AEW Double or Nothing - May 26, 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do think they'll do mjf wardog as tweeners followed by wardlow vs mjf or vice versa tho

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'd argue ur beating a dead horse n they've never been important since mjf was not there n Cole stayed injured. Also no group is going to be booked stronger than the elite as that would not fit the current world meta. That faction is dead once mjf beats Cole imo
It’s weird how much you guys continue to prove my point, but then act like I’m crazy lol

If you think that the group is going to be dead after one more angle, then why would I not be upset that my favorite thing currently in the company is being killed off?

Also, I don’t think it works like that. If Tony cared about the group, it could easily survive putting over a MJF.

They also don’t have to be booked stronger than elite. Roddy could’ve just had more defenses of the international title and OJK could’ve actually appeared on television and just won tag matches. It doesn’t take much. To look like a credible threat. MJF comes back. He has a struggle is pursuit of Adam Cole, and then he finally vanquishes Adam Cole. But then they regroup and they target someone new. Just like the bang bang gang isn’t going to die when they lose their trios belts.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
JQ2la1e.png

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It’s weird how much you guys continue to prove my point, but then act like I’m crazy lol

If you think that the group is going to be dead after one more angle, then why would I not be upset that my favorite thing currently in the company is being killed off?

Also, I don’t think it works like that. If Tony cared about the group, it could easily survive putting over a MJF.

They also don’t have to be booked stronger than elite. Roddy could’ve just had more defenses of the international title and OJK could’ve actually appeared on television and just won tag matches. It doesn’t take much. To look like a credible threat. MJF comes back. He has a struggle is pursuit of Adam Cole, and then he finally vanquishes Adam Cole. But then they regroup and they target someone new. Just like the bang bang gang isn’t going to die when they lose their trios belts.
UK is your favorite thing?

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
If the group had been booked better from the start, yeah it could survive MJF. I think my view on it is the damage has been done. Yes the Cole injury hurt them but there is stuff you could have done and booked them better earlier to fix a lot. A lot of issues with Bang Bang Gang vs Acclaimed feud could be fixed by JUST DOING THE SUPER TEAM vs Undisputed Kingdom thing that was teased and why they formed as a "super group". You could still get to the trios unification after the Undisputed Kingdom win plus Strong could win the International title on TV during it. Cole going down sucked for them booking wise but Tony could have booked this group better.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
UK is your favorite thing?
Yes. The original undisputed era was one of my favorite things in NXT. I also really loved the kingdom in Ring of Honor. Putting those two things together it was just awesome if they had just done some thing with it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I've just accepted it wasn't gonna be the dominant group it was originally planned and made my peace months ago. Roddy losing to Ospreay doesn't hurt then further imo, I'm more wondering what the point of roh belts are anymore but that's another discussion.

They have mjf to deal with now so at least they won't be rudderless. Roddy got a sidequest reign like the pro he is. It's a shame the rest of the timing was off but I'm over it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yes. The original undisputed era was one of my favorite things in NXT. I also really loved the kingdom in Ring of Honor. Putting those two things together it was just awesome if they had just done some thing with it.
Fair enough. I loved UE. I’m a big Adam Cole fan so that makes sense. Like I said earlier, I think they were just doomed for failure because of the initial storyline.

And it’s hard because Champions or not, we’ve never really been given a reason to care about Bennett or Taven.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If the group had been booked better from the start, yeah it could survive MJF. I think my view on it is the damage has been done. Yes the Cole injury hurt them but there is stuff you could have done and booked them better earlier to fix a lot. A lot of issues with Bang Bang Gang vs Acclaimed feud could be fixed by JUST DOING THE SUPER TEAM vs Undisputed Kingdom thing that was teased and why they formed as a "super group". You could still get to the trios unification after the Undisputed Kingdom win plus Strong could win the International title on TV during it. Cole going down sucked for them booking wise but Tony could have booked this group better.
See I think we’re agreeing but just in different ways. The only difference is you don’t seem to be upset by it but I am but that’s my point. Roddy being the international champion was like the last pin but that’s why I was upset not specifically because he lost the belt, but because it was at the tail end of them not being booked better. That was like the final thing they had to make them look like they were legit.

As unhappy as I currently am with how they look, Tony could easily regroup them on Dynamite this week and have them give MJF a struggle but that just has to be something Tony wants to do.

If we stick to the timetable that you provided at all in that’s three months to make this group look legit again. To the point where they could survive, putting over MJF. Most heel factions don’t die when they put over their first babyface adversary.

And I completely agree with you about the bang bang gang. The fact that they got started and then just went absolutely nowhere infuriates me.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
See I think we’re agreeing but just in different ways. The only difference is you don’t seem to be upset by it but I am but that’s my point. Roddy being the international champion was like the last pin but that’s why I was upset not specifically because he lost the belt, but because it was at the tail end of them not being booked better. That was like the final thing they had to make them look like they were legit.

As unhappy as I currently am with how they look, Tony could easily regroup them on Dynamite this week and have them give MJF a struggle but that just has to be something Tony wants to do.

If we stick to the timetable that you provided at all in that’s three months to make this group look legit again. To the point where they could survive, putting over MJF. Most heel factions don’t die when they put over their first babyface adversary.

And I completely agree with you about the bang bang gang. The fact that they got started and then just went absolutely nowhere infuriates me.

You are deffo more upset than I am. If I wasn't enjoying the shows for the most part, I would be upset but I'm more "Well that could be a lot better and sucks that it wasn't" thing rather than a "I think this act sucks" thing. I also kind of think the damage is done and with another top heel faction on the show plus MJF getting an AEW tattoo (which is weird, don't tattoo a company's name on you) I would rather he feud with other people atm. Tony's booking of them has killed my interest as a feud. Now if you do Strong vs MJF during the Owen? I'm into that

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Just adding Jack Perry stuff one best things going in AEW and this maybe the first time I ever enjoyed Young Bucks

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've just accepted it wasn't gonna be the dominant group it was originally planned and made my peace months ago. Roddy losing to Ospreay doesn't hurt then further imo, I'm more wondering what the point of roh belts are anymore but that's another discussion.

They have mjf to deal with now so at least they won't be rudderless. Roddy got a sidequest reign like the pro he is. It's a shame the rest of the timing was off but I'm over it
As the thing that drew me back in and made me like really passion about AEW again last year when I was maybe losing interest in it, don’t think I’ll be able to make my peace with it. I mean I have made my peace they’re not going to be the top group in the company, even though in the beginning they had a potential to be but all I’m asking for this point is to be used. Like I said, you can look at the cagematch and OGK has been used since April like just book them. Yeah that does make the ROH belts seem silly.

At this point, I would just be happy with them just being in rotation, between four singles titles, and both a tag and trios belt, there’s no reason this group can’t occasionally be in the hunt for something meaningful and then when they’re not doing some thing for a Title with four members of the group 5 currently with Wardlow and a lot of other factions, they can always be doing something of substance.

That’s just the main thing I want is just them to be doing some thing being booked in Tag Team matches and or trios matches both on television and then some point on a pay-per-view cause I don’t even think they’ve done a faction match on pay-per-view yet.

Now I am looking forward to seeing what they potentially do with a MJF. This is how this entire conversation started today because some people thought that they were just gonna brush this angle off altogether after that beat down and that would definitely make me sad.

If that doesn’t happen and we get a legit angle between UK and MJF, for at least a couple months, that would pretty cool, and that would get me through.

I don’t want it to end though with them putting over MJF. If it’s built properly, they can put over MJF and then they can move onto either feud with the big bang bang gang or whoever next.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler