't mean bad