AEW 2024: Crunch Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BookerMan

Reaction score

AEW Dynamite: Homecoming 1/10/24
from Jacksonville, FL
Dynamite Banner.png

*Pyro*

*Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Tazz introduce the show*

The show comes on the air with The Butcher and The Blade already in the ring before "Wild Thing" begins to play, and the Blackpool Combat Club contingency of Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson make their way through the rabid Daily's Place crowd as they return from Japan. Mox flexes for the fans before hopping the barricade, The American Dragon trailing just behind before they slide in the ring and get the opening match underway.

The Butcher and The Blade vs Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson
Mox and Danielson take their lumps from The Butcher early, showcasing his dominant strength and ability to withstand strikes even from the likes of the Blackpool Combat Club's leaders. Danielson is eventually able to chop him down with some leg kicks, then deliver his signature "Yes" kicks to The Butcher's barrel-like chest. The Blade tags in and changes the pace effectively, speeding Danielson up and regaining the advantage for his team briefly. However, it becomes clear that Butcher and Blade are outclassed when Danielson manages to escape a vertical suplex attempt and slip behind Blade, tagging Moxley in one fluid motion, then quickly take Blade down on his stomach and look to lock in the LeBell Lock. Referee Rick Knox forces Danielson to break the hold before getting his team disqualified, as Moxley charges across the ring and knocks Butcher off the apron with a forearm. Without missing a beat, The American Dragon sprints towards the ropes and dives between them, running The Butcher into the barricade with a tope suicida. Moxley scrapes The Blade off the mat, essentially incapacitated by the LeBell Lock, and plants him with the Death Rider for the victory.

Moxley and Danielson soak in the cheers from the crowd, getting them off to a hot start while Excalibur mentions how most of Moxley's legendary first AEW Title reign took place in this very building. As BCC clears the ring, the camera sticks on the stage waiting for another wrestler's arrival...

YOU THINK YOU KNOW HIM

Daily's Place erupts once more as Adam Copeland makes his entrance for the first time in AEW's home base. The Rated R Superstar poses on the ropes for the crowd, his face showing sincere appreciation for the reception he's received. Copeland is handed a mic from ringside as he waits for the cheering to subside.

Copeland: I appreciate that Daily's Place, I really do, but I don't know that I'm in the mood tonight. See I needed a week to gather myself after what happened at World's End, and it's still just a little bit hard to grasp. In my entire career, rarely has something stuck in my craw quite like this. And no... I'm not mad about losing the TNT Title. Don't get me wrong, my first taste of gold in AEW is something that I'll cherish forever and it will NOT be my last belt here, but the more I think about what happened last Saturday, the more I realize that the TNT Title wasn't really what I was fighting for.

There's an air of confusion as the intimate crowd in Jacksonville waits for further explanation.

Copeland: I did things in that match that I would only dream of doing back when I had never tasted a major championship before. I put an 18 year old through a flaming table in front of his mother! And I realized that if I had the chance to do so, I would've taken Christian Cage, a man who I've called my best friend for over 40 years, and crushed his skull like a grape between two steel chairs...

Cheers now from the fans, as Copeland looks down at the mat in almost a state of reflection before raising his head towards the camera.

Copeland: ...and he would've deserved it. What Christian Cage has done in the last three months has invalidated any feeling of friendship or any brotherly bond that formed over the time I've known him. Christian Cage being the TNT Champion doesn't bother me, no. The fact that Christian Cage can even walk today drives me up a wall! I'll give Christian credit for one thing, though: he was absolutely right when he said I wasn't going to stop coming for him. I know that coward's not here tonight, but I hope he knows that the next time we share an arena together, winning a match isn't enough anymore. For what he's said about me, what he's said about my family... I'm going to hurt him the way he tried to hurt me.

Copeland goes to leave, but before his music can even start playing, the Don Callis Family exits the tunnel on the stage and unsurprisingly, Don Callis has something to say.

Callis: Not so fast there Adam, what's the big hurry? Don't you want to stick around and take up some more valuable time from all the young studs on the roster? From one Canadian to another, I know your game here. You aren't done with Christian Cage because that's what's comfortable for you. You know that if you got in the ring with a specimen like Powerhouse Hobbs, you'd never be able to wrestle again.

Copeland shakes his head in annoyance, retrieving the microphone he previously discarded and pointing out at Callis and his group from the ring.

Copeland: I've dealt with enough loudmouth dumbasses who run around with young stars who are too good for them since I got here, let's get this over with.

Hobbs starts stomping towards the ring as Copeland takes his jacket off, but Callis steps in front of Hobbs and gets him to stop.

Callis: I don't think so buddy! Not tonight! Not tonight! These ingrates in Jacksonville have watched Powerhouse Hobbs break enough spines to last them a lifetime, we'll give next week's Dynamite crowd the honor of seeing Hobbs put you out to pasture.

Copeland rolls his eyes at Callis, turning around to retrieve his jacket when Callis grabs Kyle Fletcher and shoves him towards the ring to get in a sneak attack on Copeland. The Rated R Superstar isn't fooled, though, ducking a wild swing from the ROH TV Champion and connecting with the Spear! Copeland kneels over a downed Fletcher and looks out at the Callis Family, while Hobbs clearly looks frustrated with Callis' brilliant plan not paying off tonight.

Dynamite heads to commercial and returns with Komander coming to the ring. There's a mood shift from Komander's entrance to the following arrival of Wardlow, who makes his way to the ring accompanied by a hobbled Adam Cole. Wardlow stands across the ring from Komander with his eyes locked on his opponent as Paul Turner calls for the bell.

Komander vs Wardlow w/ Adam Cole
Komander charges Wardlow in the corner right off the bat, landing a couple blows before getting tossed away. This would become a theme in the early going of the match, with Komander landing offense that just appears to sting Wardlow rather than cause significant damage to him. The War Dog has trouble connecting with anything significant on Komander too, though, thanks to his significant speed advantage. Wardlow proves that all it takes is one major move, though, as he manages to catch Komander's attempt at a springboard cross-body and drill him with the F-10. After that, Wardlow finishes the match with three powerbombs, switching it up from the Powerbomb Symphony by not releasing Komander between any of them.

Wardlow flexes his muscles for the jeering Jacksonville crowd, Cole seated on the apron in front of him and yelling into the camera at MJF, telling him that he needs to stay away for good if he doesn't want to be powerbombed through the mat again. Commentary tosses to the backstage area, where we see Renee Paquette standing with Darius Martin, Action Andretti and the new International Champion: Dante Martin.

Renee: First and foremost Dante, congratulations on your massive win last week, winning the first championship of your AEW career. How do you plan on putting your stamp on the International Championship after it gained so much prestige during Orange Cassidy's reign?

Dante: Well first I just want to say that I'm grateful to have beaten somebody as amazing and important to this company as Orange Cassidy to win my first championship in AEW, and it wouldn't be right for me to sit here and babysit the belt after he fought his ass off to keep it week in and week out. With that said, I'm looking for my first challenger. And I can't think of a better place to have that first title defense than right here in Jacksonville on Rampage. So whoever wants their shot, it's time to step up.

Renee: And Darius, as his brother, with the two of you having been through so much in terms of injuries and adversity since coming to AEW, how did it feel watching him become champion last week?

Darius: I just couldn't be prouder of him to be honest. Ever since he got hurt last year, I knew when he came back he'd be bett--

Darius is cut off by the arrival of Prince Nana, Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony. Nana laughing as usual, Cage standing behind him with the ROH Trios Title slung over his shoulder while Nana takes the microphone from Renee and shoos her into the background.
Nana: I couldn't help but hear that Dante said he wanted somebody to "step up" for a shot at the International Title. To me, that sounds like a money opportunity... and the Mogul Embassy don't pass up the money. You'll see Brian Cage on Rampage, my friend.

Nana dances away with Mogul Embassy, singing "we're in the money" as he does. As we return to the arena, Thunder Rosa makes her entrance to an expectedly warm reception, being that this was the venue for her legendary match with Britt Baker. Hikaru Shida gets a similar reaction, thanks to the majority of her first AEW Womens Championship reign taking place in this building. Both women shake hands just after the bell rings to get the match underway.

Thunder Rosa vs Hikaru Shida

A back-and-forth match as you would expect, neither woman is able to take a definitive advantage for the most part. Shida finds some success targeting Rosa's back, a savvy move considering Rosa's back injury kept her out for over a year as pointed out by Excalibur. Rosa fires back with a couple thunderous (no pun intended) strikes that clearly have Shida rattled, punctuated by a huge boot as Shida was coming off the ropes. Rosa's attempt at the Fire Thunder Driver is countered with a Victory Roll that only garners a two count for Shida, and Shida's ensuing try for the Tamashii is ducked under by Rosa, leading to a crucifix pin for a nearfall. When both women return to their feet, they take each other down with dueling clotheslines. As the crowd cheers them on, they get back up and start exchanging forearms, with Shida getting the better of the sequence until Rosa ducks under one and drops her with a lighting-quick Death Valley Driver. Looking to capitalize, Rosa ascends to the top rope and finds paydirt with a huge missile dropkick, and wastes no time retrieving Shida and hitting the Fire Thunder Driver for a crucial victory as Rosa looks to get back in the title picture.

Much like they did pre-match, Rosa and Shida embrace with a handshake. Before either of them can leave the ring, though, Julia Hart and Skye Blue appear on the stage and saunter towards the two exhausted competitors. Skye and Julia are jumped by Rosa as they step through the ropes, but quickly gain an advantage thanks to the numbers game. As they drive Rosa into the corner and begin stomping on her, Shida approaches them from behind, pulling Skye off the pile and dropping her with a wicked forearm. Julia turns to Shida and they exchange strikes, while Thunder Rosa leans under the bottom rope and sneakily grabs Shida's signature kendo stick from ringside. Upon noticing Rosa becoming armed, Skye bails out of the ring and Julia abandons her fight with Shida to get out of dodge herself, narrowly avoiding a swing of the weapon from Rosa. Rosa respectfully hands Shida's kendo stick back to its rightful owner, dueling messages sent from the TBS Champion and her presumptive next challenger.

Dynamite: Homecoming comes back on the air after commercial with Renee Paquette standing in the interview area with Daniel Garcia and 2point0, who receive a big cheer when shown on camera. Renee is beaming as she begins to ask her question.
Renee: Ever since the Continental Classic, it's felt like things have started to take a huge turn for you Daniel, but now it looks like that may have rubbed off on Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ang as they picked up an impressive win on Rampage last week themselves. With all the momentum in the world seemingly building for you guys, where are you looking to go from here?

Garcia: Honestly, my one and only goal is to become the best wrestler in the world, and wherever that takes me is where I'm headed. Whether it's the International Title, the TNT Title, the Trios Titles... hell, maybe even the AEW Title. All that matters is that I don't squander the support I get from the fans and my boys right here.

Renee nods and smiles as she steps in closer to Daddy Magic who looks as crazy as ever.
Renee: And Daddy Magic with how vocal you've been in your support and belief in Daniel, plus getting back in the win column with Angelo, do you think a new life has been breathed into your AEW career?

Daddy Magic: Renee the only thing I can say to that is ABSOLUTELY! Daddy Magic hasn't felt this good in a LONG, LONG time! Through all the CRAP that the last year of my professional life brought me, one thing remained constant: I love THIS MAN (pointing to Angelo) like a brother, and I love THIS MAN (pointing to Daniel) like my son. And as long as I have the two of them, there ain't NOTHIN' that can bring me down. Whatever we have to do to get Daniel to the top of the mountain where he belongs, we'll be right there with him.

Daniel exchanges brotherly handshakes with both Parker and Menard before the three walk off together. When the camera comes back to ringside, Excalibur and Schiavone are moved by the display of friendship we just saw, while Tazz is openly revolted. The animosity on commentary is broken up by the entrances of Jamie Hayter and Nyla Rose, Hayter receiving a huge cheer for her arrival before Aubrey Edwards calls for the bell. Just as the bell rings, though, the music of "Timeless" Toni Storm hits and she comes to the top of the stage, which is situated on hard cam at Daily's Place. Luther follows behind her with a director's chair and sets it up for the AEW Womens Champion to sit in and observe her rival's match in. Toni takes a seat and produces a pair of theater binoculars from her robe, crossing her legs and using the binoculars to look at the ring that's no further than 15 feet from her.

Jamie Hayter vs Nyla Rose

Hayter and Nyla waste absolutely no time to begin throwing bombs at one another, each strike landing harder and louder than the last. Hayter connects with a huge lariat that fails to take The Native Beast down but does stagger her, then Jamie follows with another one that drops Nyla for a two count. This match becomes a certified hoss fight when Nyla catches a charging Hayter with a huge scoop slam and then a big senton for a nearfall of her own. The exchanging of blows continues with Jamie rocking Nyla with a discus elbow that sends her careening into the ropes, only for Nyla to bounce off with a body block that takes Hayter down. Toni Storm can be heard reacting from the stage as Nyla tries to lift Jamie up for the Beast Bomb, but Hayter manages to fight out of it with right hands causing Nyla to put her down. Rose ducks a lariat, but gets caught turning around with an impressive exploder into the corner from Hayter! This puts Nyla on wobbly legs, and Hayter uses the ropes for a running start before catching a stumbling Nyla Rose with a bone-rattling lariat for the victory.

Hayter gets her arm raised, but her gaze is focused solely on "Timeless" Toni Storm who is clapping elegantly for Hayter while the AEW Womens Championship rests in her lap. Hayter leaves the ring and approaches Storm, pointing at the belt as Toni begins to clutch it to her chest. Luther steps in between the two women, as Storm gets out of her chair and shuffles off to the back. Once Nyla Rose is cleared from ringside, "Jane" begins playing and Orange Cassidy comes to the ring to much fanfare. He looks even more resigned than usual, standing in the corner completely disinterested as he waits for his opponent. That opponent arrives in the form of "Pretty" Peter Avalon, who's been seen sparsely since the first year or so of AEW. Cassidy reluctantly removes his jacket, puts on his elbow pad and the bell rings.

Orange Cassidy vs "Pretty" Peter Avalon

Cassidy would normally be able to dominate an opponent like Avalon, but his laziness is cranked up to eleven here. His nonchalant strikes and low effort holds don't phase the AEW original Avalon, who manages to even get a couple of nearfalls with various rollups. Cassidy connects with a dropkick with his hands in his pockets, but fails to kip up afterwards. Regardless, Avalon has a backslide attempt countered into the Mouse Trap for the win for Cassidy.

Danhausen and Trent Beretta come out to celebrate the win with OC, but he doesn't seem interested. Trent puts Cassidy's sunglasses back on him, but rather than giving a thumbs up, Orange just slinks past his best friends to the back. Commentary tosses to the backstage area once again, where Lexy Nair is tracking down Eddie Kingston in the hallway. She stops him for an interview, which he's always willing to oblige.

Lexy: Eddie, last Saturday on Collision you came out of a tough match with Takeshita with your Triple Crown intact. With not just two, but THREE championships around your waist now, do you feel that you're under more pressure than ever?

Eddie, dressed in a Yankees jersey and hat, considers his answer for a brief second before doing what he does best.
Kingston: It all comes with the territory, you feel me? I didn't sign up for professional wrestling thinking it was gonna be easy. I sure as hell didn't put both the ROH Title and the New Japan Strong Openweight Title up for grabs in the Continental Classic because I thought it was gonna be easy. Nah, I do everything I do because I love the grind. I said that when I first debuted in AEW in this very building three years and some change ago, and it ain't changed. I'm carrying three belts because I fight harder than anybody else around here, I hit harder than anybody else around here, and I ain't afraid of nobody. Takeshita, you probably coulda had me and I'm man enough to admit that. Good thing for me you decided to listen to that leech Don Callis, huh?

Eddie lets out one of his signature cackles before straightening his face and getting back into it.
Kingston: I showed everybody when I beat Danielson, I showed everybody again when I beat Moxley, and if you still didn't believe me, I showed y'all again when I beat Takeshita. This isn't a game to me, it never has been. I ain't the last of a dying breed no more, I'm the last of a dead breed, and I ain't going anywhere until somebody puts me in the dirt for good. Holla at me.

Eddie harkens back to a few of his independent wrestling monikers, namely the "Last of a Dying Breed" tagline. The shot returns to the arena as one of Eddie's closest friends, ironically, Penta El Zero M makes his entrance joined by Alex Abrahantes. Next comes Penta's opponent, Swerve Strickland, who is met with raucous cheering and dancing as a vast portion of the live crowd hits Prince Nana's dance.

Penta El Zero M w/ Alex Abrahantes vs Swerve Strickland w/ Prince Nana
Swerve gets outclassed off the bat, foolishly trying to throw chops with Penta who takes his glove off and clatters Swerve with an overhand chop that reverberates through Daily's Place. Swerve and Penta proceed to trade high-octane offense from there, both men landing impactful blows on one another. Penta at one point rocks Swerve's jaw with a gigantic superkick, but his attempt to follow up with a Canadian Destroyer is blocked as Swerve drops down and goes after Penta's leg. Swerve works over the right leg of Penta from there, keeping the luchador on the ground and constantly stomping on the limb. Penta tries to fight back but with his vertical base taken away, Swerve takes control for a stretch of a few minutes. With Penta confined to the mat, Swerve gets a bit greedy in looking to snap the arm of Penta, a hallmark of the latter's moveset. Penta manages to escape by tripping Swerve, then looks to trap Strickland's arm and return the favor, but Swerve is able to scramble to the ropes and take a breather on the floor. This breather is the opening Penta needs though, mounting some offense despite the pain in his right leg. He baits Strickland in, going over the top of a charging Swerve in the corner and connecting with a Backstabber that makes him grab his knee in pain. Penta signals "Cero Miedo" to the crowd before attempting to finish Strickland with the Fear Factor, but Swerve manages to free his arms and grab hold of Penta's injured leg, connecting with a lightning-fast dragon screw leg whip. Taking advantage of the opening, Swerve backs into the corner and sprints out, obliterating a hobbled Penta with the House Call. Flashing a sinister gold-toothed grin to the crowd, Swerve picks Penta up and hits the JML Driver to finish the match.

Nana gloats in Abrahantes' face while Swerve poses on the second rope, soaking in his victory. Excalibur can't help but admit that Swerve should be at the very top of the list of contenders for the AEW World Title after the run he's had the past few months as the show goes to its last commercial break of the night.

Upon returning from break, "The Icon" Sting makes a dramatic entrance for our main event. Bat in hand, The Stinger takes his time with the short walk to the ring, commentary acknowledging that this will be his last time wrestling in Daily's Place. Sting beats on his chest in the ring, firing up the audience as they wait for the entrance of the AEW Champion. Samoa Joe makes everybody wait just an extra beat or two before his music starts playing, and he stomps to the ring with the AEW Championship in his right hand and a towel in his left. As soon as Joe steps between the ropes, he launches the towel at Sting and they get straight into a hockey fight while Bryce Remsburg calls for the bell.

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs Sting

Neither man slows down or backs down from the initial volley of fists, although Sting's attacks start coming in slower and slower while Joe begins to take over. The Samoan Submission Machine backs Sting into the corner, working The Icon's body with strikes before charging in and getting sidestepped. Sting fires up the intimate Daily's Place crowd before charging and connecting with the Stinger Splash! Joe stumbles out of the corner gasping for breath, finding his way to the ropes nearest the elevated stage where Sting clotheslines him out of the ring. The Icon follows, brawling with Joe up on the stage as Bryce Remsburg begins his count. When the count reaches six, Sting goes in and out of the ring to break it, providing Joe an opportunity to fire back on his opponent. Joe sends Sting ricocheting off the ropes violently with a body block, now bringing Sting around ringside and landing some hard shots in front of the audience. Joe breaks the count this time, rolling back out and getting tossed into the barricade by The Stinger. Sting wastes little time ascending the stage, using the space near the entrance tunnel to get a running start and launch himself off the elevated rampway onto the AEW Champion! The crowd explodes as Sting connects, and a fired up Icon picks Joe up and slides him into the ring. Joe is off balance, and he gets taken down with a remarkable spinebuster by Sting! A cover garners only a two count, but Joe quickly rolls to the ropes to get a little recovery time.

When Sting approaches, Joe sneakily thumbs him in the eye and relaunches his own attack, pummeling Sting with a hard forearm to the back of the head that takes him down and a flurry of frantic, unrelenting stomps. Joe picks Sting up only to drive him down into the mat once more with a Uranage, before hitting the ropes and connecting with a Senton. The ensuing cover only gets the champion a two count, but it is close. Joe starts to gain some confidence now, visibly taunting his much older opponent. He starts shouting "SHOWTIME" to the crowd as he walks Stinger to the corner and starts laying in right hands. Finally, Joe connects flush to Sting's jaw, but The Icon doesn't move. He stares blankly at Joe, who looks at him in disbelief. Joe goes to throw another, but this one is blocked and Sting reverses the momentum, tossing Joe into the corner and firing off punch after chop after punch after chop, battering the Samoan Submission Machine to uproarious cheers. Sting gives a signature "WOO" to the fans before getting a serious head of steam and hitting another Stinger Splash, this one sending a wobbly Joe stumbling towards the center of the ring. Joe tries to put his hands up but it's clear his equilibrium is off, as Sting grabs him and plants him with the Scorpion Death Drop!

1... 2... ... KICKOUT!

Just by the skin of his teeth, the AEW Champion lifts his shoulder off the mat, an audible gasp and then sigh let loose by the AEW faithful in Jacksonville. Sting doesn't wallow in the nearfall for too long, though, as he approaches Joe's legs and looks to lock in the Scorpion Death Lock. Joe uses his strong legs to struggle, causing Sting to lean far enough forward that Joe can connect with a closed-fist, straight right hand to the top of Sting's head. The crowd boos as Joe is reprimanded by Bryce, with Joe not even bothering to plead his case as Sting tries to get his wits about him. With Bryce walking over to check on Sting, Joe hurries out of the ring and grabs his AEW Championship belt. He stands across the ring from The Icon, who is leaning against the ropes on one knee while holding his head. Just as Sting begins to turn his head, Joe sprints at him with the championship belt, clearly resigned to a disqualification when Sting turns around and places the bat right under Joe's chin! Joe stops his momentum on a dime, while Bryce confiscates both weapons and Sting begins landing haymakers on the champion. Sting backs Joe against the ropes with furious punches, clubbing on Joe's back as he covers up. Bryce administers a count and eventually pulls Sting away, getting between him and Joe and pushing The Icon towards the center of the ring. Joe then charges, shoving Bryce straight into Sting and sending the two of them to the mat. Sting gets up pretty quickly, but that's more than enough time for Joe to scramble to the corner, grab Sting's bat and crack him over the head with it!

Despite Bryce only being down for about ten seconds, the next thing he sees when he turns around is Joe with an already unconscious Sting in the Coquina Clutch, the evidence tossed to the outside of the ring, and he has no choice but to call for the bell.

A shocked crowd can't believe they just witnessed Sting's first loss in AEW, as Joe holds the Coquina Clutch just a bit longer than he should. With Sting's paint rubbing off on Joe's arm, the Samoan Submission Machine looks down on his defeated opponent in both shock and disgust as he raises his AEW Championship belt. Joe leaves the ring, seemingly to leave the arena, but stops when he notices the bat that he just used to win laying at ringside. Joe approaches the bat and leans down to pick it up, but HANGMAN PAGE's music begins to play! With clearly unfinished business between them, Hangman charges out of the tunnel and sprints at Joe, launching himself off the apron onto the AEW Champion with an elbow that actually bloodies the champion just above his eye. Droves of security and AEW officials pour out of the locker room, separating the two men for the second week in a row as Dynamite goes off the air.

Confirmed for Rampage:
International Championship Match
Dante Martin (c) vs Brian Cage

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Rampage: Homecoming 1/12/24
from Jacksonville, FL
Rampage Banner.png

*Pyro*

*Excalibur, Tazz and Chuck Taylor welcome us to the show*

The first person through the curtain to start the show is Sammy Guevara, who gets a pretty mixed reaction from Daily's Place. He's followed by his opponent, Kip Sabian, who gets straight boos as he comes down the aisle accompanied by his wife "The Superbad Girl" Penelope Ford. Commentary makes sure to mention that Guevara vs Sabian was the first singles match in AEW history, and this is a callback to that.

Sammy Guevara vs Kip Sabian w/ Penelope Ford
Being that this is Sammy's first singles action in quite a while, the match starts off with a slow feeling out process. It ramps up gradually, with Kip making use of Penelope's presence on the outside to gain repeated advantages. Sabian makes it a point to keep Sammy from flying, holding him on the mat with various holds that draw the ire of the crowd. Eventually Guevara fights back, launching himself onto a stalling Kip Sabian on the outside which brings the crowd to life. Trying to capitalize quickly, Guevara slides Sabian back into the ring and tries to ascend to the top, but his foot is grabbed by Penelope from the outside. As he struggles to get loose, Sabian runs up the turnbuckle and cuts Sammy off, landing a superplex for a two count. Not discouraged, Kip sets Sammy up and nails a rope-draped neckbreaker for another nearfall, this time showing frustration towards the official. Sammy throws a couple punches to Sabian's midsection, but none land hard enough to stop Kip from lifting Sammy up in a Torture Rack position, looking to end the match with Deathly Hallows! Sammy lands on his feet, though, ducking a wild swing from Kip and planting him with the GTH. While that should be plenty enough to get the win, Sammy climbs to the top and gives the fans what they want, putting Sabian away with the 630 Splash and picking up the victory.

Guevara gets fired up for the crowd, who still give him a somewhat mixed reception, although warmer than it was before the match. Sabian has Penelope help him to the back, while Chuck Taylor talks about how weird and ugly Kip Sabian is.

A video plays showing an array of overly dramatic shots of Christian Cage holding the TNT Title. Nick Wayne is standing over his shoulder along with Killswitch, who is noticeably further in the background and out of the camera's focus. A voiceover of Cage himself plays... "When I defeated Adam Copeland at World's End, that should've been the end of it. A decisive victory to retain my TNT Title. But I know Adam too well. I knew he would never let me or my family rest until he ruins my life and steals my shine like he always has... and that's why tomorrow night on Collision, you're all going to meet the newest member of The Patriarchy. My new son. Adam, good luck getting me alone in the ring ever again." The camera slowly pans around Cage who laughs smugly before the video fades out. Commentary gives some guesses on who Cage's "new son" may be and announces a few major matches for Collision before Rampage goes to break.

Upon the show's return, The Righteous make their eerie entrance in front of Daily's Place for the first time. Vincent, Dutch and Stu Grayson snap their way to the ring, while Justin Roberts informs us that this is a trios match. Next, the crowd rises to its feet as The Acclaimed make their way to the ring! Max cuts a vicious rap about The Righteous before handing the mic off to Bowens to hit the catchphrases, as the Trios Champions get set for this non-title bout.

The Righteous vs The Acclaimed

The Acclaimed come out like a house of fire but their momentum is squashed quickly when Dutch delivers a monstrous Boss Man Slam to Bowens. From there Bowens is isolated, taking damage from all three members of The Righteous, especially Dutch and Grayson who show some dynamic tag team offense. Dutch puts himself between Bowens and The Acclaimed's corner, but Anthony is able to fight to the tag with a low superkick that takes Dutch to a knee, and another kick to the jaw that brings the big man down. Max Caster is tagged in, darting through the ropes to drop a charging Vincent and Grayson. He goes to the top to hit the Mic Drop on a dazed Dutch, but he has to fight off Vincent when he grabs his ankle, which he does successfully. With Vincent shoved back onto the elevated rampway, Caster diverts the Mic Drop and dives out onto Vincent instead. Dutch takes this time to recover, tagging in Grayson and grabbing Caster and pulling him inside the ring with a biel over the ropes. Grayson tries to scoop the much bigger Caster up for Knightfall as Rick Knox restores order to the match, but Caster rolls out of it with an arm drag and sprints underneath the attack of a charging Grayson to tag in Billy Gunn! Daddy Ass drops Grayson, then charges to the corner and takes down Dutch. Billy continues his offense on Grayson until an enraged Dutch enters the ring, only to catch a kick to the stomach and the Fame Asser from Billy Gunn! As Knox tries to get Dutch out of the ring, Vincent tries to sneak in with a chair, but he's intercepted and dropped with The Arrival from Bowens! Billy adds a Fame Asser on Grayson, followed by the Mic Drop from Caster for a non-title victory for the Trios Champions.

The crowd is happy to see The Acclaimed emerge victorious, with all three members using their pink scissor-shaped belts to have a scissor party in the ring. We then cut backstage, where Lexy Nair is standing by with "Limitless" Keith Lee.

Lexy: Keith, you haven't been cleared for an in-ring return just yet, but after your setback and the cancellation of your match at World's End, Swerve Strickland says he's moved past you, and that you have to earn your way back to a match with him. What do you have to say to Swerve?

Keith: You know it's not exactly something that I have to say to Swerve, but something that I have to remind myself. In AEW, opportunities and matches are not simply given out, they have to be earned. They have to be... taken. And while I'm bitterly disappointed that I never got to finally settle the score with "him"... our day will come, Swerve. But it appears that you've moved onwards and upwards, perhaps even towards the AEW Championship... well I happen to know that once February comes around, so do qualifying matches for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match. That feels to me like an opportunity to be taken. I'll let you do the math on that, Lexy.

The always polite Keith Lee nods to both Lexy and the camera before walking off, leaving commentary to discuss whether or not Keith just announced his intention to qualify for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match, adding that the winner of this year's match will be guaranteed an AEW Championship match in the future. The show fades to its last commercial break before the main event.

Rampage returns to air with the entrance of "The Machine" Brian Cage. With only Prince Nana in tow, Cage has the ROH Trios Championship around his waist and he looks as jacked as ever. He asks the crowd "WHO BETTA?" and ironically, Dante Martin's music starts playing almost immediately. Martin enters with his newly won International Title around his waist, staring down Prince Nana before jumping into the ring and handing his belt off to Aubrey Edwards.

International Championship Match

Dante Martin (c) vs Brian Cage w/ Prince Nana
Dante does an outstanding job out of the gate of avoiding Cage's devastating offense, using his superior speed and growing wrestling knowledge to evade Cage at every turn, responding with his own minor offense when Cage makes a big whiff. Dante can only stick and move for so long, though, before he's caught getting greedy when his springboard attempt ends with him getting nearly decapitated by a discus lariat from Cage. The Machine starts dominating now, showing his strength by throwing the tall, lanky Martin around as if he's weightless. A buckle bomb scores a two count for Cage, who is encouraged to pour the offense on by Nana at ringside. Cage heeds his advice, ashing out an imaginary cigar on Dante's back before lifting him for a powerbomb, but Martin counters with a hurricanrana that sends Cage stumbling into the ropes. This allows Dante to connect on the rebound with a supremely impressive dropkick that takes The Machine down. Dante hits another one that takes a recovering Cage down again, then quickly ascends to the top to hit the Crossover Frog Splash that barely gets a two count. Cage and Dante trade big offense, Dante consistently having to take more risks to inflict damage on Cage than the other way around. It looks as though Martin makes a critical mistake though, when he's caught out of the sky on the Double Jump Moonsault and driven spine-first into the turnbuckle. Cage hands him in the tree of woe and batters him with a dropkick to the face, signaling the end of the match with a throat slash to the crowd. Swolverine picks Dante up for the Drillclaw, but Dante slithers out of it in mid-air and traps Cage in a victory roll! Cage manages to kick out at two, but as they both scramble to get to their feet, Dante connects on a brutal Pele Kick that gets a very close nearfall! Cage is in self-preservation mode now, simply shoving away a charging Dante, then wildly throwing a superkick that Dante easily passes by.

Martin looks to hit Cage with the Half-Nelson Bomb, but the much larger and stronger Cage is able to escape, shoving Martin into the corner and rocking his jaw with a forearm. Wasting no time, Cage seats Dante on the top rope and follows him up, looking to hook him in for either a superplex or an Avalanche Drillclaw. Martin is elusive enough to slip down to the mat and between Cage's legs, grabbing The Machine's head and tucking it beneath the top turnbuckle so he's stuck in a very vulnerable position. As Nana yells out in horror, Dante goes to the opposite corner for a running start, and launches from halfway across the ring with a dropkick to Cage's posterior, jamming his head and neck into the buckle! Cage falls to the mat writhing in pain and grabbing his neck, which allows Martin to connect with the Double Jump Moonsault and hook both legs to retain his title!

Nana is openly angry on the outside as Cage rolls out to see Doc Sampson. Dante celebrates with a surprisingly hot crowd for it being such a long night of wrestling, bringing his title around ringside and celebrating with the fans as Rampage goes off the air.

Announced for Collision:
Bryan Danielson vs Malakai Black
Ricky Starks and Big Bill vs Men of the Year

Julia Hart vs Kiera Hogan

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Collision 1/13/24
from Norfolk, VA
Collision Banner.png

Collision kicks off as it typically does with cold open promos from several of the combatants on tonight's show.

First we see Ricky Starks and Big Bill, who compete against Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, the Men of the Year, who recently reunited at ROH's Final Battle PPV. Starks and Bill look confident, the AEW Tag Team Titles slung over their shoulders as the stylishly-dressed Starks addresses the camera.

Starks: That's right Norfolk, the tag team champs are in action tonight! And I know you're all so excited to see Big Bill and Stroke Daddy do what we do to Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky tonight, but I don't think either of us are afraid to admit that we're looking right past both of them tonight. Y'all heard us last week, we got bigger fish to fry! That isn't taking anything away from Page or Scorpio, but we're focused on YOU, Sting and Darby! We told you both that once you were healthy enough to compete, a shot at these AEW Tag Titles are waiting for you, and we meant it! But after what Samoa Joe did to the both of ya' the last couple weeks, I guess it's only fair that we get in the ring ourselves tonight.

The tag team champions share a brief laugh before vacating the shot which switches over to Daniel Garcia with 2point0 flanking him.
Garcia: Back at it again, you know? Tonight they got me wrestling somebody who I was in a very similar position to once upon a time: Lee Moriarty. Unfortunately for him or luckily for me, however you see it, I had the support system to progress myself through AEW the right way. I know that Lee is every bit as good a wrestler as I am, but I've gained so much knowledge and experience in the last three years, there's no way Lee can derail me from getting to where I need to be in this company.

Next we see DG's opponent for this evening, "TAIGASTYLE" Lee Moriarty with ROH's massive Shane Taylor standing over his shoulder. Lee pulls off his entrance mask to begin his promo.
Moriarty: They showed me what you had to say about me earlier, Daniel, and I pretty much agree. I didn't get hand picked and dragged to relevancy by Chris Jericho. I never had two guys like 2point0 to teach me everything I was doing wrong and hold my hand through my career: but I didn't need all that. See while you build yourself up and climb the ladder in AEW thanks to your "parents", I'm running with the best fight team going today, forging myself in the fire of competition. Just so happens that tonight, you're that competition. See you out there.

Lee pops in his mouthguard before the shot transitions to Hangman Page, who gets a loud cheer from his hometown Virginia crowd.
Hangman: As great as it feels to be back in Virginia, I just wish I was in a bit of a better mood. I mean, you guys saw it: I've spent the last two weeks waiting until after his matches to get some revenge on Samoa Joe, purely out of respect to Darby and Sting. But that's through. If Joe were here tonight, I'd be getting him back for what he had The Devil's Kingdom do to me last month. But he's not, so I'll settle for the next best thing: Mike Bennett, you can bring as many guys in matching tracksuits as you want, just know that anybody who so much as lays a finger on me is leaving Norfolk in an ambulance.

Hangman storms away to more cheers before we finally see Bryan Danielson, donning his eyepatch and peacefully meditating as the camera approaches. His eyes stay closed as he begins his promo but they open after a sentence or two.
Danielson: Malakai Black, I have nothing but admiration for your work as a wrestler and honestly, I don't really take issue with your motivations or tactics outside the ring. Here's what I have issue with: a professional wrestler as talented as yourself not being further ahead. I know it's not an issue of ability, I know it's not an issue of intelligence. What I think is that you're lazy, and nothing pisses me off more than laziness. For all the hours, the blood, the sweat, the tears, the injuries, the pure pain and agony that I've poured into this business... for you to waste your time and talent running around with hardcore bands and practicing your little rituals makes me sick. Of course tonight I'm trying to beat you, and I know I will, but I think this match has an even greater purpose for both of us. Hopefully, after I've kicked your head in and put you out with the LeBell Lock, you can dedicate yourself to becoming the wrestler you're supposed to be before it's too late.

Danielson returns to his meditation as the Elton John song "Saturday Night's Alright" begins to kick in and the show's opening video plays. Ian Riccaboni, Tony Schiavone and Nigel McGuinness welcome us to Collision, and the show wastes very little time getting into the action as Daniel Garcia begins his entrance accompanied by Matt Menard who joins commentary and explains that Shane Taylor Promotions requested Garcia only have one person accompany him for his match rather than both 2point0 members. Next out is "TAIGASTYLE" Lee Moriarty, joined by the aforementioned Shane Taylor.

Daniel Garcia w/ Matt Menard vs Lee Moriarty w/ Shane Taylor
As one would expect, this match begins with a lot of chain wrestling and a lengthy feeling-out process as the wrestlers exchange grappling sequences that are broken in a stalemate to cheers of acknowledgement from the crowd. Neither man really grabs a distinct advantage at any point early, but Lee does manage to start wearing down Garcia's left shoulder near the middle portion. Lee drapes DG's arm over the top rope and jumps off the apron while holding it, hyperextending the arm and sending Garcia to the mat writhing in pain. From here, Lee lays on the punishment, keeping Garcia on the mat with an array of holds and strikes targeting the injured arm. The crowd cheers Garcia to his feet, where he lands a couple big strikes with his non-dominant arm before getting one ducked, leading to him being clobbered by Lee Moriarty using the Pepsi Twist! This draws a two count as Shane Taylor on the outside encourages Moriarty to put his opponent away. Lee looks to oblige, attempting the Back Suplex Facebuster to set up the Border City Stretch on the injured shoulder, but Garcia escapes and hits a quick but effective Saito Suplex before getting to his feet and firing up. Garcia gets the better of the next exchange as the crowd gets rabid, but his Backdrop Driver attempt is blocked and he's wrangled to the mat and locked in the Border City Stretch! Moriarty tries to keep Garcia away from the ropes as both the fans and Daddy Magic on commentary openly beg for Garcia to make it there. He's unable to, but he manages to gather enough momentum to roll Moriarty up for a two count but force him to release the hold. As both men get back up, TAIGASTYLE charges with a pump kick that's ducked under, seamlessly transitioning Garcia into the Backdrop Driver with a picture perfect bridge for the three count.

Despite a very strong showing from Moriarty, Menard leaves the desk to celebrate the win with his protégé. Daddy Magic raises Garcia's hand while Shane Taylor calmly gives Lee Moriarty some coaching pointers while they leave up the ramp and the show goes to its first break.

Upon Collision's return, we see Claudio Castagnoli coming to the ring for a match. He's accompanied solely by Wheeler Yuta, as commentary notes that Moxley is in California competing at New Japan's Battle in the Valley tonight. Next out is Matt Sydal, the veteran getting a nice unexpected ovation before he enters the ring and stands across from Claudio, clearly giving up at least eight inches in height to his opponent.

Claudio Castagnoli w/ Wheeler Yuta vs Matt Sydal
As soon as the match begins, Sydal tries to chop down the tree that is Claudio Castagnoli with repeated kicks to the legs. Once he has Claudio down on a knee, he looks to springboard off the middle rope with an attack but he's caught out of the air with a massive European Uppercut that gets a nearfall despite it being Claudio's first offense of the match. The Swiss Superman takes over from there, keeping Sydal at bay by using his size advantage to weigh down and lean on his more agile opponent. Claudio whips Sydal from corner to corner then follows up with a running European Uppercut that crumbles Sydal. As Claudio continues to decimate his opponent, he slows the pace down and locks Sydal in the Sharpshooter, taunting to the crowd the whole time he has Sydal trapped. Remarkably, Sydal manages to crawl to the ropes and grab the bottom rope, breaking the hold. Claudio approaches Sydal on the ground and grabs his legs, pulling him up presumably for a slam, but he's caught with a headscissor takedown! Claudio scrambles to his feet where he's smoked by a jumping knee strike from Sydal! With Claudio down, Sydal ascends to the top rope and takes Castagnoli down once again with a Meteora off the top rope! Sydal now ascends the ropes again, measuring Claudio for the Shooting Star Press, but Claudio rolls out of the way and Sydal rolls through to avoid faceplanting on the canvas. With both men back on their feet, Sydal charges Claudio and is launched high in the air, obliterated by Swiss Death on his way down. Claudio quickly scoops Sydal up and plants him with the Ricola Bomb to put the match away.

As Sydal gets helped to the back, Claudio and Yuta grandstand for the crowd before they're interrupted by the music of "Switchblade" Jay White. White stands at the top of the stage accompanied by The Gunns, microphone in hand.
Switchblade: Claudio, Claudio! What an impressive win! If only you could teach Yuta to wrestle like that, maybe he wouldn't have fallen victim to the Blade Runner last week. Or maybe I'm wrong, because we all know that nobody is immune to the Blade Runner... just ask Jon Moxley. And since I've beaten Moxley and Yuta in singles matches over the past month, I figured I might as well finish the collection... so next week Claudio, you can bring whoever you want to stand in your corner. I'll bring the Bang Bang Gang, and I'll add you to the long list of wrestlers who didn't have the wind to breathe... with the Switchblade.

White's music hits once more as commentary offers opinions on the challenge laid out not only to Claudio but seemingly to the entire Blackpool Combat Club from Jay White. Backstage, we see shots of Hangman Page warming up for his match, followed by Mike Bennett and Matt Taven doing the same. When the camera returns to the arena, Billie Starkz makes her entrance for a match against Ruby Soho. Billie is received well by the crowd, while Ruby gets a mixed reaction upon her arrival.

Billie Starkz vs Ruby Soho

Billie and Ruby begin the match with a handshake while Ian Riccaboni makes light of their long student/mentor relationship on commentary. Ruby outclasses Billie early, taking the match down to the mat and keeping her youthful opponent from mounting any explosive offense. Billie uses the crowd's encouragement to work back to her feet, landing some big strikes and taking Ruby down with a snap suplex. Starkz goes on the offensive from here, targeting the back of Ruby Soho with slams and strikes rather than the holds Ruby employed earlier. Ruby throws some hard forearms of her own, leading to a surprisingly vicious exchange with Billie as neither woman holds back on one another. Finally, Ruby lands one that drops Billie to her knees, where Soho connects with a Hurricanrana Driver that nets her a two count. Ruby gets Billie back up and whips her across the ropes, ducking a presumed attack and getting caught with a Yoshi Tonic from Billie Starkz! This leads to a very close nearfall, as Ruby scrambles to get back to her feet and gets rocked by another forearm from Billie. Starkz fires up, getting some noise out of the crowd before hooking Ruby's arms and looking to hit the Boat Driver. However, Ruby manages to step through the hold, freeing one of her arms and using it to capture Billie's wrist, transitioning fluidly straight into No Future for a three count.

Ruby is clearly exhausted, showing the effects of the hard-fought match with Billie. She helps her former protégé up, then raises her arm for the audience before leaving the ring before Collision goes to commercial.

When the show returns to the airwaves on TNT, Ricky Starks and Big Bill make their entrance carrying the AEW Tag Team Titles. They're followed by the recently reunited Men of the Year, Ethan Page and Scorpio Sky, who are returning to AEW tag team action for the first time in nearly two years.

Ricky Starks and Big Bill vs Men of the Year
Ricky and Bill's earlier statement that they were looking past their opponents proves costly early, as Page and Sky send both of them out of the ring with clotheslines in stereo. Scorpio follows this with a huge plancha over the top rope, crashing down onto both tag team champions. Sky rolls Ricky into the ring and tries to follow with more offense, but Ricky thumbs him in the eye and rolls out of the ring to regroup with Big Bill, clearly deciding they need to take Men of the Year more seriously. Ricky gets back in the ring and gets punched into the corner by Scorpio before baiting him in and pulling him by the tights so that he lands face-first into the top turnbuckle. Ricky and Bill gain the advantage from that point, isolating the former TNT Champion and cutting him off from his partner. Sky finds some daylight when a big boot in the corner from Big Bill is evaded, crotching Bill on the top rope and allowing Scorpio to scramble to the corner and tag in Ethan Page, who gets in some licks on Bill as he tries to free himself from his predicament. Page catches an intervening Ricky Starks coming into the ring with a huge back elbow that takes him down, then continues his onslaught on Big Bill. Bill covers up from Page's relentless punches and retreats to his corner where a recovering Ricky Starks tags himself in. With Page battering Bill, Starks sneaks in and rolls All Ego up for a two count. Ethan Page looks to set Ricky up for Ego's Edge, but Bill pulls his partner out of harm's way and they begin to double team Page. Before the referee can break this up, Scorpio Sky comes into the ring and throws Big Bill out to the floor, following him with a "house show dive" that gets himself caught out of the air by the towering Big Bill. Bill gets a running start and rams Scorpio back-first into the ringpost, while in the ring Ethan Page once again has Ricky up for Ego's Edge! Ricky wiggles out this time, landing behind Page and shoving him forward towards Big Bill as he slides into the ring and destroys Page with a Big Boot! All Ego is clearly out cold, but Ricky ascends the top rope and lands a Coffin Drop on Ethan Page for the victory, clearly taunting Darby Allin.

As Ricky and Big Bill celebrate their non-title victory by showing off the AEW Tag Team Titles, Tony Schiavone appears behind them with a microphone in hand. They wait for their opponents to be cleared from ringside and the music to calm down before Schiavone asks a question.

Schiavone: Ricky Starks, Big Bill, another impressive win for the two of you as you clearly have your eyes set on a bigger challenge for your AEW Tag Team Titles.

Bill: That's right Tony, the only way that Ricky Starks and Big Bill are headed, is UP.

Big Bill points towards the rafters as he says this, before Ricky steps towards the microphone while nursing his wounds from the match he just wrestled.
Starks: Tony Schiavone, you know better than anybody else what I've been through in this company and overcame. Pro wrestling is a sport of ups and downs, hell, so is life. Did I beat Chris Jericho? Yes, yes I did. Did I survive a tag team partner turning on me and trying to rip my head off to become AEW Tag Team Champion? Yes, yes I did. But ever since I showed my pretty face in this company there's been two annoying, PAINFUL thorns in my side: Darby Allin and Sting. But here's a couple differences from the last time I got in the ring with you two... first off, I ain't NEVER had a partner as big, strong and dominant as my boy Big Bill. Second off, neither one of you has stepped up and gone toe-to-toe with the new Ricky! The old Ricky wanted everything to be easy. The old Ricky was afraid to make a mistake. The old Ricky had too much respect for Sting to break him in half with the Spear! But the old Ricky and the new Ricky don't even have each other's phone number. It's a new year, it's a new Ricky Starks, but whenever the two of you step up and accept our challenge, there ain't gonna be no new tag team champs.

Ricky and Bill raise their belts once more but they're interrupted as a video begins playing on the tron, showing the interior of the hallway in a run-down hospital. Lights flicker as the camera enters a room, where Darby Allin is laying on a hospital bed wearing the same gear and ruined facepaint that he was wearing when Samoa Joe laid him out on Dynamite: New Year's Smash. He has an IV hooked into his arm which he pulls out and stands up from the bed, exiting the room and skateboarding down the dingy hallway. As he reaches the front door of the empty hospital, the automatic doors open and he steps out where a black car is waiting. He opens the passenger door to reveal Sting in the driver's seat. Sting looks past Darby and into the camera, before shouting "BOYS, NEXT WEEK... IT'S SHOWTIME!" Darby then enters the car, closes the door and both Darby and Sting drive away.

When the camera goes back on Ricky and Big Bill, Ricky has a huge smile on his face and he's nodding in approval, knowing that his chance to get a win on Darby and Sting is only seven days away. While commentary gives their thoughts on the match just set for next Saturday, Ricky and Bill clear the ring. Once Tony Schiavone rejoins the commentary table, ROH Tag Team Champion Mike Bennett comes to the ring accompanied by his partner Matt Taven and Roderick Strong. The next man through the curtain is "Hangman" Adam Page, who gets a monstrous response in his home state.

Mike Bennett w/ The Devil's Kingdom vs Hangman Page

Continuing a recent trend for him, Hangman is absolutely not playing around once the bell rings. He charges across the ring, battering Bennett with a number of hard strikes and a fallaway slam. Hangman gets on the apron to go for the Buckshot early, but Matt Taven diverts Paul Turner's attention which allows Roderick Strong to yank Hangman down and deliver a vicious backbreaker to him on the apron. Bennett uses this help to go on the offensive for a few minutes, even getting a nearfall on Hangman following the Death Valley Driver. Hangman is able to shake out the cobwebs, though, mounting an impressive flurry of offense on not just Bennett. He takes Bennett down with a discus forearm, then plants him with a Deadlift German Suplex. Rather than covering, though, he sprints out to the apron and drops Matt Taven with an Orihara Moonsault to the outside! He gets on the apron to measure Bennett for the Buckshot, but Roderick Strong grabs his leg once more, this time receiving admonishment from Turner. Strong releases his grip due to this, and backs away a couple steps as his distraction allows Bennett to charge at Hangman with an attack. Hangman is ready, though, clocking Bennett with a hard forearm and finishing the Buckshot for the victory.

Roderick Strong charges into the ring as soon as the bell rings, looking to do some damage to Hangman who's already on the outside of the ring drinking a fan's beer. Strong decides against going after Page, instead tending to the ROH Tag Champions who just took a beating from a vengeful Hangman. Riccaboni mentions that Hangman seems hell bent on getting back at Samoa Joe before the shot fades to yet another vignette.

The shot fades up to show HOOK standing in the ring at the former FTW Dojo once again, FTW Championship still dangling in his right hand at his side. Rather than ring gear, HOOK is wearing a black puffer jacket over a gray hoodie, with the hood up. The camera focuses on his face as he intensely stares down the lens. "The FTW Title has been on the backburner for too long. I know that if I wait for somebody to challenge me, I'll be waiting all week. So this ain't an open challenge. This is the FTW Invitational. Jay Lethal, I've known you almost my whole life. I'll see you Wednesday." The HOOK logo from his titantron flashes over his face on the screen before the show fades out to commercial break.

When Collision returns, Christian Cage makes his way to the ring with "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne and Killswitch at his side. He stands in the center of the ring, Wayne on his right and Killswitch on his left as he begins to speak.

Cage: Before any of you annoying virgins... I mean VIRGINIANS get any ideas, I've already been assured that Adam Copeland is at home preparing for his match with Powerhouse Hobbs on Dynamite. Which is good for me, because that means I should finally get some uninterrupted time to introduce all of you to my newest son. You see, when it comes to a happy family like The Patriarchy, I always say 'the more the merrier'. Because even though I've already got an amazing son like "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne, there's always room to add a second.

Killswitch looks dejected over Cage's shoulder, but he doesn't even receive a glance from the TNT Champion.
Cage: As a matter of fact, my new son was personally approved by Nick. He's one of the best young competitors in independent wrestling today, and with my guidance and the support of The Patriarchy, I have no doubts in my mind that he and Nick will take over the tag team division in no time. So without further ado, please welcome JORDAN OLIVER!

Independent wrestler Jordan Oliver enters the arena to Christian Cage's music. The tall, lanky athlete is wearing a Patriarchy t-shirt, a bandana tied sideways around his head. He enters the ring and daps Nick Wayne, then hugs Christian. He stands in front of Killswitch, who is nudged into the background by the dismissive hand of Christian Cage. Christian continues to talk while a mildly confused crowd waits to hear what he has to say.
Cage: That's right, ladies and gentlemen. In addition to the TNT Championship, it's only a matter of time before The Patriarchy has the AEW Tag Team Titles in our possession as well. Because with the strength of these two young athletes in my corner, there's no way that Adam Copeland or anybody else is taking this away from me any time soon.

Cage raises the belt above his head, posing with his group at near full strength when Daniel Garcia's music begins to play! Despite wrestling earlier tonight, Garcia and 2point0 brazenly walk down the aisle and stand across from The Patriarchy, snatching the microphone from Christian who has Killswitch fetch him another.
Garcia: I'm not here to mess up your guys' moment or anything, I mean that. I know Jordan, and I know how great of a wrestler he is. But all I'm saying is that I heard something at the end of your little speech that didn't sit right with me. You said that there's no way anybody can beat you for the TNT Title? Well I think we should put that to the test with a title match.

The crowd audibly cheers Garcia's insinuation, as Cage looks around semi-frantically.
Cage: You know Daniel, I'm impressed with the roll you've been on recently, I'm impressed that you had the balls to come out here and challenge me, hell, I'm even impressed by your dance. But the fact is that even though you've strung a couple wins together, you still haven't done anything worthy of a shot at the TNT Title. I mean, c'mon. You only got 3 points in the Continental Classic! I wasn't even in the damn thing and I almost outscored you!

Garcia raises the microphone as if he's about to respond, but an incensed Daddy Magic snatches the mic and gets forehead-to-forehead with Christian.
Menard: You self-important, narcissistic bastard! If I have to sit by and listen to one more person tell Daniel that he isn't good enough for something that he's rightfully earned through his own hard work, I'm gonna lose my MIND! You're either giving Daniel the TNT Title shot he deserves, or you'll have to look over your shoulder for more than just Adam Copeland.

Cage stands tall over Menard, not laughing off his threat but clearly not taking it that seriously.
Cage: That's real cute Danny, you brought your parents to stick up for you, but it doesn't change what I already said. I have an idea, though. How about your parents, face my kids this Wednesday on Dynamite. 2point0 versus my boys, THE EAST WEST EXPRESS!

Menard is seething, but he nods to accept Christian's challenge while Garcia tries to calm him down. Garcia points at Cage telling him that he will get his TNT Title shot eventually before the segment ends and we get a few looks backstage at the warm-up routines of both Bryan Danielson and Malakai Black for our main event. After commentary gives a few insights on Jordan Oliver's credentials in independent wrestling, Malakai Black's entrance begins. He's accompanied by the entire House of Black, including the TBS Champion Julia Hart. He seats himself in the center of the ring and removes his mask, when Bryan Danielson's music begins playing. Going it alone without his BCC compatriots, The American Dragon stands across the ring from Malakai, his words about "wasted potential" from earlier tonight undoubtedly still ringing in Malakai's ears.

Malakai Black w/ House of Black vs Bryan Danielson

Both men are cautious at the beginning, circling around each other and throwing calculated strikes at the midsection and legs of their opponent. Danielson catches a kick from Malakai and trips him, taking him to the ground and looking to lock in a submission. Malakai scrambles to the ropes instantly, looking up at Danielson as he takes all four seconds to relinquish his grip on Black's leg. Danielson smiles at his opponent, clearly believing that he successfully got into the head of one of AEW's premier users of mind games. As the match continues and neither man establishes a distinct advantage over the other, Danielson starts to show off a bit. He uses his superior mat wrestling ability to tie Malakai up, manipulating his joints and ligaments to cause Black to scream in pain. Danielson makes an uncharacteristic mistake, though, when he lets Malakai out of a bow-and-arrow hold and gets caught with a bicycle knee that knocks him out momentarily, getting a nearfall for Malakai. House of Black's leader keeps on the offense, battering Danielson's already battered body with kick combinations and well-targeted strikes to the midsection. Finally, Malakai wears The American Dragon down and reaches for his protective eyepatch. As Danielson struggles to keep the eyepatch from being removed, Malakai reveals his actual plan and sweeps Danielson's legs, sending him crashing to the mat. Malakai gets a two count off an ensuing German Suplex, clearly in control of this match at this point. After a couple more minutes of unrelenting offense from Black, Danielson starts to fire up and really lay in some hard chops to Malakai's chest. An attempt to shut Dragon down with the Black Mass is expertly ducked under by Bryan, who wastes no time to catch Malakai in the regalplex! Danielson gets the crowd behind him now, lining Malakai up for the Busaiku Knee to put the match away, but Malakai ducks into the ropes as soon as Danielson charges him. Bryan stops his momentum, then hooks Black's arms and hits him with a bridging tiger suplex for a two count! Danielson starts laying in kicks to the chest of a kneeling Malakai when Julia Hart gets on the apron to distract the official. Veteran that he is, Danielson recognizes this and uses the distraction to land a suicide dive to both Buddy Matthews AND Brody King on the outside!

When Danielson speeds back into the ring, though, he's drilled by BLACK MASS! Malakai collapses into the cover, failing to hook the leg which allows Danielson to drape his leg over the bottom rope to break the count at two. Malakai is beside himself for a brief moment, but he gathers his thoughts and picks Danielson up, measuring him for another one. This proves costly, though, when Danielson ducks the kick and spikes Malakai with a german suplex. From there, Danielson grabs wrist control on his opponent and stops his chest and face to oblivion, then locks him in the LeBell Lock! Malakai's face is obscured by the inescapable grip of Danielson's hands, but you can still tell it pains him more than anything that he has no choice but to tap out, which he does.

Danielson has his arm raised in victory and looks as smug as ever, going to the middle rope and firing up his adoring fans. Behind him, Brody King and Buddy Matthews enter the ring, standing right in front of him when he turns around. It looks as though Danielson will be attacked by the House of Black, but Malakai stands up and puts a hand on each of Brody and Buddy's chests, leading them out of the ring and following them to the back. Danielson continues to celebrate as Collision fades to black.

Confirmed for Dynamite:
"The Rated R Superstar" Adam Copeland vs Powerhouse Hobbs

FTW Championship Match
HOOK (c) vs Jay Lethal

2point0 vs The East West Express

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
PRO WRESTLING NEWS AND NOTES
- A few debuts took place over the weekend, most notably Mustafa Ali in New Japan Pro Wrestling and both Ash by Elegance and Nic Nemeth in TNA. TNA’s Trinity is said to be on the way back to WWE, as well as Andrade El Idolo. There’s been no concrete update on the contract status of free agent Mercedes Moné, but it is widely believed that she will be AEW bound any day now.

- With Revolution’s ticket sales already through the roof for Sting’s last match, it’s said that AEW hasn’t felt much pressure to announce the card as early as they might with other PPV events. They are looking to give something substantive to as much of the roster as possible in terms of story and television time, and who they feature on TV in the lead-up to Revolution will say a lot in terms of who they value as the future of the company moving forward.

- In terms of updates on AEW wrestlers currently not featured on television due to injury or other reasons, we’re told that Jack Perry could be brought back to TV any day now. Keith Lee was on Rampage for an interview this past week but is yet to be cleared by AEW’s medical staff. Rey Fenix is nearing a return but still likely a month or two away, and we haven’t been able to get an update on PAC or Mark Davis’ status.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Just spent some time catching up to speed with this BTB, and I gotta say, I really like what you're producing here.

First and foremost I really like the way you represent the talent in promos. You capture many of the little mannerisms of the wrestlers very well. Love reading your work with guys like Kingston, Cage, Starks and Cole.

I like the storylines you're building with Joe, as well as Starks and Big Bill versus Darby and Sting, Switchblade versus BCC and Don Callis' various beefs. I think you've chosen some really interesting paths for a lot of the talent post-World's End.

Also, I dig the naming of The Devil's Kingdom. Like it a lot more The Undisputed Kingdom personally. And I enjoy you brining Men of the Year back up to AEW TV. Jordan Oliver as the newest addition to The Patriarchy is over with me as well.

As far as some of the off-screen things, I do have to disagree with the release of Harley Cameron and Serena Deeb, I think both definitely bring a lot to the table, but if you don't have any motivation to use them, then I can't really argue with it. I have no issue with cutting back on Jericho and Saraya at all however.

Looking forward to more from you brother.

Reactions: BookerMan

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite: 1/17/24
from North Charleston, SC
Dynamite Banner.png

Before any pyro can play or commentary can introduce the show, Hangman Page storms to the ring. He grabs a microphone while a bewildered commentary team says he's not scheduled to be out here. Hangman paces around the ring before beginning to speak.

Hangman: Joe! I've waited long enough for a real fight with you. I don't want any security, no referees... all I want is to beat the hell out of you! Get your ass out here and come ge-

Hangman can't even finish his sentence before Samoa Joe's music hits, and he comes to the ring wearing jeans and a t-shirt, rapidly taping his wrists and hands as he paces around the outside of the ring and grabs a microphone.
Joe: If you really want an uninterrupted fight, how about we bring a referee out here right now and have ourselves a match?

Hangman nods his head while Joe rolls into the ring. Referee Bryce Remsburg sprints down the ramp and slides in himself, calling for the bell to get the match underway.

Hangman Page vs Samoa Joe

Rather than locking up, both Joe and Hangman skip the formalities and get straight into throwing bombs, Hangman getting the better of the exchange and driving Joe into the corner. Remsburg breaks both men apart, and before they can go back to brawling...

WHOSE HOUSE?

Swerve Strickland strides out from the tunnel alongside Prince Nana. Swerve is laughing deviously, his gold teeth showing as he carries a chain around his neck resembling the one he choked Hangman out with back at Full Gear. Swerve and Nana stride towards the ring, grabbing the attention of both Joe and Hangman who momentarily pause their fight. Hangman walks towards Swerve as he approaches the ring, Hangman leaning out over the ropes to yell at his former rival. Swerve stops at the bottom of the ramp, when suddenly the Mogul Embassy charges out of the crowd and jumps Joe and Hangman!

The Gates of Agony beat down the AEW Champion, who despite putting up a fight, is just caught too off-guard by the attack. Hangman goes back and forth with "The Machine" Brian Cage, even getting him in the corner and throwing some haymakers, but he's jumped from behind by Swerve Strickland himself. Strickland puts the boots to Page, then turns his attention to Samoa Joe as he attempts to fight off Kaun and Liona. Swerve charges and connects on the AEW Champion with the House Call, taking him out. Cage scoops up Hangman and holds him up for Swerve, who clocks Hangman with a right hand with the chain wrapped around his fist, busting Page open. The Mogul Embassy stands supreme in the ring for a moment, Prince Nana dancing around the bodies of both Hangman Page and the AEW Champion before Mogul Embassy finally vacates the ring.

Commentary offers some conjecture on the stunning attack we just saw, before they're informed that Renee Paquette is tracking down Swerve for an interview and they send it backstage. Renee is walking stride-for-stride with Swerve as he and the Mogul Embassy are walking down the hall.

Renee: Swerve, if I could just get a word with you for a second: we all know you don't like Hangman, but what was that all about?

Swerve: You just said it, Renee: I don't like Hangman. In fact, I hate Hangman. I thought it would've been over when I made his wife and kid watch me choke him half to death with this chain, but I actually hate him even more now, because seeing him try to skip the line and get in the ring with Samoa Joe after I already beat him twice made me sick! And Samoa Joe, I'd like to say what just happened to you was simply business, but I'd be lying. Sure, I want to be the next AEW Champion and I know I will be, but the fact that you're stupid enough to give Hangman what he wants: a chance to beat you and become number one contender... well, I thought better of you Joe. But don't worry, I saved your ass this time. Now, the Mogul Embassy has some business to attend to, so we're leaving Swerve's House. See y'all boys next week.

Swerve gives an evil laugh into the camera before he and Mogul Embassy walk out of the arena, climb into a SUV that's already running and it drives off. Renee tosses back to the ring to get the show officially underway after such a chaotic opening. When we return to the arena, we're greeted by the arrival of "The Glamour" Mariah May. Commentary notes that she specifically requested this match as a "re-debut" after Jamie Hayter ruined her official in-ring debut two weeks ago. Red Velvet comes to the ring next and Dynamite's real opening contest gets underway.

Mariah May vs Red Velvet

This match goes much smoother for Mariah off the bat, as she's able to control Red Velvet on the mat and keep the action on her terms. Velvet fights back, sending Mariah off the ropes and clocking her with a calf kick. The action goes back-and-forth from there, with both women exchanging counters and impressively athletic strikes. Velvet manages to get The Glamour down with a hard heel kick to the face. Velvet looks for The Final Slice, but Mariah escapes wrist control and hoists Velvet on her shoulders, quickly nailing Mayday for her first AEW victory.

Mariah overexaggerates the magnitude of her win, repeatedly bowing to the crowd and blowing kisses to them. She takes her time making her way back up the ramp before the shot cuts backstage, where Renee Paquette is once again standing with Jamie Hayter.
Renee: Well we just saw Mariah May win her "re-debut", but I'm standing by with the woman that made her return two weeks ago and spoiled Mariah's actual debut, Jamie Hayter. Jamie, you've made it no secret that you're coming back for the AEW Women's Championship, and Toni Storm hasn't been shy about sharing her mutual interest in a match for the title. Do you think you're ready physically to try and win back the Women's Title?

Hayter: Of course I do Renee, otherwise I wouldn't be here right now. I waited until I was fully, one hundred percent healed solely so when I came back, I could go straight after the woman that not only took my title, but injured me with the help of her little friends in the process. If Toni is so interested in the "big box office", then she should accept my challenge for a match next week, and put the AEW Womens Title on the line.

The screen filter becomes black and white as "Timeless" Toni Storm - flanked by Luther and an exhausted Mariah May - enters the frame. Toni examines Jamie up and down with a number of unusual facial expressions before beginning to speak.
Storm: You know, you're not quite as big as I remember... but regardless darling, I'd love to make some magic on camera with you! The only thing is, I'm all booked up for the next couple weeks. Life of a star and all. But I'll tell you what... upon my return, we'll give the audience and critics alike a performance that they'll never forget. What's your schedule look like three weeks from now?

Rather than respond to Toni's absurdity, Jamie just sticks her hand out to accept the match with handshake, which Toni accepts only after taking a white glove from Luther and gingerly sticking it out to shake Jamie's hand with. Toni then instructs Luther to carry her away, which he does, before a shoe flies in from out of frame and narrowly misses Renee's head. The show then goes to break.

When Dynamite returns, we get the entrance of 2point0 with Daniel Garcia, who heads to the commentary desk. This is followed by the debut entrance of the East West Express: the team of "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne and Jordan Oliver. They're notably without Christian Cage or Killswitch, who commentary mentions are remaining in their locker room because they know Adam Copeland is in the building since he's in our main event against Powerhouse Hobbs. The bell rings and the debut of the East West Express gets underway.

2point0 vs The East West Express

Early on in the match Jordan Oliver displays his ring awareness and athleticism, both pretty advanced for his limited wrestling experience. He actually begins to get cheered a bit because of his prowess, but that's quieted down when he tags in Nick Wayne who immediately locks in a chinlock on Angelo Parker. Garcia at commentary is trying to cheer his boys on, but Wayne and Oliver make use of impressive tag team strategy, tagging in and out quickly to isolate their weakened opponent. The Prodigy makes a costly mistake, though, when his attempt at a standing Sliced Bread gets countered with a back suplex from Parker, who crawls to the ropes and tags in Daddy Magic. Menard is the proverbial house of fire, taking down both opponents before planting Wayne with a huge DDT. Jordan Oliver breaks up the ensuing pin, but gets tackled and taken out of the ring by Angelo Parker. Parker climbs back on the apron and tags in, and 2point0 sets up for the Double Implant DDT, but Wayne manages to drop to a knee and try to fight out of it with punches to the stomach of his opponents. Meanwhile, Jordan Oliver walks around towards commentary and grabs a pair of steel chairs from under the ring, which Daniel Garcia stands up from the desk and confronts Oliver about as he sets the chairs on the apron. Referee Rick Knox notices this confrontation, leaning out of the ring to yell at Garcia for his involvement, allowing Nick Wayne to hit a low blow on Daddy Magic! Parker tries to retaliate, but Jordan Oliver slides into the ring and helps his partner land a double rope-rebound cutter, known as the COASTAL CUTTER on Parker! Nick Wayne covers him and gets the victory for The Patriarchy.

Garcia stands on the outside upset at the distraction he caused as Oliver and Wayne celebrate their debut victory. Matt Menard is down on one knee checking on his fallen partner, when the diabolical children of Christian Cage retrieve the chairs that were sat on the apron earlier, sandwiching Menard's head with the CONCHAIRTO! Garcia rushes into the ring as Oliver and Wayne retreat, leaving Menard looking very seriously injured before he's helped to the back by Garcia, Parker and AEW's medical team, holding his head. Excalibur promises to give us updates on Daddy Magic's health should we receive any.

Next we go backstage to the locker room door of the Don Callis Family, where the door swings open and out comes Konosuke Takeshita, Don Callis and Kyle Fletcher. Don yells behind him "just keep preparing" assumedly towards Powerhouse Hobbs, but Takeshita puts a hand on Don's chest and says in English that he should "stay and help Hobbs". Callis is baffled, but reluctantly decides to hang back and help Powerhouse Hobbs get ready for his match with Adam Copeland tonight. Takeshita continues down the hallway and towards the arena alone. Mark Briscoe then makes his entrance to the adulation of the crowd, high-fiving fans the whole way down and prepping for a war with Takeshita. Takeshita comes out next, not quite receiving the same vitriol as normal without Callis by his side. Paul Turner calls for the bell and the match kicks off.

Mark Briscoe vs Konosuke Takeshita

Takeshita is as impressive as ever, throwing even a veteran like Mark Briscoe off balance with his superlative athleticism and rock-solid chops. Briscoe shows tremendous fight as always though, firing back on his opponent and actually getting him to retreat into the ropes for a referee break at one point. Briscoe and Takeshita trade heavy shots with each other, each of them firing back on one another after every devastating shot. The brawl spills to the outside, where Briscoe grabs the advantage after connecting with a blockbuster off the apron, though the ensuing cover once Takeshita is rolled back into the ring results in only a two count. Briscoe has a sense of urgency to him, perhaps knowing he can only keep Takeshita down for so long as he goes for the Jay Driller, but Takeshita fights out of it and drives Mark into the corner. They both ascend to the top, and Takeshita looks for his signature Avalanche Lariat, but Mark jumps down and crotches Takeshita on the top rope! He then pulls Takeshita to the mat and goes up top, trying to end the match with the Froggy Bow, but Takeshita rolls out of the way! Wasting little time, Takeshita picks Briscoe up and lands the Blue Thunder Bomb for a nearfall, but immediately crushes Mark with the Power Drive Knee to end a tremendous - albeit quick - match.

Takeshita celebrates his win to himself, with commentary noting that he had Eddie Kingston in a similar state on Collision just over a week ago when errant instruction from Don Callis arguably cost him the match. Taz argues that Excalibur and Schiavone are just being harsh on Callis because they hate him, which neither man argues. The show fades to commercial with this.

Dynamite comes back from the break and we see Julia Hart making her entrance accompanied by Brody King. With the TBS Title around her waist, she sings her way to the ring and waits stoically for her opponent. Emi Sakura enters next, the Queen-inspired veteran greeted with light cheers from the South Carolina crowd.

Julia Hart w/ Brody King vs Emi Sakura
Emi employs her superior experience to catch Julia off guard from the starting bell, continually employing her outstanding grappling ability to confuse and frustrate her young opponent. Sakura loses her advantage after just a few minutes though, with Julia catching on quickly and starting to rattle off some of her signature moves on the more experienced Sakura. Julia's flexibility and speed comes into play when she lands a scorpion kick that puts Emi off balance, then follows it with a neckbreaker for a two count. Brody yells for Julia to finish the match, but she's cut off by Emi as she heads to the top, presumably for the moonsault. Emi pulls Julia down into the tree of woe and charges from the opposite corner, looking for a cannonball, but Julia impressively sits up and avoids the contact! Emi rolls slightly towards the center of the ring as she's in obvious pain, while Julia stands back up on the top rope and finishes the match with the Moonsault!

Julia shows no expression on her face as she holds up the TBS Title for the crowd, while commentary mentions her recent encounters with Thunder Rosa. Brody and Julia return to the back before a video begins to play.

Much like we did on Collision, we see the hallways of a dingy hospital. As the camera goes down the hall, we see Big Bill laying in the hospital bed! He sits up and it's revealed that he has half his face painted like Darby Allin. He struggles to remove the IV needle from his arm before stumbling over to his skateboard and heading down the hall, repeatedly crashing into walls and eventually just picking up the board and walking down the hall. As it did in Sting and Darby's video on Collision, a black car pulls up outside the hospital and Bill opens the door to reveal Ricky Starks in Sting paint in the driver's seat. Bill struggles to fit his massive frame in the passenger's seat of this tiny car, and the window even shatters when he slams the door shut. Ricky looks out the broken window and says "let's go Darby, we've got an ass whooping to catch!" before driving off.

Commentary mentions that while that video was funny, it may not have been the best idea to rattle the cage of Sting and Darby like that before their Tag Team Title match on Collision this week. Back in the arena, we get the arrival of Jay Lethal, who comes to the ring accompanied by his whole crew of Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, Sonjay Dutt and Satnam Singh. Taz makes note that HOOK challenged Lethal and not the other way around, and that the two of them have known each other since HOOK was a little boy. Next comes HOOK, whose entrance is met with significant applause from the audience.

FTW Championship Match
Jay Lethal w/ Everybody vs HOOK (c)
HOOK isn't here to play around, and he makes that apparent by tossing Lethal around the ring like a ragdoll with a variety of suplexes and judo throws right from the opening bell. El Diablo Guapo measures Lethal for Redrum, but Jarrett points it out to Jay from the outside and Lethal uses this advice to scramble to the ropes rather than back himself into HOOK's waiting arms. As HOOK pursues Lethal, he's caught by a thumb to the eye and Jay takes advantage for a bit. He wears HOOK down with a number of attacks focused on his midsection, trying to drive the air out of the FTW Champion. Lethal isn't able to hold him down forever, though, and HOOK starts to fire up with the backing of the crowd. He hits a T-bone suplex, followed by El Camino for a two count. Lethal scrambles towards his friends, once again grabbing the ropes when Sonjay Dutt gets on the apron and confronts HOOK. Sonjay flicks the pencil that rests behind his ear at The Cold Hearted Handsome Devil, which promps HOOK to step out onto the apron and launch Sonjay to the floor with an exploder suplex, which takes out Satnam when he lands on him! This proves to be costly for HOOK, though, as a solebutt from Lethal drops him to a knee when he re-enters the ring. Lethal looks to capitalize and score the win now, going for the Lethal Injection, but HOOK catches his handspring straight into Redrum, which gives Lethal no choice but to tap out.

HOOK grabs his freshly retained championship and walks straight through both Jarretts, neither of them doing anything to him as Sonjay and Satnam recover on the floor. He doesn't stop to pose or posture at the top of the ramp either, just walking back through the tunnel as the crowd goes nuts for him. Lethal and his group slink away without much fanfare, another devastating loss added to their record.

Next out into the arena is The Devil's Kingdom, all five of them entering together for the first time in two weeks. Cole hobbles out in front of everybody else on his crutches, the monstrous Wardlow and Roddy, Taven and Bennett trailing behind him. Roddy is the only one dressed in his gear, indicating that he has a match in mere moments. Roddy poses on the top rope while the entire group enters the ring, and Adam Cole takes a mic handed to him by Matt Taven.

Cole: I have to be honest, I didn't really think it was gonna be so easy to get exactly what we wanted in this place. But let's face it... it's been two weeks since we drove Max into early retirement. The Kingdom has the ROH Tag Team Titles, Wardlow is destroying everything he sees, Roderick Strong is going to have championship gold around his waist soon enough, and once my ankle heals you'll see me beat Samoa Joe or whoever has the AEW Title at that point. But every journey has to start somewhere. See, despite the undeniable dominance that is The Devil's Kingdom, we still need to take action to make our goals a reality, and that starts tonight when Roddy turns Trent Beretta's spine into dust in just a few minutes here.

Cole laughs to himself as he balances on his crutches, Taven and Bennett clapping for Roddy like morons.
Cole: Look, we're coming back to the Carolinas in just a month and some change for Revolution, and my ankle won't be ready to go by then, but you can bet that The Devil's Kingdom's presence will be thoroughly felt up and down that event. Whatever any of us want to do... is going to happen. So if I were one of you champions, or one of you so-called "pillars" of this company, or even one of these new guys that's trying to take my place while I'm injured... I'd watch my back if I were you. You just never know where the devil might be hiding.

Shortly after Cole wraps his monologue, Trent Beretta makes his way to the ring flanked by Danhausen and a completely uninterested Orange Cassidy. Beretta stands across the ring from Strong, receiving encouragement from the Very Nice, Very Evil Danhausen before the bell rings.

Roderick Strong w/ The Devil's Kingdom vs Trent Beretta w/ Best Friends
From bell to bell, this match is as back-and-forth as it gets. There's no extended period where either man holds a definitive advantage, but both have clear gameplans which are displayed time and time again throughout the match. Strong, per usual, works over Beretta's back. He utilizes any of the dozens of backbreakers in his arsenal to wear Trent down, but the always-scrappy Beretta works over the neck of his opponent in return. Roddy is in a precarious situation at one point after catching the Dudebuster DDT from Beretta, who only gets a two count out of it. With Strong reeling, Trent looks to set him up for the Crunchy and put the match away, but Roddy manages to fight out and land some clubbing blows to the lower back of Trent. Trent pushes him away and ducks a clothesline attempt, gaining momentum off the ropes and looking to catch Roddy with a Busaiku Knee, but Roddy cuts him off at the pass with an insane Sick Kick! With Trent completely knocked out for all intents and purposes, Roddy quickly hoists him up for the End of Heartache and picks up the win.

Roddy celebrates with The Kingdom while Wardlow and Cole clap from the outside of the ring, impressed by their stablemate's clean victory. Danhausen enters the ring and attempts to put a curse on Roddy, but before he can raise his arm's he nearly has his head knocked off his shoulders by a jumping knee! The Messiah of the Backbreaker leaves with Taven and Bennett in tow, Orange Cassidy finally rolling into the ring lazily far after it's too late to help his friends. The show fades to commercial one last time.

Upon Dynamite's return, we get the electrifying entrance of "The Rated R Superstar" Adam Copeland. He sprints to either side of the stage, firing up the crowd before hitting the ring for his first match of 2024. Next out for our main event are Powerhouse Hobbs, Don Callis and Kyle Fletcher. Don makes his way straight to commentary while the intimidatingly large Hobbs flexes and sneers at Copeland in the ring before the bell is sounded.

Adam Copeland vs Powerhouse Hobbs w/ Don Callis and Kyle Fletcher
Copeland tries to use every trick in the book to take his much larger and stronger opponent off his feet, but none of it works on Hobbs. He eventually muscles Copeland up and biels him into the corner, laying in hard back elbows to the face. Powerhouse then shows how he earned that moniker, lifting Copeland high into the air and delivering a stalling vertical suplex for an early two count. This trend continues for much of the match, with Copeland taking a lot of punishment from Hobbs who makes sure to let him know about it verbally the entire time. Callis hypes up his client incessantly on commentary, mentioning Copeland's accolades around the world of wrestling in order to prove how impressive it is that Hobbs is manhandling him. The Rated R Superstar refuses to stop fighting though, and lands a couple big punches to get back into it. Hobbs whiffs a punch of his own, and gets taken out with the Edge-O-Matic (name pending) for only a one count! Copeland can't believe it, and slams the mat with both hands in frustration. He keeps trying to wear Hobbs down, mostly using well-placed stomps to stop him from getting back up and using his power advantage. Eventually, Copeland tries to use the Impaler DDT, but Hobbs just stands up and throws Copeland off him. Hobbs then pulls down the straps of his singlet and yells "that's it!" before approaching Copeland in the corner. He's caught with a drop toehold, planting him face-first into the middle turnbuckle.

This could be the opening Copeland needs, as he catches an off-balance Hobbs with the Spear! The cover only gets a TWO though, which Copeland once again can't believe. Callis and Excalibur both point out that Copeland probably hasn't landed enough offense in this match for even the Spear to finish Hobbs off. Copeland then measures Hobbs for another one as he's starting to get to his feet, which triggers Fletcher to jump on the apron and grab the attention of the referee. Copeland barely notices as Fletcher is on the other side of the ring, but CHRISTIAN CAGE storms out from backstage with the TNT Title! He jumps on the apron nearest Copeland and tries to hit him with the belt, but The Rated R Superstar blocks the attempt and they get into a tug-o-war over the title. Hobbs approaches Copeland and grabs his shoulders, while in the same motion Copeland snatches the belt away from Christian and clocks Hobbs in the face with it! Copeland tosses the evidence back to Cage and knocks Fletcher off the apron, then connects with another Spear! Rather than covering, The Rated R Superstar hits another Spear on a dazed Hobbs while Cage watches on in anger and Callis is in clear anguish on commentary. The cover after three Spears and a belt shot is academic, and Adam Copeland picks up a big win.

The show ends with Christian Cage and Don Callis engaged in an argument at the bottom of the ramp, Adam Copeland celebrating with fans as he leaves the arena and Powerhouse Hobbs sitting up in the ring, glaring a hole through both Callis and Cage.

Confirmed for Rampage:
Kris Statlander vs Ruby Soho

Stojy

Reaction score
I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read so far so thought I’d leave some in depth comments on the latest episode of Dynamite. Opening with Hangman Page in the way you did was awesome, gives the show that feeling of unpredictability. What I loved even more was Joe being out before Page could even finish his sentence. Yes, it’s maybe a tad unrealistic for him to be ready that quickly when this was an unannounced appearance from Page, but it just makes Joe such a bad ass that he’s ready to take any fight at any time. Swerve using the Mogul Embassy to get one up on Joe and Page worked for tonight, and his justification with Renee was solid enough to. A very well booked start to the show.

Mariah May asking for a redebut is hilarious. A nice win for her here which is smart to make her seem like a bit less of a joke.

Confrontation between Hayter and Storm was solid enough to build to their eventual match. Perfectly logical booking for Hayter to be coming back for not only the title, but revenge on the person who took her out. No marks for no “chin up, tits out” before the show went flying at Renee though lol.

The East West Express team is an interesting one. Wasn’t sure if I was sold on them initially, but you’ve done a great job of getting me interested here. In one night, they don’t feel like just Christian’s lackies anymore who aren’t important in the scheme of things. So smart to have them do this alone, and the conchairto after the fact shows they have the same mean streak as their patriarch does. Really good stuff.

Hmm nice to play off Callis potentially costing Takeshita the victory last week. It makes sense for Callis to not think to much of it because Hobbs has a HUGE match coming up, but the difference in results when Takeshita is on his own will clearly be part of an angle that runs for awhile here. Looking forward to it.

Throw away win for Julia Hart. No issues.

The parody from Big Bill and Starks from the video Sting and Darby had played on Collision is probably my favourite thing I’ve read so far this year. Loved this.

Not much to say here except a solid title defence from HOOK. I don’t really get the hype with HOOK personally, but it’s smart to book him this way. He looks like a bad ass here, and Lethal losing doesn’t really matter to much at this point, although I do wonder if you’ll continue with the issues Lethal and Jeff seem to be having recently.

The Devil’s Kingdom need to continue to look strong as the new stable on the block. Cole’s words about them taking over is interesting. Curious to see how good of a run you give them. Strong was always winning this one, all solid enough progression for them at this point.

Main event was perfectly fine. Copeland gets a nice win and it’s good to see him get one up on Christian for what feels like the first time in awhile. Intrigued to see what you do with this feud to wrap it up and keep it entertaining tbh.

A really great show. Everything feels like it’s hitting the right mark in here at the moment, a very enjoyable read. Only thing I probably question was giving away Sting’s first L the way you did, but everything else is hitting.

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Rampage: 1/19/24
from North Charleston, SC
Rampage Banner.png

*Pyro*

*Excalibur, Taz and Chuck Taylor welcome us to the show*

Rampage comes to air with the ROH tag team The Infantry already in the ring. The team of Carlie Bravo and "The Captain" Shawn Dean are introduced by Justin Roberts, and then their opponents, the Hardy Boyz, make their way to the ring to massive applause from their near-hometown crowd. The Hardys slap hands on the way to the ring and get our opening contest started.

The Infantry vs The Hardy Boyz
The Infantry may be younger and at this point faster than the Hardys, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference. With their years of chemistry and experience paired alongside the support of a relative hometown crowd, the Hardy Boyz dominate this match from bell to bell. Although Bravo and Dean mount a slight amount of offense in a comeback effort, they're quickly squashed by their legendary opponents and finished off with the Twist of Fate/Swanton Bomb combination.

Matt and Jeff celebrate their win with the audience, Jeff sitting atop the barricade as fans pat him on the back and cheer him on. The camera then fades into a video package.

We see a zoomed-in shot of a beaten down pickup truck with a shovel laying in the bed. A hand grabs the handle of the shovel, and the camera zooms out to reveal Mark Briscoe walking towards a pile of what appears to be either dirt or manure. The cameraman follows him as he starts scooping from the pile with the shovel, stopping after two or three repetitions to take a swig of beer. Briscoe then looks into the camera with the thousand-yard stare that's become synonymous with him and starts to speak.

"Y'know, my workload out here on the farm done damn-near doubled in da last year, but I don't mind that much. I mighta' got my ass whipped by Takeshita on Dynamite, but I don't mind that much either. You ain't gonna win 'em all, don't nobody know that better than I do."

Mark takes another drink of beer, planting the shovel into the ground and resting his foot on it as he continues to speak.

"But what I do mind, is that I ain't even sniffed a title belt since Jay went on up ta' meet Terry Funk. But y'know somethin', I was sippin' a beer just like this one and watchin' the program last Friday, and I heard that this big ol' ladder match at Revolution is for a shot at the AEW Title. Now that seems like somethin' I oughta be involved in. So I tell you what Tony Khan, whatever you need me ta' do ta' qualify for that match, Imma do it. You need me to beat up Godzilla? Imma give it a shot. Need me ta' bring ya some eggs from these high-quality Sandy Fork chickens? Imma make that happen too. I'm just tryin' ta' say that I'm throwin' my hat... well I ain't wearin' no damn hat but you get the point. I want in the damn match! Now I gotta get back to work."

Briscoe continues to shovel away as Rampage fades to break. When Rampage returns, RUSH makes his entrance flanked by the entirety of LFI. Preston Vance waves the Mexican flag as El Toro Blanco rolls into the ring for his first singles match since the Continental Classic ended looking as intimidating as ever. Out next is "Big Shotty" Lee Johnson, not showing any potential nerves as he comes to the ring for a big match in his young career.

RUSH w/ LFI vs "Big Shotty" Lee Johnson
Lee spends the early goings of the match trying his hardest to evade the devastating strikes of El Toro Blanco, unfortunately catching a few massive chops that rattle his chest. Big Shotty is just a step or two quicker though, thanks in part to the heavily taped leg of RUSH that was injured during the Continental Classic. Johnson starts targeting that leg, even at one point making use of a dragon screw leg whip to ground RUSH. Lee smartly continues the attack on the leg, but RUSH's toughness and experience come into play when Lee's attempt to charge him is countered with a pass-by that sends Big Shotty recklessly into the ropes chest-first. When he bounces off, he's planted on his head with a wicked german suplex. El Toro Blanco doesn't waste time, lifting Lee up and launching him into the corner with an exploder. As Lee struggles to pull himself to a seated position in the corner and try to reach his feet, he's clobbered with the Bull's Horns from RUSH for a three count.

LFI stands dominant in the ring, Vance standing over the fallen Lee Johnson and displaying the Mexican flag for the crowd. RUSH stands in front of his faction, raising his arm towards the audience while commentary verbally recaps some of the events from Dynamite before tossing to a video package that shows the confrontation between Swerve, Hangman and Samoa Joe that opened the show. The package includes some unaired comments from Joe that were posted to social media, which essentially boil down to him warning Swerve that he made a massive mistake involving himself in Joe's business and that he should take a look at what happened to Darby and Sting if he wants to know what he's getting himself into.

Back in the arena, Ruby Soho makes her entrance as commentary notes her recent hot streak in singles action and the tag team victory she picked up alongside Leyla Hirsch over Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale. Out next is the aforementioned Statlander, with Stokely Hathaway walking ten paces behind her unbeknownst to her. Statlander finally notices Stokely when he's pointed out by Ruby, and he retreats to commentary at the top of the ramp.

Ruby Soho vs Kris Statlander
Both women put on an excellent back-and-forth match tailing their tag team match from a couple weeks ago. It's obvious that they're on equal footing as competitors, with neither of them able to seize the advantage but neither one of them resorting to underhanded tactics either. Ruby does get a small opening and go for No Future early, but Statlander expertly uses Ruby's wrist control against her, pulling her in for a huge lariat. Statlander starts to lean into her power now, tossing the smaller Ruby around the ring a bit and drilling her in the corner with a running European uppercut. Ruby winds up on the apron, trying to use the ropes to pull herself up when she's approached by Statlander. Quickly, Ruby grabs Statlander's head and drops off the apron, hotshotting her opponent on the top rope. Ruby is quick to get back in the ring and deliver a sliding lariat to the back of the head of her kneeling opponent, resulting in a two count. Rather than getting frustrated or blowing up at the official, Soho tries to get her larger opponent up and finish the match, but Kris counters with some elbows to the midsection. The two trade offensive sequences yet again, before Statlander is able to maneuver Ruby into position for Friday Night Fever! However, Ruby manages to free her legs and slide down to the mat, securing a victory roll on Statlander for a shocking three count!

The crowd and Kris Statlander seem equally surprised as Ruby celebrates yet another big win. Stokely Hathaway on commentary insinuates that Statlander wouldn't be suffering her recent losses if he was managing her, and Excalibur offers plenty of pushback to that idea. Rampage ends with Ruby graciously celebrating her victory, which is a stark contrast from her previous Outcasts persona.

Confirmed for Collision:
"Switchblade" Jay White vs Claudio Castagnoli

AEW Tag Team Championship Match
Ricky Starks and Big Bill (c) vs Darby Allin and Sting

Note - Expect Rampage to be in this format or perhaps even shorter in the future. Three weekly shows is a lot lol.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I like the progression happening this week on Dynamite and Rampage.

The three-way feud in the world title scene is something I'm currently fond of in real life AEW, but I feel you have an even more focused version of that taking place in this project. I know Joe's actions on this show don't necessarily equate to being face-like, but I do think his willingness to immediately fight Hangman is at least a little less diabolic than what I think he'd do in real life, where he seemingly enjoys being more of a puppet master. Take no prisonsers Joe is awesome but I think the more vindictive version we currently have works better as a heel champ. I'm definitely curious to see how his character evolves throughout.

Big ups on the handling of Mariah May and how you're representing her. Hayter vs. Storm is a money match no doubt that I think most AEW fans are just waiting for.

I liked how East West Express debuted. In my opinion, for all of the up-and-coming teams AEW have, such as Top Flight and Private Party... I think East West Express could be the most promising of them all. I'm torn on them pulling out the conchairto already. I'm not going to be overly old school and say it needs to be better protected or anything but it was kind of a random time to pull it out, in a situation with no stakes and no heat. Yes, it shows how dastardly Wayne and Oliver apparently are, and maybe that's what you wanted to get over, but I almost feel like it almost dulls the evilness of Christian when his "lackeys" are this flippant about pulling out his most dastardly trick, if that makes sense.

I am catching the hint that maybe you're working on separation Takeshita from Callis? I respect the call if so, honestly. I love both, but I sadly can't say the union has been that beneficial for Takeshita as of late.

The vignette with Bill and Starks was amazing. I love seeing that kind of a creative and perhaps risky concept being used in BTBs. I understand why they don't happen all that often in real life... they're expensive and maybe you don't always expect the talent to pull off the skit well... but in a BTB you just have to put the idea into writing and I can visualize what you're going for, and think it was a great segment.

I will say I think you are continuing to book The Devil's Kingdom better than AEW are doing in real life.

Main event was fun to read, and I think I understand what your purpose was for it, though I also wish, as a fan, that Hobbs coulda came out of it looking even a bit better than he did. But that's me being selfish, and I understand sometimes it's a means to an end. Again, more foreshadowing as Hobbs glares at Callis to end the show.

As for Rampage, not too much to comment on, but I'm glad to see Mark throwing his name in the hat for the Revoltuion match and RUSH picking up wins is always over with me.

Good stuff.

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Collision: 1/20/24
from St. Louis, MO
Collision Banner.png

Per usual, Collision starts with cold open promos from several of the competitors who will take part in matches on tonight's show.

First among them is "Switchblade" Jay White, who stands in the center of the shot with both Austin and Colten Gunn on either side of him.

Switchblade: Well well well it's Saturday night, and I guess Saturday night's alright for fighting if you ask me! Everybody's seen me beat Jon Moxley, and everybody saw me beat Wheeler Yuta. That makes the next unfortunate Blackpool Combat Club member to fall victim to the Blade Runner... Claudio Castagnoli. While you may be the Swiss Superman, I suppose that makes me your Kiwi Kryptonite, because once we step in the ring tonight it won't matter who's stronger, bigger, taller, no. All that's gonna matter is that you're gonna be down on the mat watching the BANG BANG GANG put their guns up!

Switchblade and the Gunns all put their guns up before the shot fades to Claudio Castagnoli, who is throwing stiff European uppercuts at a training bag being held by Wheeler Yuta. Claudio pauses his workout to address the camera while Bryan Danielson can be seen meditating far in the background.
Claudio: You all know I'm a man that lets his actions do the talking more than his words. Well tonight, with all due respect to Wheeler Yuta, you're going to find out that I'm not Wheeler Yuta. The other thing you're going to find out is that I'm not getting hit with the Blade Runner, but I don't expect you to figure that out until you're just waking up after I finish you with the Riccola Bomb.

Claudio returns to throwing hard shots at Yuta/the training dummy before the shot fades to Dustin Rhodes.
Rhodes: Tonight I'm going to be stepping into the ring with somebody I've got a lot of respect for, and as long as I've been in the business those have always been my favorite matches. Eddie Kingston, I don't think I got it in me anymore to defend three championships, but I'll sure as hell do everything I can to win one. And since I never got the chance to be in the Continental Classic, I see this as my shot to prove that I've still got enough in the tank to get it on with a world-class performer such as yourself and come out on top for that Continental Crown of yours. I know how hard you fight, I see how hard you hit, but now it's time to show everybody that Dustin Rhodes ain't out of tricks just yet.

Next we see Ricky Starks and Big Bill, the AEW Tag Team Titles slung over their shoulders as they look less condescending and more focused than normal.
Starks: I don't know about Bill, but I know that I've already said just about everything that needs to be said about this match. I ain't proving anything to anyBODY but myself, and it's something that I've already known: I'm every bit good enough to beat Sting and Darby. Y'all in the crowd might not believe me, but they say seeing is believing and baby, y'all better get ready to see it tonight. What Ricky Starks and Big Bill do to Sting and Darby tonight will go down in the record books, because the Stroke Daddy and the biggest, baddest man in AEW ain't leaving Missouri without our gold.

Ricky stomps off defiantly, Bill following without saying a word. Finally we see Sting and Darby, both men appearing to have somewhat recovered from their Samoa Joe-inflicted injuries in their week off.
Sting: Honestly Darby, I don't really mind getting made fun of by Ricky and Bill. I have a lot of respect for those guys, and especially the work Ricky put in over the past three years to become the wrestler he is today, the champion he is today, well, I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. But the problem with Ricky and Bill running their mouths is that there isn't any force of nature or act of God that can stop Darby Allin and myself from becoming AEW Tag Team Champions tonight! We know in our hearts, this great audience in St. Louis kno-

Sting is cut off by the arrival of "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, who walks into frame and shares a handshake and a hug with Sting, then a semi-awkward knuckle bump with Darby Allin.
Sting: Now it's a party!

Flair: Stinger you know I wouldn't miss this for the world. This could be the very last time you get to hold championship gold in your career, and if there's anybody that knows a thing or two about winning gold, it's The Nature Boy! Plus, you know I gotta be around for the afterparty.

Sting: So it's Saturday night... it's Collision... we're wrestling for the Tag Team Titles... and Ric Flair is in our corner. Well I guess that makes it... SHOWTIME!

In a vaguely SNL-esque moment, Sting's catchphrase leads directly into the show's opening package. Once the package and pyro conclude, we're welcomed to the show by Ian Riccaboni, Tony Schiavone and Nigel McGuinness. Our first entrance of the night belongs to Eddie Kingston, who receives a rousing ovation from the audience. He sets down the ROH Title and NJPW Strong Openweight Title before raising the Continental Crown to the audience since it's on the line in this match. Next out is the challenger, Dustin Rhodes, who receives a noticeably smaller helping of cheers. Kingston and Dustin shake hands before the match gets underway.

Continental Crown Championship Match

Eddie Kingston (c) vs Dustin Rhodes
Kingston and Dustin have a classic match in terms of its style rather than its quality, although it is still quite good. Eddie and Dustin wrestle cleanly, neither seasoned competitor resorting to anything underhanded to gain an advantage. Dustin has an opportunity to go for Shattered Dreams at one point, but turns it down out of respect for The Mad King. Similarly, Eddie Kingston decides not to do anything dirty while the referee is down from some incidental contact. At the climax of a perfectly clean, relatively back-and-forth if not leaning towards Kingston match, Eddie connects with the Uraken and pins Dustin for the victory.

Although he's slightly disappointed with the loss, Dustin can't help but show respect to Eddie and raise his arm after the match, a favor that Eddie returns. King gathers his belts and heads towards the back while commentary runs down the upcoming card for the night. Once they're done, the arena is lightened up by the entrance of Willow Nightingale. She slaps hands with the crowd which is a stark contrast compared to the entrance of her opponent Taya Valkyrie, accompanied by her husband Johnny TV. Taya and Johnny gloat to the audience the entire way down the aisle, eventually getting in the ring and being obnoxiously affectionate towards each other.

Willow Nightingale vs Taya Valkyrie w/ Johnny TV
Both powerhouse women have the match you'd expect going in, with the two of them exchanging power moves and high-impact strikes before eventually Willow gets the better of her opponent. Taya uses the outside presence of Johnny TV to take over, as he trips Willow while she runs towards the ropes to open up an advantage for Taya. After a few attempts for Taya to put the match away to no avail, Willow manages to connect with the Gutwrench Powerbomb for an impressive win.

While Johnny TV helps his wife to the back, Willow soaks in the adulation of the crowd before Collision heads to its first break.

Collision returns with Eddie Kingston backstage standing with Lexy Nair. King is still sweating from his match, carrying all three of his title belts when Lexy begins to interview him.

Lexy: Eddie, we saw you retain your Continental Crown in our opening match tonight with a well-earned victory over Dustin Rhodes. How have you been holding up in your first few weeks as the American Triple Crown champion?

Kingston: Y'know Lexy I'm glad you asked that, because I honestly feel as good as I possibly could. Yeah, my knees don't work right but they never have. My back's screwed up but it always has been. Dustin rung my bell a little bit but that's just wrestling. That's why I love wrestling. That's why I put myself through this every night, because holding these three titles is letting me get as close as I possibly can to living out my childhood dream of being like my idols. Back when I was gettin' kicked out of schools for fighting? I thought I was Toshiaki Kawada. Now it feels like I almost am. I'll do anything it takes to keep the--

Eddie stops dead in his tracks as the "Hot and Flexible" CJ Perry walks in from off-screen. She stands across from Eddie looking as tantalizing as ever, only a white pantsuit covering her. Not even speaking into the mic, Eddie looks at her perplexed and says "what the hell do you want?"

CJ: Don't be so hostile! I just wanted to make sure you knew that I've watched all your matches since the Continental Classic started, and you'd make a perfect client.

Eddie laughs, which visibly offends CJ.
Kingston: Yeah, alright sweetheart. You're trying to set me up so your husband can knock my head off and take my titles. You think I was born yesterday? You think I never got set up by a woman in Yonkers? If your boy wants a match, he can just ask. I'm out.

Not sticking around for a possible jumping from Miro, Eddie exits frame and leaves CJ standing by herself, a bit shocked by how quickly that escalated. Back in the arena, "The Bounty Hunter" Bryan Keith makes his entrance. He fires the crowd up before "El Perro Peligroso" Preston Vance makes an entrance of his own with LFI behind him, while commentary notes that both he and RUSH have been selected to participate in qualifying matches for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match that begin in February. Vance enters the ring and stands across from his much smaller but not intimidated opponent as the match begins.

Bryan Keith vs Preston Vance w/ LFI
Vance is caught off guard from the jump with the fast paced, hard-hitting offense of the Bounty Hunter. Keith attempts to even catch Vance with his devastating knee strike, but El Perro Peligroso is alert enough to catch the knee and launch his outsized opponent across the ring with a modified exploder. Preston mostly takes over from there, but Keith displays a lot of heart and tenacity in his various comeback attempts. Near the end of the match he manages to get Preston in a compromised position, both arms hooked for the Tiger Driver, but Vance wiggles free and nails The Bounty Hunter with a ripcord clothesline to the back of the head for the win.

LFI stands tall after the match, proudly displaying the Mexican flag while commentary reiterates that both RUSH and Vance have a chance to qualify for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match, where the winner will be guaranteed an AEW Title shot in the future. Riccaboni then mentions that Mark Briscoe and Keith Lee have thrown their hats in the qualifying pool as well. After LFI eventually vacates the ring, Christian Cage and The Patriarchy enter the arena. Cage walks with as much swagger as ever, tailed by The East West Express and Killswitch as they enter the ring and Cage demands a microphone from ringside.

Christian: Before I get down to business, I'd just like to wish a very good evening to all my fans here in St. Louis! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get out of here even quicker than the Rams did once I'm done here in a couple minutes.

Christian laughs as the crowd rains boos upon him, then begins to speak again.
Christian: So I guess we have to address the elephant in the room, and no I'm not talking about any of you pigs in the audience. Wednesday night on Dynamite, Adam Copeland had to cheat to beat Powerhouse Hobbs, using MY TNT Championship belt to do so. And I hope he liked how it felt to hold that title, because that's as close as he'll ever get to my belt again in his life. And to be honest, I don't think Adam wants to get back in the ring with me anyway, not after he saw what my boys Nick Wayne and Jordan Oliver are capable of with a couple steel chairs in their hands.

YOU THINK YOU KNOW HIM

Adam Copeland's music hits and he comes out to a loud cheer, stopping halfway down the ramp as he sees the numbers advantage for The Patriarchy and thinks better of going in haphazardly. Cage holds the ropes open, inviting his rival in for what would undoubtedly be a four-on-one beatdown.

Copeland: Alright, fine. I won't take the bait, I won't get into the ring. All I'm out here to do is ask you for another shot at the TNT Title. I realize that technically I'm not entitled to a rematch even though I did beat you at World's End...

Christian: Let me stop you right there Adam, the only thing I remember from World's End is raising the TNT Title at the end of the night, and would you look at that, I'm still the champion.

A clearly flustered Cage raises the belt to boos, as Copeland laughs off the exchange.
Copeland: First of all, you don't remember anything from World's End because I bashed your brains in, and you know that if we had a rematch I'd do it again no matter how many scumbag teenagers you have in your crew now.

Christian: You're awfully confident for a guy that needed to cheat to beat Powerhouse Hobbs on Dynamite, but I digress. Not only do you not deserve a TNT Title match, you're not even the first one to challenge me. Daniel Garcia challenged me last week!

Copeland: And why didn't Daniel Garcia get a title match? Because just like you know I'd beat your ass again, you know you can't beat Daniel Garcia.

Copeland's statement clearly gets to Cage, as he nearly blows a gasket hearing this.
Christian: You think I can't beat Daniel Garcia?! I would plant Daniel Garcia with the Killswitch any time, any place!

Copeland: I'm glad you said that, but I think you might want to repeat it to the guy that really needs to hear it considering you technically just accepted his challenge. Way to go, dumbass.

Copeland drops his mic as Christian realizes he essentially just agreed to defend the TNT Title against Daniel Garcia. At the same time, Daniel Garcia and Angelo Parker charge down the ramp wielding steel chairs, and they slide into the ring with Copeland to take on The Patriarchy. Cage, Wayne and Oliver all split, leaving Killswitch to be beaten down by Garcia, Parker and Copeland. After a chairshot to the stomach, Copeland nails Killswitch with a Spear! Garcia then lifts Killswitch up and plants him on his head and neck with a very impressive Backdrop Driver. Garcia leans over the ropes and shouts out at Cage who retreats on the ramp, completely unaffected by Killswitch being decimated. With this, Collision goes to commercial.

Upon the show's return, Thunder Rosa makes her way to the ring. Next out is her opponent, Skye Blue, sporting her all-black attire and darker attitude. They circle each other in the ring as the match gets underway.

Thunder Rosa vs Skye Blue
Rosa does take some damage from Skye, possibly being caught off-guard by the vast improvements Skye has made in the time Rosa's been out injured. However, as the match goes along and Rosa adjusts to her younger and perhaps more dynamic opponent, experience takes over and Rosa ends up taking the advantage with a huge shotgun dropkick off the top on Skye. Rosa keeps on the attack from there, avoiding a last-ditch attempt at a comeback from Skye Blue and delivering the Fire Thunder Driver to put it away.

Rosa celebrates her win only briefly, waiting for Skye to roll out of the ring before being handed a microphone from Dasha Gonzalez.

Rosa: I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm plenty warmed up now. I'm back in the condition I need to be in, and I'm hungrier than ever. Julia Hart, not only do you have your hands on a title that I've wanted ever since it was created, but you tried to attack me last week on Dynamite. So if you think you belong in my business, I'll turn you into my business. I want a shot at the TBS Title!

The crowd cheers, clearly ready to see Rosa get her hands on more championship gold. The lights go down in the arena, though, and the crowd gasps lightly. Instead of appearing in the ring, a video begins playing on the trons in the arena. The House of Black steps out of a dim light, all four members lined up with Malakai Black and Julia Hart in the middle.
Julia: I noticed you said how hungry you are. That's interesting. You know, hunger is more often a bad thing than a good thing. Hungry people are desperate, and desperate people make mistakes. I'd consider challenging me a mistake, Rosa. It wasn't all that long ago that you spent over a year out of the ring with a neck injury. In that time, I took your spot and became better than you've ever been. Don't you think you should be more worried about what would happen if you got in the ring with me?

Julia laughs before she and Brody King step into the background, centering Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews.
Malakai: She's right, you know. Hunger drives humanity to step on each other, kill each other, rob each other, and ironically enough - starve each other. Just last week I was so hungry to prove myself to Bryan Danielson that I couldn't see the forest for the trees, and I stopped my brothers from carrying on with a humbling that Danielson so richly deserved. I made a mistake driven by my hunger. Not unlike the mistake you're making by challenging Julia to a match. The difference between you and I, Rosa, is that I recognize and correct my mistakes. When we get another chance to eliminate one of the false idols these fans worship like Gods, please know that the House will win. After all, the House always wins.

Matthews smirks before fading into the background with Malakai. Commentary discusses House of Black's very eerie message while Rosa exits the arena. Out next is Claudio Castagnoli, accompanied by Wheeler Yuta. Swiss Superman receives a mixed reaction, as does the following entrance of "Switchblade" Jay White, with the fans unable to reach a consensus on who they're rooting for in this match.

Claudio Castagnoli w/ Wheeler Yuta vs Jay White w/ The Gunns
Unlike his match with Yuta, Jay White spends much of this contest on the back foot. Claudio makes great use of his considerable strength advantage to put Switchblade in tough positions, cornering him and landing big European uppercuts on a number of occasions in the match. As Jay continues his quest to take down Blackpool Combat Club one by one, Claudio appears to be on his way to derailing that journey as he lands hard shot after hard shot, focusing on the spine and midsection of the Switchblade. White goes at Claudio with a cerebral approach, looking to chop down his gigantic opponent with attacks that center on the legs and taking away his vertical base. Claudio does eventually show some pain in his legs, specifically his left knee that Jay immediately attacks with a chop block. Every time Switchblade attempts a significant submission such as the figure four, however, he's pushed away by Claudio or the Swiss Superman manages to get to the ropes. White gets just a bit overzealous and charges at Claudio, falling victim to an insane rolling European uppercut that gets a very narrow nearfall for Claudio. Castagnoli looks to wrap it up, trying to hoist Switchblade up for the Riccola Bomb but Jay goes after the knee once more before he can go up for the ride. White retreats to the outside, making Claudio chase him before proving that move to be genius when he manages to ram Castagnoli's injured knee into the steel ring steps. Switchblade gets his opponent back in the ring, looking for the Blade Runner, but the superior strength of Castagnoli overwhelms him and he's shoved towards the corner. As Claudio charges at him with presumably another rolling European uppercut, however, his knee gives out and he's planted with the Blade Runner in a flash, and Jay White gets the huge three count over Claudio.

Switchblade and The Gunns put their guns up, with Jay audibly telling the camera that there's only "one more to go". Claudio is assisted to the back by both Yuta and AEW medical staff, his knee clearly bothering him despite the tremendous match he just put on albeit in a losing effort. Collision takes its final commercial before our main event.

Collision comes back to air with the entrance of Ric Flair, as Ian Riccaboni mentions that the champions get to choose entrance order and the boastful Starks and Bill naturally chose to come out second. Following Flair, who is naturally cheered like a God in the Carolinas, Sting and Darby Allin enter to big cheers of their own. Finally we get the arrival of the AEW Tag Team Champions, Ricky Starks and Big Bill, who look no less confident than normal.

AEW Tag Team Championship Match
Sting and Darby Allin w/ Ric Flair vs Ricky Starks and Big Bill (c)
The first act of this match is largely dominated by Starks and Bill, who isolate the smaller Darby Allin and throw him around the ring and ringside area like a sack of potatoes. Darby withstands some big moves, especially Big Bill ramming him spine-first into the ringpost. After every devastating attack from the champions, Allin attempts to make the tag to Sting but gets denied time and time again. Finally, he connects with the floatover stunner and makes the tag to Sting, who comes in like a house of fire. Sting retakes control on Starks and tags Darby back in, which allows the challengers to go on the advantage for a bit. The crowd gets behind Ricky a little, but it's quelled when he counters a move from Darby and starts talking trash towards Flair on the outside. The match heats up with all four competitors getting heavily involved, including Darby taking an insane biel throw from Big Bill off the apron and onto the floor. With Sting now isolated by both his opponents, he takes a bit of a beating but miraculously manages to kick out of a Spear from Ricky Starks, which leaves him beside himself. Sting proceeds to fire up, mounting offense on both competitors as Darby recovers on the outside. Sting manages to low bridge Bill on a big boot attempt, sending him flying over the top rope with a harsh landing. This allows Stinger to plant Ricky with the Scorpion Death Drop, and a recovered Darby connects with the Coffin Drop! The ensuing cover from Sting nets only a two count!

Sting and Darby are dumbfounded, as is Flair, as Ricky Starks begins to fire up and pull himself to his feet. He fires off on both Sting and Darby with punches, taking them both down with clotheslines and hitting Sting with another Spear! Ricky covers, but this time it's broken up at two by the lightning fast Darby. Ricky rolls towards the ropes, trying to pull himself up, but as Darby is admonished by the referee for being in the ring as the illegal man, Ric Flair thumbs Ricky in the eye! With Ricky temporarily blinded, he stumbles into the Scorpion Death Drop from Sting who has no idea that Flair helped him, and this one puts Ricky away to crown new AEW Tag Team Champions.

NEW AEW Tag Team Champions
Sting and Darby Allin

Flair steps into the ring to celebrate with Darby and Sting, both completely unaware of how much his assistance helped them win the titles. Ricky holds his eye, completely dejected as he sits in the ring. The crowd even started to get behind him just a bit, although it doesn't seem like any of them are upset to see Sting and Darby with tag team gold. Ricky gets to his feet and walks towards Sting, who extends a hand to him. Ricky looks around at the audience for a second before extending his own hand, but before he can finish the handshake, Big Bill charges into the ring and knocks Sting down, then smokes Darby Allin with a big boot. He grabs Ric Flair by the lapel and shoves him into the corner, raring back as if he's going to punch him when FTR charges down the ramp! Dax and Cash chase off Big Bill and make sure Flair is okay, while Ricky calmly leaves the ring sagging well behind his partner. FTR retrieves the tag team title belts and hands them off to Sting and Darby, clapping for them before leaving the ring and letting them finish their celebration as Collision comes to an end.

Confirmed for Dynamite:
Daniel Garcia, Adam Copeland and Angelo Parker vs The Patriarchy
We'll Hear From Swerve Strickland
Jon Moxley vs Dustin Rhodes

DTP

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite: Homecoming - January 10, 2024:

After a rousing first week, I'm looking forward to seeing what we have at play, with the return to Daily's Place. I'm really glad to see consistency with shows being produced. It shows great enthusiasm, and, while perhaps a lot for readers to keep up with, the amount of shows make it important in my mind to keep stories flowing without the big stretch in playing out in real-time.

I've little doubt that The Butcher and The Blade would have one hell of a match with Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson, and the Blackpool Combat Club winning made most sense. I'll be interested in if you decide to have the rankings reintroduced - though admittedly, I personally hope you don't for limitation of creative licence. Adam Copeland intertwining with the BCC felt true to how an AEW show would be produced from a technical standpoint. I do like the idea of Don Callis and his Family meddling with Copeland next, though I do think it's premature to see his beef with Christian Cage come to an end. Surely that isn't it, anyway. A detour is not a bad way to go, and a guy like Powerhouse Hobbs could use with the rub of being associated with Copeland in a match.

It truly feels like Komander is one of the many luchadores that have been treading water in the last few months, just sort of having matches and looking promising - but that's, like, it. Wardlow needed the win here, and one thing I'd like to see you really pick up on is the dangerousness of the Undisputed Kingdom faction. Understandably with Adam Cole and MJF both injured or off-screen right now, it's difficult, but there is so much potential to be had here. AEW has so many factions it's hard to stand out - and that's where they've gone wrong with groups like the Don Callis Family and the Undisputed Kingdom.

The jury's still out on Dante Martin as a competent AEW International Champion, this early into his reign. I feel like Dante comes off as a minor step down from Orange Cassidy, and while he can deliver matches, he probably doesn't have the drawing potential that Orange does. Still, a David vs Goliath match with Brian Cage sounds good.

Thunder Rosa and Hikaru Shida is the type of big match AEW typically misses with its' women's division. Good win for Rosa, who should be in the running for a title opportunity. It seems she'll be heading for Julia Hart's AEW TBS Championship, which is a good shout. Julia has done well, but Rosa needs the win when we reach this stage.

I absolutely love Matt Menard and feel like he and Angelo Parker have been done dirty ever since the Jericho Appreciation Society began to fizzle. Hopefully you do them justice. Really lovely stuff with them and Daniel Garcia reuniting as it were, even if they simply distanced in recent months. Really these three have potential to be a really great underdog addition to the Trios Division.

We rarely ever see two women's matches on AEW Dynamite, so I'm pleased to see it. Jamie Hayter defeating Nyla Rose is another big match for the women. I'm still surprised to see Hayter back - this re-established her as a major face. I suspect we'll see her and Toni Storm continue to trade the AEW Women's World Championship in the near future. I think there's so much to be done with Toni in this character. Nyla deserves more to do, in my mind. She could easily be a credible gatekeeper.

If I'm honest, I didn't vibe with Orange Cassidy getting the win over Peter Avalon - it just didn't feel like much of a Dynamite match. It may have been better suited on Rampage, or even Collision. Nonetheless, it gives Orange a momentum-repairing win after losing the AEW International Championship. An Orange depression arc could be fun, with the Best Friends trying to reconcile him. I always thought Cassidy having a dark side could be a fun thing. Maybe like when Keiji Mutoh transforms into the Great Muta or Jushin Liger becomes Kishin Liger, Orange could become a motivated, overpowered beast in black jeans when it counts in rivalries...

Eddie Kingston's promo was well written, and I look forward to seeing how you resume things with the AEW Continental Crown Champion. I'm curious where his reign leads.

Penta El Zero M was a good, strong name to help Swerve Strickland get over. This was the right call, and I absolutely think that he should be coming up to an AEW World Championship victory. In my opinion, he's the most logical choice as Samoa Joe's successor. Swerve just has it all, right now.

I made my feelings pretty clear last time about Sting getting an AEW World Championship opportunity last week, in what is Sting's first singles match since 2015. The write-up was pretty good, and I did like you adding that ruthless edge to the thus far confident champion. Samoa Joe is for all intents and purposes a transitional champion, in my opinion - but he is one that can also be a fun champion. I was surprised to see Darby Allin not involved here, but Hangman Page's involvement indicates that's where we are headed.

AEW Rampage: Homecoming - January 12, 2024:

Aww, I am glad to see Chuck Taylor join commentary. I'll forever be a huge fan of his, dating back to his days in IWA: Mid-South. I guess with him out injured, and Chris Jericho & Matt Menard preoccupied, this makes sense as the rotating third member of the announce team.

Sammy Guevara continued to be in purgatory, and hopefully this will be the start of a new chapter in his career. He's a weird one, is Sammy. Good win against Kip Sabian. I feel like more could have been done to highlight these two as AEW originals battling it out.

The Acclaimed getting the win over the Righteous made for a good building win for the AEW World Trios Champions. I could have seen this fitting right at home on AEW Collision. It's a tricky situation for Max Caster, Anthony Bowens and Billy Gunn, as the Trios division truly is packed with teams right now - but very few are actually worthy of defeating the Acclaimed and Daddy Ass.

Keith Lee announcing his entry into the Face of the Revolution Ladder match is nice and all, but it's pretty early, two months away from AEW Revolution.

Lastly, big win for Dante Martin over Brian Cage in a continuation of the underdog overcoming the giant for the AEW International Championship. It did the job of building Martin as the champ, but it may take much more than this.

Not a bad Rampage - I feel like you could have thrown in a fourth match or a proper promo, personally.

AEW Collision - January 13, 2024:

It is no secret this show struggles furiously when faced with competition from WWE Premium Live Events, so I'm curious how you plan to navigate this in the coming weeks.

Glad to see the cold open interviews continue, which in textual form really helps highlight the big and important matches on the card.

I maybe would have started with a stronger match than Daniel Garcia and Lee Moriarty, but AEW Collision has opened with less. Garcia has been established by the Continental Classic, at least. Good win to get Garcia over Moriarty...man, I just don't see the point of Shane Taylor in AEW or ROH. He holds Moriarty back in a bad way.

Claudio Castagnoli over Matt Sydal made sense, and read like a fun match. I can only imagine that the interruption from Jay White could potentially serve as precursor for a Bullet Club Gold beef with the Blackpool Combat Club. Given how moot BCC's role on AEW programming has felt in more recent months, I welcome the change.

I'm glad to see Billie Starkz step away from Ring of Honor for a change, even in defeat to Ruby Soho. I guess this means that Ruby's little romance with Angelo Parker is over, huh. I feel like we could have switched this with one of the women's matches on Dynamite, and had a stronger match for the women on this show.

A surprise to see the Men of the Year back together, but it does provide Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page with something to do after so long. It also gave Big Bill and Ricky Starks a strong win against a formerly established team. It sets them up as AEW World Tag Team Champions well, and a decent promo write-up after this for Ricky. All I'll say is Sting receiving a second title opportunity in two weeks is hilarious, especially after the decisive manner in which Sting lost his AEW World Championship opportunity. I did like Sting and Darby Allin's cinematic response, though.

Hangman Page over Mike Bennett made most sense, even if I don't think that beating the Devil's Kingdom this early is a good idea. I feel like Roderick Strong, Bennett and Matt Taven should have been out for blood, especially since Hanger beat Roddy last month, as well.

The world is HOOK's oyster in 2024 - let's hope there is more for him out there than being stuck with the FTW Championship. A match with Jay Lethal sounds okay, but he needs something really strong soon to really allow him to progress to the next level.

Ah okay, there's Jordan Oliver. It makes sense, given Nick Wayne's involvement. It also pads out the Patriarchy well. I loved Christian Cage's promo here, and I do envision Daniel Garcia being a decent fodder for his reign as AEW TNT Champion. I am sad Cage did not allude to Daddy Magic being Danny's living father once. Sounds like Dynamite will be a good expository win for the East West Express.

Lastly, really great main event with Bryan Danielson forcing Malakai Black into submission. I maybe would have refrained from doing that, as I feel there is much more to the Blackpool Combat Club's differences with the House of Black. That said, I dug the chaotic nature of the events that transpired here.

Overall, this was a great week of television that I thought was much better than the first.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Another great job in the cold opening of Collision, accurately portraying the mannerisms of some of your stars, especially Jay White and Ricky Starks. While I am a fan of the current Bang Bang Scissor Gang hijinks, I don’t think there’s much doubt that BCG vs. BCC is a more high profile use for Switchblade, who has had a hard time maintaining the spotlight throughout parts of his AEW run.

Good use of Dustin Rhodes as a credible challenger for Eddie to overcome. With the Continental Crown being the most “purely” competitive title in the company, this kind of face versus face collision (pun intended) between battle tested vets is the perfect showcase for it. It would be hard to envision CJ Perry, with her flair for the dramatic, genuinely being interested in managing the grimy Kingston, but I 100% buy her trying to use her wiles to set him up for Miro. That’s a great PPV quality feud/match for the Crown, and hopefully the path this is going.

RUSH potentially winning a World Title opportunity: based

Preston Vance beating The Bounty Hunter: cursed, but I can see it serving a purpose.

I thought the dialogue between Christian and Copeland coulda been a touch better refined, but I have no qualms with the booking of the segment. I always appreciate seeing a booker being able to intertwine multiple parties into one single feud, which is very much the Tony Khan way as it happens. I would love to see Danny get one over on Christian and become TNT Champion but I know that’s a long shot. On the other hand, the issues between Christian and Copeland run much deeper than the TNT Championship, so it would not derail that rivalry to have Christian drop it. Therefore, I maintain hope that this might be the rivalry that gets Danny his first gold in AEW.

Good call on having Rosa go after Julia’s title. I think this is a match that Julia deserves to win to provide further validity to her reign, Rosa certainly isn’t in any desperate need of being legitimized. And though I am a fan of hers, I think the division has in many ways started to pass her up to the point that she isn’t needed as a centerpiece. But we’ll see how it goes. I liked Julia’s promo. I get the instinct to go ahead and knock out both the HOB promos in one segment, but I did kinda feel that doing it the way you did made Malakai overshadow Julia a bit.

I found the description of the action in Castagnoli vs. Switchblade to be really on point. Jay is the kind of guy to beat a guy very progressively, and cerebral was the perfect adjective. I’ve often compared his in-ring style to Randy Orton in that there isn’t a ton of flash. It’s all very methodical. Not everyone’s cup of tea, honestly, but I consider it a welcome addition to the more spot-based style of many in AEW. I guess now Danielson has two foes to be watching his back for. Maybe Switch and Malakai form an alliance down the line… Black & White?

Verrry intriguing booking of the main event. Of course this match just happened in real life and was a treat. I’m someone who is very on board with Sting and Darby’s last bout being against The Bucks but of course there are many great options for who gets that honor. Based on what I’m seeing here, it looks like FTR might be the front-runners for that. I’m going to read into Flair’s unwelcome involvement in this as a segue to have Sting and Darby spurn him and ultimately play into the program with FTR. I was also picking up on some face-like cues from Starks in this match, I think? I’m not opposed to the idea of it, but he has felt a little wishy washy in terms of his alignment recently, prior to teaming with Big Bill, so I think I’d prefer to see him stay in the villain role for a while longer. Could see a Starks vs. Sting singles match before The Icon’s final match being in the cards as well, I think that’d be very cool for Starks and well-earned given his involvement with Sting and Darby over the years.

Collision was a real good show this week once again, and I’m really starting to feel a good level of investment in your feuds and an excitement to see how your Revolution card shapes up. Also, congrats on winning BTBOTM, it was very much deserved!

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite 1/24/24
from Savannah, GA
Dynamite Banner.png

*Pyro*

*Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Taz welcome us to the show*

Dynamite begins with the entrance of the AEW Champion, Samoa Joe. Joe storms to the ring angrily, dressed in a suit and holding the AEW Championship by his side as he slides under the bottom rope. Joe seizes a microphone from Justin Roberts and paces around the ring a bit while commentary tells us that Joe's appearance wasn't planned until later in the night.
Joe: Swerve Strickland, last week you and your boys made the biggest mistake of your professional lives. If you wanted a shot at the AEW Title, all you had to do was ask... but when you had your little lapdogs jump me from behind, you opened yourself up to a world of pain that'll make that Texas Deathmatch you had with Hangman feel like a training session. I'm not Hangman, Swerve. You can't get under the AEW Champion's skin and expect not to pay dearly for it, and if you'd get your ass out here right now I'll prove it to you.

WHOSE HOUSE?

Swerve Strickland slowly saunters down the ramp accompanied by Prince Nana. When Swerve reaches the halfway point of the ramp, it's revealed that the Mogul Embassy is trailing behind him. Swerve approaches the ring and Joe steps towards the ropes, holding them open and inviting Strickland in for what's sure to be a fight despite the numbers advantage going against Joe. Rather than accepting Joe's invitation, Swerve peels off towards the timekeeper's table and takes a microphone of his own.

Swerve: Joe I gotta respect that you aren't afraid to get your ass whooped by the Mogul Embassy yet again, but I need you to slow down. See, for me to become AEW Champion, you need to stay in one piece so I can take that belt away from you. But, if you really want to get in the ring with me so badly, I think the perfect time would be in just over a month at Revolution. See, I don't think either one of us need to be wasting our time with losers like Hangman Page. This company revolves around one thing, and you're holding it over your shoulder right now. But what I can say, is-

As Joe looks around at the Mogul Embassy members surrounding the ring and clearly isn’t hearing Swerve’s message about not fighting tonight, HANGMAN PAGE’s music begins to play and he sprints down the aisle, running headfirst into a brawl with Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony. Swerve walks around ringside and joins the fight, making it four-on-one against Hangman when Samoa Joe dives through the ropes with a tope suicida and takes everyone down! Joe quickly rolls Bishop Kaun into the ring and starts battering him with punches and chops before planting him with the Muscle Buster!

Toa Liona tries to avenge his partner but loses a strike exchange with the champion, who sends a staggering Liona straight into the Buckshot Lariat from Hangman! Page and Joe stare each other down, only to be interrupted by an attacking Brian Cage that takes down Hangman from behind. Joe looks to lock Cage in the Coquina Clutch but he meets heavy resistance in the form of some hard elbows to the midsection. However, the unlikely team of Joe and Hangman come together to land a combination that sees Hangman clatter Cage with a discus forearm and then Joe plant him with a uranage. Finally Swerve gets in the ring, seething mad as his team has just been taken out, and the three confront each other intensely. Just before it can devolve into blows, Tony Schiavone stands up at commentary with a microphone.

Schiavone: Swerve, Hangman, Joe, you guys might want to listen up. I’ve just been told direct from the office of Tony Khan, that the AEW Championship match at Revolution will be a three-way dance between Samoa Joe, Swerve Strickland, and Hangman Adam Page!

The crowd explodes while Swerve leans over the ropes facing commentary, yelling out at Schiavone while Prince Nana does the same at ringside. Joe nods his head in approval, happy to get a chance to lay waste to both challengers, while Hangman doesn’t break stride in his staredown with Joe. Noticing that Swerve’s attention is diverted, though, Page takes a run at him. Nana manages to grab Swerve’s foot and help him narrowly escape the attack by sliding under the bottom rope, and Swerve yells at Hangman and Joe while retreating with Mogul Embassy as our opening segment comes to a close.

Once the chaos clears from ringside, we get the entrances of Komander and Dante Martin, who are set to clash in an International Title Eliminator match. Commentary notes that if Komander wins here, he should receive a title shot in the future.

Dante Martin vs Komander
Right out of the gate, both men display their superior athleticism and leaping ability with an impressive leapfrog sequence that sees Dante clear Komander, who’s not even ducking. The match is incredibly back-and-forth, both men trading aerial offense throughout the compressed time frame that this match works within. Komander does put himself in the driver's seat with a rope-walk 450 splash that Dante narrowly kicks out of, but Komander's attempt at a Tornado DDT is countered expertly by Dante who tosses his opponent across the ring and lands the Double Jump Moonsault for another huge victory.

Dante celebrates with the International Championship, fending off the challenge of Komander to build more momentum in his fledgling title reign. Dante shakes hands with his opponent before leaving the ring, celebrating with fans all the way to the back as Dynamite hits its first break.

Dynamite returns from the break with the entrance of Jon Moxley, who looks as ready to fight as ever as he stomps through the crowd on his unconventional way to the ring. Out next is his opponent "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes, fresh off a hard-fought loss against Eddie Kingston on Collision. Mox and Dustin stand in opposite corners staring intensely at one another as Paul Turner calls for the bell.

Jon Moxley vs Dustin Rhodes

Notably unaccompanied by any Blackpool Combat Club members, Moxley takes full advantage of Dustin's lessened condition following his war with Kingston on Saturday. Mox ruthlessly goes after the head and neck of Dustin, both areas that were targeted by Kingston in his title defense. Mox finds some resistance though, taking some damage in the form of Dustin's signature drop down uppercut and a picture-perfect powerslam. Dustin's advantage is short-lived, though, because Moxley is able to turn a spinebuster attempt into the Death Rider at the drop of a hat, spiking Dustin on his head and picking up an easy three count.

Mox doesn't spend a lot of time celebrating, instead he flashes middle fingers to his downed opponent and leaves the arena with the same intensity he entered it with. As soon as he crosses the curtain, we're told that Renee Paquette is standing by with Bullet Club Gold.

Renee: Another big win for you on Collision Jay, and now it seems there's only one member of the Blackpool Combat Club left for you to set your sights on.

While the Gunns stand behind him behaving like morons per usual, Switchblade beams and leans into Renee's microphone.
Switchblade: That's right Renee, that's three down and one left for the Switchblade! But I don't think anybody understands just how long I've been waiting to get my hands on Bryan Danielson. This isn't a match that began to cross my mind when I signed with AEW. This isn't a match that I began to dream of when I began my journey in New Japan Pro Wrestling, no. Wrestling Bryan Danielson has been one of my only goals from the first time I saw him do what he does, when I was sitting at home in New Zealand watching Ring of Honor clips. My wins over Jon Moxley, Wheeler Yuta, and Claudio Castagnoli have all proven that not only is Bullet Club Gold the most dominant faction in AEW, but The Switchblade is not going anywhere any time soon... but what beating Bryan Danielson will prove, is that I am the greatest professional wrestler alive today. Hell, why stop there? This Saturday, when I beat Bryan Danielson, who I personally believe to be the greatest of all time, that will make me the greatest of all time. King Switch will be more than just a moniker, King Switch will become a stone-cold truth. And all I have to do... is beat Bryan Danielson.

The Gunns hype Jay up, telling their leader how great he is and how certain his victory over Danielson will be. They're approached now by Jon Moxley, carrying a water bottle and sweating after his match. Mox stops in front of the Bang Bang Gang and takes a swig of his water before speaking one line.
Moxley: Yeah, good luck with that.

Moxley rolls his eyes as he walks off, clearly not buying that a victory over Danielson is as inevitable as Switchblade and the Gunns are making it out to be. When the camera comes back to the arena, we see the Dark Order make their way to the ring for trios action. Silver and Reynolds are joined by Evil Uno, who is actually wrestling in what seems to be a rare occasion these days. Out next are the AEW Trios Champions, The Acclaimed, who garner a pretty major reaction from the crowd. Caster runs down his opponents on the mic before the match gets underway.

Dark Order vs The Acclaimed

Dark Order does manage to maintain some offense for the opening few minutes of the match, isolating Caster from his team and keeping the much larger opponent on the mat. Silver is impressive in particular, even managing to hoist Caster up and slam him down. Of course the amount of flexing that ensues from Silver costs his team dearly, because Caster recovers, takes him down, and tags in Daddy Ass. Billy opens up a can on all three of his opponents, then weathers an offensive storm from Silver and drops him with a devastating sleeper suplex for a nearfall. Silver scrambles to tag in Reynolds, who meets a similar fate when he's dropped by the Fame-Asser. The cover is broken up by Uno, but now the action deteriorates. In the ensuing chaos, Billy tags in Bowens who unleashes a devastating combination of moves on Reynolds before going outside the ring to help Caster dispatch of Uno and Silver. With Reynolds already down and now completely isolated, Bowens hits The Arrival and Caster finishes him with the Mic Drop for an Acclaimed victory.

The Acclaimed celebrate as usual, getting as big a reaction as they did for their entrance. Bowens and Caster scissor with Billy in the ring before Dynamite heads to another commercial.

When Dynamite returns, we see The Don Callis Family standing in a hallway backstage. Callis stands in the center with Takeshita to his left, Hobbs to his right, and Fletcher to the right of Hobbs. It appears as though Takeshita is about to begin to speak, but Don Callis starts shouting first.

Callis: I hope you all can just take a second to understand what you're looking at right here. This man to my left has a force in AEW since the second he stepped off his flight from Japan. The man to my right would've had the defining victory of his career last week if not for a plan between myself and Christian Cage that didn't exactly go right, and I'll admit that. And Kyle Fletcher is the most promising young star this business has to offer. What you see here is the greatest group, the most well-oiled machine in professional wrestling, and it's all mine! We have the ROH TV Title in our camp already, and after Revolution we'll be guaranteed a shot at the AEW Championship, because both Takeshita and Hobbs are entering the qualifying pool for the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match, and once those qualifying matches start in two weeks, the only thing left to decide when it comes to my boys and the AEW Title, is which one of them ends up holding it.

Takeshita points at the camera as if he's about to speak once more, but Callis taps him on the shoulder and leads him off screen with the rest of the group instead. Back in the arena, Skye Blue makes her way to the ring. She's followed by Hikaru Shida, this match made after Skye and Julia Hart launched a vicious attack on Shida and Thunder Rosa back at Dynamite: Homecoming. Although Rosa already got one over on Skye on Collision, Shida now gets her own shot.

Skye Blue vs Hikaru Shida

The momentum favors Skye for a pretty significant chunk of the match as she employs every underhanded trick in the book to overcome the experience and ability deficit she's operating under against a competitor like Shida, but ultimately Shida's fighting spirit is too much to keep down for long. Once Shida fights her way back into the match, though, Julia Hart begins to stroll down to ringside. She walks around the ring until she can grab Shida's kendo stick, which grabs the attention of Aubrey Edwards. As Aubrey warns Julia to put the weapon away to no avail, Shida decides to take matters into her own hands. She nudges Aubrey out of the way and leans out of the ring between the second and third rope, reaching for the kendo stick when she's sprayed in the eyes by the black mist! Aubrey was unable to see what happened thanks to Shida pushing her out of the way, and Skye quickly lands Code Blue on Shida, stacking her high on her shoulders so Aubrey can't see the evidence all over her face until it's too late and the three has been counted.

By the time Aubrey realizes what happened, it's too late as Skye and Julia hightail it out of there. Thunder Rosa sprints down the ramp to assist her blinded friend, just missing Skye and the TBS Champion as they've already left through the side of the stage. Commentary is put on camera to wish the best for Shida and mention that they've already seen what the black mist can do to other competitors, namely Skye Blue herself. When the ring is cleared and the attention returns back to the arena, we see the entrance of Queen Aminata. Aminata is a little less enthusiastic for the fans than normal, perhaps indicating that she'll be wrestling a fan favorite tonight. This suspicion is confirmed with the arrival of Jamie Hayter, who gets an uproarious cheer as she has every week since her return. The former AEW Women's Champion hits the ring and poses for the crowd, and the match gets started.

Queen Aminata vs Jamie Hayter
Hayter is caught off guard early by Aminata's in-ring prowess, which becomes evident when Aminata takes Hayter to the mat with a side headlock takeover early in the action. Unfortunately for Aminata, though, once Hayter gets her bearings the offense is almost nonstop. Jamie avoids a dropkick and smoothly turns it into a sliding lariat to her opponent, then scoops her up and hits a brutal exploder into the corner. While the ensuing cover gets only a nearfall, Hayter forgoes frustration and keeps on the attack, showing some serious aggression as she ragdolls Aminata to the center of the ring and lands Hayterade to finish this one off.

After yet another dominating win since her return, Hayter ascends the ramp while celebrating with members of the audience. Jamie is interrupted just before she can leave, though, by the black-and-white filtered arrival of "Timeless" Toni Storm flanked by Mariah May and Luther. Toni dramatically exits the curtain and stands across from Hayter just in front of the video screens at the top of the ramp, a microphone held in her hand like a martini glass.

Toni: Jamie darling that was marvelous, absolutely breathtaking. The critics are already saying they haven't seen a performance that splendid since Vivien Leigh, but there's just one issue... I would've mopped the floor with that old hag too, just like I'll do to you! You should be counting down the days until your delusions of grandeur are crushed! It's a tough business, darling, and not all of us are cut out to reach the top.

Toni dramatically flips the microphone out of her hand and to the ground, Jamie actually openly laughing at our unhinged AEW Women's Champion. Hayter leaves with her hands on her hips, knowing that a title match is in her future while Toni makes a detour to berate the commentators, hijacking Schiavone's headset to yell "and now a word from our sponsors!" to send the show to break.

When Dynamite returns, The Devil's Kingdom makes their entrance to a hearty helping of jeers from Savannah. Cole gingerly enters the ring on his crutches, assisted by The Kingdom and Roderick Strong while Wardlow stands stoically in the ring and sets up a folding chair for Cole to sit on. Cole does so, and begins to talk.

Cole: Well, well, well, Georgia. Another week, another episode of Dynamite where MJF is nowhere to be seen. It appears that in conjunction with Samoa Joe, even on one leg I'm man enough to not only take the AEW Championship from Max, I drove him all the way out of this damn company! At least, I hope that's the case for Max's sake. Because honestly, if he were to come crawling back to AEW, he'd leave the ring in even worse shape than he did at World's End. Just think about it: the first time MJF took an extended break from this company that he claims to love so much, that he claimed to have on his back... it was because of Wardlow.

The camera zooms in on Wardlow, who stands emotionless with his arms crossed over Adam Cole's right shoulder.
Cole: Yeah, that's right. Back in 2022, this man right here powerbombed Max TEN times. He got his ass handed to him so bad, he went on his little tirade against Tony Khan and sat at home for months, coming up with some ridiculous plan to take over the top spot in the company. Well guess what, Max. That ain't happening again. If you were the man you've spent the last eight months pretending to be, you'd already be back in the ring. But you're not, are you? You're at home, cuddled up watching Dynamite and praying that this company doesn't leave you in the dust. I mean, hell, you were healthy enough to defend the AEW Title against Samoa Joe, right? You were healthy enough to "protect me" at Full Gear, right? You were healthy enough to defend these ROH Tag Team Titles on my behalf time and time again, right?

Cole laughs as The Kingdom show off their ROH Tag belts, the crowd's boos now getting more feverish.
Cole: The things you convinced yourself you needed to do to prove to these idiots that you weren't the scheming, conniving, egomaniacal scumbag that we all know you are ended up being what finally broke you, and I think that's great, honestly. But if you have any plans of showing your face in AEW again, because as much as I know your body is broken down, I also know just how stupid you are... then how about a match at Revolution. And yes Max, I wish just as much as you do that I was healthy enough to get in the ring with you and put your career to bed once and for all myself, but we'll have to settle for your time in AEW ending the same way it should have the first time. A match against WARDLOW.

For the first time in this entire segment, Wardlow cracks a smile as Cole proposes this match to the injured MJF. The crowd chants "he's our scumbag" while Cole laughs them off, addressing the camera one last time.
Cole: You hear that, Max? They want you to accept the challenge. I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you people, though. It wouldn't be the first time MJF abandoned all of you.

Cole drops the mic and The Devil's Kingdom leave the ring while commentary runs through the list of injuries MJF had been competing through over the last few months and unanimously agree it would be a bad decision for him to wrestle Wardlow at Revolution. As The Devil's Kingdom clears the arena, we finally get the entrances for our main event. First, Daniel Garcia and Angelo Parker, out to avenge the injury of Matt Menard who fell victim to the conchairto from the East West Express on last week's Dynamite. Next out is Adam Copeland, his entrance met with heavy fanfare. Then we get The Patriarchy, the unit consisting of Christian Cage, Nick Wayne and Jordan Oliver. They're accompanied by Killswitch, and both teams are separated to their corners by Rick Knox as the main event gets underway.

Daniel Garcia, Angelo Parker and Adam Copeland vs The Patriarchy w/ Killswitch

Garcia starts the match with Christian and jumps him early, showing a ton of fire in response to the Christian-endorsed injury of Daddy Magic. Ever the veteran, Cage wisely retreats to his corner and tags in Jordan Oliver, which draws boos. Oliver and Garcia go back and forth with Garcia getting the better of his young adversary, tagging in Adam Copeland who continues the advantage for his team. Angelo Parker gets some revenge for his partner as well once he's tagged in, but Nick Wayne sneaks in an illegal double team when Christian has the ref distracted to swing the momentum back in The Patriarchy's favor. From there, Parker is thoroughly manhandled by Oliver, Wayne and Christian. Cage grounds Parker, keeping him on the mat with various holds that draw the ire of the crowd while he taunts Garcia and Copeland in the corner. Cage hits a back suplex and sarcastically covers Parker with one foot, drawing only a one count but laughing as he drags Ang back to The Patriarchy's corner and tags in Nick Wayne. Wayne is mostly successful in keeping The Patriarchy in control, but makes a critical error when he has a hurricanrana countered into a powerbomb. As both men head to their respective corners, Wayne tags in Oliver and Parker tags in Copeland!

The Rated R Superstar is the proverbial house of fire, laying waste to both members of the East West Express as Christian jumps off the apron to narrowly avoid incoming contact. Copeland chases him to the floor but Killswitch steps between the two of them, and Cage stares at his longtime rival with a smug grin on his face. This temporary distraction allows Oliver to land a suicide dive on Copeland and bring him back into the ring, gathering a two count. The East West Express now put their tremendous chemistry on display, even isolating a competitor the caliber of Adam Copeland for a couple minutes before he's able to fight back and tag Garcia back into the match. DG manages to take out Oliver and Wayne, but Christian tries to sneak him with the Killswitch after a blind tag. Garcia counters this, hooking him for the Backdrop Driver which sends Christian sprawling desperately into the ropes and holding on for dear life to avoid it. Wayne and Oliver attempt to double team Garcia illegally once more, which finally brings Copeland into the ring to brawl with the two of them. As their fight moves to the outside, Garcia lands some offense on Cage and brings him into the corner, tagging in Angelo Parker. Parker heads to the top, looking to land some double team offense when Garcia is shoved into Parker by Christian! Angelo is crotched on the top rope, while Cage and Garcia trade blows in front of him. On the other side of the ring, Adam Copeland slides under the bottom rope and gets a head of steam, charging at an unsuspecting Christian Cage for the Spear, but Killswitch grabs Cage's ankle and pulls him, making him plant face-first on the mat but avoiding the contact and causing Copeland to smoke Daniel Garcia with the move inadvertently!

Wayne and Oliver charge into the ring, tackling Copeland out to the floor while Christian Cage, who is holding his face because it slammed off the mat when he was pulled down by Killswitch, grabs the crotched Angelo Parker and pulls him off the top rope into the ring, planting him with the Killswitch for the victory.

The audience boos voraciously while Cage gathers his sons and his TNT Title and heads up the ramp with another victory by the skin of his teeth under his belt. Rather than acknowledge that Killswitch basically saved the match for him, he yells at him for the injury to his face as Copeland tries to explain what happened to Garcia while Dynamite comes to an end.

Confirmed for Rampage:
Nyla Rose in Action
Darius Martin and Action Andretti vs Gates of Agony

Roderick Strong vs AR Fox

Confirmed for Collision:
"Switchblade" Jay White vs Bryan Danielson
FTR vs The Butcher and The Blade

Confirmed for Revolution:
Samoa Joe vs Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page.png

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Rampage: 1/26/24
from Savannah, GA

Rampage Banner.png

*Pyro*

*Excalibur, Taz and Chuck Taylor welcome us to the show*

Rampage begins with action immediately as "Superbad" Kip Sabian makes his way to the ring accompanied by Penelope Ford. Next out is the former International Champion, Orange Cassidy, who looks as unmotivated as he has the past few weeks. He's flanked by Danhausen, who Penelope Ford makes sure to keep her distance from as the bell rings and the match begins.

Kip Sabian w/ Penelope Ford vs Orange Cassidy w/ Danhausen
Sabian receives very little resistance from the opening bell, looking to pick up a huge win for his career and dominating the nonchalant Cassidy who barely fights back. OC does manage to narrowly kick out of the Draping Neckbreaker while Chuck Taylor on commentary mentions how down in the dumps Cassidy's been since losing the International Title to Dante Martin at New Year's Smash. Cassidy mounts some low-impact offense, but Sabian continues to dominate up until the point that he's about to go for Deathly Hallows to finish OC off. While he has Cassidy over his shoulders, Danhausen steps onto the apron and points towards Sabian, indicating that he's placed a curse on him. Sabian obviously laughs this off before Penelope Ford pulls Danhausen to the floor, causing him to comedically hit his face off the apron. However, while Sabian watches this, Cassidy escapes the Deathly Hallows and traps Sabian in the Mouse Trap for the three count!

Kip is consoled by Penelope as he's absolutely beside himself, while Excalibur and Taz argue over whether or not Danhausen's curse was to blame for Sabian's loss. They also make mention of how uncharacteristic it was for Orange Cassidy to be on the ropes like that against an opponent like Sabian and how lucky he was to salvage a win. While Cassidy is leaving the ring along with Danhausen, we go to a video package recapping what went down between Hangman, Swerve and Samoa Joe on Dynamite two nights ago.

We're shown clips of Hangman charging at the Mogul Embassy and various clips of interactions between the three of them. Then we see Tony Schiavone informing them of the AEW Title match at Revolution, and the varying reactions. Disgust from Swerve, a smile from Joe and indifference from Hangman. Then we cut to an unaired promo from Hangman Page, who is pacing around backstage.
Hangman: Swerve, I was never going to be done with you, but I'm actually glad you decided to get involved in my business again. Yeah, you know, it's a 2 birds with 1 stone situation for me at Revolution because when I win the three way dance, not only will I get the AEW Title back for a second time, I get the satisfaction of beating the two men that have done more to ruin my life over the past six months than anybody else. And yeah, it's still personal. Hell, even the AEW World Title is personal to me! Everybody knows that the peak of my career was winning that title from Kenny Omega, and to be honest with you, knocking Swerve and Joe's heads off their shoulders to get it back is going to be even sweeter. Boys, you better be ready - and not just at Revolution! You're gonna be catchin' hell from me as long as I'm still breathing and walking.

The video ends with a splitscreen view of all three competitors, and the broadcast returns to the arena where Dani Jordyn is already in the ring. Next out is her opponent, Nyla Rose, who will look to make quick work of this match.

Dani Jordyn vs Nyla Rose

To the surprise of nobody, Nyla is on the offensive from the moment the bell rings until the moment it rings again. She squashes her much smaller opponent like a bug in the corner and follows it with a vicious chokeslam. Nyla scoops up Jordyn's dead weight and lands the Beast Bomb, finishing the match as quickly as it started.

Nyla asserts her dominance by kicking Jordyn out of the ring before posing for the crowd as Rampage heads to break.

Rampage returns with the entrance of the Gates of Agony, accompanied to the ring by Prince Nana. Kaun and Liona look intimidating as always as they hit the ring and show off the ROH 6-Man Tag Titles to the crowd. Next out is the team of Darius Martin and Action Andretti with the International Champion Dante Martin trailing behind them. This match is an extension of the Dante vs Brian Cage match from two weeks ago, which commentary makes note of Cage's absence from ringside due to only one manager being allowed for each team by AEW's decision makers.

Gates of Agony w/ Prince Nana vs Darius Martin and Action Andretti w/ Dante Martin
Wisely, Martin and Andretti ignore the tag rules early and get the jump on their larger, stronger opponents by using their speed. They knock Kaun and Liona to the outside and connect with a pair of suicide dives before teaming up to roll Kaun into the ring and get the match started properly. Darius and Andretti display pretty impressive teamwork for much of the match, isolating Kaun and using exciting offense to keep him away from his very dangerous partner. However, Liona eventually gets tired of waiting and illegally charges into the ring, laying waste to both Martin and Andretti and ignoring admonishment from the official as he returns to his corner. Kaun then tags Liona in, and the tides turn for Martin and Andretti. The Gates of Agony begin to dominate, taking every opportunity to double team Darius and torture him in front of his brother on the outside. Eventually, Prince Nana calls for the match to be put away, but the double facebuster attempt is escaped by Darius who rolls to the corner and tags in Andretti. Action comes in with a springboard crossbody that drops both opponents, and continues the offensive flurry with the eventual aid of Darius Martin, who impressively tackles Toa Liona out of the ring. With Kaun and Andretti alone in the ring, Action looks to have a shot to win the match, but a double clothesline takes both men down momentarily. In this time, Darius gets back on the apron and looks to be headed towards the corner to ascend the ropes, but Prince Nana grabs his leg. The referee tells him he has to let go, but by that time Dante has already grabbed Nana by the collar and forcefully tossed him to the floor. However, this is enough of an opening for Toa Liona to clean Darius' clock with a vicious kick to the face, then tag into the match and help Kaun finish Andretti with a double spinebuster for a Gates of Agony victory.

A disappointed Dante Martin helps his brother and partner recuperate while watching Kaun, Liona and Nana celebrate their victory all the way up the ramp. Dante flashes the International Title at them though, reminding them that he beat Brian Cage fair and square. The show now cuts to a vignette from the House of Black.

Through shadows and sparking embers that rise on the screen, the four House of Black honorees step forward towards the camera and stand with their arms behind their backs. From left to right, they stand Matthews, Malakai, Brody and Julia. Malakai steps forward and speaks first, noting the message he left Thunder Rosa on Collision.

Malakai: I meant what I said last week about hunger. In humans, it causes errors. In animals, it's something that goes away and is replaced by complacency. When an animal is satisfied, it's no longer dangerous. What Bryan Danielson awoke within me is something that I think he'll come to regret in the very near future. But it's not only Bryan Danielson that needs to be afraid. See, a hungry animal isn't picky. They'll eat any prey that enters their crosshairs. It just so happens that tomorrow, Buddy, Brody and I have found ourselves some prey in the form of Ethan Page, Scorpio Sky and Christopher Daniels. It'll be a shame to see three men with as much experience as they have learn a valuable lesson in picking your battles, but I'm sure next time they'll choose a little wiser after they find themselves as nothing more than a sacrifice to the House.

All three men turn their heads and look at Julia as Malakai steps back into line with the rest of them, Julia now stepping forward with the TBS Title shining on her shoulder.
Julia: Rosa, have you reconsidered yet? I'll be the first to admit you don't look like you've lost a step since you came back, but looks are often deceiving. What's going on underneath the skin that was replaced in surgery? What's going to happen if I put my boot on the back of your neck and stomp down? The scary truth is, none of us know for sure... especially not you. Isn't that right, Rosa? But if you want to find out about your own fragility so badly, challenging me is a good place to start.

All four honorees sink back into the darkness, the video coming to an end and Rampage heading to a brief commercial.

The show returns with the entrances for our main event, a singles bout between Roderick Strong and AR Fox. Strong is out first, accompanied by Matt Taven and Mike Bennett as usual. Next is the energetic Fox, looking to bounce back from his loss to Powerhouse Hobbs earlier in the month. The crowd is visibly excited for these two great competitors to go at it as the bell sounds.

Roderick Strong w/ The Devil's Kingdom vs AR Fox

Fox and Strong go fast from the get-go, with Fox managing to avoid some of Strong's trademark devastating strikes and take him down with a flurry of offense that culminates with a Tope Atomico for barely a two count. Fox is clearly cognizant of Bennett and Taven on the outside, constantly reminding referee Paul Turner to keep them from getting involved as he heads to the top rope. Even this inadvertent distraction gives Roddy time to land a jumping knee from the mat to an ascending Fox, bringing him back to the mat and giving Roddy an advantage that he would keep on for the next several minutes. Strong, of course, works over the back of his opponent, landing various backbreakers and stretching and contorting Fox's spine with holds time and time again. The crowd backs Fox as he tries to get back into it, but Strong is able to drive him spine-first into the corner and keep him grounded. However, as Roddy hoists him up for the gutwrench backbreaker across the top rope, Fox manages to escape and pull Strong to the mat with the Iconoclasm, then maintains wrist control and steps through into a Cutter! This generates another nearfall, and a panicked Roddy rolls to the outside towards the sanctum that are his stablemates. Strong regroups with Bennett and Taven, but Fox quickly gets out to the apron and pushes off the ringpost, taking all three of them down with a moonsault! Strong is up to his feet first, just in time to catch a charging Fox out of a suicide dive and drive him down across his knee with a massive backbreaker!

Roddy deliriously rolls Fox back into the ring covers him, only getting a nearfall. As Roddy argues with Paul Turner about the speed of the count, Taven tries to throw a cheapshot at Fox but it's blocked and Fox rams Taven's head into the ringpost. Strong sprints towards the corner and clatters Fox with a running knee though, then drags him to the center of the ring and goes for End of Heartache to put it away. Remarkably, Fox LANDS ON HIS FEET when Roddy releases him, then quickly hits a standing shooting star press for a two count! Strong scrambles towards the ropes and is charged at by Fox, but Mike Bennett stands on the apron and shoves his stablemate off to the side. Fox lands his attack on Bennett instead, launching him to the floor, but Roddy now has a head of steam from the other side of the ring and he obliterates an unsuspecting AR Fox with the Sick Kick for a three count.

Roddy collects Taven and Bennett and leaves up the ramp, celebrating the narrowest of victories as if he's won the World Title. Fox is completely laid out though, selling the viciousness of Roderick Strong as Rampage ends with The Devil's Kingdom hoisting him on their shoulders.

Confirmed for Collision:
"Switchblade" Jay White vs Bryan Danielson
The House of Black vs Men of the Year and Christopher Daniels
FTR vs The Butcher and The Blade

Confirmed for Revolution:

Samoa Joe vs Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page.png

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs Swerve Strickland vs Hangman Page