AEW 2024: Crunch Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BookerMan

Reaction score
When last night's PPV ended I gave some thought to how crucial and interesting of a time this is for AEW, and became inspired to book their 2024 and beyond myself. I've done a BTB on another forum probably 7 or 8 years ago, but fantasy booking is something I love to do. Will update with roster information and the PPV schedule in coming posts.

ZERO HOUR

Willow Nightingale def. Kris Statlander

Killswitch wins a 20-Man Battle Royal for a TNT Title shot any time, any place

FTW Title Match Under FTW Rules
HOOK def. Wheeler Yuta

MAIN CARD

Daniel Garcia, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli and Mark Briscoe def. Jay Lethal, Brody King, RUSH and "Switchblade" Jay White

Miro def. Andrade El Idolo w/ CJ Perry
CJ aligns with Miro to secure the win

AEW Womens Championship Match
"Timeless" Toni Storm (c) w/ Luther def. Riho

Swerve Strickland w/ Prince Nana def. Dustin Rhodes

Sting, Darby Allin, Chris Jericho and Sammy Guevara def. Ricky Starks, Big Bill, Powerhouse Hobbs and Konosuke Takeshita

TBS Title Match
Julia Hart (c) def. Abadon

TNT Title No DQ Match
Adam Copeland def. Christian Cage (c) w/ "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne & Mother Wayne
Killswitch attempts to cash in his TNT Title opportunity post-match, but Christian convinces him to sign it over to him.

TNT Title Match
Christian Cage w/ The Patriarchy def. Adam Copeland (c)

Continental Classic Finals for the AEW/NJPW/ROH Triple Crown
Eddie Kingston (c) def. Jon Moxley

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe def. MJF (c)
Adam Cole is revealed to be The Devil after the match, with Roderick Strong, Wardlow, Mike Bennett and Matt Taven as The Devil's Men.

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Roster

Champions
AEW World Champion - Samoa Joe
TNT Champion - Christian Cage
Womens Champion - "Timeless" Toni Storm
Tag Team Champions - Darby Allin and Sting
Continental Champion - Eddie Kingston
International Champion - Dante Martin

TBS Champion - Julia Hart
Trios Champions - The Acclaimed & "Daddy Ass" Billy Gunn
FTW Champion - HOOK

"The Living Dead Girl" Abadon
Action Andretti
Adam Cole (The Devil's Kingdom)
"Rated R Superstar" Adam Copeland
"Hangman" Adam Page
Alex Reynolds (Dark Order)
Angelo Parker
Anna Jay
Anthony Ogogo
AR Fox
"The Fallen Goddess" Athena
Austin Gunn (Bullet Club Gold)
Bandido - Injured
Big Bill
Billie Starkz
Bishop Kaun (Mogul Embassy)
Brandon Cutler
Brian Cage (Mogul Embassy)
Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D
Brody King (House of Black)
Bryan Danielson (Blackpool Combat Club)
"Bounty Hunter" Bryan Keith
Buddy Matthews (House of Black)
Cash Wheeler (FTR)
Chris Jericho - Off TV
Christopher Daniels
Chuck Taylor (Best Friends)
Claudio Castagnoli (Blackpool Combat Club)
Colt Cabana
Colten Gunn (Bullet Club Gold)
Danhausen (Best Friends)
Daniel Garcia
Darius Martin (Top Flight)
Dax Harwood (FTR)
Diamante
Dralistico (La Faccion Ingobernable)
Dustin Rhodes
Dutch (The Righteous)
Emi Sakura
"All Ego" Ethan Page
Evil Uno (Dark Order)
Griff Garrison
Hikaru Shida
Isiah Kassidy (Private Party)
Jack Perry - Away
Jamie Hayter
Jay Lethal
"Switchblade" Jay White (Bullet Club Gold)
Jeff Hardy (Hardy Boyz)
Jeff Jarrett
John Silver (Dark Order)
Johnny TV
Jon Moxley (Blackpool Combat Club)
Jordan Oliver (The Patriarchy)
Josh Woods
Juice Robinson (Bullet Club Gold) - Injured
Katsuyori Shibata
Keith Lee
Kenny Omega - Injured
Killswitch (The Patriarchy)

Kip Sabian
Komander
Konosuke Takeshita (The Don Callis Family)
Kota Ibushi - Injured
Kyle Fletcher (The Don Callis Family)

Kyle O’Reilly - Injured
"The Murderhawk Monster" Lance Archer
"Big Shotty" Lee Johnson
"TAIGASTYLE" Lee Moriarty
Leila Grey
Leyla Hirsch
Luther
Madison Rayne
Malakai Black (House of Black)
Mariah May
Marina Shafir
Mark Briscoe
Mark Davis (Aussie Open) - Injured
Marq Quen (Private Party)
Marshall Von Erich (The Von Erichs)
Matt Hardy (Hardy Boyz)
Matt Jackson (Young Bucks)
"Daddy Magic" Matt Menard
Matt Sydal
Matt Taven (The Devil's Kingdom)
Mercedes Martinez
Michael Nakazawa
Mike Bennett (The Devil's Kingdom)
Mike Santana
Miro
MJF
Nick Commoroto
Nick Jackson (Young Bucks)
"The Prodigy" Nick Wayne (The Patriarchy)
Nyla Rose
Orange Cassidy
Ortiz
PAC - Injured
Paul Wight
"The Superbad Girl" Penelope Ford
Penta El Zero M (Lucha Bros)
"Pretty" Peter Avalon
Powerhouse Hobbs (The Don Callis Family)
"El Perro Peligroso" Preston Vance (La Faccion Ingobernable)
Red Velvet
Rey Fenix (Lucha Bros) - Injured
Ricky Starks
Riho
Roderick Strong (The Devil's Kingdom)
Ross Von Erich (The Von Erichs)
Ruby Soho
RUSH (La Faccion Ingobernable)
Sammy Guevara
Saraya
"Platinum" Satnam Singh
Scorpio Sky
Serpentico
"The Captain" Shawn Dean
Skye Blue
Stu Grayson (The Righteous)
Swerve Strickland (Mogul Embassy)
Tay Melo - Maternity Leave
Taya Valkyrie
The Blade (Butcher and The Blade)
The Butcher (Butcher and The Blade)
Thunder Rosa
Toa Liona (Mogul Embassy)
Trent Beretta (Best Friends)
Vincent (The Righteous)
Wardlow (The Devil's Kingdom)
Wheeler Yuta (Blackpool Combat Club)
Will Ospreay (The Don Callis Family)
Willow Nightingale
Yuka Sakazaki

I will not be writing ROH results in full, but I will make mention of major results/title changes within the promotion. Their champions as of now:
ROH Champion - Eddie Kingston
TV Champion - Kyle Fletcher
PURE Champion - Wheeler Yuta

Tag Team Champions - Matt Taven and Mike Bennett
Womens Champion - Athena
Womens TV Champion - Vacant
Trios Champions - Mogul Embassy

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE

AEW Dynamite - Wednesday 8/7c on TBS
Dynamite Banner.png

AEW Rampage - Friday 10/9c on TNT
Rampage Banner.png

AEW Collision - Saturday 8/7c on TNT

Collision Banner.png

REVOLUTION - Sunday, March 3rd
Double or Nothing - Sunday, May 26th
AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door - Sunday, June 30th
ALL IN - Sunday, August 25th
WrestleDream - Saturday, October 5th
Full Gear - Saturday, November 23rd
World's End - Saturday, December 28th

Last edited:

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Good to see another fantasy booker.

Tip: when you want to change coloured text back to black text, use the "remove formatting" option and don't just pick black. I use the dark theme and as a result most of your posts are completely unreadable.

BookerMan

Reaction score
Good to see another fantasy booker.

Tip: when you want to change coloured text back to black text, use the "remove formatting" option and don't just pick black. I use the dark theme and as a result most of your posts are completely unreadable.
Just fixed it, in the roster post at least. Let me know if that’s good and thank you for the heads up!

Reactions: Stojy

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite: New Year's Smash 1/3/24
from Newark, NJ
Dynamite Banner.png

*Pyro*
*Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Tazz introduce the show*

International Championship Match
Orange Cassidy (c) vs Dante Martin

Dynamite's opener comes courtesy of a match announced in a backstage segment at World's End, where an increasingly paranoid Orange Cassidy jumped the gun on accepting a challenge from Top Flight's young star. The match is as back-and-forth as one would expect, with Cassidy exerting his full energy in order to keep his title. Martin's otherworldly athleticism helps him keep Cassidy off balance, gaining nearfalls off a couple high-flying moves before Cassidy gets back into the fight. Cassidy connects with an Orange Punch while Martin is ascending to the top rope, sending him crashing to the floor. OC finally gets Martin back into the ring, but he kicks out at 2 dramatically. With the crowd frenzied, Cassidy loads up for another Orange Punch, which Martin manages to dodge and shove his opponent chest-first into the corner. Remarkably quickly, Dante springboards to the top for a double jump moonsault and hooks both of Cassidy's legs for a pin attempt.
1... 2... 3!

NEW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION:
DANTE MARTIN

Darius Martin and Action Andretti make their way to the ring to celebrate Dante's improbable upset to kick off AEW's 2024. There's a mix of shock and excitement in the audience as Martin raises the belt above his head and the shot fades to backstage.

In the back, Samoa Joe is standing with the original AEW Championship belt draped over his left shoulder on top of the white towel wrapped around his neck. He's dressed in his yellow and black wrestling gear, wrists taped as he stands beside Renee Young in the interview area.

Renee: Thanks Tony, I'm standing by with our new AEW Champion, Samoa Joe, whose deal with the devil seems to have paid off as he came away from World's End victorious. Joe, you stated in the media scrum that you're coming into this title reign putting targets on your challengers rather than the other way around. My question is: is there anybody in particular you might be going after for your first title defense?

Joe: Renee it's funny you asked that actually, because I requested this interview time for a purpose. First and foremost, to answer your question, I don't have anybody in mind. I commit acts of violence indiscriminately. And to prove my point, I'm doing what any self-respecting fighting champion, unlike Max, should do. I'm issuing an open challenge for my AEW Championship... tonight. I don't have to play up to any of these fans that I'm some type of valiant fighting champion, because it goes without saying. The King of Television has become the King of AEW, and tonight, I feel sorry for whatever poor soul tries to come get the crown.

Joe exits frame with a smirk, leaving Renee standing on camera as the show fades to a commercial break.

Dynamite returns from commercial with the entrance for the in-ring debut of "The Glamour" Mariah May, who is met with much fanfare thanks to her role as "Timeless" Toni Storm's biggest fan. She makes her way to the ring and awaits her opponent, when...

the returning JAMIE HAYTER makes her way to the ring, exploding the crowd as the former AEW Womens Champion steps out from behind the curtain. Mariah looks terrified, arguing with the referee as if she had agreed on a different opponent for her debut match.

"The Glamour" Mariah May vs Jamie Hayter
Despite being visibly shaken by the reveal of her opponent, Mariah does an excellent job of avoiding Jamie's offense in the early going, although she doesn't do a great job of dishing out any offense of her own. Mariah does eventually fight back, but Jamie's unrelenting attack just ends up being too much. May manages to avoid Hayter's first attempt at a vicious lariat, but she's caught rebounding off the ropes with one that nearly decapitates her, and Hayter picks up the three count spoiling Mariah's AEW in-ring debut.

Jamie pantomimes a belt around her waist into the camera as Mariah sulks in the corner with her head in her hands before the camera fades to the interview area once more, where Renee Young is standing with the first American Triple Crown winner, Eddie Kingston.

Renee: Eddie, at World's End you not only won the Continental Classic tournament by defeating Jon Moxley, but you captured the first ever American Triple Crown, adding the Continental Championship to your ROH and NJPW Strong Openweight titles. We all know this means the world to you, but can you put in your own words how it feel-

Renee is cut off by the presence of the Blackpool Combat Club, with Bryan Danielson standing in front of Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta directly across from Kingston. Recognizing the situation, Renee backs up and gives some space as Eddie obviously looks ready for a fight.
Danielson: We're not here to start anything, we had our chance in the Continental Classic. I just wanted to tell you what I said on commentary at World's End since you probably didn't hear it, but I-

Kingston rolls his eyes as he cuts off Bryan, snatching the mic from Renee and pointing a finger in Danielson's face.
Kingston: Yeah yeah, I heard the whole deal. You still think I'm a bum but you respect me as a wrestler, blah blah blah. I ain't here to tell people I respect 'em, dawg. I might still think you're one of the most condescending little rats I ever met, but I'm willing to shake your hand for the wars we've been through in that ring.

Kingston extends his hand towards The American Dragon, and his handshake is reciprocated immediately. Danielson exits frame past Kingston, and the BCC follows. Mox gives King a fist bump as he walks by, and Eddie shares vaguely confrontational staredowns with Claudio and Yuta. Renee steps forward and goes to ask her question once again, but this time they're interrupted by another group: The Don Callis Family. Eddie and Renee both roll their eyes this time, as Callis grabs the mic and shoos Renee away.
Callis: Y'know Eddie, I think it's really great that you won the Continental Classic. Considering you grew up watching all those great round robin Japanese tournaments, idolizing guys like Kawada and Kobashi. But I also think it's a bit of a sham considering the best Japanese wrestler in the entire company, didn't even get an invite to the tournament!

Callis is clearly primed to continue talking, but Eddie interjects by leaning into the mic.
Kingston: And why is that, huh? Don't you have the power to enter your boy in the tournament?

Slightly panicked, Don snatches the mic back to his mouth and begins talking a mile a minute.
Callis: A master never reveals the secrets of his trade, Eddie, you know that. But if you're half the man you claim to be, you'd put that Triple Crown on the line against Takeshita this Saturday on Collision, where he'll prove to you and everybody else that he's better than Kawada, better than Kobashi, and clearly better than Eddie Kingston.

King smacks his lips together, visibly offended by the challenge and insinuation that Takeshita outdoes his heroes.
Kingston: That's what you interrupted my interview for? Yeah, I don't care, you got your match partna'. Bring Hobbs, bring the Aussie Open guy, I don't really care. Just know that you ain't never gonna have what it takes as long as you're rolling with this clown.

Eddie points right at Hobbs and Kyle Fletcher as he berates them, before shoving Callis back into Hobbs and walking away, all three of his belts in tow.

A recap video plays from World's End, showing the events of the Adam Copeland/Christian Cage match. Copeland won the match initially, but Killswitch forfeited his any time, any place TNT Championship match over to Christian Cage who won his title back. The video fades out and the show goes to commercial.

The Hardy Boyz & Brother Zay vs Mogul Embassy w/ Swerve Strickland & Prince Nana
Unsurprisingly, the Hardys come out like a house of fire, jumping on Cage and Gates of Agony early, allowing Zay to hit a massive dive to the floor. When they fail to put them away early, though, the walls cave in rather quick. Zay becomes isolated, and despite making a crucial tag to Jeff, Matt becomes the legal man and falls victim to a brutal onslaught from Cage and the Gates of Agony, culminating in a double facebuster from Gates of Agony that leads to a three count for Toa Liona over Matt Hardy. Following the match, Swerve celebrates with his stablemates and their ROH Trios Championships, showing their dominance as a group.

The shot changes to the backstage area, where paparazzi are lined up as "Timeless" Toni Storm enters the building flanked by Luther. She's dressed in the black fur coat, hat, and gloves that she wore for her entrance at World's End, waving off the photographers with her hand when she's approached by a distressed and frantic Mariah May.

Mariah: Miss Storm, did you see my match? I can't believe what ha-

Toni puts her hand up and silences Mariah while lowering her glasses and glaring at her.
Toni: I'm sorry darling... but who are you?

Clearly frustrated with this ongoing trend, Mariah takes a deep breath and continues speaking.
Mariah: Miss Storm, I just had my debut match while you were out, and Jamie Hayter returned and beat me. You know, the woman you won the title from?

Toni's eyes grow wide as she clutches her AEW Womens Championship and looks off into the distance.
Toni: Jamie Hayter... alright then. This will make for some wonderful drama! Luther, dear, I'm knackered. Carry me to my dressing room.

Toni jumps into Luther's arms and is carried away, leaving Mariah to sulk by herself over her loss.

Mercedes Martinez w/ Diamante vs Anna Jay
Mercedes dominates at the start, using her superior wrestling knowledge and power to keep the young Anna Jay grounded. Of course, Anna makes a comeback, even nearly locking in the Queenslayer near the closing stretch, but Mercedes is able to escape the attempt and lock in the Brass City Sleeper for a submission victory.

The camera now travels to the commentary desk where Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Tazz run us through the events of the night to this point. Dante Martin's improbable International Championship win, then Jamie Hayter's incredible return and the official announcement of Eddie Kingston vs Konosuke Takeshita for Collision this week. As they wrap up, "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne begins to make his way to the ring with his ribs and back heavily taped up following his run-in with Adam Copeland at World's End, as commentary mentions that Christian Cage insisted on Wayne wrestling tonight despite the injury.

"The Prodigy" Nick Wayne w/ Killswitch vs Daniel Garcia w/ Daddy Magic
Matt Menard veers off during Garcia's entrance to join the commentary table, leaving Garcia to go it alone against a pair of underhanded opponents, although Christian Cage and Mother Wayne are nowhere to be found. Nick Wayne struggles to get out of the blocks against an opponent with as much momentum as Red Death, who systematically breaks down Wayne's body, targeting the injury to his singed lower back. Eventually Wayne finds some offense thanks to a bit of intervention from Killswitch on the outside, but Garcia is still mostly shutting down all of Wayne's big moves. Killswitch gets on the apron at one point, distracting Rick Knox while The Prodigy attempts to hit DG with a chair. Garcia moves, then shoves Wayne into Killswitch and catches him on the rebound with a vicious backdrop driver for a three count.

As Garcia celebrates his victory and Nick Wayne argues with Killswitch on the outside, Matt Menard begins talking DG up on commentary, claiming that the next step is to get him some championship gold. Garcia hits his dance in the middle of the ring as the show returns to commercial.

YOU KNOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOM

The show comes back from commercial with Adam Cole heading to the ring with a smug look on his face, flanked by The Kingdom, Roderick Strong and Wardlow. He steps between the ropes with his walking boot on, receiving an oddly mixed reaction from the Newark crowd. Cole grabs a microphone and positions himself in the center of the ring, making sure the camera can see him clearly with his new team behind him.
Cole: Who's ready for story time with Adam Cole, baybay?

Cole says his signature line slower than normal, the audience booing now while Roderick Strong tries to rile them up in the background.
Cole: I just want us to get our facts straight. Everyone has been pestering me, asking why I would do such a terrible thing to my best friend, but the reality is, I've been just as much of a victim as Max is. While I spent months turning that egotistical jerk into a real human being with empathy, while I put up with him every single day trying to turn him from a scumbag to YOUR scumbag, he was just using me to keep the AEW Championship around his waist. And even though it would've been sweeter to take the belt for myself, well, the opportunity to watch Samoa Joe choke his ass out was too good to pass up.

The crowd starts to boo a bit more intensely as the grin on Cole's face widens.
Cole: It wasn't particularly tough to find a group of people with the same interest as me, either. MJF tried to convince Roderick Strong, Matt Taven, and Mike Bennett, three of my closest friends on planet Earth, that I was closer to him than them. That was NEVER the case, and the fact that any of you ever believed him makes me sick. He's no different now than he ever was, and it infuriates me to no end to see you people rooting for that narcissistic, cheating, lying scumbag.

"He's our scumbag" chants rain down from the New Jersey crowd.
Cole: Yeah, you know, he really is YOUR scumbag. Because just like the rest of you he's at home. Too scared to fight for himself, and left without any friends to defend him. There was a time where he had a monster like Wardlow in his corner, but he went and pissed that away too. Do you guys even remember Double or Nothing 2022? When Wardlow powerbombed Max 10 times? You all cheered. And what changed? Max certainly didn't. Wardlow didn't either. And yet all you people fell for the same manipulation that got Wardlow to sign a contract with Max in the first place. I'm not trying to play holier than thou, although I clearly am smarter than the rest of you. I'm just trying to warn you the same lesson that a lot of us had to learn: MJF is not to be trusted.

The crowd engages in a "shut the f*** up" chant now, with Taven and Bennett covering Cole's ears before he begins once more.
Cole: You can deny it all you want, but what I did at World's End was a service to all you fans and especially this company. With Max gone, this place can finally thrive. And I'll be in the clear to fulfill my destiny as AEW Champion once this ankle is healed, especially with this unstoppable group standing in my corner. If I were Max, I'd stay home, because The Devil's Kingdom isn't afraid to make sure you never get back in a wrestling ring, no matter how bad these selfish fans want to see you get us back. The sad truth is, Max made the same mistake that he manipulated so many others into making. He trusted me, and he paid for it with his title and his career. I hope you're watching at home, Max, because I want you to hear this.

Cole addresses the camera directly now, staring right down the barrel as he pauses and lifts the microphone once again.
Cole: I'm better than you... and you know it.

The newly christened Devil's Kingdom leaves the ring, heading back up the stage as Excalibur primes us for our main event at the commentary booth. Samoa Joe comes to the ring first, the AEW Championship slung nonchalantly over his shoulder as he stomps down the ramp and slides beneath the bottom rope. He poses for the crowd that chants for him, then paces around the ring as he waits to find out who his opponent is.

DARBY ALLIN makes his way to the ring, unaccompanied by Sting and riding a skateboard down the ramp. Joe nods in approval as Darby steps between the ropes, a brawl ensuing before Darby can even get his entrance jacket off as Joe jumps him in the corner and the bell rings.

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs Darby Allin

Being that Joe and Darby are so familiar with each other through their wars for the TNT Title from the previous year, this match is as fast-paced and hard-hitting as you would expect. Joe does his best to keep Darby at bay, but the high octane offense doesn't stop as Darby connects with a tope suicida to the floor and a coffin drop from the top to the outside. Joe manages to stop the bleeding with a big lariat that turns Darby inside out, then applies the pressure himself. He mostly keeps Darby trapped in the corner, connecting with his signature running elbow/enziguri combination. Allin doesn't stay down, though, catching a charging Joe with a boot to the face and ascending to the middle rope. Joe recovers quickly, catching Darby with a massive forearm strike and trying to stack him up for the Musclebuster. As Joe walks him towards the center of the ring, Darby slips out and hits the AEW Champion with a Scorpion Death Drop! Darby scrambles to the top rope, looking to secure his first World Championship with the Coffin Drop, but Joe is able to open up and catch him in the Coquina Clutch!

Darby scrambles, rolling back into a pinning situation that forces Joe to release the hold to kick out. Darby explodes in a flurry of offense, hitting a low dropkick and then a mini Coffin Drop off the second rope for a quick nearfall. Allin charges him in the corner and is nearly flattened by Joe's signature uranage, but Darby is stunningly able to slip behind him and land on the middle rope. Like a flash, Darby jumps on his back and attempts to float over with the Stunner, but this proves to be costly as The Samoan Submission Machine catches him on the way down and locks in the Coquina Clutch once more, this time sinking it in deep and hooking the legs. While Darby is tantalizingly close to the ropes, he can't quite get there and he passes out to allow Joe to retain his title.

Joe's hand is raised and while he does celebrate the victory a bit, he's visibly pissed off at the challenge provided to him by Darby. He scoops his light, lifeless body off the mat and sets him in the corner, connecting with a vicious Musclebuster as a group of officials tries to get him to stop. Joe puts the boots to Darby, ignoring and tossing aside AEW officials until...

IT'S STIIIIIIIIIING

The Icon comes to the ring, bat in hand, and goes to work on the AEW Champion. Joe takes a couple shots from the bat to his midsection as the crowd is whipped into a frenzy, but he blocks one and manages to take Sting down with a violent headbutt. Joe tosses the bat aside and stomps Sting out, before scooping him up and seemingly looking to lock in the Coquina Clutch on the soon-retiring legend when...

HANGMAN PAGE storms to the ring, sliding in and taking Joe off his feet! The last time we saw Hangman was a few weeks ago, when he argued with Joe and wound up laid out by The Devil's Kingdom. Hangman rains in right hands on The King of AEW, then positions himself on the apron for the Buckshot Lariat, but Joe powders out of the ring, belt in hand, and heads back up the ramp. The two exchange barbs while being separated by AEW officials as the show goes off the air.

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Rampage 1/5/24
from Newark, NJ
Rampage Banner.png

*Excalibur, Tazz and Chuck Taylor introduce the show from the commentary desk*

The show begins with the ring introduction of Gabby Forza and Gabriel Skye, two northeastern local talents. Then the lights go out, followed by the eerie arrival of Brody King and the TBS Champion, Julia Hart. The two House of Black honorees hit the ring to Julia Hart's theme and stand across from their opponents, blank-faced and intimidating.

Julia Hart and Brody King vs Gabby Forza and Gabriel Skye
Skye and Forza fail to mount any substantial offense throughout the match, as Brody flattens the young high flyer time and time again before tagging Julia in. Julia is briefly overpowered by the immensely strong Forza, but manages to counter and lock in Heartless. Skye immediately tries to get in the ring and break it up, but Brody flattens him with a monstrous lariat as Forza taps out to give House of Black a near-effortless win.

HOB poses for the crowd as the shot transitions to a pre-taped vignette.

HOOK is standing in the middle of a ring in an empty warehouse, and the camera zooms out to reveal it's his father's former FTW Dojo. Clips flash of Tazz performing a move, and then HOOK performing the same move in succession. The camera pans around the FTW Title, getting close-up shots before moving back up to HOOK, who stands looking at the belt as it hangs in his right hand near his waist. Finally, his eyes raise towards the camera, and he speaks: "2024 is the year the FTW Title gets what it deserves". El Diablo Guapo raises the belt into the camera as the vignette ends.

The shot returns to the arena, where Dark Order makes their entrance. Silver and Reynolds jaw with the crowd on their way down the ramp, flanked by Evil Uno dressed in a suit. Their opponents enter next, that being "Daddy Magic" Matt Menard and "Cool Hand Ang" Angelo Parker of 2point0. The two receive a surprising ovation from the Newark crowd before the bell rings.

Dark Order w/ Evil Uno vs 2point0

Dark Order uses some excellent teamwork in the early going to keep Parker isolated from Daddy Magic, who the crowd is clamoring to see get tagged in. Time and time again Parker is cut off by the superior ring awareness of Silver and Reynolds, until miscommunication between Dark Order causes them to collide with one another and Parker makes the tag. Daddy Magic comes in like a house of fire, grounding Silver and Reynolds before tossing the illegal man, Silver, to the floor. He runs into a hard boot from Reynolds, but gets an assist from Parker to set Reynolds up for their finisher, Two For the Show. Evil Uno reaches in the ring and trips Parker, thwarting the finish attempt, but Menard is able to counter a roll-up attempt from Reynolds into one of his own for the three count.

Menard and Parker celebrate the rare tag team victory together, while Silver, Reynolds and Uno are beside themselves at ringside. Excalibur then tosses to a recap package of Dante Martin's International Championship victory from Dynamite, focusing on not only his incredible upset win but Orange Cassidy's seemingly defeated and indifferent reaction to losing his title for a second time.

The shot then transitions backstage, where Lexy Nair is standing in the interview area with "Switchblade" Jay White.

Lexy: I'm here with Jay White, a man who came so close to reaching the finals of the Continental Classic only to come up just a bit short. Jay, so many of us are interested to know what's coming next for yourself and for Bullet Club Gold as a whole in 2024.

Switchblade glares at Lexy with a half-scowl on his face before turning his head to the camera and lifting Lexy's hand, and therefore the mic, closer to his mouth as he begins his answer.
Switchblade: Lexy you know it sure was nice of you to start my year by reminding me of just how close I was to winning the Continental Classic. But it's alright, you know? I'm not one to run away from my defeats, and I'm certainly not one to let anybody forget about my victories. That's a big part of the reason why 2024 is going to be a year of prosperity and victory for Bullet Club Gold, and that starts tomorrow night on Collision.

King Switch takes a beat while the crowd lightly cheers and lightly boos at about an equal rate for his statement.
Switchblade: Jon Moxley... you may have gotten the better of me in the Gold League semifinal, but that puts us at one and one. And while I'm sure you're having a grand old time in my stomping grounds at the Tokyo Dome this week, when you get back, just know that this isn't over. The Blackpool Combat Club can't hold a candle to Bullet Club Gold, and tomorrow night begins step one of me proving just that. Because while you and Danielson and Claudio pride yourselves on teaching Wheeler Yuta valuable lessons about violence and life as a pro wrestler, when he steps in the ring with King Switch on Collision tomorrow, he's going to learn a valuable lesson from me... about how to breathe, with the Switchblade.

Jay shoots a wink into the camera before exiting stage left, and the camera returns to the arena for our main event.

Powerhouse Hobbs w/ Don Callis vs AR Fox

Fox is rolling early, using his unmatched speed and athleticism to keep the much stronger Hobbs off balance. Fox connects on the outside with a moonsault from the apron after pushing off the ringpost, igniting the crowd and taking Hobbs off his feet. After returning Hobbs to the ring, though, the Powerhouse starts to take control. He grounds Fox by running him into the corner ferociously, then rams his shoulder into Fox's midsection repeatedly. Hobbs keeps on the advantage for a few minutes, slipping up only when his attempt to charge Fox in the corner once more is dodged, Hobbs bouncing chest-first off the turnbuckle. Fox finds success with an array of dropkicks and running attacks, before remarkably lifting the Powerhouse up for a spinning vertical suplex for a nearfall! Hobbs is now reeling, as Fox heads to the top rope for the improbable upset. He launches himself at the biggest member of the Don Callis Family, only to be caught with an absolutely devastating Spinebuster for an academic three count.

Hobbs and Callis talk trash to a downed Fox as the show is set to go off the air, while Excalibur runs us through the Collision card for tomorrow night.

Confirmed for Collision:
"Switchblade" Jay White vs Wheeler Yuta
FTR vs House of Black

American Triple Crown Championship Match
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita

Last edited:

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
This is all really easy to read and I'm really enjoying what you've been doing so far. Keep it up mate!

Reactions: BookerMan

BookerMan

Reaction score
This is all really easy to read and I'm really enjoying what you've been doing so far. Keep it up mate!
Appreciate it, especially the feedback about the format. Wasn’t sure if I would stick with how it is now but I think it works for TV.

declandimi

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite: New Year's Smash 1/3/24
from Newark, NJ
View attachment 76973

*Pyro*
*Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Tazz introduce the show*

International Championship Match
Orange Cassidy (c) vs Dante Martin

Dynamite's opener comes courtesy of a match announced in a backstage segment at World's End, where an increasingly paranoid Orange Cassidy jumped the gun on accepting a challenge from Top Flight's young star. The match is as back-and-forth as one would expect, with Cassidy exerting his full energy in order to keep his title. Martin's otherworldly athleticism helps him keep Cassidy off balance, gaining nearfalls off a couple high-flying moves before Cassidy gets back into the fight. Cassidy connects with an Orange Punch while Martin is ascending to the top rope, sending him crashing to the floor. OC finally gets Martin back into the ring, but he kicks out at 2 dramatically. With the crowd frenzied, Cassidy loads up for another Orange Punch, which Martin manages to dodge and shove his opponent chest-first into the corner. Remarkably quickly, Dante springboards to the top for a double jump moonsault and hooks both of Cassidy's legs for a pin attempt.
1... 2... 3!

NEW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION:
DANTE MARTIN

Darius Martin and Action Andretti make their way to the ring to celebrate Dante's improbable upset to kick off AEW's 2024. There's a mix of shock and excitement in the audience as Martin raises the belt above his head and the shot fades to backstage.

In the back, Samoa Joe is standing with the original AEW Championship belt draped over his left shoulder on top of the white towel wrapped around his neck. He's dressed in his yellow and black wrestling gear, wrists taped as he stands beside Renee Young in the interview area.

Renee: Thanks Tony, I'm standing by with our new AEW Champion, Samoa Joe, whose deal with the devil seems to have paid off as he came away from World's End victorious. Joe, you stated in the media scrum that you're coming into this title reign putting targets on your challengers rather than the other way around. My question is: is there anybody in particular you might be going after for your first title defense?

Joe: Renee it's funny you asked that actually, because I requested this interview time for a purpose. First and foremost, to answer your question, I don't have anybody in mind. I commit acts of violence indiscriminately. And to prove my point, I'm doing what any self-respecting fighting champion, unlike Max, should do. I'm issuing an open challenge for my AEW Championship... tonight. I don't have to play up to any of these fans that I'm some type of valiant fighting champion, because it goes without saying. The King of Television has become the King of AEW, and tonight, I feel sorry for whatever poor soul tries to come get the crown.

Joe exits frame with a smirk, leaving Renee standing on camera as the show fades to a commercial break.

Dynamite returns from commercial with the entrance for the in-ring debut of "The Glamour" Mariah May, who is met with much fanfare thanks to her role as "Timeless" Toni Storm's biggest fan. She makes her way to the ring and awaits her opponent, when...

the returning JAMIE HAYTER makes her way to the ring, exploding the crowd as the former AEW Womens Champion steps out from behind the curtain. Mariah looks terrified, arguing with the referee as if she had agreed on a different opponent for her debut match.

"The Glamour" Mariah May vs Jamie Hayter
Despite being visibly shaken by the reveal of her opponent, Mariah does an excellent job of avoiding Jamie's offense in the early going, although she doesn't do a great job of dishing out any offense of her own. Mariah does eventually fight back, but Jamie's unrelenting attack just ends up being too much. May manages to avoid Hayter's first attempt at a vicious lariat, but she's caught rebounding off the ropes with one that nearly decapitates her, and Hayter picks up the three count spoiling Mariah's AEW in-ring debut.

Jamie pantomimes a belt around her waist into the camera as Mariah sulks in the corner with her head in her hands before the camera fades to the interview area once more, where Renee Young is standing with the first American Triple Crown winner, Eddie Kingston.

Renee: Eddie, at World's End you not only won the Continental Classic tournament by defeating Jon Moxley, but you captured the first ever American Triple Crown, adding the Continental Championship to your ROH and NJPW Strong Openweight titles. We all know this means the world to you, but can you put in your own words how it feel-

Renee is cut off by the presence of the Blackpool Combat Club, with Bryan Danielson standing in front of Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli and Wheeler Yuta directly across from Kingston. Recognizing the situation, Renee backs up and gives some space as Eddie obviously looks ready for a fight.
Danielson: We're not here to start anything, we had our chance in the Continental Classic. I just wanted to tell you what I said on commentary at World's End since you probably didn't hear it, but I-

Kingston rolls his eyes as he cuts off Bryan, snatching the mic from Renee and pointing a finger in Danielson's face.
Kingston: Yeah yeah, I heard the whole deal. You still think I'm a bum but you respect me as a wrestler, blah blah blah. I ain't here to tell people I respect 'em, dawg. I might still think you're one of the most condescending little rats I ever met, but I'm willing to shake your hand for the wars we've been through in that ring.

Kingston extends his hand towards The American Dragon, and his handshake is reciprocated immediately. Danielson exits frame past Kingston, and the BCC follows. Mox gives King a fist bump as he walks by, and Eddie shares vaguely confrontational staredowns with Claudio and Yuta. Renee steps forward and goes to ask her question once again, but this time they're interrupted by another group: The Don Callis Family. Eddie and Renee both roll their eyes this time, as Callis grabs the mic and shoos Renee away.
Callis: Y'know Eddie, I think it's really great that you won the Continental Classic. Considering you grew up watching all those great round robin Japanese tournaments, idolizing guys like Kawada and Kobashi. But I also think it's a bit of a sham considering the best Japanese wrestler in the entire company, didn't even get an invite to the tournament!

Callis is clearly primed to continue talking, but Eddie interjects by leaning into the mic.
Kingston: And why is that, huh? Don't you have the power to enter your boy in the tournament?

Slightly panicked, Don snatches the mic back to his mouth and begins talking a mile a minute.
Callis: A master never reveals the secrets of his trade, Eddie, you know that. But if you're half the man you claim to be, you'd put that Triple Crown on the line against Takeshita this Saturday on Collision, where he'll prove to you and everybody else that he's better than Kawada, better than Kobashi, and clearly better than Eddie Kingston.

King smacks his lips together, visibly offended by the challenge and insinuation that Takeshita outdoes his heroes.
Kingston: That's what you interrupted my interview for? Yeah, I don't care, you got your match partna'. Bring Hobbs, bring the Aussie Open guy, I don't really care. Just know that you ain't never gonna have what it takes as long as you're rolling with this clown.

Eddie points right at Hobbs and Kyle Fletcher as he berates them, before shoving Callis back into Hobbs and walking away, all three of his belts in tow.

A recap video plays from World's End, showing the events of the Adam Copeland/Christian Cage match. Copeland won the match initially, but Killswitch forfeited his any time, any place TNT Championship match over to Christian Cage who won his title back. The video fades out and the show goes to commercial.

The Hardy Boyz & Brother Zay vs Mogul Embassy w/ Swerve Strickland & Prince Nana
Unsurprisingly, the Hardys come out like a house of fire, jumping on Cage and Gates of Agony early, allowing Zay to hit a massive dive to the floor. When they fail to put them away early, though, the walls cave in rather quick. Zay becomes isolated, and despite making a crucial tag to Jeff, Matt becomes the legal man and falls victim to a brutal onslaught from Cage and the Gates of Agony, culminating in a double facebuster from Gates of Agony that leads to a three count for Toa Liona over Matt Hardy. Following the match, Swerve celebrates with his stablemates and their ROH Trios Championships, showing their dominance as a group.

The shot changes to the backstage area, where paparazzi are lined up as "Timeless" Toni Storm enters the building flanked by Luther. She's dressed in the black fur coat, hat, and gloves that she wore for her entrance at World's End, waving off the photographers with her hand when she's approached by a distressed and frantic Mariah May.

Mariah: Miss Storm, did you see my match? I can't believe what ha-

Toni puts her hand up and silences Mariah while lowering her glasses and glaring at her.
Toni: I'm sorry darling... but who are you?

Clearly frustrated with this ongoing trend, Mariah takes a deep breath and continues speaking.
Mariah: Miss Storm, I just had my debut match while you were out, and Jamie Hayter returned and beat me. You know, the woman you won the title from?

Toni's eyes grow wide as she clutches her AEW Womens Championship and looks off into the distance.
Toni: Jamie Hayter... alright then. This will make for some wonderful drama! Luther, dear, I'm knackered. Carry me to my dressing room.

Toni jumps into Luther's arms and is carried away, leaving Mariah to sulk by herself over her loss.

Mercedes Martinez w/ Diamante vs Anna Jay
Mercedes dominates at the start, using her superior wrestling knowledge and power to keep the young Anna Jay grounded. Of course, Anna makes a comeback, even nearly locking in the Queenslayer near the closing stretch, but Mercedes is able to escape the attempt and lock in the Brass City Sleeper for a submission victory.

The camera now travels to the commentary desk where Excalibur, Tony Schiavone and Tazz run us through the events of the night to this point. Dante Martin's improbable International Championship win, then Jamie Hayter's incredible return and the official announcement of Eddie Kingston vs Konosuke Takeshita for Collision this week. As they wrap up, "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne begins to make his way to the ring with his ribs and back heavily taped up following his run-in with Adam Copeland at World's End, as commentary mentions that Christian Cage insisted on Wayne wrestling tonight despite the injury.

"The Prodigy" Nick Wayne w/ Killswitch vs Daniel Garcia w/ Daddy Magic
Matt Menard veers off during Garcia's entrance to join the commentary table, leaving Garcia to go it alone against a pair of underhanded opponents, although Christian Cage and Mother Wayne are nowhere to be found. Nick Wayne struggles to get out of the blocks against an opponent with as much momentum as Red Death, who systematically breaks down Wayne's body, targeting the injury to his singed lower back. Eventually Wayne finds some offense thanks to a bit of intervention from Killswitch on the outside, but Garcia is still mostly shutting down all of Wayne's big moves. Killswitch gets on the apron at one point, distracting Rick Knox while The Prodigy attempts to hit DG with a chair. Garcia moves, then shoves Wayne into Killswitch and catches him on the rebound with a vicious backdrop driver for a three count.

As Garcia celebrates his victory and Nick Wayne argues with Killswitch on the outside, Matt Menard begins talking DG up on commentary, claiming that the next step is to get him some championship gold. Garcia hits his dance in the middle of the ring as the show returns to commercial.

YOU KNOW IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BOOM

The show comes back from commercial with Adam Cole heading to the ring with a smug look on his face, flanked by The Kingdom, Roderick Strong and Wardlow. He steps between the ropes with his walking boot on, receiving an oddly mixed reaction from the Newark crowd. Cole grabs a microphone and positions himself in the center of the ring, making sure the camera can see him clearly with his new team behind him.
Cole: Who's ready for story time with Adam Cole, baybay?

Cole says his signature line slower than normal, the audience booing now while Roderick Strong tries to rile them up in the background.
Cole: I just want us to get our facts straight. Everyone has been pestering me, asking why I would do such a terrible thing to my best friend, but the reality is, I've been just as much of a victim as Max is. While I spent months turning that egotistical jerk into a real human being with empathy, while I put up with him every single day trying to turn him from a scumbag to YOUR scumbag, he was just using me to keep the AEW Championship around his waist. And even though it would've been sweeter to take the belt for myself, well, the opportunity to watch Samoa Joe choke his ass out was too good to pass up.

The crowd starts to boo a bit more intensely as the grin on Cole's face widens.
Cole: It wasn't particularly tough to find a group of people with the same interest as me, either. MJF tried to convince Roderick Strong, Matt Taven, and Mike Bennett, three of my closest friends on planet Earth, that I was closer to him than them. That was NEVER the case, and the fact that any of you ever believed him makes me sick. He's no different now than he ever was, and it infuriates me to no end to see you people rooting for that narcissistic, cheating, lying scumbag.

"He's our scumbag" chants rain down from the New Jersey crowd.
Cole: Yeah, you know, he really is YOUR scumbag. Because just like the rest of you he's at home. Too scared to fight for himself, and left without any friends to defend him. There was a time where he had a monster like Wardlow in his corner, but he went and pissed that away too. Do you guys even remember Double or Nothing 2022? When Wardlow powerbombed Max 10 times? You all cheered. And what changed? Max certainly didn't. Wardlow didn't either. And yet all you people fell for the same manipulation that got Wardlow to sign a contract with Max in the first place. I'm not trying to play holier than thou, although I clearly am smarter than the rest of you. I'm just trying to warn you the same lesson that a lot of us had to learn: MJF is not to be trusted.

The crowd engages in a "shut the f*** up" chant now, with Taven and Bennett covering Cole's ears before he begins once more.
Cole: You can deny it all you want, but what I did at World's End was a service to all you fans and especially this company. With Max gone, this place can finally thrive. And I'll be in the clear to fulfill my destiny as AEW Champion once this ankle is healed, especially with this unstoppable group standing in my corner. If I were Max, I'd stay home, because The Devil's Kingdom isn't afraid to make sure you never get back in a wrestling ring, no matter how bad these selfish fans want to see you get us back. The sad truth is, Max made the same mistake that he manipulated so many others into making. He trusted me, and he paid for it with his title and his career. I hope you're watching at home, Max, because I want you to hear this.

Cole addresses the camera directly now, staring right down the barrel as he pauses and lifts the microphone once again.
Cole: I'm better than you... and you know it.

The newly christened Devil's Kingdom leaves the ring, heading back up the stage as Excalibur primes us for our main event at the commentary booth. Samoa Joe comes to the ring first, the AEW Championship slung nonchalantly over his shoulder as he stomps down the ramp and slides beneath the bottom rope. He poses for the crowd that chants for him, then paces around the ring as he waits to find out who his opponent is.

DARBY ALLIN makes his way to the ring, unaccompanied by Sting and riding a skateboard down the ramp. Joe nods in approval as Darby steps between the ropes, a brawl ensuing before Darby can even get his entrance jacket off as Joe jumps him in the corner and the bell rings.

AEW Championship Match
Samoa Joe (c) vs Darby Allin

Being that Joe and Darby are so familiar with each other through their wars for the TNT Title from the previous year, this match is as fast-paced and hard-hitting as you would expect. Joe does his best to keep Darby at bay, but the high octane offense doesn't stop as Darby connects with a tope suicida to the floor and a coffin drop from the top to the outside. Joe manages to stop the bleeding with a big lariat that turns Darby inside out, then applies the pressure himself. He mostly keeps Darby trapped in the corner, connecting with his signature running elbow/enziguri combination. Allin doesn't stay down, though, catching a charging Joe with a boot to the face and ascending to the middle rope. Joe recovers quickly, catching Darby with a massive forearm strike and trying to stack him up for the Musclebuster. As Joe walks him towards the center of the ring, Darby slips out and hits the AEW Champion with a Scorpion Death Drop! Darby scrambles to the top rope, looking to secure his first World Championship with the Coffin Drop, but Joe is able to open up and catch him in the Coquina Clutch!

Darby scrambles, rolling back into a pinning situation that forces Joe to release the hold to kick out. Darby explodes in a flurry of offense, hitting a low dropkick and then a mini Coffin Drop off the second rope for a quick nearfall. Allin charges him in the corner and is nearly flattened by Joe's signature uranage, but Darby is stunningly able to slip behind him and land on the middle rope. Like a flash, Darby jumps on his back and attempts to float over with the Stunner, but this proves to be costly as The Samoan Submission Machine catches him on the way down and locks in the Coquina Clutch once more, this time sinking it in deep and hooking the legs. While Darby is tantalizingly close to the ropes, he can't quite get there and he passes out to allow Joe to retain his title.

Joe's hand is raised and while he does celebrate the victory a bit, he's visibly pissed off at the challenge provided to him by Darby. He scoops his light, lifeless body off the mat and sets him in the corner, connecting with a vicious Musclebuster as a group of officials tries to get him to stop. Joe puts the boots to Darby, ignoring and tossing aside AEW officials until...

IT'S STIIIIIIIIIING

The Icon comes to the ring, bat in hand, and goes to work on the AEW Champion. Joe takes a couple shots from the bat to his midsection as the crowd is whipped into a frenzy, but he blocks one and manages to take Sting down with a violent headbutt. Joe tosses the bat aside and stomps Sting out, before scooping him up and seemingly looking to lock in the Coquina Clutch on the soon-retiring legend when...

HANGMAN PAGE storms to the ring, sliding in and taking Joe off his feet! The last time we saw Hangman was a few weeks ago, when he argued with Joe and wound up laid out by The Devil's Kingdom. Hangman rains in right hands on The King of AEW, then positions himself on the apron for the Buckshot Lariat, but Joe powders out of the ring, belt in hand, and heads back up the ramp. The two exchange barbs while being separated by AEW officials as the show goes off the air.

Hey mate just a few comments from your first show!

Absolutely loved seeing a surprise in the first matchup. Dante Martin is the future, so good to see him being showcased! Good segment with the women. One thing I can work on is focusing more on the women's division, so good to see you doing it too. Promo's seem to really be a strong point for you. Really great job at showing character in your promos too. Page vs Joe looking like your first big storyline. Really excited for that one!

Overall, great first show. Really enjoyed all aspects of it and can't wait to see some more!

Reactions: BookerMan

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Collision 1/6/24
from Charlotte, NC
Collision Banner.png

Per usual, Collision starts with a barrage of cold open promos from various wrestlers who will be competing on the show, starting with Wheeler Yuta, who has Claudio Castagnoli standing over his shoulder.
Yuta: Sooooo, "Switchblade", last night you told everybody that you were gonna teach me a lesson. Yeah, right. As if there's anything I could learn from getting in the ring with you that hasn't been taught to me tenfold by spending every single day locked in the gym with Bryan Danielson, Jon Moxley and Claudio Castagnoli. I've put in more work than you could ever imagine, and tonight the fruits of my labor are gonna show when I beat you.

Next we see FTR taping their wrists.
Harwood: Malakai, Buddy, the two of you really overstepped your bounds the last few weeks. Cash and I really don't have any problem with someone asking us for a fight, as you very well know we're more than happy to oblige at any time, but I really don't think making it personal is something you wanna do with a couple of guys like us.

Wheeler: That's right and one of the biggest mistakes you two made was bringing Dax's family into this because his family is my family, and now you've got two pissed off North Carolina boys in their own backyard. Top Guys, out.

The camera cuts to Thunder Rosa as a graphic pops up in the bottom left corner that indicates she's wrestling Diamante tonight.
Rosa: It feels so good to be back in AEW, and it feels even better to be in Charlotte tonight because that means I get back in the ring one-on-one for the first time since my injury. And I can't think of a better opponent for my singles return than Diamante. You and Mercedes may be getting wins recently, but that just makes you an even better target for La Mera Mera.

Next we see Konosuke Takeshita and Don Callis, as Takeshita challenges for the Triple Crown Championship in our main event tonight. Takeshita cuts a promo entirely in Japanese, while Callis stands next to him rubbing his hands together and nodding. Finally, we cut to Eddie Kingston with a title over each shoulder and the Continental Championship around his waist.
Kingston: You know I really do respect and admire Takeshita in the ring. It's a shame that he runs around with that clown Don Callis, who bigs Takeshita up to everybody who'll listen when he's on commentary, but backstage won't even lobby to get his boy into the Continental Classic. If Takeshita was on his own I'd be honored to wrestle him for the first defense of my Triple Crown, but there ain't no honor if Don Callis is at ringside. Don, I'm gonna mess your boy up tonight, and Takeshita...

Kingston scrunches his face in pure disgust at the fact that a wrestler as talented as Takeshita is aligned with someone as slimy as Callis.
Kingston: ...get your shit together and drop that loser like a bad habit. Giancarlo, we done?

Kingston concludes his promo time by asking the cameraman if his time is over, before the show's opening video plays.

*Ian Riccaboni, Nigel McGuinness and Tony Schiavone welcome us to the show*

The first combatants to come to the ring tonight is the Best Friends contingent of Orange Cassidy, Trent Beretta and Danhausen. The team receives a nice ovation, mostly for Cassidy who looks extra despondent after losing his International Title on Wednesday. Their opponents come out next, that being RUSH, Preston Vance and Dralistico representing La Faccion Ingobernable.

Best Friends vs La Faccion Ingobernable w/ Jose the Assistant
Trent does the majority of the work for Best Friends early, taking control of Dralistico and isolating him from his teammates while using tandem offense with Danhausen. It doesn't take long for RUSH to be tagged into the match and take control, though. Danhausen finds himself isolated, thrown all over the ring by RUSH and Vance specifically. Eventually, Danhausen is able to slip away from Vance and tag in Cassidy, which gets a big reaction. Cassidy, though, is not the house of fire that he's been for months since becoming International Champion the first time. His laziness is more reminiscent of his early AEW run, and though he manages to land an Orange Punch on El Perro Peligroso, his laziness leads to him getting squashed in the corner like a bug by RUSH. Seeing that Cassidy is in trouble, Danhausen tags himself in just before RUSH obliterates the former International Champion with the Bull's Horns in the corner. Trent and RUSH brawl outside the ring before Beretta is taken out with a spectacular dive by Dralistico. This leaves Danhausen alone in the ring with Preston Vance, and though Danhausen attempts to place a curse on him, he's quickly finished off with a Ripcord Clothesline for the three count.

As Beretta and Danhausen nurse their wounds, an indifferent Orange Cassidy lags behind them as he heads to the back. LFI celebrates their way up the ramp, stopping to pose at the top while Riccaboni begins to run us through the rest of the card before he's interrupted by the theme music of Christian Cage. Cage heads to the ring, flanked on his left by Killswitch and on his right by "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne, TNT Title slung over his shoulder. Cage enters the ring to a litany of boos before having Wayne fetch him a microphone.

Christian: How about all of you settle down and listen to a real champion, since the Panthers and Hurricanes haven't won anything in 20 years!

The crowd's frenzy immediately grows, as Cage smiles smugly.
Christian: Of course the reason I'm out here tonight as your TNT Champion is to address what happened at World's End, where I withstood a violent, unprecedented attack from Adam Copeland to retain my TNT Title. But the truth of it is, there's no way I could've left Long Island with my championship intact if it wasn't for the incredible devotion of one man, and one man only... "The Prodigy" Nick Wayne.

Christian turns to Wayne who looks caught off guard, as Killswitch is clearly annoyed even under the mask.
Christian: You made the ultimate sacrifice Nick, letting that deranged lunatic put you through a flaming table and still having the fortitude to wrestle Daniel Garcia this past Wednesday on Dynamite. I'm not mad at you for losing that match either, I'm mad at Killswitch for not protecting you with your injury. I'm proud of everything you've done here in AEW, and I'm proud to call you my son.

Cage briefly glares at Killswitch as he turns back around and addresses the audience once more.
Christian: I'm not delusional, though. I've known Adam Copeland for too long to think that he's done just because he lost to me fair and square at World's End. Whenever his body and -- more importantly -- his ego make a full recovery, he'll be back in my business because that's all he knows how to do. So it's obvious to me that the right thing to do for The Patriarchy is to add a new member to our ranks. A new son, someone who will show their appreciation for my lessons and be just as devoted to my cause as Nick Wayne is. And you'll all be introduced to my new son... next week on Collision.

The audience boos as they're denied the surprise reveal, while Cage drops the microphone and leads The Patriarchy out of the ring before the show heads to commercial with Riccaboni and Schiavone recapping the segment.

As Collision returns from break, Diamante and Mercedes Martinez are already in the ring, awaiting the arrival of Thunder Rosa. The former AEW Womens Champion receives a sizable reaction of mostly cheers as she heads down the ramp for her first singles match in well over a year.

Diamante w/ Mercedes Martinez vs Thunder Rosa

Rosa looks a bit rusty in the first minute or two, as Diamante is able to land some heavy offense, mostly with strikes. However, it doesn't take too much time for La Mera Mera to fire back and punish Diamante in the corner with heavy forearms. Mercedes Martinez stays uninvolved on the outside, opting to let her partner handle her business herself, but it doesn't end well for Diamante as she's eventually countered and dropped with the Fire Thunder Driver for a triumphant return to singles action for Thunder Rosa.

Mercedes scoops up her fallen partner and assists her to the back while Rosa unfurls a Mexican flag and celebrates with it before the camera fades backstage where the AEW Tag Team Champions, Ricky Starks and Big Bill are standing next to Lexy Nair.
Lexy: Thanks Ian, I'm standing by now with Ricky Starks and Big Bill, who despite their loss at World's End, I'm told they've requested this interview time to issue a challenge?

Ricky lowers his sunglasses and looks at Lexy, then up at Bill before beginning his response.
Ricky: You heard correct, Lex. I know we're still the Tag Team Champions, but that doesn't mean that a loss at World's End is gonna sit right with Stroke Daddy. And sure, Sammy Guevara might have pinned me in our tag match, but he's not the reason we ended up with a L on our record. I'm not gonna put it on our partners, either. The reason Bill and I lost that match is simple, and it's the same two thorns that have been in my side since I stepped foot in AEW: Darby Allin and Sting.

Charlotte cheers at the mention of Darby and Sting, which clearly frustrates Ricky.
Ricky: I've been in the ring with the two of you time and time again, and I haven't been able to come away with a win yet. But this ain't the same Ricky Starks that was fresh off wrestling in a TV studio on YouTube four years ago. This ain't even the same Ricky Starks that went to war with Bryan Danielson six months ago! This is a new, a better, the BEST Ricky Starks, and I ain't never had a partner like Big Bill on my side neither. And if the only way to prove that the man you're looking at with this beautiful AEW Tag Title around his waist is the real damn deal is to finally, once and for all beat the brakes off Darby and Sting before he retires, then that's exactly what we're gonna do. So I want you boys to rest up and get healthy after what Samoa Joe did to you on Wednesday, and whenever you're ready... we'll be here.

Ricky's impassioned speech actually leads to a couple cheers before he and Bill walk off, Bill giving a "that's right" into the camera as they go.

A recap package plays, running down the events from the end of Dynamite where Samoa Joe retained the AEW Championship against Darby Allin, then laid waste to Sting before a returning Hangman Page ran him off. The shot then shifts to an enraged Joe immediately after the incident, seething backstage.

Joe: DARBY! STING! HANGMAN! This isn't the old regime in AEW anymore, boys! This ain't the MJF era where any Tom, Dick or Harry can step up and get their shot at the king! Darby, I respect you as a competitor for volunteering for yet another ass whooping courtesy of myself. Sting, I respect your career and what you've accomplished. And Hangman... I don't respect anything about you. You rack up loss after loss, failure after failure, and still you try to insert yourself where you don't belong. You'll be dealt with in due time. But next week will be my first time in Daily's Place since I joined AEW, and I think a great idea hit me while I was out there. In fact, a great idea hit me with a baseball bat. Sting, next week, Dynamite Homecoming... how about you take one last stab at becoming AEW World Champion?

Joe cracks a sickening smile as the video fades out.

The shot returns to the arena, where commentary mentions how many people seem to want a piece of Sting before he retires as "Switchblade" Jay White makes his entrance flanked by Austin and Colten Gunn. Bullet Club Gold hits the ring and poses for the crowd, before Wheeler Yuta and Claudio Castagnoli make their way to the ring. Yuta slides in and takes Switchblade down, kickstarting the action in a hurry.

"Switchblade" Jay White w/ The Gunns vs Wheeler Yuta w/ Claudio Castagnoli
Yuta takes advantage of the early momentum, grounding White before he can even get his entrance jacket all the way off. Yuta shows off a nasty side, bending the rules at every turn. Yuta holds submissions until a four count, uses the ropes as leverage on his holds, and makes use of scratches and eye gouges at several moments in the match. Jay White mounts some offense of his own as the crowd actually starts to get behind him a bit, but it takes him a while to dig himself out of the hole the start of the match put him in. He does get there, though, firing up with a sequence that culminates in a devastating uranage on Yuta. With both men down, they drag themselves to their feet in opposite corners before Yuta makes an unwise decision to charge at King Switch with a splash in the corner. Yuta misses, connecting with his head on the top of the ringpost, allowing White to measure him for the Blade Runner. Yuta counters out, trying to trap Switchblade in the Seatbelt for an unlikely three count, but Jay manages to kick out at two. The two of them scramble, Yuta throwing a dropkick that gets swatted away and as he scrambles to get back up, White knocks his lights out with a lightning fast Blade Runner for the victory.

Jay White is fired up over a victory that was clearly harder to earn than he expected, gasping to catch his breath while he "throws em up" with the Gunns. Claudio looks disappointed as he starts slapping Yuta around to wake him up, while Switchblade taunts the two Blackpool Combat Club members from the ramp as the show heads to break.

When Collision returns, we're greeted with the presence of Stokely Hathaway on commentary. Stokely begins talking up his "relationship" with Kris Statlander which is met with incredulity by Ian and Tony, but sincerity from Nigel. Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale then make their entrance, rolling their eyes at the mere presence of Stokely as they do. They're followed by the unlikely tag team of Ruby Soho and Leyla Hirsch, and the match gets underway.

Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale vs Ruby Soho and Leyla Hirsch
Statlander and Willow are hard to chop down in the beginning, using their size advantage to withstand quick offense from Ruby and Leyla and dish back some power moves of their own. Leyla is thrown halfway across the ring with a gutwrench release suplex by Willow, who fires up for the crowd before tagging in Statlander. Stokely continues to gas up an obviously nonexistent wrestler-manager relationship with Statlander as she connects with an impressive stalling vertical suplex on Hirsch for a quick two count. Leyla grabs the advantage with a low dropkick on one of Statlander's surgically repaired knees, and then Soho and Hirsch display a surprising bit of tag team chemistry with quick tags to take advantage of Stat's injury. With Willow clamoring for a tag on the apron, Statlander is able to escape a sloppily applied kneebar from Ruby and make the tag. Willow takes down both her opponents with clotheslines, then drives Leyla into the mat with a vicious Gutwrench Powerbomb. Statlander meanwhile grabs Ruby and looks for Saturday Night Fever, but Ruby manages to roll through it and use her powerful legs to launch Statlander stumbling into Willow. Willow hits the ropes and rebounds straight into No Future from Ruby Soho! Hirsch grabs Statlander's foot from the outside of the ring as Ruby pins Willow and picks up a very surprising win for her and Leyla.

Stokely is shown shaking his head in disappointment at the commentary table as Willow and Statlander are absolutely beside themselves. Ruby revels in the big victory while being silently impressed by Leyla's performance. The camera focuses on the commentary table as Stokely exits in disgust, but the crowd is brought to life as a loud "WOOOOO" echoes throughout the arena and "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair makes a surprise appearance in his hometown. Naitch struts to the ring, taking his time and soaking in the adoration of the people in Charlotte before making it in the ring and grabbing a microphone.
Flair: WOOOOO!

The Dirtiest Player in the Game cracks a smile as the audience delivers his signature WOOO right back to him.
Flair: Lemme tell ya, it feels great to be back where it all started for The Nature Boy. And it'll feel even better when I come back here on March 3rd, to be in Sting's corner for his last match at Revolution!

The crowd chants for Sting while Flair beams with joy in the center of the ring.
Flair: I ain't out here to talk about Revolution, though. That's in the future. I'm here to reminisce about the past, and say my thanks to all you amazing fans here in Charlotte. I can't tell you how many matches I had here, and you people were always behind me. I can honestly say, that without the fine people of Charlotte, North Carolina... I would've never become the LIMOUSIN RIDIN', JET FLYIN', KISS STEALIN', WHEELIN' DEALIN' SON OF A GUN, WOO, THAT I BECAME! And without all of yo--

Flair's expression of gratitude ends abruptly as the lights go out in the arena, a gasp coming over the audience as Flair can still be heard asking "what the hell?" into the mic through the darkness. When the lights come up, Malakai Black and Buddy Matthews are standing on either side of Flair, dressed in their ring gear. They circle like sharks when suddenly, FTR's music hits and the Top Guys sprint to the ring, sliding in and throwing haymakers with the House of Black. Rick Knox sprints to the ring now too, and calls for the bell to get our scheduled match underway.

FTR w/ Ric Flair vs House of Black

Both teams brawl wildly at the start, even taking the action out to ringside where Ric Flair has decided to stay in FTR's corner after they saved him from Malakai and Buddy's attack. Dax avoids a countout by getting Buddy in the ring, throwing bombs at him and hammering him with stomps once he gets him down. Dax and Cash show themselves to be a well-oiled machine, keeping Buddy in their corner and connecting with a variety of effective double-team offense for the occasional nearfall as Malakai grows restless in the corner. Matthews turns the tides by connecting on a brutal knee strike to Cash, then getting his much fresher partner into the match. Malakai systematically destroys Wheeler with a series of kicks and holds, wrenching back on his submissions to drive the life out of his opponent. Dax rallies the crowd alongside Flair, as Cash makes his way out of a tight headlock with a huge back suplex. As he crawls to his corner, though, Buddy Matthews charges in and knocks Dax off the apron to a smattering of boos. Malakai and Buddy take turns working over Wheeler now, picking up a nearfall with a high-low kick combination before Cash manages to duck their attempted double clothesline and spring to his corner with a diving tag to Dax. Dax takes down both HOB members, chucking Buddy Matthews to the outside before firing off right hands on Malakai that backs him into the corner. He attempts to whip him across the ring, but Malakai counters and Dax goes chest-first into the turnbuckle. Malakai charges, but Dax evades his clothesline and flattens him with a powerslam. Eventually, Buddy Matthews finds his way to the FTR corner on the outside, where he starts backing down Ric Flair. As Rick Knox is preoccupied with Dax and Malakai in the ring, Flair backs down from Matthews before connecting with a huge low blow!

The crowd explodes, drawing the attention of Malakai who takes down Harwood with a brutal knee strike. Malakai charges to the corner as if he's going to do his signature moonsault to the outside on Flair, but he's cut off by Wheeler, who holds Malakai's legs to keep him on the middle rope until Dax arrives. Dax grabs Malakai then, seating him on the turnbuckle with a loud chop to the chest before flinging him off the ropes towards the center of the ring, where Wheeler finishes a devastating Shatter Machine! The three count is academic from there.

FTR and Flair raise their arms in the ring while an injured Malakai and Buddy limp up the ramp. Dax and Cash each take turns giving firm handshakes to The Nature Boy, then powder out of the ring to give Flair his moment to shine in Charlotte. The show takes one last commercial break as Flair soaks in the adoration of the crowd.

When the show comes back from break, Konosuke Takeshita makes his entrance alongside the despicable Don Callis. The crowd comes alive for the entrance of Eddie Kingston, all three belts in tow as he storms to the ring yelling obscenities at Callis and Takeshita his entire way down the ramp.

American Triple Crown Championship Match
Eddie Kingston (c) vs Konosuke Takeshita w/ Don Callis
King is completely unable to match Takeshita' superior athleticism early, as expected. Takeshita keeps the champion off balance and reeling with devastating strikes from every angle while Callis revels in his client's prowess at ringside. Eddie manages to get some stiff shots in here and there, but Takeshita remarkably takes most of them in stride and simply fires back on the Mad King. Eddie at one point even has to roll out of the ring to recalibrate, hilariously taking time to tell Don Callis to "shut the f*** up" while recovering from a hard kick. Eddie rolls back in and decides not to trade blows with Takeshita anymore, instead bringing the Japanese challenger to the mat and leaning on him, hoping to effect his cardio. When they return to their feet, Eddie finds out that this was futile, as Takeshita has seemingly endless breath in his lungs. Barely even laboring, Takeshita hits a massive jumping knee strike for a two count that nearly had Callis ready to run laps around the building. Eddie begins to mount slightly more offense, but none of it seems to be effecting Takeshita in the way he hopes it would. Even a huge Saito suplex from Eddie garners barely a two count, with Takeshita pulling himself to his feet before Kingston can. Eddie narrowly manages to kick out of a Blue Thunder Bomb, and Takeshita pulls down his kneepad and starts measuring for a match-ending knee strike on King, looking to end his Championship reign as soon as it began. Callis, feeling this match is securely in the bag, shouts from the outside for Takeshita to hit Eddie with his own finisher, the Uraken. Takeshita nods to himself for a second before recalibrating his strategy and approaching Eddie, swinging for the fences with the backfist. Kingston ducks, though, and quickly pops up with a Uraken of his own! Takeshita collapses to the mat, the backfist catching him flush for what looks to be a certain knockout. Just for good measure, Eddie scoops him off the mat and hits the Northern Lights Bomb before covering for a narrow and unlikely victory to retain his titles.

Callis is left devastated on the outside, not believing that Takeshita lost control of the match so quickly like that. Takeshita is finally coming to in the ring, but he was clearly knocked loopy by the strength of The Mad King. Eddie is out on the ramp showing off his belts to the raucous crowd, celebrating the W as Collision fades off the air.

Confirmed for Dynamite Homecoming:
Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson in action

AEW Championship Match

Samoa Joe (c) vs Sting

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
(Sorry about the frequent posts, insomnia be like that)

AEW WEEKLY REPORT/RUMORS:

- AEW’s first ever wave of mass talent cuts took place on Sunday, January 7th. It’s said that Tony Khan was reluctant to release wrestlers from their contracts before they expired, but was talked into it by consultants who felt it was necessary in order to make space for upcoming signings and returns. The released talents are as follows: Aaron Solo, Angelico, Ari Daivari, Harley Cameron, Jake Hager, Parker Boudreaux, Rebel, Serena Deeb, and Tony Nese.

- A few wrestlers were asked to take a step back from their on-screen roles due to feedback from fans, most notably Chris Jericho. After a difficult conversation, both Jericho and Khan agreed that it would be best if he spent at least a few months off TV due to recent allegations as well as fan feedback wearing on Jericho. Saraya is another wrestler who was asked to consider appearing on TV just a bit less to let AEW build up other roster members.

- The reveal of Christian Cage’s “new son” and the newest member of The Patriarchy teased on this past week’s Collision is rumored to be someone who has never appeared on AEW programming before.

- On social media,
a couple more matches were announced for Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite: Homecoming. With the idea being to feature as many wrestlers who were around for the weekly Daily’s Place shows as possible, both Thunder Rosa vs Hikaru Shida and Swerve Strickland vs Penta El Zero M were added to the card for the show. Although Swerve just missed the cut for the original Daily’s Place run, with his current popularity AEW felt it was necessary to put him in front of the Jacksonville fans.

Confirmed for Dynamite Homecoming:
Jon Moxley and Bryan Danielson in action
Hikaru Shida vs Thunder Rosa
Swerve Strickland vs Penta El Zero M

AEW Championship Match

Samoa Joe (c) vs Sting

Last edited:

DTP

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite - January 3, 2024:

The layout you've got set up here is very pleasing. Let's see how you take things in AEW in the new year.

Dante Martin beating Orange Cassidy came very out of nowhere, but it does a great job setting up the element of surprise as 2024 kicks off with the first AEW match. I don't know how I feel about Orange losing the AEW International Championship with such little fanfare, though, after what he endured to win the title against the Blackpool Combat Club. I guess a focus on the youth wouldn't hurt AEW, even though I'm wondering where Orange and the Best Friends go from here.

Samoa Joe's interview was fine to establish what he wants to do in the AEW World Championship picture. A little strange to see him declare an open challenge, but at least it falls in line with the King of Television stuff, and it moving on to encompass the entire company now.

I was surprised to have you bring Jamie Hayter back so suddenly, keeping with the element of surprise. Anybody remember when Thunder Rosa returned recently, then did nothing? I do like however that Mariah May's debut went ruined by Hayter, who surely will have unfinished business with Toni Storm. That said, I figure a lot has changed since Jamie lost the title. Hayter and Storm had that great match previously, so a follow up angle would be marvelous.

I feel like Eddie Kingston moving along to the Don Callis Family is a bit out of left field, but it's a new direction for a lot of the AEW roster to adapt to under your watch. I feel like you had a lot of potential in expanding on the Blackpool Combat Club business with him now being AEW Continental Crown Champion. Jon Moxley may have his respect still, but Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli remain dead against it. Maybe there is added wrinkles to factor in should Kingston wind up mixed up with Konosuke Takeshita and co. Good callbacks for Kingston and Takeshita's past, by any means.

Really, Swerve Strickland should be on the tip-top tier of All Elite Wrestling after the last few months. I don't know if I would have had Swerve out there with the Mogul Embassy, but it was effective in having the Hardys and Brother Zay eat a loss to get Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony a dominant win. I wonder what happens with the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship under your watch. I personally would love to see a unification match with the Acclaimed's AEW World Trios Championship.

Fun stuff with Toni Storm. There is so much you can do with her, it's impressive. I've got to wonder where you plan to take the expansive women's division.

Mercedes Martinez going over Anna Jay made sense, but at what cost? I feel like Jay is in need of a big win that will see her ascend to the next level.

Daniel Garcia by all rights should have gotten the win against Nick Wayne. It did what was intended. I feel like Matt Menard similarly is in dire need of something more significant to do. I'd love to see him get his teeth sunk into something important. Maybe that's the long-term goal of his assembly with Garcia, and his discreet distancing from Angelo Parker.

Adam Cole's promo served the purpose it intended, with getting over the motives and reasons of the faction dismantling MJF I felt it was sufficient, a la real life. Perfect exposition, and there's something more daunting about calling themselves the Devil's Kingdom over the Undisputed KIngdom. Less wordy.

How you handle Sting's retirement in the coming months will be a huge deciding factor of your commitment to the project. I look forward to seeing how you choose to go about it. We've seen Samoa Joe and Darby Allin a lot previously, and it worked as a good enough AEW World Championship main event, with worthy star power involved. Hangman Page getting involved with the mix made plenty of sense, though I feel like I wouldn't have had Samoa Joe beat on Sting to get there. Page gunning for revenge works well, and he would have a killer match with Joe, too. Sadly I don't see Page recapturing the title, but it'll be good stuff at the top of the card.

AEW Rampage - January 5, 2024:

I always loved Chuck Taylor on commentary in PWG, and with him injured I wouldn't mind seeing him in this role in real life.

I understand the rationale for undercard matches dominating Rampage as a show, but I don't know how I feel about opening the show with a squash match when Rampage is still televised on TNT. I do feel like Brody King and Julia Hart need more interplay between them, and I feel like there's a dynamic there that should truly stick around. I just wonder about Skye Blue and where she fits into this. What's next for the AEW TBS Champion now Abadon's been dealt with?

HOOK's promo worked fine for what it was. I know his deal is he wants to bring more prestige to the FTW Championship, but I do feel like he's done all he can accomplish with it. It's time really for him to start doing bigger and better things, perhaps with other titles and more pressing storylines.

The former Jericho Appreciation Society members are in a weird spot, with Daniel Garcia being positioned as a babyface, and while separate from Chris Jericho, still being presented as heels for the most part. Matt Menard and Angelo Parker getting one over on the Dark Order was logical, though. It's sad how Evil Uno, John Silver and Alex Reynolds have been failed by the Dark Order heel turn.

I do hope we see some big things in Jay White's future. I wouldn't have minded him being the one to beat Orange Cassidy for the AEW International Championship. Alas, a feud with Jon Moxley makes perfect sense, and I'm all for the dynamics involved when Bullet Club Gold meet the Blackpool Combat Club. I maybe would have saved this segment for Collision where more eyes would have been on it, though.

Powerhouse Hobbs going over AR Fox just made sense, and worked fine for a main event. I do think there should be more things happening during these matches, that said, however. I feel like a lot of these matches end clean and nothing of note transpires after. It maintains that sports-esque charm, but does harm the potential for storyline progression.

AEW Collision - January 6, 2024:

Great detail with the opening match, but I'm not sure how to feel about Orange Cassidy just simply letting the AEW International Championship go without so much of a "hey congrats". Good action to grant La Faccion Ingobernable the win. Preston Vance really took a tragic hit leaving the Dark Orer for this group, then being used as little more than a lackey with no credibility. Probably for the best he goes over Danhausen, in any case. I wouldn't mind seeing Trent Beretta do something substantial in the near future. RUSH is practically headliner material, if you ask me.

Christian Cage's promo worked very well to get over the Patriarchy, and address the events of World's End. I love that Killswitch is still the scapegoat for anything that happens to the Patriarchy, especially considering Killswitch being the reason for the AEW TNT Championship match outcome. I would suspect Daniel Garcia is in position to be Cage's next challenger...just what we need, Christian Cage as a father opposite the ring from Daddy Magic Matt Menard in Garcia's corner.

Diamante served to fill the role of Thunder Rosa's first opponent back to singles competition. I believe she should be a frontrunner for the AEW Women's World Championship, but then again after her involvement in Abadon's business with the House of Black women, I wouldn't be too surprised to see her challenge for the AEW TBS Championship.

Good exposition for Ricky Starks and Big Bill, who really deserve a good reign as AEW World Tag Team Champions, let down by injuries and unappealing opposition. I suspect the lack of Chris Jericho in this tells us all we need to know about his and Sammy Guevara gunning for the titles.

Good reaction promo from Samoa Joe, but I do wonder what the log-term goal is here. I definitely don't think Sting's first singles match since Seth Rollins at WWE Night of Champions 2015 should be a probable loss/non-finish to Samoa Joe at Dynamite Homecoming. I'm waiting for the out. I also feel like the AEW World Championship shouldn't be overused in title matches.

The wheels are in motion for Bullet Club Gold's feud with the Blackpool Combat Club. Jay White going over Wheeler Yuta was fine, but Yuta is in a weird predicament being ROH Pure Champion (oddly not mentioned here?) and having spent the past forseeable few months acting like a total shithead. Ah well, comes with the storyline I suppose.

Bit of a random pairing to have Ruby Soho and Leyla Hirsch team up against Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale. I guess it sets forth a new team to be put over, while continuing Stokely Hathaway's corruption of Statlander. I don't know how to feel about the winning team, though, as dirty as their win was.

Ric Flair practically had to appear, given him being from Charlotte, North Carolina. It was surprising to see him and FTR linked together, though. The match with the House of Black was everything it needed to be, and the rub Flair would give Malakai Black and co would be tremendous. That said, the right team won and I wouldn't mind seeing Flair used as a vehicle for more feuds and matches going forward - anything to keep him out of coming out of retirement again, anyway.

I was disappointed to learn the AEW Continental Crown Championship was eligible to be defended much like any of the other twenty-five titles AEW has lying around, so seeing Eddie Kingston already defend the American Triple Crown Championship is a little disappointing. At least it's against a great competitor in Konosuke Takeshita, who, let's face it, was never going to win the title. I am hopeful that we won't see any backtracking on Don Callis and Takeshita as a duo.

This was an excellent debut week for the project. I'm eager to see how we go longer term - namely how you get out of that Samoa Joe and Sting match.

Reactions: Death By Looch

BookerMan

Reaction score
AEW Dynamite - January 3, 2024:

The layout you've got set up here is very pleasing. Let's see how you take things in AEW in the new year.

Dante Martin beating Orange Cassidy came very out of nowhere, but it does a great job setting up the element of surprise as 2024 kicks off with the first AEW match. I don't know how I feel about Orange losing the AEW International Championship with such little fanfare, though, after what he endured to win the title against the Blackpool Combat Club. I guess a focus on the youth wouldn't hurt AEW, even though I'm wondering where Orange and the Best Friends go from here.

Samoa Joe's interview was fine to establish what he wants to do in the AEW World Championship picture. A little strange to see him declare an open challenge, but at least it falls in line with the King of Television stuff, and it moving on to encompass the entire company now.

I was surprised to have you bring Jamie Hayter back so suddenly, keeping with the element of surprise. Anybody remember when Thunder Rosa returned recently, then did nothing? I do like however that Mariah May's debut went ruined by Hayter, who surely will have unfinished business with Toni Storm. That said, I figure a lot has changed since Jamie lost the title. Hayter and Storm had that great match previously, so a follow up angle would be marvelous.

I feel like Eddie Kingston moving along to the Don Callis Family is a bit out of left field, but it's a new direction for a lot of the AEW roster to adapt to under your watch. I feel like you had a lot of potential in expanding on the Blackpool Combat Club business with him now being AEW Continental Crown Champion. Jon Moxley may have his respect still, but Bryan Danielson and Claudio Castagnoli remain dead against it. Maybe there is added wrinkles to factor in should Kingston wind up mixed up with Konosuke Takeshita and co. Good callbacks for Kingston and Takeshita's past, by any means.

Really, Swerve Strickland should be on the tip-top tier of All Elite Wrestling after the last few months. I don't know if I would have had Swerve out there with the Mogul Embassy, but it was effective in having the Hardys and Brother Zay eat a loss to get Brian Cage and the Gates of Agony a dominant win. I wonder what happens with the ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship under your watch. I personally would love to see a unification match with the Acclaimed's AEW World Trios Championship.

Fun stuff with Toni Storm. There is so much you can do with her, it's impressive. I've got to wonder where you plan to take the expansive women's division.

Mercedes Martinez going over Anna Jay made sense, but at what cost? I feel like Jay is in need of a big win that will see her ascend to the next level.

Daniel Garcia by all rights should have gotten the win against Nick Wayne. It did what was intended. I feel like Matt Menard similarly is in dire need of something more significant to do. I'd love to see him get his teeth sunk into something important. Maybe that's the long-term goal of his assembly with Garcia, and his discreet distancing from Angelo Parker.

Adam Cole's promo served the purpose it intended, with getting over the motives and reasons of the faction dismantling MJF I felt it was sufficient, a la real life. Perfect exposition, and there's something more daunting about calling themselves the Devil's Kingdom over the Undisputed KIngdom. Less wordy.

How you handle Sting's retirement in the coming months will be a huge deciding factor of your commitment to the project. I look forward to seeing how you choose to go about it. We've seen Samoa Joe and Darby Allin a lot previously, and it worked as a good enough AEW World Championship main event, with worthy star power involved. Hangman Page getting involved with the mix made plenty of sense, though I feel like I wouldn't have had Samoa Joe beat on Sting to get there. Page gunning for revenge works well, and he would have a killer match with Joe, too. Sadly I don't see Page recapturing the title, but it'll be good stuff at the top of the card.

AEW Rampage - January 5, 2024:

I always loved Chuck Taylor on commentary in PWG, and with him injured I wouldn't mind seeing him in this role in real life.

I understand the rationale for undercard matches dominating Rampage as a show, but I don't know how I feel about opening the show with a squash match when Rampage is still televised on TNT. I do feel like Brody King and Julia Hart need more interplay between them, and I feel like there's a dynamic there that should truly stick around. I just wonder about Skye Blue and where she fits into this. What's next for the AEW TBS Champion now Abadon's been dealt with?

HOOK's promo worked fine for what it was. I know his deal is he wants to bring more prestige to the FTW Championship, but I do feel like he's done all he can accomplish with it. It's time really for him to start doing bigger and better things, perhaps with other titles and more pressing storylines.

The former Jericho Appreciation Society members are in a weird spot, with Daniel Garcia being positioned as a babyface, and while separate from Chris Jericho, still being presented as heels for the most part. Matt Menard and Angelo Parker getting one over on the Dark Order was logical, though. It's sad how Evil Uno, John Silver and Alex Reynolds have been failed by the Dark Order heel turn.

I do hope we see some big things in Jay White's future. I wouldn't have minded him being the one to beat Orange Cassidy for the AEW International Championship. Alas, a feud with Jon Moxley makes perfect sense, and I'm all for the dynamics involved when Bullet Club Gold meet the Blackpool Combat Club. I maybe would have saved this segment for Collision where more eyes would have been on it, though.

Powerhouse Hobbs going over AR Fox just made sense, and worked fine for a main event. I do think there should be more things happening during these matches, that said, however. I feel like a lot of these matches end clean and nothing of note transpires after. It maintains that sports-esque charm, but does harm the potential for storyline progression.

AEW Collision - January 6, 2024:

Great detail with the opening match, but I'm not sure how to feel about Orange Cassidy just simply letting the AEW International Championship go without so much of a "hey congrats". Good action to grant La Faccion Ingobernable the win. Preston Vance really took a tragic hit leaving the Dark Orer for this group, then being used as little more than a lackey with no credibility. Probably for the best he goes over Danhausen, in any case. I wouldn't mind seeing Trent Beretta do something substantial in the near future. RUSH is practically headliner material, if you ask me.

Christian Cage's promo worked very well to get over the Patriarchy, and address the events of World's End. I love that Killswitch is still the scapegoat for anything that happens to the Patriarchy, especially considering Killswitch being the reason for the AEW TNT Championship match outcome. I would suspect Daniel Garcia is in position to be Cage's next challenger...just what we need, Christian Cage as a father opposite the ring from Daddy Magic Matt Menard in Garcia's corner.

Diamante served to fill the role of Thunder Rosa's first opponent back to singles competition. I believe she should be a frontrunner for the AEW Women's World Championship, but then again after her involvement in Abadon's business with the House of Black women, I wouldn't be too surprised to see her challenge for the AEW TBS Championship.

Good exposition for Ricky Starks and Big Bill, who really deserve a good reign as AEW World Tag Team Champions, let down by injuries and unappealing opposition. I suspect the lack of Chris Jericho in this tells us all we need to know about his and Sammy Guevara gunning for the titles.

Good reaction promo from Samoa Joe, but I do wonder what the log-term goal is here. I definitely don't think Sting's first singles match since Seth Rollins at WWE Night of Champions 2015 should be a probable loss/non-finish to Samoa Joe at Dynamite Homecoming. I'm waiting for the out. I also feel like the AEW World Championship shouldn't be overused in title matches.

The wheels are in motion for Bullet Club Gold's feud with the Blackpool Combat Club. Jay White going over Wheeler Yuta was fine, but Yuta is in a weird predicament being ROH Pure Champion (oddly not mentioned here?) and having spent the past forseeable few months acting like a total shithead. Ah well, comes with the storyline I suppose.

Bit of a random pairing to have Ruby Soho and Leyla Hirsch team up against Kris Statlander and Willow Nightingale. I guess it sets forth a new team to be put over, while continuing Stokely Hathaway's corruption of Statlander. I don't know how to feel about the winning team, though, as dirty as their win was.

Ric Flair practically had to appear, given him being from Charlotte, North Carolina. It was surprising to see him and FTR linked together, though. The match with the House of Black was everything it needed to be, and the rub Flair would give Malakai Black and co would be tremendous. That said, the right team won and I wouldn't mind seeing Flair used as a vehicle for more feuds and matches going forward - anything to keep him out of coming out of retirement again, anyway.

I was disappointed to learn the AEW Continental Crown Championship was eligible to be defended much like any of the other twenty-five titles AEW has lying around, so seeing Eddie Kingston already defend the American Triple Crown Championship is a little disappointing. At least it's against a great competitor in Konosuke Takeshita, who, let's face it, was never going to win the title. I am hopeful that we won't see any backtracking on Don Callis and Takeshita as a duo.

This was an excellent debut week for the project. I'm eager to see how we go longer term - namely how you get out of that Samoa Joe and Sting match.
Appreciate the review, as well as the reminder that Yuta is ROH Pure Champion, which I completely forgot about. That's what I get for doing the champions off the top of my head. And don't worry, Flair is staying retired :lol

Reactions: Stojy and DTP