AEW Collision/WBD upfronts MegaThread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Fightful Select: Punk told no Ace Steel, WBD cameras documenting CM Punk’s return, no changes in plans for Punk after he was informed Ace is banned for life. Impact interested in Ace Steel for whatever reason, but the belief he’s bound somewhere else. CM Punk vs Samoa Joe, which would be the 4th match in their legendary feud, match graphics made. Full report from Fightful Select(SRS):

CM Punk is the talk of AEW’s backstage yet again, and it involves Ace Steel.

For the past couple of months, AEW and CM Punk have been working towards a return for Punk on the AEW Collision brand. This has extended all the way to WBD, AEW and TNT having promotional materials made for the show involving Punk, including a Samoa Joe match graphic.

Fightful has learned that during the meeting between CM Punk and Chris Jericho, that Jericho mentioned the possibility of Ace Steel returning to the company in some capacity, with the belief that people working together in harmony could alleviate some tensions and show that everyone was willing to do business.

Fightful was told that there was a meeting this week between AEW and Punk, and it was extended to Punk that Steel would have the ability to be with the company and work directly with Punk. However, it was made clear that Ace Steel would not be able to be at AEW television. We haven’t learned specifically how Punk reacted to this, outside of him not being in agreement with it.

We have not been told if this is tied to Punk not being featured on the WBD materials or the statement they made about him not being associated with the brand, though it was noted to us that . There were plans for an AEW camera crew to film materials at CM Punk’s home on Wednesday, but we’ve not been told if that actually happened.

As of now, we have not been told a change in plans for CM Punk.

PWInsider reported that IMPACT was interested in bringing in Ace Steel in recent weeks, but he passed, leading to their belief that he was AEW or WWE bound.”

Impact totes just shooting their shot. :hayden3

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
looks very similar to what they had already reported (they being fightful) . I am still not getting the sense or any real reports Punk is holding up the show or anything like that however?

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
looks very similar to what they had already reported (they being fightful) . I am still not getting the sense or any real reports Punk is holding up the show or anything like that however?
Not from I could see. Seems like he wanted Ace, said only from home, wasn’t pleased, but otherwise plans to be at Collision.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Not from I could see. Seems like he wanted Ace, said only from home, wasn’t pleased, but otherwise plans to be at Collision.
yeah if thats the actually story its such a non story lol (well outside Ace even being offered) but like he disagreed but ultimately who gives a shit lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Makes sense bc he was helping with SmackDown creative before he left WWE. Although funnily he's said that like everything people tried to credit to him were never anything he had to do with

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I don't think there's any new info here whatsoever but this is basically what the Observer had to say this week on the situation. More or less commenting on or confirming previous PWInsider and Fightful reports tho

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Considering the price of collision tix in toronto, punk better b there. Same as fd2 prices, its pretty outrageous ngl lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
We did get decent tix tho, dead center 1st row blacony on the 200 lvl

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My buddy and I were seriously planning on going to All Out in Chicago to see Punk so he better show at Collision.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Makes sense bc he was helping with SmackDown creative before he left WWE. Although funnily he's said that like everything people tried to credit to him were never anything he had to do with
Seems like something he'd lie about tho tbh

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Seems like something he'd lie about tho tbh

url

Nah but I actually think he was genuine, seemed like he just wanted credit to go to the people that did it lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
AEW is considering a backup location for the debut edition of Collision next month.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida is being considered as a backup location. AEW had originally set to launch the show at the United Center in Chicago on June 17, but plans are currently up in the air due to a dispute between Punk and AEW.

Meltzer writes:

AEW has had contact with Daily's Place as a possible back-up location for the debut of Collision on 6/17. This is not an official change, but it does appear that the CM Punk situation has until Wednesday to go whichever way it goes and if he's not appearing then they won't go to the United Center. People involved with the proposed event said they were told yesterday about the show being possible and that a decision would be made over the next week.
The feeling is, and I agree with this, that the United Center is not the right place for the debut unless Punk is going to be there because fans will expect him and be disappointed if he's not there, whether he's advertised or not. Also, without fans believing he will be there, I don't see them being able to sell enough tickets on such short notice that it would be worth it since they already have a show a few days later at the Wintrust Arena.
Meltzer reported in this week’s Observer Newsletter that Punk was under the impression that Ace Steel would return to AEW as a producer for the new Collision television program. The conflict between Punk and AEW emerged when Tony Khan told Punk that Steel could work with Punk, but would have to work remotely.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The backup is the arena AEW's owner already manages. I think Dave is getting played

• Haha

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The backup is the arena AEW's owner already manages. I think Dave is getting played

The quote I think is slightly inaccurate or maybe doesn't include everything (but it's not like I'm listening back to check) bc he said something of the sort like or implying that he'd heard this from Daily's workers like it was a "prep for a possible event" thing. It's also not written as that article says but was just said on Radio too so you know how that stuff goes lol