AEW All In 2024 Press Conference Notes *SPOILERS*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Tony Khan and other AEW stars spoke to the media following AEW All In.

Bryan Danielson, Mercedes Mone, Hook, Will Ospreay, and Khan all spoke to the media following Sunday’s show at Wembley Stadium. Here are the highlights:

Bryan Danielson
  • He said tonight is the favorite moment of his entire career as it’s the first time his daughter can remember him wrestling in addition to his sons.
  • He hasn’t thought about his future past tonight and isn’t sure what’s going to happen. He said he will be in Champaign, Illinois, this Wednesday and may have an announcement then.
  • He was asked if he would like to end his career at WrestleDream. Danielson said that All In is his sole focus.
  • Danielson was interested in facing Zack Sabre Jr. again, saying he’d love to wrestle at the Tokyo Dome and there is no one he’d rather wrestle there than him.
  • Bryan Danielson said he picked Final Countdown as a joke, mentioning he saw it on a 100 Worst Songs of All time list and illegally downloaded it on Napster. He had no idea when he picked it years ago it would be playing in front of 50,000 people.
  • Dave Meltzer asked Danielson’s daughter Birdie if she wanted to visit Australia or Tokyo, teasing potential places for Danielson to wrestle. Birdie said she would like to.
Mariah May
  • May read off a piece of paper, saying Toni Storm’s career was now dead, dying of natural causes because she’s naturally better than her in every way. May called Storm a “stupid, washed up t***.” She ended by saying a star was born today, and today AEW is officially All About Mariah. She then walked away without taking any questions.
Mercedes Mone
  • Mone said at one point that the storylines in the women’s division were better than the men.
  • She was asked about training at Mark Andrews’ new wrestling school, New Wave Academy. She said it was only ten minutes from the building, so she loved being able to go down and train.
  • A person asked about her recent divorce and what advice she had for people in similar situations. Mone’s advice was to just follow your heart.
Hook
  • Hook said that the idea of coming out to his father’s theme song was his own idea.
  • When someone said that the FTW title was brought into the company as a joke, Tony Khan corrected him and explained the storyline that brought the title into the company.
  • One person asked when he would like to go for the AEW World Championship. Hook said the sooner, the better.
Will Ospreay
  • Regarding Ricochet, who made his debut on Sunday, Ospreay said he was interested in the match, but Ricochet would have to work for it. He referenced their match at the Best of the Super Juniors tournament eight years ago.
  • When asked if he would like to work in Mexico, he said he didn’t think he’d last there, but his friends had given him positive reviews. Ospreay said that it was about time he “hopped on over” to Arena Mexico.
  • Ospreay said he was a fan of the Assassin’s Creed game and thanked game developer Ubisoft for their involvement on his entrance, saying he was now an actual assassin.
Tony Khan
  • When asked about Big Bill’s warm reception during All In week, Tony Khan said that it was something that can be leaned into.
  • Regarding Daniel Garcia, Tony Khan said he wouldn’t get into specifics regarding his contract but it was a good sign that he was there at All In.
  • Khan was asked about getting tax credits in Ohio and if they would be doing something similar there like in Arlington. Khan said he couldn’t comment on the tax credit, but did say they would be returning to Ohio in the future.
  • Tony Khan went into detail when someone asked about AEW’s creative process. He said that around 27 people are involved, and repeatedly compared it to a football team and their coaches. It’s a lot of people contributing ideas and everyone puts something in. At the end of the day, he’s the one that has to decide and half of them end up not being used. He reiterated that pro wrestling was a sport.
  • He mentioned some of the people involved, saying that Jennifer Pepperman works with Mercedes, but may work with other people. RJ City got involved in the process by knowing the All About Eve references in the Mariah May/Toni Storm storyline. Khan said that Jimmy Jacobs gets “so much s***” online but doesn’t put in as many ideas as people think he does. He also put people over like Christopher Daniels, Pat Buck, Sonjay Dutt, Jerry Lynn, and Sarah Stock.
  • Khan also referenced booking Collision as of late. Without saying CM Punk’s name, Khan said that the show is easier to book than it was last year, and the locker room environment is a lot better.
  • He also said that Sting and Bryan Danielson were two of the most unselfish people in the business. He said that the first time he’s ever cried in pro wrestling was tonight during Danielson’s scrum with Birdie.
  • When asked about Nigel McGuiness’ status following his surprise in-ring return on Sunday, Khan said he would continue to do commentary. He noted that it was interesting that it was Christian Cage who attacked him after McGuiness spent so much time praising Cage as of late on commentary.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Whoever asked the Hook question needs to give their head a wobble. What a cunty and stupid question.

Also glad Tony did correct the narrative on Jimmy Jacobs if he is not even giving ideas.

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Whoever asked the Hook question needs to give their head a wobble. What a cunty and stupid question.

Also glad Tony did correct the narrative on Jimmy Jacobs if he is not even giving ideas.
Same with asking Mercedes essentially : Hey great win! How's the divorce? like wtf

Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some full quotes for more context

Tony Khan on Collision:

I frankly think it’s an easier environment backstage at Collision than it was a year ago to do things. I think it’s a lot easier flow between the two shows than it was a year ago. I think the locker room is in a much better place than it was a year ago. As evidenced by when we came up here versus what happened here a year ago. I think it’s a much easier job I have because I had to deal with the people on Collision last year and it’s a much easier meeting process to put the TV together than it was a year ago at this time.

Will Ospreay on Ricochet:

“Man has got to work for it though. There’s a long list of people he’s going to have to beat before he can call out the AEW International Champion. Honestly, I think it’s been eight years since that Best of the Super Juniors match and we’ve both gone in our separate directions. We’ve both done well. But now he’s under this microscope and maybe, just maybe, I called him out all of those times just to see if he’s got any bollocks….so i’d like to see what he’s going to be doing here in AEW. I’m excited and I’m really happy for him.”

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Some stupid questions from so called reporters last night. Hook just looked chilled winder where the eye patch was lol.

Mercedes questions were the worst. Guy asked her what about the divorce. We don't care just ask her about the match instead.she took the question well and didn't respond but praised him and said being married nine years he's blessed.

Star of the press conference was lil birdie. Asked from meltzer about Australia she was so shy bless her. She said she would like too , Bryan kept referring to retirement. I think he's gonna relinquish it at his hometown show.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
This was really unpleasant and not nice to watch. She trying to be like punk and create a bit controversy but she looked sad. Why swear and call reporters marks. I think it was a work but she's done if the reports are true and her contract is up. She can't go in the ring anymore. At one time she was the future of wrestling in WWE but it's been downhill since she lost the title and one day I hope she finds peace.

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
@Canadian Dragon Jeff have you seen the numbers for all in yet ??!!! Wow amazing we done the best ones of the year for AEW PPV's!!!