Addressing a few things...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kasumi

Reaction score
No, it isn't just about you. I wanted to make a public statement for it to make sure everyone knows about it.

I think our definitions of spam and spamming are not the same. I don't mean spam as in inbox spam or junk mail, spam as in repetitiveness with low quality.

And, thank you.
I have a repetitive disorder and low quality is subjective.

Kasumi

Reaction score
Two things I see which may help a bit to lower spam is No-Double posting rule and a word/character minimum to post a thread. What does that mean?

Basically, until someone else posts in a thread, you are not allowed to make a new post. If you wish to add more information or correct yourself, then you use the edit button (shocking concept, I know, right?!) That means someone else has to participate in the conversation before you make a new post.

However, since I know at times you may want to add something later on and it wouldn't make sense to combine it into an old post. For example, I have a thread of my CAWs from WWE 2k19 and while people like my posts when I make a CAW they like, not every time someone replies. So if I make a new character I want to show off, then, of course, it would likely be a separate post. That is why I suggest there should be leeway if another post isn't made within a certain timeframe. Let's say 12 hours (half a day) or 24 hours (one whole day) which I think the later may be a bit better to prevent spam.

So to summarize:

You can't make back to back posts unless 24 hours have passed. if you need to fix or add something, use the edit button for what it was designed to do!

Then, to put it as plain as possible, a word limit or character limit may be helpful. That way we won't have threads that are only an image or just one or two words as its opening post. Sure some threads are self-explanatory in nature, but it'd be better for the post to have even a tiny bit of substance to it than just one word.

Those two rules would likely help prevent spam and trashy threads. I could also mention things like... Not making the exact same post back to back (and changing capitalization or punctuation does not count), or don't make threads dedicated to shitting on fellow forum members, but let's start with those two.
Grunt likes showing off how smart he is, geez.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I have a repetitive disorder and low quality is subjective.

Regardless if you have a disorder or not, it still comes down to you in order to control it (and repetitive disorders are fairly common and I am sure others here may have one). Although I know most repetitive disorders are based on doing actions such as biting nails, chewing hair, picking skin etc, so I am not sure how it translates to making constant posts back to back to back and replying to my posts in threads where it is irrelevant saying "GO CAPS!" just to get on my nerves, which is getting close to flaming and baiting a response, by the way, but still it comes down to you to overcome this hurdle if it is somehow causing it.

Also, it may be subjective to a degree, but I think the recent examples as a whole have been pretty clear cut.

Edit to follow my own suggestion of a rule.

It’s hard to fuse stupidity and humor.
Grunt likes showing off how smart he is, geez.
This is a full blown mutiny!
I only follow the orders of Solidus
Fine, I’ll follow the orders of the cat too.

And this right here is why the Double Post rule may come in handy!

The Crown Prosecutor rests their case!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Solid Snake

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
There is two people spamming the locker room section, Kasumi and that bitch. Both need to chill with the amount of threads and posts they do. it is getting tiresome.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Just ban the shit posters of which there are definitely a couple who stand out at the moment.

Yeah, like that stupid idiot named "Grunt Beavie." What is their name? Grunt? Or Beavie? Make up your mind you stupid woodchuck!

There is two people spamming the locker room section, Kasumi and that bitch. Both need to chill with the amount of threads and posts they do. it is getting tiresome.

Oh, we know who is doing it the most (ignoring the joke above). But to be fair, even if they stop, some rules may prevent a similar situation from happening in the future, rules that most people essentially already follow but instead it is written in stone? (text?) to make certain people know it is the accepted behaviour on the site. Create social norms that are clearly defined, if you will.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, like that stupid idiot named "Grunt Beavie." What is their name? Grunt? Or Beavie? Make up your mind you stupid woodchuck!

Yeah! What an asshole! The way he always talks about beavers makes me wonder if he's into beastiality or something.

"Grunt" Beavie definitely deserves the Ban Hammer! @Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah! What an asshole! The way he always talks about beavers makes me wonder if he's into beastiality or something.

"Grunt" Beavie definitely deserves the Ban Hammer! @Solid Snake
What about that Solid Snake person? Horrible! Pretends to do things as an admin and does absolutely nothing! We should ban her... Oh, wait...

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
What about that Solid Snake person? Horrible! Pretends to do things as an admin and does absolutely nothing! We should ban her... Oh, wait...

Not just pretending to do things but also pretending that Solid Snake is not just Solidus' secondary account... we all know that Solidus and Solid Snake are the same person. Just be real with us for once.. or ban yourself!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not just pretending to do things but also pretending that Solid Snake is not just Solidus' secondary account... we all know that Solidus and Solid Snake are the same person. Just be real with us for once.. or ban yourself!
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley