AEW All Out 2022 Media Scrum and fallout Megathread *DYNAMITE SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The timeline from how I remember was

1. Colt stopped getting booked for weekly tapings, was obvious bc there were BTE skits with the Dark Order joking about it since he was normally with them

2. Shitty dirt sheets said it was bc of punk with no basis

3. Colt is clarified to have gotten an extension but to he part of the ROH brand, still not booked for AEW anymore

4. Hangman who has Major history with the Dark Order and Colt in AEW brought up Punk pushing his friend off of TV in a promo

5. Decent dirt sheets finally comment and say all they've heard are the same rumors but that people on AEW made sure Colt stuck around, never said Punk had any involvement

6. Punk returns from injury, shoots on Hangman in an unrelated promo that Hangman wasn't involved in bc he didn't like Hangman bringing up colt in #4

7. Media presser

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Well that’s the dumbest shit ever. If Punk did get Colt taken off tv that’s whole issue right there that he’d even be able to do that.
as said above, no report even SAID he did it, just that "some people are under the impression cabana lost his spot backstage because punk is in the company". which quite frankly, isnt like a scathing thing to even say, its an awkward position and if i was tony id prob try to quietly have him go too lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well that’s the dumbest shit ever. If Punk did get Colt taken off tv that’s whole issue right there that he’d even be able to do that.

No one seems to actually think he did except for internet trolls that were looking for reasons to hate Punk.

Colt getting removed from TV was identical to how Janela and Marko were before Tony didn't renew their contract so it's very possible colt was going the same direction and people stood up for him but also that Punk had nothing to do with it bc there were plenty of people not being renewed

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
and ill say i dont even think Punk is wrong for being annoyed at t he promo but my god man just be like yo, whats up with that promo dawg? do we have an issue? lets talk

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Like I 100% believe people stopped Tony from not renewing Colt, but that can be true without Punk being involved as well :lol

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
No one seems to actually think he did except for internet trolls that were looking for reasons to hate Punk.

Colt getting removed from TV was identical to how Janela and Marko were before Tony didn't renew their contract so it's very possible colt was going the same direction and people stood up for him but also that Punk had nothing to do with it bc there were plenty of people not being renewed
its my take. he we wasnt getting used and they needed to trim anyways. then bucks pulled some weight and got their friend to stay because a lot of the locker liked him t oo. which maybe is kind of eh but thats life, and i do honestly think Punk took offence to that and contrived reasons why that was a plot against him vs them just being friends with colt

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So basically this whole thing is just based on a fucking rumor. Just goes to show how dumb and petty everyone is. Imagine calmly confronting them about it backstage. That’d be too easy. Better to shoot on them in public and start a whole shit

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
like imo, Bucks wanting Colt to stay can exist in the same world as Punk had nothing to do with anything and was not the reason the bucks wanted Colt to stay either. prob suggested ROH since hes an alumni too and TK thought that made sense

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
its my take. he we wasnt getting used and they needed to trim anyways. then bucks pulled some weight and got their friend to stay because a lot of the locker liked him t oo. which maybe is kind of eh but thats life, and i do honestly think Punk took offence to that and contrived reasons why that was a plot against him vs them just being friends with colt

Punk woulda been accused of getting Colt fired or demoted either way too, that's how internet works lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Punk woulda been accused of getting Colt fired or demoted either way too, that's how internet works lol
oh I agree, which is why Punk should not care because lol ppl are dumb

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
and ill say i dont even think Punk is wrong for being annoyed at t he promo but my god man just be like yo, whats up with that promo dawg? do we have an issue? lets talk
Yeah, said this same thing some pages back. Like he honestly should’ve talked to Hanger after that to see wtf was up. Because maybe it could’ve stopped all this BS from happening, or if Tony KNEW shit was brewing, man should’ve sit everyone down and been like “okay fellas let’s hash this out, because we can’t have this mess happening backstage and causing tension among everyone.”

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So basically this whole thing is just based on a fucking rumor. Just goes to show how dumb and petty everyone is. Imagine calmly confronting them about it backstage. That’d be too easy. Better to shoot on them in public and start a whole shit

Yes it does seem this way tbh lol I rarely agree whe people simply situations like this but you've hit it this time :lol

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I could completely see Punk saying Colt and I have history. Which inadvertantly or on purpose get's Colt moved. Punks a big name and at the time making him happy is a good move.

Hangman should have been repremanded.

Punk should have been repremanded.

Punk should have been severly repremanded, but instead it turned into a brawl. It's going to be he said, he said. Punk should be on a final warning. Because of the young bucks position they should be on a pretty sever warning too.

Reactions: Keith

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yes it does seem this way tbh lol I rarely agree whe people simply situations like this but you've hit it this time :lol
I think that’s a complement so I’ll take it :lol

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
you're certainly entitled to your opinion but ya I fully disagree and think you'd be an absolute fool to get rid of the 4 guys that built the company over one dude with issues. That's not to say they are not culpable of wrong doing, but as far as firing, every credible piece we've gotten have no once painted the Bucks at starting violence outside of banging and "kicking" a door down, and the only person relaying that is Ace Steel. I don't really care if people think there's some pro aew conspiracy , thats nowhere near a credible or fact based reason to fire 4 guys, one who wasnt even there, 1 who was trying to calm shit and 2 who got accused potentially wrongfully of leaking shit. no offence, but thats some hardcore anti elite bias if you think thats a reasonable outcome and that what they did is anywhere near as bad as Punk and Ace Steel's actions (that we know so far)

TBF I said if things don't settle down. So if the in-fighting goes on with both sides snapping at each other then the descision might be taken out of AEW's hands. Again if there's legal action that might be enough to fire them anyway. But I'm willing to wait and see how things play out.