AEW All Out 2022: September 4th Live from Chicago

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Stokely and MJF together are going to be gold but when it comes to the rest of his stable, he really was better off with the Pinacle.

I was quite surprised to see the reaction at the end of the tag team championship match. Were people that disappointed that the acclaimed lost or did I miss something about Lee/Swerve?

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Stokely and MJF together are going to be gold but when it comes to the rest of his stable, he really was better off with the Pinacle.

I was quite surprised to see the reaction at the end of the tag team championship match. Were people that disappointed that the acclaimed lost or did I miss something about Lee/Swerve?
Disappointed because The Acclaimed are hot right now and should have won the tag belts

Reactions: Y2Jayne

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Disappointed because The Acclaimed are hot right now and should have won the tag belts
Lee doing the scissors thing and people not giving a shit was awkward as hell.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Canadian Dragon said:
rumor they getting a rematch at Arthur Ash
Not getting my hopes up bc this seems identical to when Eddie lost against Miro at All Out last year and I thought this was the plan :kurtcry

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I guess maybe they didn’t wanna change the original plan, as they didn’t know the crowd would be that hot for them (tho you can argue they definitely should’ve known, and should have been the original plan all along) so the rematch if it happens, could very well be to make up for it and give them the belts.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I'm not a fan of legitimate title change audibles whatsoever lol the only exception would be if the champs themselves are the ones that accept it. But that being said I wanted the Acclaimed to win once the match was booked anyway :lol

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But say halfway during the match if Swerve and Lee woulda been the ones that made the call and just said they'd apologize to Tony after it would have both been awesome and hilarious bc Tony would have much bigger problems to worry about as we now know :lol

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
But say halfway during the match if Swerve and Lee woulda been the ones that made the call and just said they'd apologize to Tony after it would have both been awesome and hilarious bc Tony would have much bigger problems to worry about as we now know :lol
That’s happened a few times right? Where the crowd was red hot for whoever was losing and the other party is like “fuck it, you’re going over this crowd loves you, I’ll take the heat for it.”

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Blaze said:
That’s happened a few times right? Where the crowd was red hot for whoever was losing and the other party is like “fuck it, you’re going over this crowd loves you, I’ll take the heat for it.”
I'm sure but I'd be willing to bet never on PPV for a championship and probably very rarely on any televised show lol seems like a house show move

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I almost feel as if I read something about it before, and Jericho was involved(not talking about the Pac/Neville thing either) but idk.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
According to Dave Meltzer in this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the total pay-per-view buy estimate for last Sunday's AEW All Out is between 135,000 and 142,000.

Regardless of where the final number rests in that range, it marks a substantial drop from last year's event which generated 205,000 buys.

The range includes both streaming and cable/satellite, the latter of which is estimated on early returns because of the longer time period in which those linear providers take in finalizing everything. Meltzer did say the estimate is based on less information than usual.

The key difference between the two years is that WWE ran two shows during Labor Day weekend with Saturday's Clash at the Castle and Sunday's WWE NXT Worlds Collide -- a move AEW head Tony Khan took umbrage with at the post-event press conference.

All Out drew 9100 (8800 paid) and over $1 million at the gate -- the company's third-straight PPV that has hit or that dollar mark. Meltzer noted AEW became the second North American wrestling company in history to do three $1 million gates in a calendar year.

"It was about 150 to 200 tickets shy of a sellout as not all the late released tickets were sold. From a secondary market standpoint, the pricing and interest level was the best for a company show this year," he wrote.

Meltzer also offered the following:

"(The PPV number) was well below both Revolution and Double or Nothing, but it would have been considered a very good number for a show prior to last year’s All Out. The reality is the company is not as hot. WWE putting on two shows that weekend didn’t help. It broke the streak Tony Khan was so proud of where every show in AEW history has beat the same named show from the prior year.

That streak was going to be broken because there was no way this was getting near 205,000 buys which they got due to it being CM Punk’s first match back.

At the press conference, Khan noted that digital buys indicated a number above Forbidden Door and at or near Double or Nothing, and said three major shows over the weekend instead of one was part of the reason. Others with knowledge of digital numbers indicated the range is probably where it will wind up or perhaps a bit higher than that estimate.

On the flip side, this number would be lower than expected and hoped for because there was not as much interest in the show as compared to the other shows other than Forbidden Door which was going to do a smaller number overall but actually was considered a great success for the nature of the show."