AEW Double or Nothing 2023 Media Scrum notes *SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
khan.webp

Bryan Danielson, MJF, Tony Khan, and more spoke out on various subjects following the conclusion of Saturday’s AEW Double or Nothing.

MJF
  • MJF mentioned that he felt that the World title main evening shows was a “dead idea,” saying that both WWE and AEW have had shows where the World title didn’t headline.
  • When Forbidden Door was mentioned, MJF asked if he even had to wrestle on the show, calling the promotion “a f******* indy fed” and that their greatest legend couldn’t tie his boots. He said The Great-O-Khan, however, “pops him”.
  • After mentioning Triple H and Nick Khan by name, MJF brought up that he was “bored” of wrestling and when he means pro wrestling, he means the entire industry, and he may be done, go home, and "f*** up the lineage of this title".
Kris Stantlander
  • Dave Meltzer asked a question about her recovery. Statlander said that her 6-8 month recovery went about as expected, but had self-doubt during it.
  • When asked about going from 0-100 in terms of recovery and winning a championship on her first night back, Statlander said she wouldn’t have done it if she wasn’t prepared.
  • She said at first she had hoped that the knee injury was just a hyperextension. She said that she cried when she learned it was another ACL tear.
  • Regarding a future rematch with Jade Cargill, Statlander said she was up for it, and that if Cargill wanted to take some time off, that was fine too.
Orange Cassidy
  • Cassidy said he really didn’t take any pride in his reign. All he wanted to do was to beat PAC. He didn’t know what to do with the belt, so he just made it what he wanted it to be.
  • When asked about Forbidden Door, he brought up Zack Sabre Jr. as a potential opponent.
  • Someone asked if Cassidy considers himself one of the best wrestlers in the world. He said no, not even close.
Toni Storm
  • When Storm’s interim title reign was brought up, she called the interim title “bulls***”.
  • Dave Meltzer asked if Mercedes Mone was someone she may be interested in teaming up with or facing against. Storm said she’d break her other knee and wasn’t sure if she was Outcast material.
Bryan Danielson
  • Dave Meltzer asked about the death of UK promoter Brian Dixon. Danielson said he enjoyed his time working in the UK with him in 2003.
  • He said that he is thankful AEW put Wheeler Yuta in the position that he’s in, saying that you wouldn’t see something like that anywhere else.
  • Nigel McGuiness is brought up, with Danielson being asked about All In and if McGuiness would be a possible opponent. Danielson said that McGuiness should keep his mouth shut because McGuiness no longer has the physical ability to keep up with him. He doesn't have the same intesnsity as he had in 2006.
  • When asked if Konosuke Takeshita is part of the Blackpool Combat Club, Danielson said he had no idea Takeshita would be there in the main event.
Tony Khan
  • When asked about how All In and All Out would work since they air a week apart, Khan said those were great questions, but he couldn’t answer them right now. He did affirm that All In would air live for everyone to watch.
  • Khan mentioned that last year, AEW was usually in the top or second position in the ratings, and thinks they have a chance of climbing up in the rankings this summer as well.
  • One person asks the question if CM Punk will appear on the first episode of Collision. Khan said he couldn’t answer that.
  • Bryan Alvarez asked about Khan's thought process behind putting the Anarchy in the Arena match last. Khan mentioned he puts a lot of thought into match order and brought up that he had put Stadium Stampede matches in the main event previously.
  • Regarding All In ticket sales, Tony Khan said the current number was around 65,000 and the gate was around $8 million.
  • During discussion on the Owen Hart Cup, Khan mentioned Jushin Thunder Liger being a name that could appear, saying he was optimistic that could happen.
  • When asked about a potential fanfest during Double or Nothing week, Tony Khan quipped “I guess a partnership with the UFC is out.”
  • Goldberg’s name was brought up, with Khan mentioning that he had spoken to Goldberg recently. However, he said that was not unusual as he has talked to him many times before and have mutual friends.
  • Khan said he would be up for a second season of All Access, but he hasn’t been told if they would get another season.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
  • During discussion on the Owen Hart Cup, Khan mentioned Jushin Thunder Liger being a name that could appear, saying he was optimistic that could happen.

wtf lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I assume he just meant as like a presenter or something lol but that caught my eye too

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I assume he just meant as like a presenter or something lol but that caught my eye too
same I think he like forever retired but its still awesome, love that guy

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Watching it live that’s the feeling I got