AEW All Out 2022 Media Scrum and fallout Megathread *DYNAMITE SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pretentious

No frills
Reaction score
I mean I’ve gone over this to death since this page started, but no. Not necessarily appropriate, but the issues weren’t being addressed. Man just had enough of the dirt sheet rumors on top of coworkers he felt disrespected him. Like I said before everyone fucked up here, none more than Tony. He needs to reign it in.

If Hangman didn’t shoot first leading to further shoots and dirt sheet gossip, this presser never happens.

I haven't read the full thread but you responded directly to me so apologies if this has you retreading old ground.

I disagree though, I really don't think Hangman "fucked up". His comment in that promo was so tame, I honestly don't see how anyone could really say it was over the line. Punk clearly had a problem with it, but tbh that to me feels like a Punk issue, not a Hangman one. From that point, Punk has handled this embarrassingly.

Reactions: Keith

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I haven't read the full thread but you responded directly to me so apologies if this has you retreading old ground.

I disagree though, I really don't think Hangman "fucked up". His comment in that promo was so tame, I honestly don't see how anyone could really say it was over the line. Punk clearly had a problem with it, but tbh that to me feels like a Punk issue, not a Hangman one. From that point, Punk has handled this embarrassingly.

Tame or not, you don’t go into business for yourself.

Like, I also said. It’s not the one comment. It complied many other things with it over the next two months.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm fine with saying Hangman started it as long as we all agree he's no longer involved at this point :lol

because Punk hijacking his own big return segment to call out Hangman and then call him a coward because Hangman rightfully didn't come out when he wasn't supposed to was punishment enough lmao thank God Moxley came out and saved that one bc it was one of the most awkward and confusing openings to Dynamite in history when we were all happy Punk was back to start with

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm fine with saying Hangman started it as long as we all agree he's no longer involved at this point :lol

because Punk hijacking his own big return segment to call out Hangman and then call him a coward because Hangman rightfully didn't come out when he wasn't supposed to was punishment enough lmao thank God Moxley came out and saved that one bc it was one of the most awkward and confusing openings to Dynamite in history when we were all happy Punk was back to start with

Of course. He had nothing to do with the actual fight.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Only the people in the room should be suspended. And as far as I know Tony suspended them all indiscriminately.

Pretentious

No frills
Reaction score
Tame or not, you don’t go into business for yourself.

Like, I also said. It’s not the one comment. It complied many other things with it over the next two months.

But where is the line for "going into business for yourself" and having a heated, emotional promo to build to a fight? MJF made much more transparent references to the Cabana situation imo (because I actually caught it as a reference to Cabana when I watched live) but that was okay?

The other things you mention as far as I'm aware aren't relevant to Page are they? I am not talking about all Punk's headcanon reasons for kicking off, I suppose what I'm trying to say is that "everyone is in the wrong" does not do the situation justice as when you look at how individuals have conducted themselves based on what we have seen on television (and the presser), there are levels to it.

I know none of this should really matter in relation to enjoying the product too, but tbh I am going to struggle to enjoy CM Punk the character after seeing all this with how he is in real life. I can say that I don't feel that way with Page.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But where is the line for "going into business for yourself" and having a heated, emotional promo to build to a fight? MJF made much more transparent references to the Cabana situation imo (because I actually caught it as a reference to Cabana when I watched live) but that was okay?

The other things you mention as far as I'm aware aren't relevant to Page are they? I am not talking about all Punk's headcanon reasons for kicking off, I suppose what I'm trying to say is that "everyone is in the wrong" does not do the situation justice as when you look at how individuals have conducted themselves based on what we have seen on television (and the presser), there are levels to it.

I know none of this should really matter in relation to enjoying the product too, but tbh I am going to struggle to enjoy CM Punk the character after seeing all this with how he is in real life. I can say that I don't feel that way with Page.

I can’t speak on what MJF was allowed to say or not. We just know Hangman made comments he didn’t clear.

And yeah, they do because some of it had to do with rumors about him and others were from boys being loyal to him whomever it was. Everything is connected. You can’t remove one piece and not have it affect everything.

I’m not saying Hangman is to blame for everything nor should he be suspended. He didn’t make those grown men fight. I’m just saying Tony needs to get his sloppy shop in order before his whole house comes down next.

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Everyone is wrong is the approach I’m going with because even if Punk did the most, he doesn’t do ANYTHING without Hangman shooting first, someone leaking gossip to the dirts, and the Bucks confronting him. It was a reaction to stuff coming at him first.

Punk still handled it wrong and should be punished, but I’m not a fan of trying to skirt responsibility from people that played a part in the pressure cooker that got us here.

Mainly Tony.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I thought this was a Poyser post and got confused when he switched sides
Can’t keep my name out yo mouth smh

you love having me in these wrestling threads

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Can’t keep my name out yo mouth smh

you love having me in these wrestling threads

I popped seeing you talk wrestling. No cap.

Reactions: Keith and Poyser

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Then don't call people out and challenge them to come your locker room to speak to you :draper2

Maybe but I just find the instant backtracking of his words from not 10 minutes early. I also don't buy the young bucks kicking a door down
Do you just buy the things that back up your own opinion? :bosque

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Again if the Bucks had property damage. surely it would have come out by now? Cause that is a lot more serious than being an aggressor?
Kicking the door down isn’t always meant literally tho lol, sometimes it’s just kicking it open like the cops and shit do. People still describe it as “kicking the door down”

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Also AEW missing a huge trick by not having them on TV Wednesday, and especially by letting people know that ahead of time!
Dynamite now becomes extremely skippable

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
F4845472-7388-4C96-81AF-5284AB519074.jpeg

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Ngl I’d mark for Punk turning up on RAW with the belt and throwing it in the trash

Reactions: Keith