AEW All Out General Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
image0.jpg

PAC VS OMEGA AT ALL OUT! LET"S F****** GO!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
image0.jpg

PAC VS OMEGA AT ALL OUT! LET"S F****** GO!

... I went from dissapointed to hyped again like that. THE BASTARD IS BACK!

And you know what? Give Moxley and Omega a TV main event to put on a PPV calliber match when he is healed. Pop that rating, make up a match, and now we have TWO awesome Kenny matches.

FUCK YEAH!

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I’m just a bit dissapointed they didn’t introduce a mid-card title and on this ppv determine who is the holder. They’ve got some great mid-card wrestlers, and their matches are good, but it’s not the same without the gold to fight for.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I’m just a bit dissapointed they didn’t introduce a mid-card title and on this ppv determine who is the holder. They’ve got some great mid-card wrestlers, and their matches are good, but it’s not the same without the gold to fight for.
You gotta do things like that slowly. Once their TV show starts getting off I can see a TV title or such

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

I feel as though it is best to establish the three main belts first for each of their divisions. World, Tag, and Women's. I say let those have champs and get some prestige before getting a mid-card title in.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
You gotta do things like that slowly. Once their TV show starts getting off I can see a TV title or such
You’re technically right but why wait when they already have a larger fanbase than Impact and ROH. Impact doesn’t even have a tv deal but they have a mid-card title.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
You’re technically right but why wait when they already have a larger fanbase than Impact and ROH. Impact doesn’t even have a tv deal but they have a mid-card title.

Because Impact has been around for over a decade and from its start, it already had an established title in the NWA title? AEW is literally creating a new history with its title belts and trying to establish the value of their belts. It'd be best to get the World title established first as "The Premier title" that everyone is gunning for before getting a Mid-card title. I think we'll see one come next year. Fanbase does not equal the number of titles. In that case, WWE should be removing some titles for how they are losing fans. AEW from the start mentioned they want to have a controlled amount of titles so that they all mean something and have value. Other than their World, tag, and women's titles, I can see them having a mid-card title and maybe a Cruiserweight/Jr heavyweight title at most right now.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Fanbase does not equal the number of titles. In that case, WWE should be removing some titles for how they are losing fans.
WWE has the largest fanbase in the wrestling world. And not only that, they are basically bigger and more well-known than the sport of pro wrestling itself.
AEW is literally creating a new history with its title belts and trying to establish the value of their belts.
That can also be done with having mid-card champions who have very long reigns. On the other hand, if the ALL of the mid-card wrestlers aim for the world title and never win it, that would cause 2 things:
a) In the long run it will make them look bad or even jobbers, especially the ones who don’t even win tag titles.
b) World title will start to lose it’s prestige since the entire male roster except the tag team division is going after it, or planning to. No matter if they win it or not, they will be in matches for it, which isn’t good for it’s prestige and tradition at all.

AEW from the start mentioned they want to have a controlled amount of titles so that they all mean something and have value.
4 belts goes in to the category of small amount. By one perspective, it should be the LEAST amount a promotion should have.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I really can't add what Beavie has already said, but if you think fanbase equals number of Championship Belts then that is the wrong way of thinking. There is a promotion in Japan, whose name slipped my mind, that has a pretty good size fanbase, their shows average 600 and 1,000 on big shows, and they have been around for 4 years and only have two belts. A main one and a tag one and that is it. Also, having too many belts all at once can be devaluing in a manner of speaking. They, AEW, want to establish a world champion to set up a story and such, tag belts because outside of Japan Tag team wrestling isn't shit really, and Women's because logic. I think three titles is fine and if they add a mid-card one assuming AEW stays around for a good while, then that is fine as well.
WWE has the largest fanbase in the wrestling world. And not only that, they are basically bigger and more well-known than the sport of pro wrestling itself.
Saying a company is bigger than the sport or "entertainment" as WWE puts it is more well-known then is the product make zero sense.
That can also be done with having mid-card champions who have very long reigns. On the other hand, if the ALL of the mid-card wrestlers aim for the world title and never win it, that would cause 2 things:
a) In the long run it will make them look bad or even jobbers, especially the ones who don’t even win tag titles.
b) World title will start to lose it’s prestige since the entire male roster except the tag team division is going after it, or planning to. No matter if they win it or not, they will be in matches for it, which isn’t good for it’s prestige and tradition at all.
Wrestling fans now hate champions having long reigns just look at WWE in the past couple of years to now. People wanted Kofi as champion and then a month later they want him to drop the title. To your points, a mid-card guy not having a long run is ideal as it would build their character and not make them look bad or even make become jobbers because it shows they aren't there yet and thus builds a story of them winning the main belt and also not everyone should be a main champion. The World Title will only lose prestige due to bad booking or having the wrong champions, which would include some mid-card guys, Also, thinking everybody will after the main title, while being the only one there for singles, is a very WWE style of thinking. Not everything has to be about a title it just has to tell a good story and that is all some want to do. I mean, Lucha Bros v Young Bucks isn't about the AAA title as much as it is proving which set of brothers are the better tag team and such... the title is just a reward for ending the story in a manner of speaking.
4 belts goes into the category of small amount. By one perspective, it should be the LEAST amount a promotion should have.
If AEW or any company wants to have just a main title and tag title then that is fine, or even a women's title, because if you keep adding more it begins devaluing every title. I mean, WWE has two main titles, two mid-card titles, three tag titles, and two women's titles that is too many in my opinion and devalues the belts themselves. If they had one main belt, one tag belt, one mid-card belt or even keep it at two, one tag, which means no more women's tag, and one women's title then they can all be valued and respected. Wrestling fans today want everyone to win a title and the truth is they shouldn't as it again devalues it kind of like the whole everyone gets a trophy mentality has ruined competitiveness in sports and such.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Saying a company is bigger than the sport or "entertainment" as WWE puts it is more well-known then is the product make zero sense.
It’s basically a fact that non-wrestling fans always reffer to this sport/entertainment as ‘WWE’. They have been bigger, more popular and more well known than the actual industry for probably almost two decades now. I don’t like it one bit but that’s how it is.
Also, having too many belts all at once can be devaluing in a manner of speaking.
It’s in no way too many belts if we are speaking about 4. That’s literally a belt per every category of wrestlers. I don’t find it interesting to watch a group of wrestlers in the ring without anything to fight nor yearn for. It just ends seeming meaningless and neglecting towards one part of the roster
There is a promotion in Japan, whose name slipped my mind, that has a pretty good size fanbase, their shows average 600 and 1,000 on big shows, and they have been around for 4 years and only have two belts. A main one and a tag one and that is it.
Us Europeans and North Americans have very different expectations from a wrestling promotion than people in Japan. Thus everything is different over there, just look at how different from each other NJPW and WWE are. What works somewhere doesn’t need to work everywhere.
If AEW or any company wants to have just a main title and tag title then that is fine, or even a women's title, because if you keep adding more it begins devaluing every title. I mean, WWE has two main titles, two mid-card titles, three tag titles, and two women's
One more title wouldn’t kill the prestige of anything, the exact opposite, it would make the mid-card division more competitive and interesting. The only thing having 3 titles is doing, is killing the prestige of mid-card division.
WWE is a very different story. Only few of their titles have real value because they have to keep introducing new ones over and over again because they have a shitload of people watching them, and they seem to want more titles. Maybe not me and you, but the majority thinks in that manner.

Also, thinking everybody will after the main title, while being the only one there for singles, is a very WWE style of thinking.
Obviously not everyone on the roster but the vast majority. And by aiming towards the title I don’t mean win it in every case, sometimes wrestlers should be solely presented like going after it. One title for each category(4) and that’s perfectly enough. With a title less half of the matches in that category usually seem like some kind of a friendly football game with an ending result 1:1 that no-one should give a fuck about.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I really can't add what Beavie has already said, but if you think fanbase equals number of Championship Belts then that is the wrong way of thinking. There is a promotion in Japan, whose name slipped my mind, that has a pretty good size fanbase, their shows average 600 and 1,000 on big shows, and they have been around for 4 years and only have two belts. A main one and a tag one and that is it. Also, having too many belts all at once can be devaluing in a manner of speaking. They, AEW, want to establish a world champion to set up a story and such, tag belts because outside of Japan Tag team wrestling isn't shit really, and Women's because logic. I think three titles is fine and if they add a mid-card one assuming AEW stays around for a good while, then that is fine as well.

Wrestling fans now hate champions having long reigns just look at WWE in the past couple of years to now. People wanted Kofi as champion and then a month later they want him to drop the title. To your points, a mid-card guy not having a long run is ideal as it would build their character and not make them look bad or even make become jobbers because it shows they aren't there yet and thus builds a story of them winning the main belt and also not everyone should be a main champion. The World Title will only lose prestige due to bad booking or having the wrong champions, which would include some mid-card guys, Also, thinking everybody will after the main title, while being the only one there for singles, is a very WWE style of thinking. Not everything has to be about a title it just has to tell a good story and that is all some want to do. I mean, Lucha Bros v Young Bucks isn't about the AAA title as much as it is proving which set of brothers are the better tag team and such... the title is just a reward for ending the story in a manner of speaking.

If AEW or any company wants to have just a main title and tag title then that is fine, or even a women's title, because if you keep adding more it begins devaluing every title. I mean, WWE has two main titles, two mid-card titles, three tag titles, and two women's titles that is too many in my opinion and devalues the belts themselves. If they had one main belt, one tag belt, one mid-card belt or even keep it at two, one tag, which means no more women's tag, and one women's title then they can all be valued and respected. Wrestling fans today want everyone to win a title and the truth is they shouldn't as it again devalues it kind of like the whole everyone gets a trophy mentality has ruined competitiveness in sports and such.

Holy shit. Your font is hard to focus on and read