AEW: All Elite Wrestling!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
1689436207947.png

AEW Logo.jpg

'Becoming.. The Elite!'
Episode Three.
November 28, 2019
Location - Norcross, GA. AEW: One Fall Power Factory.

YouTube & Social Media.

The sounds of banging and clanging from weights, and voices from the various coaches can be heard as the camera's are rolling at the AEW: One Fall Power Factory for the third episode of All Elite Wrestling's - "Becoming.. The Elite!"

The production and film crew show us the different classes ongoing as we see strength & conditioning coaching, weight training and even some general ring work being coached by Dean Malenko. The focus of the footage though soon shows us Head of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels introducing special guest coach for the week; Chris Jericho! The students of 'BTE' clearly happy to be working and learning from the veteran and current AEW World Heavyweight Champion. Jericho is leading a 'promo class' where he's specifically working with three recent debutants on AEW DARK - Aerial Monroe, Faye Jackson & Savannah Evans! Christopher Daniels telling the film crew about recently signing Savannah Evans to All Elite Wrestling after being impressed with her work on the independents while feeling like she will make a great fit for the 'Culture Clique' group which is going to feature on AEW DARK going forward. Daniels talks about the group and the gimmick, explaining they're essentially representing their culture and upbringing, looking to bring a gritty and aggressive approach to the Woman's Division. Chris Daniels then finishes by talking about the three woman and the chance they have to impress.

The footage then returns to Chris Jericho who is offering feedback from the recent vignette that aired for the 'Culture Clique' as he critiques and offers some wisdom on the small details that comes with promo's going forward - positioning, confidence, being clear with your message etc. Aerial Monroe, Savannah Evans & Faye Jackson then all speak to the camera crew as Christopher Daniels calls time on 'promo class' and thanks Chris Jericho for his help.

"It's exciting! On the Independent scene I'm known for having fun, loving life and being this bubbly and fun character but of course that's going to be very different in All Elite Wrestling! I'm going to get the chance to be a heel and work with Aerial and Savannah which is awesome!" - Faye Jackson

"Yeah it's really cool. The classes are intense but it's been good getting the chance to work with a legend like Jericho! He's been giving us tips on being a heel and getting heat. Working with the girls has been great too! I mean we're just getting started really and there's so much to come. Faye is great, and of course I've worked with Savannah before on the independents so I'm really happy she has signed with the promotion because she's so different to anyone or anything in Woman's wrestling at the moment - such a big presence that can kick some ass!" - Aerial Monroe

1689436792194.png

The show then rolls on to a later point in the day where the camera crew catches up with the AEW World Champion who has been observing and working with the various talents throughout the day. One of the camera crew ask Jericho for this thoughts on the talent down here in the One Fall Power Factory?

"Aw man it's impressive! Chris Daniels, Dean Malenko, Jerry Lynn and the other coaches - they're doing a great job down here and credit to Tony Khan for the money invested into this place and working with QT Marshall to create something special here! We've already seen the impact in such a small time with Konosuke & Chris Brookes! Both of those guys have been killing it on DARK and of course they've got their chance to come on Dynamite, and continue to impress! That's what it's all about down here.. Impressing, you know? It's the first time I've had the chance to come down here, and see the talent first hand and it's exciting! I truly believe AEW is on course to rival any promotion in the world within two, maybe three years" - Chris Jericho

DCKIeIu.png

The show then moves on as we see the daughter of the legendary 'Hot Rod' Roddy Piper, Teal! Teal Piper doing some very basic beginner classes with Head Coach QT Marshall and Billy Gunn. QT and Billy going through the process of the flatback bump as they put Teal Piper through her paces in the ring. Teal then beaming with a friendly and warm smile as she see's the camera crew coming across during a break in the training.

"It HURTS! it's really hurts!" - Teal Piper

Teal smiling and laughing as she wipes away sweat with her towel and then taking a gulp of water. Teal then talks to the camera crew about her journey since joining All Elite Wrestling.

"It's A LOT of work - but I'm having so much fun! I'm learning every day. I have to admit, I was a bit scared for the first few days, I was worried that maybe because my Dad was this legendary fantastic wrestler that I was going to be expected to live up to those standards and that maybe I'd struggle with the pressure, you know? But no, everyone has been so nice! I've found my own niche with my version of 'Teal Pipers Pit' and it seems to have been accepted by the AEW fans which is so wholesome to me and I can't thank them enough!" - Teal Piper

The camera crew then ask Teal about her plans to maybe compete in the ring one day?

"Never say never, right? That's what they say in this business! I'm really happy with what I'm doing at the moment, I'm appearing on TV as a backstage personality and then doing my interview show in the ring and I think right now, that's how I can benefit All Elite Wrestling most. AEW have SO many talented woman on the roster and honestly, I'm so far behind them in terms of my development but I'm working on it. I'm trying to get the basics down and then who knows.. maybe?!" - Teal Piper

1689436775588.png

We then come to the final part of the show where Head of Talent Relations Christopher Daniels is joined in the middle of the ring by Head Coach QT Marshall. Christopher addresses everyone at the One Fall Power Factory as he praises everyone and thanks them for their hard work on the start of this journey! Daniels then talks about the goal of this programme, signing the best in class around the world - inside and outside of the ring to make DARK, Dynamite and the various Pay-Per-Views, All Elite Wrestling the best is can be! Daniels then calls into the ring Chris Brookes & Konosuke Takeshita as the men shake hands with Daniels & QT as they enter the ring.

Chris Daniels then talks about the rise and success of Brookes & Takeshita and how they should serve as a guide to everyone else here at the One Fall Power Factory chasing their dreams! Daniels then talks about Konosuke & Brooke's success in qualifying for the Dynamite Diamond Ring tournament before saying it's with immense pride that he can share the news that both Chris Brookes & Konosuke have 'BECOME.. THE ELITE!' - Daniels confirming that both Konosuke & Chris Brookes will no longer be training here and have been called up to Dynamite permanently! The One Fall Power Factory in a chorus of cheers and applause as both Brookes & Takeshita look absolutely delighted with the news as they hug each other before thanking QT and of course, Chris Daniels.

The footage then ends as the crew wrap up the day of filming.
A glimpse into the futures of these men and women on their journey to..

'Becoming.. The Elite!'

1689436611498.png

Last edited:

Looking Glass

Reaction score
LG4.png

It's been a while since I've cast my eye over this while you've caught up to WC to bring in new shows.

DARK
- Showcasing Kelly Klein makes sense, but it's nice that Leva still had some moments to shine. However, the focus is the bigger picture - Klein vs. Priestley, which I think would be a low-key killer match. I think Klein could have been a real stalwart had she stayed around longer and not disappeared under a dark cloud. I think the response promo from Bea was solid and helped bring the feud along nicely.

- I like utilising these titles from outside of AEW - it's pretty standard of them today - but I think it showcases the working relationships nicely. Laredo Kid was never at risk, but again I appreciate that these are just simple squashes and the losers are still getting a chance to showcase something.

- I'm excited to see what you do with "The Guv'nor". I've been a fan of Ogogo since his boxing days and I think he has a really good presence. I'm not sure what his status is what AEW IRL but I think making Dark more meaningful by having actual storylines and introducing new talent really gives them space to grow and it's nice to be able to look forward to seeing new characters.

- I think the dual/multi-perspective interviews are a really effective way to make a match feel big. From what I recall, these two were literally introduced on Dark as part of the special bracket in the Dynamite Diamond Ring tournament, so this is a good way of introducing Brookes and Takeshita to the reader/viewer properly, as well as making the tournament itself feel important (although I'm not sure how far they'll go compared to Matt Jackson and Angélico). Also calling back to their history (which you also did with Klein/Priestley) adds a lot of depth and helps springboard your feud.

- Upon initial review, I was like "WTF? DARK ORDER WON?" but obviously Dark Order here are part of a major storyline, with the Exalted One still to be revealed. I like the amount of detail you give your matches, they feel digestible rather than bloated or too basic.

DYNAMITE
- I like that the Diamond Ring is being held as part of a tournament rather than a two-part Battle Royal like in real-life (it always felt a bit TNA to me to have two people win a Battle Royale and then face each other next week).

- A nice solid opener between Cody and Jungle Boy Jack, but obviously there's no way that Rhodes was going to be losing this one. The match times help add some detail as to how competitive the match was, and I like the references to Perry's match against Omega - highlighting that while he's not always winning, he is impressing people - which makes his loss feel less of a block in his trajectory. The post-match mark of respect only furthers the idea that Jungle Boy is one to watch in your project.

- I've really enjoyed the Friedman Family versus the Nightmare Family feud. I think giving MJF his own people evens the odds and shows that even the worst people have their supporters, although I am missing Richard Holliday! I love the lines about taking the ring, the title and then Brandi, they just felt very apt for the character and the fact Cody is being held back just ups the ante for the inevitable battle between the two.

- I like how you stuck with the same storyline after the break, it makes the show very episodic, with a continuing story throughout the night and makes the match between MJF and Dustin feel a lot more personal.

- Jeff Cobb is an impressive talent and I'm surprised beyond ROH and the odd appearance in AEW that he never really caught on. You've got him as Taz's protégé, so there's no way that Silver and Reynolds pre-DO are going to win and nor should they. I'm not sure what direction he's going in, but given Taz's ECW background, I wouldn't mind seeing him face Joey Janela for his 'unofficial title'.

- This feels like a pre-Brawl Out Punk promo when he was all about the family and the fans, rather than gatekeeping and being controversial for the sake of it.

- Again, nice use of interview time to put over the Page/PAC match, adding further emphasis on the importance of this tournament.

- Poor Leva can't catch a break! But obviously, Rosemary is your champion, so she's obviously going to get the easy victory. I really enjoyed the post-match segment, especially because there were no babyfaces in the wings ready to chase them off. Rosemary also comes across as defiant here, prepared to defend the title. I'm shocked that Ivelisse allowed Shida to step up to face her, but part of me wonders how legit this is. Ivelisse says she'll face the winner, so I guess she doesn't need to bother with Rosemary unless she really has to.

- A longer match than I expected for Dustin, but the outcome was to be expected. The competitive nature doesn't take away from the Nightmare Family's involvement in the feud but obviously, MJF has had the psychological victory in the first half of the show and now the actual victory here. Cody saves the day, which reaffirms that no matter what mind games MJF is winning, he's still the one running scared of The American Nightmare.

- The Bastard Era made me laugh but I liked PAC referring to himself as the One True Elite. I think PAC came out of WWE and had a stint at the top of the indies, and I honestly think that to this day it's not been capitalized on. I like PAC feeling like "The Bastard" here and being menacing, feeling dominant as I think he could be someone you could really build towards the main event without it feeling like 'fantasy booking'.

- Typical AEW, trying to get a show of any WWE reference haha. Interesting to have this segment with Britt in a JR sitdown - that's when you know things are serious. A really interesting turn with Britt seemingly traumatized by the experience with Decay, the voices play into the idea of the 'hive mind', which I thought was a nice touch. Foreshadowing a turn, perhaps?

- Big match offered by Salina. I have no doubt that the Bucks will accept, which paves the way for an epic match to come. I must say after the cliffhanger with Salina, I was expecting to perhaps see a bit more of a follow-up from her this week.

- JR seemingly lost his mind during the main event, but I like how you used commentary in this match to build tension. A near 30-minute match would indicate that this was a slobber knocker indeed and I think the right person won. There's something about Page's character that feels like he's telling himself he's bouncing back but he can't seem to get in the zone. Again, I wonder if we're indicating at a turn with his understandable frustration. Either that or you're really tapping into making him this sympathetic babyface, but I'm not sure which direction this is going in.

DARK
- I had to double-take because I didn't recall Cobb being in the tournament and then I realised it was Taz being irrational and blaming Tony for reasons beyond his control. I thought this was quite a fun way to acknowledge that not everyone got to be part of the experience and use that to potentially drive other stories.

- Much like Klein vs. Leva, it makes sense for Bea to win this one so that both women are neck and neck heading into their match together. Bea gives Kelly the labours of Jericho treatment. I think this is a unique way to keep the story running, especially when it's still particularly fresh. I'm wondering who the opponent will be - it almost feels like Klein HAS to beat them, so if that's the case then the surprise best be a good one.

- Let KO Season begin, I'm ready for it.

- It's always bizarre to see old-school Janela with Penelope, it really casts me back to the early days of AEW. This match seems to feed the crowd's bloodlust. I think the fact that your version of AEW isn't as bloody means matches like this can exist - even on Dark - and feel like a breather from the norm as opposed to what we should expect on a weekly basis. I forget that Joey is a heel and Taz seems to enjoy him, so maybe we won't see a match with Cobb.

- Again, I love the introduction of new talent and original ideas. Savannah Evans, Faye Jackson and Aerial Monroe as Culture Clique is something new and I'm excited to see your spin on it. I think one of the criticisms I had for your women's division is it felt (outside Bea/Kelly) that there's the Decay heels and then the Face brigade, so expanding the division will help add some diversity and depth.

- Brookes and Takeshita look good in main event victory against Private Party - who I don't believe are part of BTE here, are they? Which would be kind of a big deal for Brookes and Takeshita to beat them. Following the mark of respect, I wonder what is next for these two. I could perhaps see envision Takeshite beat Angélico but I don't see Brookes besting Jackson, so could it be that these two are heading towards a tag team storyline if Jack Evans plays a role in Takeshita's match? Sidenote: can't completely recall if Hybrid2 are a thing in your version.

As always, I'm enjoying this project the absence of characters like Orange Cassidy, Darby Allin, really make this version feel like a different company and I think you've put your own touch which is nice because you started this so early on before AEW (IMO) found its groove, meaning you can mould it into pretty much anything you want it to be. More questions than answers, but a lot of good stuff on the way. BTE is a fun addition, it reminds me of that NXT/WWE PC documentary they did once years ago. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
1678388003556-png.42726

AEW: Wednesday Night Dynamite
Episode Ten - #ClobberinTime
United Center, Chicago, IL
December 04, 2019

Light the fuse! Bring the boom! DYNAMITE!

EM6jtQlXkAARgUE.jpg

It's Wednesday night and All Elite Wrestling is LIVE once again on TNT for another edition of AEW; Dynamite! The camera floats around the raucous United Center as Chicago Illinois is in full voice all in the name of one man. "CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" is the chant and the crowd are not made to wait long before the 'The Second City Saint' makes his arrival to a rock start reception from his home town.

CULT OF PERSONALLITY!!

The crowd explodes into a frenzy of cheers as they continue to chant the name of CM Punk! Punk stepping out onto the stage wearing a brand new shirt which is followed by a graphic advising it's available to buy on AEW.com. CM Punk beaming with a smile before kneeling down and telling everyone what time it is..

"IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!" - CM Punk

Punk then striding down the ramp and slapping hands with the crowd before walking around the ring and then leaning across the crowd barrier and greeting his Wife, April, formerly known as AJ Lee in the WWE. CM Punk & 'AJ' embracing as they clearly share an emotional moment between the two of them before kissing as CM Punk then picks up a microphone from the ring steps entering the ring as the noise goes up another notch as the commentary team play up how they've never heard an ovation like this in wrestling!

CM-Punk.png

CM Punk opens up on the mic and thanks his hometown for the amazing reception! Punk says they're the reason he has been busting his ass to make a comeback and is standing right here today! Punk then turns to his Wife, and thanks her for the times of moments of doubt that she uplifted him and supported him, saying without her this wouldn't be possible. Punk then says that three weeks ago he declared his return to the ring, and that he's putting in the work, blood sweat and tears to make sure that everyone who has stood with him, supported him and supports All Elite Wrestling is proud when at Winter is Coming he stands in the middle of the ring as the man who wants to prove he is STILL.. The BEST IN THE WORLD!

Illinois pops once more as they begin chanting 'CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK!' once again.

Punk then talks about Chris Jericho and his 'Inner-Circle' as he responds to his words from two weeks ago. Punk labels Chris Jericho nothing more than a COWARD! Punk suggesting that of course Jericho didn't want to take up the challenge and instead is sending his little lap dog - Sammy Guevara! Punk then smiles before saying he's fine with fighting Sammy though because it just happens that Sammy has the type of look that makes you want to smash your knee into their face and make them.. GO! TO! SLEEP!

The crowd then fire up as they continue chanting CM Punk's name until..

TAKE FLIGHT!!

The crowd turns sour as the self-proclaimed 'Spanish Sex-God' Sammy Guevara steps out from the tunnel and onto the stage with a cocky smirk on his face. Sammy appears to be finally over the punch heard around the world from Cain Velasquez as he's no longer wearing the over the top comedic ice pack and bandage strapped to his face. Sammy has a microphone in hand and he wastes no time retorting to CM Punk as he arrogantly struts down the ramp.

OIF.s5xK32v1R1JSuLyL9A3sKQ

Sammy says that his friend Chris Jericho is the AEW World Champion and he's got bigger problems then worrying about a has been like CM Punk! Sammy then reaches ringside and out of the corner of his eye he sees CM Punk's wife and can't resist approaching towards her as CM Punk tells Sammy don't even think about it in a warning. Sammy though sticking his tongue out and brushing off Punk's words as he addresses 'AJ Lee' in the crowd.

"What is someone like YOU, doing with someone WASHED like HIM, when you could be spending your nights with a SPANISH SEX GOD like ME?!" - Sammy Guevara

The crowd are booing as 'AJ' just rolls her eyes at Sammy's comments while CM Punk then motions he's about to come outside of the ring before Sammy moves and tells CM Punk to calm down! Sammy then hops onto the ring apron and enters the ring before going one step further and pissing off CM Punk and Chicago some more. Sammy says CM Punk brought his wife to the game, and he's just trying to see if she wants to play?!

CM Punk then explodes forward and grips up Sammy in one smooth motion as Sammy drops the microphone instantly ad tries to escape as Punk carries him to the centre of the ring! With Chicago expecting and hoping to see Sammy go to sleep, Sammy is able to slip away like a slimy snake before rolling out of the ring with a look of fear across his face. Meanwhile Punk is smiling as he motions that Sammy was "this close" to going to sleep! The scene ends with CM Punk standing tall in the middle of the ring as Chicago applauds and cheers for their 'Voice of the Voiceless' as Dynamite goes to it's first commercial break.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

dusf5qa-png.42695

Dynamite returns from the break as Jim Ross & Tony Schiavone officially welcome everyone back before recapping the situation between CM Punk & Sammy Guevara as they remind us that the two will meet in the middle of the ring as CM Punk returns to ring action at Winter is Coming! Jim Ross & Tony then talk about the show to come this evening as they confirm that after his devastating loss to 'The Bastard' PAC last week in the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament - We will hear from the 'Hangman' Adam Page! Tony then says speaking of the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament that is set to continue NEXT as we will see Frankie Kazarian vs MVP! Tony Schiavone then reminding us about the situation and brewing animosity caused by MVP within SoCal Uncensored which gives this match an extra edge.

dynami10.png

We see the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament graphic appear on the big screen as Jim Ross confirms that Cody Rhodes, Maxwell Jacob Friedman and PAC have all advanced to the next round and thus one step closer to wielding the Dynamite Diamond Ring that will allow someone to contest for the AEW World Championship at any place, any time! The footage then turns to ringside where Justin Roberts is in the middle of the ring ready to announce the first match of the evening!

Match One: Frankie Kazarian vs ??? - Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match.

Frankie Kazarian was in the ring and warming up as he awaited the arrival of Montel Vontavious Porter! MVP wouldn't make Kaz wait too long as he strutted out to the ring but did so wearing an expensive fresh suit and a fancy cane in his hand with a smirk across his face and microphone in hand ready to speak.

"Frankie! Frankie, relax! Now, I know you was expecting to have the biggest match of your career by facing me tonight but you know what - It's not my time! My time has come and gone, and I'm okay with that. However I have a replacement and he's been waiting so, so, so long for HIS moment! A moment where it's all about him! Not third-wheeling and back-up dancing to his two supposed friends who couldn't give a DAMN about him! Ladies and Gentleman! My replacement.." - MVP

REACH FOR THE SKY!

scorpio-sky-september-25-a.jpg

Those watching at home might have sensed what was coming, and so did those in the crowd as they booed "MVP" before turning their boos to Scorpio Sky who walked out onto the stage with a sheepish look across his face. "MVP" clapping and applauding Sky as Franke Kazarian in the middle of the ring just shakes his head - almost disappointed that it's come to this and that Scorpio Sky has seemingly finally shook hands with the devil so to speak and agreed to take Montel up on his offer and replace him in the Diamond Ring Tournament.

Despite how it looks, it doesn't appear all well and good between Scorpio Sky and "MVP" as Scorpio seems to be suggesting that he didn't know the match would be up against Frankie Kazarian, his fellow SoCal Uncensored teammate. Franke though isn't buying the story and steps face to face with Sky as he enters the ring and the two are quickly embroiled in a shoving match as a smiling 'MVP' watches his masterplan come together as it appears we're witnessing the end of SoCal Uncensored as we know it here in All Elite Wrestling!

Summary: Franke Kazarian was ready to go from the moment the bell sounded, clearly pissed off that Scorpio Sky has sided with 'MVP' and is representing him in the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament. Scorpio though is hesitant, still looking out at "MVP" as if to suggest that had he known he was facing Kazarian, he wouldn't have accepted the match. Scorpio then looks to speak with Kaz, perhaps plead his case in the middle of the ring, but Kaz has no interest in what SKy has to say, slapping Scorpio across the face with real venom as the crowd "oohhhhhh" at the force. Scorpio then wipes at his face before exploding at Kazerian with punches and the match is underway!

These two might have been friends, partners, perhaps even once "brothers" but all that has gone out of the window! Kazarian & Scorpio have wrestled like enemies and 'MVP' has revelled in the viewing from the outside. Since the slap from Kaz, no respect has been shown as the two have hit each other with everything coming close to the victory on a few different occasions. The ending of the match comes with some real controversy. Scorpio Sky has Kaz up on his shoulders with a fireman's carry looking for the Ace of Spades! Kaz though is able to wriggle free, falling behind Scorpio on his feet and dragging Sky down and rolling through with a roll up! ONE! TWO! "MVP" then runs across and reaches into the ring with just rnough stretch to pull Frankie Kazarians pants and send him slightly off-balance when Scorpio Sky reverses and rolls through with a roll up of his own! The momentum changes on a dime and there's nothing Kazarian can do! ONE! TWO! THEE!

Scorpio Sky (W) - 08:36 Match Time.

"YOUR WINNER! AND ADVANCING TO THE NEXT ROUND! SCOOOORPPIIOOOOOO SKKYYYY!" - Justin Roberts

Scorpio Sky rolls out of the ring and is clearly happy to get the victory, completely unaware that "MVP" just changed the balance of the match, or is he? Either way, Frankie Kazarian is aware and he's fuming as he pleads his case to Referee official Paul Turner who insists that the Referee's descion is final. "MVP" grabs Scorpio and hugs him like a proud father, or perhaps knowing that he's played a blinder and has crumbled SoCal Uncensored to the core thanks to his antics. "MVP" telling Sky that he knew he had this in him! Bigging up his victory as the two make their way back up the ramp leaving together while a frustrated Franke Kazrian can only watch on, devastated and unhappy with the result as the show goes to commercial.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

dusf5qa-png.42695

The camera returns from the break and we're backstage in 'Gorilla' where we see 'MVP' with his arm around Scorpio Sky talking in his ear and telling him how good he is, and how good he could be after his win against Frankie Kazarian! Suddenly they pass a monitor screen on the wall and a replay is being shown off the finish of the match. 'MVP' tries to move Sky along but Scorpio see's the ending where 'MVP' pulled on Frankie's tights to send him off balance that allowed Scorpio Sky to reverse the roll up and counter with one of his own. Scorpio is now wide eyed and turns to face 'MVP' who is already trying to get his story straight when a furious Frankie Kazarian catches up with both men.

Kaz asks Scorpio what the hell was that? Accusing him off cheating when he had the match won. Kazarian tells Scoprio that he's changed and as far as he's concerned - Scorpio should stick with 'MVP' because he's DONE with him! Scorpio Sky & Kazarian are now face to face as Referee Officials and Christopher Daniels rush to separate the two men. Daniels calls for calm from both Sky & Kazarian while 'MVP' has taken a step out of the picture - continuing to watch the foundations of SCU crumble before him. Scorpio though has had enough and is in no mood to calm down as he fires back at Kazarian. Scorpio says he didn't change, Kaz & Daniels CHANGED! Sky recalls how the three of them came to AEW as a trio, and that he's been in the background ever since! Scorpio Sky then storms off one way as Kazarian throws up his hands and leaves the other way while Chris Daniels is left in the middle to watch his two partners leave.

Daniels then turns to a smiling 'MVP' and says this HIS FAULT! His scheming and being in Scorpio's ear has led to this situation, Montel though just shrugs his shoulders before holding up his arms, accepting no blame before walking away.

The footage then returns back to ringside where Tony Schiavone & Jim Ross are left to react to the ongoing situation between SoCal Uncensored and what remains of the group.

"What a said sight, Jim. Three friends torn apart by a man with a plan, and that man is Montel Vontavious Porter!" - Tony Schiavone

"Devious, cunning and cerebral is 'MVP' Tony! He came here to All Elite Wrestling with a masterplan and that plan involves pitching his wagon to Scorpio Sky! You'd have to say, it looks like 'MVP' has got his way and we might be witnessing the end of the group and friendship between Scorpio Sky, Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels!" - Jim Ross

"Shifting gears, Jim. We're set to continue on with the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament with our second qualifying match of the evening! One half of the Hybrid2 in Angelico takes on a man who's been earning rave-reviews at the One Fall Power Factory and on AEW DARK! This is Konosuke Takeshita!" - Tony Schiavone

A video package on the big screen airs as we see Konosuke Takeshita competing back in Japan for DDT Pro Wrestling! We see Takesshita as a 4x DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion and a 5x DDT KO-D Openweight Champion as the man known as 'The Future' before we're shown him signing with All Elite Wrestling in the inaugural 'Becoming.. The Elite' class as he meets and greets the likes of Tony Khan, Kenny Omega, Christopher Daniels & QT Marshall. We then see Takeshita competing on AEW DARK with various victories as the voiceover of various coaches at the One Fall Power Factory in the form of Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko & Jerry Lynn are talking about how good Konosuke is, and could be in the future! The video package ends with the announcement that 'THE FUTURE HAS ARRIVED' before fading as it's over to Justin Roberts in the middle of the ring to announce the next match of the evening!

Match Two: Konosuke Takeshita vs Angelico - Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match.

Summary: After the ring bell had sounded there was a feeling out process between both Konosuke & Angelico as the two men got to grips with each other and the clash of styles. The rangy and slightly taller Angelico looking to keep Takeshita at a distance with his kicking ability while the Japanese born Konosuke looked to get in close, hitting Angelico with forearms and palm strikes as he showed no sign of nerves for his first time competing LIVE on Dynamite!

The ending to the match came with 'The Ultimate Airdevil' Angelico looking to land with the Superman Senton! A senton bomb from the top rope only for Konosuke to move at the last second as Angeico bounced of the canvas and wriggled around in pain as 'The Future' seen an opening and took it! Takesthita running the ropes and nailing Angelico with a Yakuza Kick before then picking up his opponent and dropping him down with Blue Thunder! A picture perfect Blue Thunder Bomb plans Angelico hard onto the canvas as the Japanese wrestler hooks the legs and secures the win! One! Two! Three!

'The Future' Konosuke Takeshita (W) - 06:57 Match Time.

"YOUR WINNER! AND ADVANCING TO THE NEXT ROUND! KONOSUKE! TAKESHIIITTTAAAAAA!" - Justin Roberts

l-intro-1665074271.jpg

The Chicago crowd are cheering as Jim Ross speculates that 'The Future' has arrived here on Dynamite! Tony Schiavone agrees with Jim Ross as he says that Konosuke lived up to the hype tonight and now advances to the next round of the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament! Takeshita bows to the Chicago crowd before exiting the ring and making his back up the ramp where he comes face to face with..

BATTLE CRY!!

The crowd pop as the AAA Mega Champion Kenny Omega steps out from behind the curtain carry the glistening Championship around his waist as he applauds Konosuke Takeshita who approaches. The two men then stop and stare at the top of the stage before Kenny bows to Takeshita and Konosuke returns the favour before both men exchange a handshake. Omega then raises Konosuke's hand in victory once more for one final pop from the crowd acknowledging his performance this evening before Takeshita makes his way behind the curtain and the AAA Mega Champion heads to the ring.

kenny-omega.jpg

After receiving a microphone from the timekeeper at ringside, and letting the Chicago crowd settle down a little after the early chants and cheers - Omega addresses the words from his rival at 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' Jon Moxley! Omega says that two weeks ago Moxley had some strong words for him, and vowed to take away his AAA Mega Championship! Omega shakes his head and wags his finger before suggesting that THIS TIME it's going to be different.

Kenny goes on to say that THIS TIME Moxley isn't fighting the Kenny Omega that he stepped in the ring with at Halloween Havoc! That Kenny Omega was caught between being the Omega of Japan; 'The Cleaner' and being the company guy, the face of All Elite Wrestling! Omega says that he now has clarity once again of what he is.. The BEST wrestling in the WORLD today! HE IS KENNY OMEGA! THE BEST BOUT MACHINE!

Chicago pops as Omega feels the confidence flowing through his body before continuing on.

Omega says that Jon Moxley is VIOLENCE personified. He says that Jon Moxley is a DANGEROUS man but that come 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' he enters the world of LUCHA LIBRE!

Omega now unstraps and holds up his AAA Mega Championship as Chicago cheers.

Kenny Omega then finishes by saying that LUCHA LIBRE is HIS world where in the middle of the ring, pure WRESTLING ability there is NOBODY on his level. Kenny Omega finishes by telling Moxley that he is going to be leaving HUMBLED after he humiliates him in Mexico City, Mexico! Omega then drops the microphone before posing with his Championships as the commentary play up that it finally feels like Omega has his groove back and that after his recent victories over Jungle Boy & Chris Hero that it certainly looks like the 'Best Bout Machine' is back! The footage then fades as Dynamite goes to commercial.

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

dusf5qa-png.42695

As the camera returns from the break we're greeted by some breaking news as Tony Schiavone confirms that the AEW Dynamite Special of "Winter is Coming!" continues to get bigger and bigger as he confirms that he's just had official word from All Elite Wrestling President & CEO; Tony Khan that Hikaru Shida will challenge Rosemary for the AEW Women's World Championship! Jim Ross praises the bravery of Shida wanting to step up to the 'Demon Assassin' Rosemary as her and the Decay seem to have a firm grip and stranglehold on the AEW Women's Division! Tony speculates that maybe Shida could be the one to end the reign of Rosemary before confirming that we're going to get a mini-preview of what's to come at "Winter is Coming!" tonight as Shida takes on one of Rosemary's "Assassins" in the form of Holidead!

It's then over to Justin Roberts back at ringside to introduce the third match of the evening!

Match Three: Hikaru Shida vs Holidead W/ Thunder Rosa

Summary: There was no Rosemary in sight but that didn't stop the usual shenanigans from the Twisted Sisterz of Holidead & Thunder Rosa as they tried to get into the head of Shida! Trash talking and a howling scream, Thunder Rose leaping up on the ring apron and threatening to get involved allowed Holidead to get the jump on her opponent Shida and she was relentless with the onslaught. Kicks and punches, not allowing the Japanese wrestler to breathe as she even threw in a couple of headbutts before letting out a scream as she displayed her demonic aura for the Chicago crowd to witness.

The former Ice Ribbon Champion in Hikaru Shida though remained resilient, staying in the fight after taking a wave of attacks from Holidead before managing to change the match around completely. Holidead had looked to hit Shida with a version of the Unprettier only for Shida to roll through before pushing Holidead into Thunder Rosa who had leaped onto the ring apron in support as she sent Rosa back first flying off the ring apron into the steel barricade at ringside! Shida then lifting up a dazed Holidead and dropping her down with the Arawashi Driver! An overhead gutwrench backbreaker rack dropped into a sitout facebuster before sealing the victory with the Ōhōri no Tamashii! The single leg running knee to the face of Holidead as she tried to get back up. Shida then hooked the legs of Holidead and the match was won! One! Two! Three!

Hikaru Shida (W) - 06:24 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNER! HIKARU! SHHIIDDDDAAAAAAA!" - Justin Roberts

Hikaru-Shida-001-scaled.jpg

Shida let out a scream of her own, overjoyed with the victory and perhaps seeing the win as scoring the first blow against Rosemary and her minions heading into the "Winter is Coming!" Championship match. It wouldn't be long before Shida's celebration was cut short though as the Twisted Sisterz had now regrouped and began circling the ring. Shida though was again prepared, reaching across the ring and grabbing her Kendo stick that had been placed under the turnbuckle as she begged Holidead & Thunder Rosa to enter the ring. Nothing would come from this though as the big screen went live and Chicago would be greeted by the appearance of the harrowing Women's Champion; Rosemary!

Impact_Rosemary-0059-1014x570.jpg

Rosemary appeared in a smoke filled room as she would showcase a Japanese Geisha Doll. Rosemary not facing the way the camera footage is being shot and instead seemingly talking to the doll as she holds it in her hand and runs her fingers through the dolls hair as she addresses the Geisha doll.

"SHIIIDDDAAAAA! OH, SHIIDDDAAAAAA! I am very impressed with YOU! You're such a BRAVE, BRAVE LITTLE GIRL, SHIDA! You're not scared of me.. ARE YOU?! NO! You're DIFFERENT to the rest. YOU have such BEAUTY! Such GRACE! Such ELIGANCE! You look like a PRINCESS Shida but underneath you have the heart of a WARRIOR! We COULD have been FRIENDS SHIIDDAAAAA! BUT YOU REFUSE TO FALL IN LINE AND.... DEEEEECCAAAAYYY! Soon though, YOU will have NO.. CHOICE! At Winter is Coming I'm going to CHANGE YOU! JUST LIKE YOUR FRIEND! YOU WILL BECOME A BETTER YOU! YOU WILL... DEECCAAAAAAAYYYYY! DEEECAAAAAAAYYYYY! DEEECAAAAAAAAAYYYY!" - Rosemary

As Rosemary howls out the words of Decay she can be seen laughing as the Twisted Sisterz are smiling and nodding at ringside as they're fixated on Shida in the ring who's still ready with the Kendo stick in hand. Rosemary now scratching and clawing at the Geisha doll as she begins pulling out it's hair, perhaps a symbolic gesture of the "Decay" that awaits Hikaru Shida at "Winter is Coming!" when the two woman battle for the AEW Women's World Championship! The commentary team are speaking about Rosemary and the danger she represents as Jim Ross speaks about Britt Baker who was the last person to face Rosemary and her struggles of recovery. "JR" says he hopes Shida is ready for what possibly awaits against the 'Demon Assassin' Rosemary! The footage then fades from ringside and to the backstage area.

dusf5qa-png.42695

We see the AEW World Tag Team Champions, Nick & Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks. The Bucks clearly animated as they're knocking on the door of Adam 'Hangman' Page's locker room door - calling out to their friend with seemingly no reply as AEW Interviewer Jenn Decker and a trailing camera crew catch up with the commotion.

Jenn Decker presses on with her questioning right away, asking if Matt & Nick have heard from 'Hangman' Page, if he's doing okay, and if they know what his announcement could be tonight? Nick & Matt look like they would rather be anywhere else but answering those kind of questions right now, but reply honestly. Matt says him and his Brother have tried to call and text 'Hangman' but he is not answering his phone, and he won't answer the door either - so the truth is, they don't know. Nick says that him and Matt have tried to reach out to Cody & Kenny for support, but that both of them are dealing with their own very personal feuds right now and so it falls on them, and they won't give up on their friend, Adam.

Jenn perhaps sensing the emotion thanks Matt & Nick for answering before she turns her attention to the proposal from Salina last week and a potential Champion vs Champion match at 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' in Mexico? Before the Young Bucks can even reply Jenn Decker points behind the Bucks as the Champions turn around to be greeted by Diamante, Santana & Ortiz - The Latin American Xchange; LAX!

santana-ortiz-june-1-a.v1.webp

Santana & Ortiz are fired up, asking what the hell is going on?! Santana says that at Halloween Havoc they narrowly lost to the Bucks to become inaugural Champions, they then beat the Lucha Brothers at Revolution and they've also won every match since! Ortiz then chimes in and says as far as they're concerned - they should be next in line! And they wanna' do it in Mexico!

Matt & Nick pause on what Santana & Ortiz have just said before Matt replies. Matt Jackson says that Santana & Ortiz actually make some good points! He doesn't disagree with what LAX just said BUT.. Matt says him and his Brother Nick are the AEW World Tag Team Champions! And the Lucha Brothers are the AAA Tag Team Champions! The Bucks then turn to each other before turning back to LAX and asking what they're bringing to the table?! Before LAX can say any more - Nick says that him and his Brother have a lot going on right now, and Matt has a match coming up next - So they're going to get going. The Young Bucks then leave the scene as a snarling LAX watch them leave as the show moves on.

dusf5qa-png.42695

"Sounds like Santana & Ortiz are trying to throw their hats into the ring to face the Young Bucks in Mexico, Jim!" - Tony Schiavone

"Indeed, Tony! And they made some valid points too! Moving on though folks, it's time for the next Dynamite Diamond Ring Qualifying Match as one half of the AEW World Tag Team Champions; Matt Jackson! Goes one on one with another man that's been earning some rave reviews down at the One Fall Power Factory and quickly becoming a favorite on the All Elite Wrestling 'Becoming the.. Elite!" YouTube show - This man is.. Chris Brookes!" - Jim Ross

Just like Konosuke previously, we get a small video package highlighting the man from Tipton, England. We see Bookes earning his stripes in the UK independent wrestling scene before it's capped off with him capturing gold and becoming 5x ATTACK! Tag Team Champion & a 3x PROGRESS Tag Team Champions with then partner, Kid Lykos! The footage then shows the Englishmans journey to Japan! His accomplishments captured with images of him becoming 2x DDT Universal Champion! 1x KO-D Openweight Champion and a 3x DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion! With the UK & Japan now conquered - Chris Brookes says he's turning his attention to America here in All Elite Wrestling where the "Calamari Catch King" hopes to capture more Championship gold and prove he is ELITE! The footage then fades and it's over to Justin Roberts who is already in the ring ready to announce the next match of the evening..

Match Four: Matt Jackson w/ Nick Jackson vs Chris Brookes - Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match.

Summary:
The ring bell sounded and Matt Jackson held out his hand, offering a show of respect to the Dynamite newcomer Chris Brookes who stepped forward and shook Jacksons hand as the Chicago crowd appreciated the show and respect and applauded for both men. The two men then locked up and the match was underway! Chain wrestling and quick pin fall attempts were on show early doors as both Jackson & Brookes looked to secure the win to advance to the next round of the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament. Brookes & Matt Jackson would share a hard-fought back and forth battle until the ending would come with the appearance of the Latin American Xchange! Diamante jumping the crowd barricade and leaping on to the ring apron as Matt Jackson looked to strike Brookes with a super kick. Santana & Ortiz then jumping over another side of the barricade as they would jump Nick Jackson outside of the ring - rag tagging him with strikes and kicks before launching him into the steel barricade at ringside. Matt Jackson was now fully distracted and Chris Brookes made the most of the distraction. Brookes hitting Matt Jackson with a SUPER KICK of his own before Jackson would fall to his knees and then Chris Brookes would follow up with a lethal YAKUZA KICK! The strike enough to keep Jackson down for the cover - One! Two! Three!

Chris Brookes (W) - 07:24 Match Time.

"ANNNDDD YOUR WINNER! ADVANCING TO THE NEXT ROUND! CHRIS! BROOOKKEESSSS!" - Justin Roberts

Despite the Referee trying to raise his arm in victory, Chris Brookes knows he technically took advantage and immediately stands alongside the Young Bucks as they invite LAX into the ring to fight. LAX though have done the damage and have sent their message as they walk back up the ramp and out of sight of Brookes and the AEW Tag Team Champions. Brookes almost apologetic to Matt & Nick Jackson, but Matt instead raises Brookes arm in victory as Chicago acknowledges another potential star debuting and advancing in the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament.

dusf5qa-png.42695

The camera cuts from ringside and to the backstage area where we see Pentagon Jr & the devious Salina De La Renta watching the action that just took place at ringside. Pentagon & Salina talking in Spanish but perhaps wondering if LAX have just managed to jump the queue ahead of Salina's proposal last week. However there isn't much time for speculation as a fired up Fenix enters the room and begins to speak over the top of their conversation. Fenix in a mixture of Spanish and slightly broken English turns to his Brother Pentagon and asks him what's going on? Pointing to Salina as he describes her as trouble! Fenix goes on to say that him and Pentagon don't need Salina De La Renta! They're family! Brothers! Salina tries to calm the situation, and more importantly maybe try and change the narrative as she places her hands on Fenix's shoulders in an attempt to calm him down but Fenix shrugs her hands of his shoulders. Fenix telling Salina to stay away!

Salina steps back, absolutely seemingly powerless and not in control of the situation as she now eyeballs Pentagon, hoping that he perhaps doesn't listen to Fenix. Fenix grabs Pentagon by the neck and pulls him, telling him he's got a Main Event match tonight for a chance to advance in the Diamond Ring Tournament become one step closer to obtaining the ring, and then becoming a Champion! Like they both always dreamed. Fenix finishes by saying that he can't do this without his Brother! Pentagon grabs Fenix, and the two Brothers hug as Salina now watches on with horror in her eyes. Fenix then tells Pentagon to come with him and leaves with Pentagon trailing behind. Salina grabs Pentagon Jr's hand, one last attempt to gain control back of the situation as she tells Pentagon Jr this should have been your oppertunity! Penta though doesn't listen - grabbing Selina's hand and throwing it off his own before leaving the room as Salina begins to stamp and shuffle her feet as screams in frustration before making a phone call as the footage fades to a commercial.

>> COMMERCIAL <<

dusf5qa-png.42695

Tony Schiavone & Jim Ross welcome the AEW fans back to Dynamite LIVE from United Center, Chicago, Illinois! Jim Ross talks about the show so far, and the action we've seen in the Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament showcasing some of the best wrestlers in the world today! Jim Ross also reminds us that still to come is tonight's Main Event where Ray Fenix will take on Daga in what should be a thrilling match. Tony agrees with Jim before chiming in and saying that we're also expecting to hear from Adam 'Hangman' Page after his devastating loss to the 'Bastard' PAC last week! Jim says that after the news that 'Hangman' has been avoiding calls and contact from best friends Matt & Nick Jackson, social media speculation is rife with what Adam Page's announcement could be this evening.

Tony Schiavone then says that speaking of social media, he's got some breaking news! He goes on to say that Impact Knockouts Champion and AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Taya Valkyrie has took to Twitter to seemingly make an open challenge to the AEW locker room ahead of 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' that she will be defending her Reina de Reinas Championship in Mexico, Mexico City!

captur10.jpg

Schiavone & Jim Ross talk about Taya Valkyrie being one of the BEST woman's wrestlers in the world today, and being a double champion with AAA & Impact Wrestling proves that but go on to say what a career defining oppertunity it could be for one of the ladies in the back to face and possibly defeat Taya at 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' in Mexico! Attention then turns back to ringside where the Fifth match of the evening is about to take place.

dusf5qa-png.42695

THE BAD BOY!!

Chicago is unanimous in it's reception of boos for the self-proclaimed 'Bad Boy' & 'Deathmatch Champion' Joey Janela! Janela making his way down the ramp with the beautiful Penelope Ford carrying his 'Deathmatch' Championship like he's the World Champion before circling around the ring to grab a microphone and then telling the world and Chicago Illinois what's on his mind and his plans tonight..

Joey goes on to say that his win at Revolution against an 'Hardcore Icon' in the Sandman, proves once again why he is the BEST DEATHMATCH WRESTLER AND CHAMPION IN THE WORLD!! And that's why he's standing here today, STILL, the 'Deathmatch' Champion of All Elite Wrestling! The 'Bad Boy' then says that tonight he has the chance to win some more gold, by winning the Dynamite Diamond Tournament.

"AND everyone knows Diamonds are a girls best friend, ain't that right babe?!" - Joey Janela

Joey than obnoxiously kissing Penelope Ford as the 'Bad Couple' love the attention and all eyes being on them in the ring.

Joey goes on to say that tonight he's facing someone just like the Sandman..

"A DINOSAUR! A BUM! Hero, I'm going to offer you the same deal I offered the Sandman. Get out here, lay your ass down, 1-2-3! and take the money like the cheap wrestling WHORE you are, Chris!" - Joey Janela

intro-1687113334.jpg

Joey grinning ear to ear as the crowd boo his words. The commentary team say how little class Janela has, calling him unprofessional and a disgrace to the wrestling business! Jim Ross reminding us what Joey & Penelope did to Darby Allin, sending him off the stage on to the electronics' and pyro below in a dumpster and how Darby hasn't been seen since.

Match Five: Chris Hero vs 'The Bad Boy' Joey Janela w/ Penelope Ford - Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match.

Summary:
Chris Hero is in the ring, and the ring bell has sounded. Joey then telling Penelope Ford to step up onto the apron and the 'Bad Girl' listens to Joey, stepping up onto the apron and then pulling a wad of cash from her brassiere top, before gifting it to Joey who starts fanning the money around to show the crowd, and Chris Hero. Joey then telling Hero to lay down, and take the money as the crowd are booing. Hero no sells it, starting at Joey who gets more irate, now telling Chris Hero to lay down like the whore he is before he knocks him down! Hero then seems to suggest he's going to do - starting to go down on one knee as Joey begins to smile only to explode back up onto two feet, spin, and SMASH joey in the face with the ROLLING ELBOW! KO! Janela instantly crumbling to his feet as the money goes up into the air - Hero then placing his foot on the out cold Janela as the Referee begins the count.. One! Two! Three!

Chris Hero (W) - 01:34 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNER! ADVANCING TO THE NEXT ROUND! CHRRIISSSSS HEEERRROOOOO!" - Justin Roberts

A smiling Chris Hero then picks up the money notes scattered around the ring before exiting the ring and throwing out towards the crowd as Penelope is screaming at the fans, trying to get the money back. Chris Hero makes his way up the ramp, slapping hands with the crowd before posing at the top of the stage. Chicago then pops as AEW President & CEO Tony Khan steps out from behind the curtain and hands Chris Hero a contract and a pen. Hero takes the contract and signs it with glee before holding it up for the crowd, and hugging an over-excited Tony Khan.

"What a moment for Chris Hero! He's advanced to the next round of the Diamond Ring Tournament and now Chris Hero is.. #AllElite - Welcome to the team, Chris!" - Tony Schiavone

With the dust now settling, and Chris Hero & Tony Khan out of sight - attention turns to the ring where Joey Janela is starting to come around holding his jaw, and asking what happened? Penelope Ford ushering Justin Roberts into the ring, pushing him and yelling at him to announce..

"ANNDDD-UHHHHH! STILL! AEW DEATHMATCH CHAMPION! HES A BAAADDDD BOOYYYYY! JOEY! JANELA! - Justin Roberts

Right on cue Chicago boos as Penelope places the 'Deathmatch Championship' around the shoulder of Janela and helps him to stand back up as the LIVE footage fades to a vignette.

dusf5qa-png.42695

Bangin' & clangin' can be hard as we see footage of hulking Jeff Cobb lifting weights. The towel draped across his head as the muscles are bulging from his arms as he deadlifts with ease. Taz then entering the camera shot wearing an all black suit with orange glasses as he address the camera.

"Dont think we forgot about the DISRESPECT and FEAR that THIS company has shown by not including the BADDEST SON OF A BITCH WALKING PLANET EARTH! The NEW suplex machine! Jeff Cobb! Just like Reynolds & Silver last week - somebody is going to PAY! WINTER IS COMING! AND so is JEFF COBB with an ASS-KICKING for anyone STUPID enough to get in his way! BEAT HIM IF YOU CAN, SURVIVE IF HE LETS YOU!" - Taz

The footage then fades before a logo flashes as the vignette finishes.

TEAM TAZ - DOJO 13

maxresdefault.jpg

"WE BUILD KILLERS!"

>> COMMERCIAL BREAK <<

dusf5qa-png.42695

Tony Schiavone & Jim Ross welcome the AEW fans back from the final commercial break of the evening as they confirm that they've just heard that Adam 'Hangman' Page will close out the show with his announcement to come. Tony then says that before that though, it's Main Event time! Jim Ross suggesting that two of Mexico's finest will go one on one as the underdog who's made waves here in AEW, Daga! Takes on the daredevil sensation, Rey Fenix! Tony then reminding us that this is a Dynamite Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match where the finals will take place in Texas, at 'Winter is Coming!' this coming December on the 18th LIVE from the American Bank Center!

Main Event Match: Ray Fenix w/ Pentagon Jr vs Daga w/ Konnan - Diamond Ring Tournament Qualifying Match.

Summary:
This match felt like something straight out of Mexico. Daga & Fenix starting the match by shaking hands as Konnan & Pentagon Jr saw over the proceedings as the commentary team reminded us of the history Konnan has with the Lucha Brothers within AAA and that's transcended to here in All Elite Wrestling. As the bell sounded, Daga & Fenix went into action as they exchanged some traditional Lucha Libre action with some some fine displays of athleticism and chain wrestling as the Chicago crowd were locked into the action. Daga & Fenix would risk it all, the reward of qualifying into the next round worth them putting their bodies on the line as they took to the top rope with death-defying aerial ability and suicide dives to the outside, using their bodies as homing missiles against each other as the match clock ticked down. The ending comes with both Daga & Fenix perched on the top rope and jostling for position as Rey Fenix slides under the legs of Daga, pulling his head down with him and then firing up with a SUPER KICK! Fenx then grabbing a dazed Daga into a muscle buster position before bringing him back down to the canvas with a spinning Michinoku Driver II! BLACK FIRE DRIVER!! Fenix then scrambling for the cover as he hooks the legs of Daga and Official Mike Posey counts the pin! One! Two! Three!

Rey Fenix (W) 13:48 Match Time.

"ANNNDDD YOUR WINNER! ADVANCING TO THE NEXT ROUND! REEEEYYYYYYYY! FEEEENNIIXXXXXXXX!" - Justin Roberts

rey-fenix-aew-11.jpg

Chicago cheers as Rey Fenix yells out in emotion after his Main Event win. Pentagon Jr entering the ring ad hugging his Brother are the Lucha Brothers celebrate the moment in the ring. On the outside though and it's a different story for Daga as out of nowhere see's the appearance of Jake Hager & Sammy Guevara of the so-called now Inner-Circle of Chris Jericho as they're beating down on Daga on the outside of the ring. AEW World Champion then Chris Jericho appearing with a cocky smirk across his face as he grabs Konnan by shirt and begins to ask where Cain is?! Jericho telling Konnan to watch as Daga continues to be pummelled into the ground by Hager & Guevara before the Lucha Brothers have seen enough and look to get involved only for security to run down and separate the two teams. Jericho and his Inner-Circle though have the last laugh, Jericho telling Konnan they have a message for Cain.. before Jake Hager strikes Konnan and knocks him down!

Jim Ross & Tony Schiavone calling Jericho and his cronies nothing more than cowards as they know full well that Cain Velasquez isn't here in Chicago at Dynamite tonight. Eventually security are able to get a hold of things but the damage has been done and the message sent as Hager, Guevara and a smiling AEW World Champion in Jericho make their way back up the ramp and to the back as the show takes an in-house break to promote the upcoming Dynamite show followed by the Winter special 'Winter is Coming' and the AEW vs AAA Super-Show 'Guerra de Elite Titanes'

dusf5qa-png.42695

GHOST TOWN TRIUMPH!!

The time has come and Chicago gives one of the largest ovations of the evening second only to their own; CM Punk! As the theme of one Adam 'Hangman' Page blares from the speakers. There's a slight delay before 'Hangman' Page appears from behind the curtain and begins trudging his way down the ramp.

BTS00572.jpg

Weary eyed, tired and he looks defeated but the crowd continue cheering him like he's a hero, perhaps in fear over what this announcement could be mean for AEW's resident 'Cowboy' as 'Hangman' Page draws closer to the ring, picking up a microphone off the top of the steel steps and entering the ring as he takes a moment to soak in the ovation before addressing the Chicago crowd who have patiently waited to hear from him all evening.

"You know.. I-" - Adam Page

"HANG-MAN, PAGE! HANG-MAN, PAGE! HANG-MAN, PAGE!" As Adam Page tried to speak, Chicago took over chanting his name as the 'Cowboy' shook his head, head in his hands, clearly emotional at the occasion before motioning for the Chicago crowd to let him speak as he awaits the noise to simmer down.

"Hangman" says then when he came to All Elite Wrestling with his buddies, the world was his oyster! Page says he finally felt like he had a platform that he had always worked for - no cameos in the back, no being an extra, no being just another guy in a stable - He became the COWBOY! Adam 'Hangman' Page! Adam says how the All Elite Wrestling fans believed in him! And more importantly, he believed in himself too! Page says slightly muttering under his voice.. "Then came All Out" - Page reminding the crowd he was up against Chris Jericho for the chance to become the AEW Inaugural World Champion but that he went into the match less than 100%, carrying an injury but determined it wasn't going to stop him!

Page emotionally sys he gave everything! But it wasn't enough as Jericho won the match, and got the job done. Page then says fast forward and he's at home, recovering, late night gym sessions, early morning rehabs, doing everything he can busting his ass to get back into that ring and get another shot at the World Championship! Page says that's exactly what he did, Revolution! One on one with Chris Jericho! Full health.. it's his time! It HAS to be his time! Adam Page with real anger and frustration in his voice mutters the next line.. "I lose! Once again I LOSE to Chris Jericho!"

Page says he was out of options, a cowboy down on his luck! He turned to the bottle, he tried to drink away his problems when a golden oppertunity would arise and gift me a chance that quite frankly, he's not sure he deserved - A Dynamite Diamond Ring Qualifying match against the 'Bastard' PAC! 3rd time lucky right?! Adam Page sarcastically asks the crowd as they all know the answer as a frustrated and emotional 'Hangman' continues on..

"I.. LOSE! I LOSE.. AGAIN! Chicago, you DESERVE better! AEW deserves BETTER! Look, I've never really been a talker and I'm not trying to start now but I guess what I'm trying to say is.. This isn't an easy decision but AEW, I LOVE you! Thank you ALL for supporting me but I'm don-" - Adam Page

Before Adam Page could finish what he was going to say.. THUD! The 'Cowboy' is struck from behind on the back of a head by a man wielding a bull rope! The man now whipping at Pages' body as the 'Hangman' tries to cover up with each whipping, lashing strike coming down on him. The man now getting down on top of Page and begins to fire away with right hands to the forehead, the man brutally opening 'Hangman' Page who now is busted wide open. The most sickening act is yet to come though as the man picks back up the bull rope and wraps it around the neck of 'Hangman' as he begins to choke the 'Cowboy' lifeless as the Young Bucks come running down the ramp with security following behind them.

The man sees the cavalry arriving as he retreats quickly underneath the ropes and leaps over the crowd barricade. Matt & Nick Jackson surrounding their bloody and beaten friend as they demand security follow the masked figure into the crowd. The masked man then holding up the bull rope which is stained with Adam Page's blood before ripping off the mask to reveal himself as..

Texano.jpg

"Tony, that's.. That's TEXANO JR! What the hell is he doing here, and what was this attack all about?!" - Jim Ross

"You're RIGHT Jim! That's Texano Jr of AAA!" - Tony Schiavone

"GET THIS MAN OUT OF HERE!" - Jim Ross

"Jim, Hangman Page is in a BAD way! Texano has really done a number on him.. but, why? Folks, we're running out of time but we hope to find out some answers next week! Please tune in! LIVE from Garland, Texas! Goodnight everyone!" - Tony Schiavone

All Elite Wrestling then goes off the air with the final scene of a bloody 'Hangman' Page being cared for by medical staff and his friends the Young Bucks as the man revealed to be Texano Jr as fled the crowd with the security in tow behind him

Last edited:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
One thing I do love about your version of early AEW that makes it very different is the AAA influence and also fun people like Chris Brookes (someone I love from my time watching in in Progress). Really helps it feel different in it's own way plus your own version of Hangman's struggles.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
LG4.png

Nice to see this is still going! Let's get into the review...

It's still weird to read this a as project initially based on the idea of Punk joining AEW, which was unthinkable at the time, then during the lifespan of your project, he's not only joined but left and done something even more unthinkable by returning to WWE.

The Punk promo felt very natural, though as mentioned above, you wouldn't be short of Punk promos to watch as inspiration. While Jericho irritates me, I have to remain grounded and remind myself of the timeline of this project. In the early days of AEW, Jericho did feel like a big deal and this feud would have felt like two stars aligning.

Using Sammy as the lackey - for lack of a better term - to add a new layer of tension between Jericho and Punk, helps Guevara in the sense that he's working with these veteran talents. i don't know if you see him as a 'pillar' per se, but even if being the goof that takes the hit, Sammy still feels like a player in the feud. I was surprised by the use of AJ, I don't know whether this was a cameo or whether she's going to play a bigger part in your project but given that she had a foot in the door of the wrestling world with WOW, I wouldn't be opposed of seeing her in some capacity.

I enjoyed the swerve with Scorpio Sky being revealed by MVP as Kaz's opponent. I can't remember if something had happened to Daniels at this point but it would be interesting to see his reaction to it all. I never liked how separate SCU felt in real life in AEW. The MVP and Sky pairing feels natural, Sky isn't the most charismatic man on the roster and MVP just had an edge about him that I think could elevate Sky. I don't know if it will be enough to see him through the whole tournament but I think this feud is the bigger picture anyway. I'm reading this live and I can see Daniels appears in the backstage segment, so kudos for that. I can only assume that Sky is going to get some back up for this be a tag team feud?

Call it recency bias but Takeshita going over is the best call, I also like how he was the BTE wildcard of sorts going over the AEW talent. Angélico is a really incredible talent and it kinda saddens me to see his work in Lucha Underground versus him battling to get onto ROH these days. The fact that he's included in the tournament gives me hope that there's something out there for him but in terms of the Dynamite Diamond Ring tournament, Takeshita just has the edge for me.

To echo Roy's thoughts, I've enjoyed the crossover between promotions in your project (namely AAA). I think when AEW first launched, there was a feeling that there would be this kind of approach as opposed to TK just signing everyone from every promotion (lol). Omega is one of AEW's top talents but using him as the AAA Mega Champion maintains his sense of importance without him having to be in the AEW title picture. Interesting exchange between Omega and Takeshita, perhaps foreshadowing an alliance to come? Good build up to the AAA PPV, I guess my only concern here would be that he's promoting an event on TNT but is it available for a North American audience to watch? Just a small detail - not that I want Kenny to say "available on FITE" but you want the momentum to pique the fans' interest enough to watch the event.

Your AEW version of Decay makes me miss heel Rosemary. The match was what it was, Holidead takes the fall to send a message to the group leader. Shida comes out victorious and looking like a legitimate threat. I think it would be good to see more from Shida, she might not be the strongest on the microphone but I think a lot of her work in this feud has been through matches, while Rosemary's has been through segments, even just an opportunity for them to come face-to-face and interact.

Really enjoyed this additional layer being added to the AAA event with LAX cashing in on their hot streak to challenge The Young Bucks. Proud & Powerful / LAX were such a good tag team but they were always in the background of the Inner Circle. Interesting that the Bucks didn't accept the match there and then, which I imagine won't go down well...

...And I was right, really nice way to fan the flams of the feud but put Chris Brookes over - I didn't see this coming. Much like Takeshita, Brookes being the newstart coming into the tournament and winning against the AEW Tag Team Champion really elevates him from the off and integrates him into the roster.

I love the inclusion of Salina de la Renta, it really adds to the originality of this project and true to character, she's proving to be a divisive character. I loved LU, so the Fénix and Penta storyline is really interesting to me, they make an excellent team but they're also really great as solo competitors. If your plan is to have them both as singles stars, I'd definitely welcome it.

The inclusion of Taya Valkyrie as both the Knockouts Champion and Reina de Reinas Champion would have been big news back then. Much like LAX trying to get their match with the Bucks at Guerra de Elite Titanes, this makes the event feel much less of a singular feature event and more of a fully developed concept, which I really enjoy. I feel like given your booking, it would make sense for Ivelisse or Mercedes to challenge but I'll keep an eye on how that turns out.

Remember when AEW made Joey Janela out to be a big deal? Sure, he wasn't a main event player but his name had some stock and he had that match with Hangman. I like that you've stayed true to the booking style for the time and then added some of your own influences, predominantly the Lucha-based stuff. AND I OOP....maybe Janela isn't going to be a player here either, but Hero is the new shiny toy (quite literally as he's just signed a contract), so it makes sense. I did love Joey pushing for the additional announcement, despite the fact that the Deathmatch title isn't recognised by AEW and wasn't even on the line.

I miss the Team Taz stuff when Taz was an actual part. Cobb just makes perfect sense for this role.

I perhaps would have expected to hear more from Konnan and Daga ahead of this match given their history (which you do point out in the summary) and the fact it was the main event. Daga did feel a little bit of an afterthought compared to previous appearances. However, given the story you're trying to tell, Fénix was always going to get the win and you did give the match some good time. Hager and Guevera's attack on Daga tells me that you haven't given up on him yet. The "where's Cain?" stuff made me chuckle for some reason, although given the exchange between Punk and Sammy earlier in the evening, this felt very separate. I was expecting "The Best in the World" to sieze the moment and play hero.

I really liked the final segment with Hangman, I think you've made him feel like a dynamic babyface, he's not just plucky and happy or generically tough all the time. The appearance of Texano Jr is unexpected, I like him as a talent but to introduce him to this audience by attacking your number two babyface is pretty big. I don't know if this is just for the crossover event or if it'll lead to bigger things but I feel like this is potentially a way for Page to get some momentum back so he can work his way back to the title picture as part of his wider redemption arc.

Well done on persevering through this, always love seeing your work and enjoy the direction this is taking. I feel like you really are giving us an alternative to what we've been used to seeing. I look forward to seeing more of your work soon.

• Love
Reactions: Deco90

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
I like what you have done so far, I am not trying to be annoying but I do find it hard to read the smaller text.

Other then that AWESOME WORK so far

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
AEW-Dark.jpg

Episode Ten - #AEWDARK
YouTube
United Center, Chicago, IL
December 04, 2019

Dynamite ends and so with it the more lit up and polished presentation as the grittier more underground feel of AEW: DARK is LIVE on YouTube from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois! The ever-present voice of DARK, Tony Schiavone quickly welcomes the watching world to episode Ten of AEW; DARK! Schiavone then says how it's his privilege and honour to announce his guest commentator this evening! Executive Vice President and the 'American Nightmare' - Cody Rhodes!

american-wrestler-cody-rhodes-in-suit-tjx8whe1i95ur1p4.jpg

The Chicago crowd pop for the 'American Nightmare' as the sharp-suited Rhodes steps out from behind the curtain before approaching the Commentary desk and shaking hands with Tony Schiavone! Cody thanks Tony for the introduction and says it's a pleasure getting the oppertunity to sit alongside a legend that he used to watch growing up, calling the action on TNT Monday Nights for World Championship Wrestling and now he get's to sit alongside him and call the action too! Tony thanks Cody for his kind words before speculating that tonight know doubt holds even more interest for Cody Rhodes as tonight's Main Event will see the Jurassic Express of Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus vs the Friedman Family! 'MJF' & Alexander Hammerstone!

Cody's facial expression changes at the name of 'MJF' as it quickly highlights that despite Cody being happy to be alongside Tony, perhaps his motives are to get closer to 'MJF' & The Friedman Family as their feud has reached a boiling point. Tony then confirming that this Main Event has come from the exchange that took place on Dynamite last week..

Indianapolis pops for Cody Rhodes who after the victory pulls Jungle Boy up off the canvas and the two men share a hug. Cody holding up the arm of Jungle Boy in acknowledgement that he brought it tonight and was perhaps unlucky. Jungle Boy returning the favour of holding up Cody's arm in victory! While this is going on - The Friedman Family have made their way ringside. Alex Hammerstone has Arn Andersons shirt by the scruff of the neck while Aria Blake is arguing with Brandi Rhodes as the smug 'MJF' now attempts to get the attention of Cody Rhodes.

Rhodes finally turning around and exiting the ring with fire in his eyes as Maxwell Jacob Friedman orders his 'family' to retreat back up the ramp. A few Referees and officials now running down the ramp, keeping both groups separated as 'MJF' takes a microphone out from his coat jacket and appears to want to rile up Cody Rhodes some more.

mjf-mic.jpg

'MJF' talks about Codys victory tonight and calls it underwhelming! 'MJF' now looking at Jungle Boy as both him & Luchasaurus make their way exiting side of the ramp. 'MJF' saying that even the beautiful Aria Blake could beat Jungle Kid or whatever his name is! Jungle Boy glaring back at 'MJF' as Maxwell just smirks, always happy to piss off anyone and everyone!

The footage then fades from the big screen and we're ringside where Justin Roberts is ready to announce the first match of the evening as we see Lee Johnson already warming up in the ring awaiting the debut of his opponent.. 'The Guv'nor' Antony Ogogo!

Match One: 'The Guv'nor' Antony Ogogo vs Lee Johnson

Summary:
As expected, this match was all about the 'Golden Boy' Antony Ogogo, who despite the ring bell sounding - took the time to shuffle around the ring and really make the most of the spotlight being on him, shadow boxing like he was in a sparring session as he completely ignored 'Big Shotty' Lee Johnson who had enough and landed a drop-kick on the chin of Ogogo, knocking him down and sending him rolling out of the ring! The match then continued on, and the drop-kick seemed to have forced Ogogo into taking Johnson more serious. Ogogo for all his talk about being an athlete, changed the match with a show of disrespect and bad showmanship as he would poke the eyes of Johnson before taking him down and unleashing with a flurry of right and left handed shots. The ending of the match then came with Lee Johnson looking to land a Super-Kick on Agogo only for the 'Guv'Nor' to move at the last second, pulling Referee Mike Posey in the firing line! Johnson & Official Posey bumping into each other but no real damage done. However Antony Ogogo would seize the oppertunity, with the Referee's back turned Ogogo reached into his Boxing shorts and pulled out an equalizer that he wrapped across his fists before drawing back and with Lee Johnson now facing him... BANG! A right hook that would level 'Big Shotty' and send him crumbling to the canvas before hooking the legs and covering for the win! One! Two! Three!

'The Guv'Nor' Antony Ogogo (W) - 05:31 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNER! HE IS THE GUV'NOR! ANTOOONNYY! OGOOGOOOO!"
- Justin Roberts

anthony-ogogo-apr-17-b.jpg

Ogogo stands over Johnson as he looks down at his opponent before tapping his right hand knuckles and lifting them up to showcase his "knock out" power as both Schiavone & Cody Rhodes question the legitimacy of the punch. Rhodes suggesting that he seen what he seen but says that he also saw a man that's come from a different sport, different background and in his Pro-Wrestling debut here in All Elite Wrestling - He's picked up a win! by hook or by crook!

AEW; DARK then goes to an in-house commercial break as we see a video hyping up next weeks Dynamite emanating from Garland, Texas!

>> COMMERCIAL <<

4attszb-png.44730

The live footage then returns to AEW; DARK and we are backstage where Chris Van Vliet is stood by with his guest at this time, the former 3x Women of Honor Champion! 'The Gatekeeper' Kelly Klein! Chris welcoming Kelly and thanking her for her time this evening before he asks how Kelly is feeling, moments away from facing Bea Priestly's hand chosen opponent?

Kelly smiles before thanking Chris for the welcome and answering the question. Kelly says the truth is, she is ready to fight ANYONE if it gives her the chance to get her hands on Bea, and HUMBLE her! Klein says that came back to wrestling, she came to AEW because she wants to compete, and she wants to prove she has unfinished business in this industry! Kelly Klein says tonight she's ready to prove why she is the 'Gatekeeper' of Women's Professional Wrestling! Chris then thanks a passionate Kelly Klein for her time as Kelly leaves the set and heads to 'Gorilla' ready for her match.

4attszb-png.44730

Chicago gives a nice warm welcome to 'The Gatekeeper' Kelly Klein as she makes her way down the ramp and heads to the ring as both Tony Schiavone & Cody Rhodes begin to speculate on who her opponent is going to be? Schiavone once more reminding us that the 'Top Gajin' Bea Priestly said if she was face Kelly, then Kelly Klein would need to defeat her hand chose opponent this evening.

R.cf1f3d8108eca7af3d104256c0bd136f

Kelly Kein is now in the ring, and focus is etched across her face as she pops in her mouthguard and bites down on it before motioning for her opponent to come out here and fight.

LAX!!

diamante.jpg

To the surprise of many, Latin American Xchange's own Diamante appears to be the chosen gun to deal the hit to Kelly Klein this evening as Diamante looks ready to go! Kelly equally so as begins to bounce on the balls of her feet ready to fight as the second match of the evening is about to go down!

Match Two: 'Gatekeeper' Kelly Klein vs Diamante

Summary:
From the moment the bell sounded, this match was all about two women with a point to prove! Kelly Klein returning to wrestling from a couple of years away in a new company while for Diamante, perhaps a chance to show that she's been overlooked and is just as good as anyone in the AEW Women's Division! Both women have brought passion and aggression as they battled inside the ring. Diamante & Kelin trading strikes and moves as the Chicago crowd was taking on a close-fought journey till it's conclusion. Diamante planting Klein to the canvas with a rolling cutter before going high-risk! Diamante taking the top rope and looking to land back on to Klein with a SENTON BOMB! Diamante leaping from the top rope, but Kelly moving at the last second as Diamante crashes to the canvas! Diamante popping right back up, holding her back in agony with anguish on her face as turns into a Kip-Up from the 'Gatekeeper' who picked up Diamante and adjusted her attitude with the K POWER!! Klein then dropping down and hooking the legs! One! Two! Three!

'The Gatekeeper' Kelly Klein (W) - 10:21 Match Time.

"ANNDDD YOUR WINNER! SHE IS THE GATE-KEEPER!! KELLY KLEIN!!"
- Justin Roberts

Referee Bryce Remsburg raises Kelly's hands in victory before all attention turns towards the stage..

Blair-d.jpeg

"Congratulations! Congratulations, Kelly! You done it. Well.. Done. Here's the thing, I've kind of changed my mind. You want little ol' me so bad.. don't you? Well, if you really, really, want the match.. Guess, WHAT?! You're going to have to do it ALL AGAIN! NEXT.. WEEK! I've got one more opponent for you! And if you win again - well then I promise, cross my heart and hope to die, that you will get your match, Grandma!" - Bea Priestly

Chicago booing as Bea smirks. Kelly in the ring is clearly frustrated but she knows that ultimately Priestly holds all the cards in this situation because she wants the match. The scene fading with Kelly nodding her head and mouthing that Bea cannot run forever and she will be seeing her real soon.

>> COMMERCIAL <<

4attszb-png.44730

DARK returns from the final in-house commercial of the evening as Tony Schiavone & Cody Rhodes reflect on the action so far and the Main Event to come between Jurassic Express & The Friedman Family! Schiavone then confirms that earlier on Dynamite we had some breaking news from TNA Knockout & AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Taya Valkryie that she would be LIVE in Mexico City, Mexico! And has challenged any female in the AEW Women's locker room to step up and compete. Tony says that following that announcement - some further developments as Chief Brand Officer; Brandi Rhodes! Rounded up the AEW's Woman's Division to discuss the challenge and what's next..

brandi-on-dynamite%C3%B9.jpg

The footage shows Brandi Rhodes in front of the female locker room. The likes of Ivelisse, Mercedes Martinez, Allie, Shanna, Leva Bates & Hikaru Shida among a few to name all present along with the ladies of 'Becoming the.. Elite!' in Kimber Lee, Sareee, Anna Jayy & Lacey Von Erich. Brandi is talking about the challenge made from Taya, and the oppertunity to represent All Elite Wrestling at the AEW vs AAA special; Guerra de Elite Titanes!

Brandi Rhodes says she has spoken with President & CEO Tony Khan and it has been decided that LIVE on Dynamite next week from the Curtis Culwell Center in Texas! Dynamite will open with a Women's Battle Royal where the winner will go on to challenge Taya for the AAA Reina de Reinas Champion at 'Guerra de Elite Titanes' in Mexico City, Mexico!

Cheers and excitement are heard in amongst the crowd before there's a ruckus in the form of the Culture Clique! Aerial Monroe, Savannah Evans & Faye Jackson pushing them through the crowd to the front of the queue before addressing Brandi Rhodes and the female wrestlers directly. Monroe says that that the Battle Royal is already a wrap, because one of them is taking the win, and then they're beating Mexico Barbie and bringing the Championship to America! This causing a shouting match and a mini scuffle as Brandi shouts over the top of everyone telling them to stop, and to save their aggression for next week on Wednesday Night Dynamite!

4attszb-png.44730

Tony & Cody reflect on the announcement from Brandi Rhodes on behalf of Tony Khan and confirm once again that the Battle Royal will take place LIVE on Dynamite! Next week! Cody taking a moment to appreciate his beautiful Wife Brandi and calling himself a very lucky man as the time has come for the Main Event of the evening!

It was over to ring announcer Justin Roberts to announce the Main Event but before the action took place in the ring, all eyes were on the stage and ramp as the Friedman Family taunted and tried to get a rise out of Cody Rhodes on the commentary table. Cody Rhodes at one point having to be held and pleaded with by Schiavone to not get involved as Cody remained professional and called the action in the ring.

Main Event: Jurassic Express vs The Friedman Family W/ Aria Blake

Summary:
Luchasaurus & Alexander Hammerstone stood tall in the middle of the ring as the ring bell sounded. The two giants of the match face to face as Chicago anticipated a real Hoss fight about to go down! And they were not disappointed as the 6ft5 monstrous Dinosaur traded strikes with the 6ft3 'Beef Mountain' Hammerstone. Then it was the turn of Jungle Boy & Maxwell Jacob Friedman. 'MJF' as always showing disrespect and mocking Jungle Boy as dropped to his knees, hands behind his back and offered a first free shot to Jungle Boy like he was a child. Jungle Boy wrapping his first, pulling back and BANG! Rocking 'MJF' across the chin with a right hand strike before mounting him with some ground and pound as Friedman tried to wriggle away, squirming to escape Jungle Boy.

The match rolled on as it went back and forth before Aria Blake at ringside played her part, pushing Jungle Boy off the top rope onto the steel crowd barricade at ringside while 'MJF' distracted the Referee. The outside interference changing the match completely as it was now a 2 on 1 with 'MJF' & Alexander Hammerstone teaming up to take down Luchasaurus as they swung him into the steel steps at ringside before beating him down! The Friedman Family then took to the ring where Jungle Boy was next! Alex Hammertstone picking up Jungle Boy like a ragdoll, before slamming him to the canvas with the.. NIGHTMARE PENDULUM!! The match was done but of course Maxwell Jacob Friedman couldn't help himself, dragging up a lifeless Jungle Boy and then in the middle of the ring.. CROSS-RHODES!! 'MJF' then covering! One! Two! Three!

The Friedman Family (W) - 12:41 Match Time.

"ANDDDDD YOUR WINNERS! ALEX HAMMERSTONE!! MAXWELL JACOB FRIEDMAN!! THE FRIEDMAN FAMILY!" - Justin Roberts

Aubrey Edwards raises the hands of Hammerstone & 'MJF' in the air as Aria Blake joins them in the middle of the ring. 'MJF' then signals for Alex Hammerstone to go and get Luchasaurus who had made it back to his feet at ringside. Back in the ring and Maxwell was looking to put the boots too Jungle Boy when a scream was yelled out from Aria Blake! The scream signalling a nightmare in the form of the 'American Nightmare' who vacated the commentary desk and with security trailing behind him trying to catch him, Cody slide underneath the ropes and got hands on 'MJF' as Chicago POPPED! Rhodes grounding 'MJF' with a takedown and unloading with strikes as the security and backstage personal tried to pull him off 'MJF' as the crowd chanted the name of.. "CODY! CODY! CODY" as Rhodes continued with the strikes!

It was only a few seconds, but for 'MJF' it must have felt like an eternity as the security finally broke Cody's mount, and both Alex Hammerstone & Aria Blake dragged out a busted nosed Maxwell Jacob Friedman as Cody Rhodes was fired up in the middle of the ring! AEW; DARK coming to a close with Rhodes revelling in the small bit of revenge he was able to get tonight with perhaps a sign of things to come. Tony Schiavone thanking the AEW fans for tuning into another edition of AEW; DARK! LIVE on YouTube before wishing everyone a good evening!

1920px-All_Elite_Wrestling_logo_2023.png

Looking Glass

Reaction score
LG4.png

It feels so odd seeing AEW Dark again with how much has changed IRL. I continue to love the direction of this show as a B-show that not only handles the mid-card talent but introduces the newcomers and still manages to drive Dynamite stories forward.

Cody opening the show is a smart move for fans, who would tune in at the start, so it's fan service to give them someone who they'd pay to see. I also like that while Cody isn't wrestling, his appearance adds some purpose to the main event. You don't need to have a whole separate set up for matches that formulate a wider feud but it's nice when they feel like they have a common thread or are at least acknowledged as part of the bigger picture.

I'm a fan of the Guv'nor (or the Bronze Standard), so you'll have no complaints from me here. I think Ogogo is someone who needs a show like Dark to establish himself. He has all the tools but he needs the reps and the exposure before he can move onto bigger and better things. The forearm smash (I assume that's what it is) makes sense, although I feel like you missed a trick to add some prestige and menace to the move by having it as a knockout finish - even if he did have a little assistance.

If only Chris Van Vliet was roaming backstage - I love his work in real life, I wouldn't mind you incorporating that into the shows or special events in some way, especially as Dark is the more experimental brand. I've said it before but I think before all the backstage polictics and controversy, Klein was someone who was rising in the women's wrestling world. Diamanté is an impressive talent (and I'm glad she's part of LAX here and has been given a sense of purpose) but I would have enjoyed some context as to why Priestley had chosen her specifically. Oh Bea, moves the goal posts! Nice little heel move #TheLaborsOfKlein

As a women's wrestling fan, I enjoyed Brandi's announcement (CBO-CBO-CBO). I was curious as to why you had Hikaru Shida as part of the segment given that she's already in the AEW Women's World title picture, I felt this was more of a secondary thing that gave the other ladies a chance to feature. Interesting interaction from Culture Clique, they're still relatively new so I feel like they could do with some more build if any of them were heading to Mexico but I see this as a potential way of generating a storyline for them rather than them winning. I see either Ivelisse or Mercedes Martinez going all the way and challenging Le Wera Loca.

Even though it was on the cards The Friedman Family would win, I like that this was a competitive match and I particularly enjoyed the moments in which MJF patronised Jungle Boy. I really enjoyed the visuals of Hammerstone just rag-dolling Perry around, I think this was a good way to give The FF a solid match but still show their domination. The insult to inury with the Cross Rhodes was also *chefs kiss*. Interesting that you upped the ante by having Cody take to the ring and the two rivals go at it, I think it makes this episode of Dark feel important. I guess security intervened pretty quickly as you mention the exchange only lasted a few seconds but if I were MJF, I'd be pretty p*ssed by brutish buddy didn't attempt to intervene.

A nice little Monday surprise to see this posted, keep it up!

• Love
Reactions: Deco90