AEW All Out 2022 Media Scrum and fallout Megathread *DYNAMITE SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Kota and KENTA still going to come in and save the save day

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The main conclusion has been both sides were wrong. Punk the most wrong, but Bucks aren’t innocent either with how they handled some things. Ace needs to be fired, and Kenny is a good bean.

I wouldn’t even say anyone is the most wrong with more and more coming out in Punk’s favor and the real story probably gonna be in the middle. They’re just all idiots.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wouldn’t even say anyone is the most wrong with more and more coming out in Punk’s favor and the real story probably gonna be in the middle. They’re just all idiots.
I still think Punk should’ve probably just gone and talked to Hanger about his beef with him. Like they all talked like adults to start with, none of this happens.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Last edited:
Reactions: Keith

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I still think Punk should’ve probably just gone and talked to Hanger about his beef with him. Like they all talked like adults to start with, none of this happens.

Perhaps. But I don’t think that escalates to what happened here without everyone in between fucking up.

And I still stand by that Punk needed to talk to him is because Hangman shot on him to begin with. Everyone imo messed up here. If anyone is the most wrong, it’s Tony. If Tony had the balls to make sure this was handled, than absolutely none of this happens like it does.

The Buck stops with the boss.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
And I still stand by that Punk needed to talk to him is because Hangman shot on him to begin with. Everyone imo messed up here. If anyone is the most wrong, it’s Tony. If Tony had the balls to make sure this was handled, than absolutely none of this happens like it does.
Cocaine cause shrinkage so...

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Perhaps. But I don’t think that escalates to what happened here without everyone in between fucking up.

The Buck stops with the boss.
Oh yeah, Tony definitely fucked up. Rather be a friend than a boss. Don’t go to much like Vince, but you HAVE to keep the talent in line and not be their buddy all the time. Tbh I feel they all take advantage of him

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah as much as people shit on Vince for not giving his talents enough freedom (myself included) you know that people knew not to fuck around under his watch. AEW was supposed to be the company that “let’s the talents do what they want” and this is what you get for it. Now step thr fuck up and put them in their place.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am not going to read 80 pages of this because I have been working on my channel things.

CM Punk is my second favorite wrestler in the world right now, behind only Kazuchika Okada. I won't cast shade on him because of not liking him or Chicago, both things I love.

If this is not a work... than I have been wrong about CM Punk for years. And I will admit that.

I still don't know. I think AEW might be crossing the kayfabe lines, I cannot be sure. BUT if Punk leaves the company over this or the EVPs leave for real... I'll admit I was wrong. Because if Punk does this, sets down these ultimatums, then he is no better than Hulk Hogan. And that is really a horrible thing to be.

Pretentious

No frills
Reaction score
I am not going to read 80 pages of this because I have been working on my channel things.

CM Punk is my second favorite wrestler in the world right now, behind only Kazuchika Okada. I won't cast shade on him because of not liking him or Chicago, both things I love.

If this is not a work... than I have been wrong about CM Punk for years. And I will admit that.

I still don't know. I think AEW might be crossing the kayfabe lines, I cannot be sure. BUT if Punk leaves the company over this or the EVPs leave for real... I'll admit I was wrong. Because if Punk does this, sets down these ultimatums, then he is no better than Hulk Hogan. And that is really a horrible thing to be.

There is zero chance this is a work man. There's lots of reasons why but the main for me is the Colt Cabana stuff. In the presser, Punk immediately starts punching down on Cabana, using his real name and it all just escalates from there.

If they wanted to run a worked shoot this is one of the worst ways they could have done it because everybody, including the CEO and the company itself comes out looking shit.

---

On a separate subject, I don't really understand the weight that is being put on Adam Page's original comments about worker's rights. Even if this was a dig (which I really didn't pick up on when I saw it live and didn't know until Punk gave it the Streisand Effect), I don't think it's fair on Page to give a blanket "everyone was in the wrong" statement that includes him.

Firstly, Page's comments were - aside from being super mild imo - to Punk's face, while Punk had a mic in his hand and importantly were in the context of the angle they were working. Punk's, on the other hand, were totally out of the blue, not designed to further an angle and tbh buried Page without giving him a chance to response. And that's only the in-ring promo bit, the presser shit was even worse.

The more I think about this, the more I can't believe Punk is a man in his 40s. He acts like the way a 15 year old boy wishes he had the balls to act like.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Nah, you don’t get to go into business for yourself.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hangman’s comments were probably the least offensive out of everything that happened, but it’s called a snowball effect. It leads one thing into another accumulating more and more turning manageable situations into frenzies.

Pretentious

No frills
Reaction score
Hangman’s comments were probably the least offensive out of everything that happened, but it’s called a snowball effect. It leads one thing into another accumulating more and more turning manageable situations into frenzies.

Do you think Punk's response was appropriate in either tone or execution?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Do you think Punk's response was appropriate in either tone or execution?

I mean I’ve gone over this to death since this page started, but no. Not necessarily appropriate, but the issues weren’t being addressed. Man just had enough of the dirt sheet rumors on top of coworkers he felt disrespected him. Like I said before everyone fucked up here, none more than Tony. He needs to reign it in.

If Hangman didn’t shoot first leading to further shoots and dirt sheet gossip, this presser never happens.