AEW Dark: Elevation October 17, 2022 - Emi Sakura and Serena Deeb vs Madison Rayne and Skye Blue

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The disrespect

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Did the Big Rig lmao

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Zorp101

Appreciator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Sports Team
ap3ueFu
Screenshot_20221017_174928_com.vanced.android.youtube_edit_217678800585534.jpg

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah its her finisher/signature

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
@Freddy IV they taped more before the Rampage show so there will def be a Dark this week, probably at the usual time tomorrow I'd guess but maybe earlier if it's a long one lol they could just air it Wednesday too tbh

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Zorp101

Appreciator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Sports Team
ap3ueFu
Yeah its her finisher/signature
Finisher, signature, and she also uses a double underhook Backbreaker, but my point was that emi has had Skye in that double underhook position SO many times. Me and Chris noticed it a few weeks ago.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Finisher, signature, and she also uses a double underhook Backbreaker, but my point was that emi has had Skye in that double underhook position SO many times. Me and Chris noticed it a few weeks ago.
I wonder if Emi is training her personally on the side. they certainly have had a ton of matches with a ton of different partners

Zorp101

Appreciator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Sports Team
ap3ueFu
I wonder if Emi is training her personally on the side. they certainly have had a ton of matches with a ton of different partners
I don't believe so, I think emi said in America she wants to try and get a run for herself/focus on herself since she already tutors a lot of women in Japan, I believe that's what she said anyway. If she has been tutoring Skye then I gotta say it hasn't been looking good, I don't think she's improved since joining the company and she doesn't have much charisma. I was happy to see Toronto give deep and emi the respect they deserve as ring generals, big reactions for them both!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
can't say I really agree as I think Skye is slowly getting better everywhere and out promo'd Anna last week (small feat) but to each his own.

Zorp101

Appreciator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Sports Team
ap3ueFu
can't say I really agree as I think Skye is slowly getting better everywhere and out promo'd Anna last week (small feat) but to each his own.
I respect your opinion but I don't see it, maybe she has been getting marginally better in the ring but I don't know, to me her strikes are weak and if she's going to play that come from behind underdog she's gotta work on those you know? Also what's with the forearms instead of punches? Feels like more and more people are doing that. We need Double J to get in there and show them how to throw a punch haha

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean to me she's 23 and a lower card act so i dont expect much more than slow incremental progress. I only think her slow progress is a problem if she's going to be pushed which doesnt seem to be the case. I think she's a fine project just a slow process, much like Julia

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
As an anecdote people thought bunny n penelope both were bad until one day they werent but it took a looooot of tv matches n they both had more xp than Blue

Zorp101

Appreciator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Sports Team
ap3ueFu
As an anecdote people thought bunny n penelope both were bad until one day they werent but it took a looooot of tv matches n they both had more xp than Blue
Well other than that fantastic hardcore tag match, I don't think bunny and Penelope are good, I think they are a step above Skye and can be depended on to have serviceable and safe matches, but they have been Wrestling for so long now that I don't think there's much room for those two to grow. You are right, Skye is the better long term prospect and it makes sense to slowly build her up, but eventually she has to get on the main shows and start a feud, but the womens booking in AEW is not their strong suit at all. Even the tippy top women are getting injustice with their booking. I just hope they improve the womens division treatment all round and then I bet the women would progress better too