• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AEW All Out - Live on PPV Sunday September 5, 2021 in Chicago, Illinois

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
My philosophy is always the more variety you can offer, the better. Especially if you're a major company that wants to appeal to as many people as possible. AEW could easily stack this card with 8-10 matches that are all going to tear the house down, but I think something like Wight vs. QT will provide as a nice bit of schtick to break up the action a little.

Oh I don't disagree, it's just not something I'm to personally excited for right now. Maybe they can have me at least caring a little by All Out, but I don't like QT that much. But it will be nice to have a match that will allow me to relax and calm down, maybe even take a smoke break during.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
2q8mikt41ri71.png

maxresdefault.jpg
Also Announced:
  • Kenny Omega defends the AEW World Championship against Impact World Champion Christian Cage
  • Paul Wight vs QT Marshall
For once I can honestly say these two matches alone is already worth the $50. :trips8

Even if I wasn't already gonna buy it just because Khan brought back Punk.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Source: f4wonline.com

Due to what Dave Meltzer described as "a minor political timing snag," Jon Moxley will not be facing Hiroshi Tanahashi at next month's AEW All Out.

It was believed the reigning IWGP U.S. Champion was the front-runner to face the former AEW and IWGP U.S. titleholder after Moxley had talked to Tony Khan about an idea to face a top New Japan wrestler at the pay-per-view followed by a promo Moxley cut on Tanahashi on a late-July Dynamite.

However, Tanahashi was booked to defend against Kota Ibushi at Wrestle Grand Slam in Tokyo on September 4th. While it would be possible for him to fly to Chicago for the AEW event the next day, Meltzer reported in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter that some other factors are at play.

"The reason Jon Moxley went hard on Hiroshi Tanahashi in his promo a few weeks ago and never mentioned his name in this week’s promo while mentioning a ton of other names is because the match was supposed to be imminent and that is no longer the case. Basically, things changed from the New Japan side and the match will probably happen but not just yet. Most likely, the idea would be for a Moxley win and right now New Japan didn’t want Tanahashi to lose based on whatever it is they have planned for the U.S. title," he wrote.

It's unknown what the plan is for Moxley at All Out at this point.
Damn, that's a shame. I don't normally get excited for Jon's matches, but seeing Tanahashi on AEW PPV would have been cool.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I'm hoping they still pull out something good for Moxley. He wanted an NJPW guy and we know Ishii (I think), Suzuki, and Jay White are all in the states. I'd love all of them.

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
PAC/Andrade is a great showcase of talent where its crazy that its on the midcard and will be better then every summerslam match. This will be the showstopper in All out