Addressing a few things...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
There are minimal rules in the Locker Room as it is meant to just talk about whatever and have fun.
When things keep happening that are annoying multiple members, it is kind of hard to ignore.

I want to address a few things...

Just because this place isn't a part of the main forum, it doesn't mean you should post everything and anything that comes to mind as a thread. We may have a solution for this though.

If you notice that no one is posting in a thread, it is okay to do an occasional bump but do not keep posting in it over and over again. Threads will die out, and that is okay. Let it happen. Don't keep spamming replies, pictures, etc. when no other members are participating. It is annoying. Give other members a chance to participate if they want to.

And for the love of kittens, if a thread you want to make is related to TV, Music, Movies, or Video Games post it HERE with the appropriate prefix.

Thread making privileges can be taken away and posting can be limited. Let us not reach that point.

Again for the people in the back or the TLDRs:
- Don't keep posting in threads no other members are posting in.
- Don't spam pictures in threads (Yes, even in picture related threads)

If you have to blame anyone for this, blame Reag .
Dammit, Reag!

That is it. Here, have a cat gif:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kasumi

Reaction score
This is addressed solely at Kasumi.
Do I take issue?
No, no I don’t.
Generally my intent is not spam.
To be considered spam, as stated in the constitution, 3/5th of a thread has to be an intentional act to spam.
If said Party was not acting accordingly to the 3/5th intent law it technically can not be called spam.
Sure, it can be considered annoying, lame and weak, but spam, I think not.
In conclusion, I can summarily say that I have taken note of said post and will TRY to do a better job to be in accordance with said policies.

Kasumi

Reaction score
There are minimal rules in the Locker Room as it is meant to just talk about whatever and have fun.
When things keep happening that are annoying multiple members, it is kind of hard to ignore.

I want to address a few things...

Just because this place isn't a part of the main forum, it doesn't mean you should post everything and anything that comes to mind as a thread. We may have a solution for this though.

If you notice that no one is posting in a thread, it is okay to do an occasional bump but do not keep posting in it over and over again. Threads will die out, and that is okay. Let it happen. Don't keep spamming replies, pictures, etc. when no other members are participating. It is annoying. Give other members a chance to participate if they want to.

And for the love of kittens, if a thread you want to make is related to TV, Music, Movies, or Video Games post it HERE with the appropriate prefix.

Thread making privileges can be taken away and posting can be limited. Let us not reach that point.

Again for the people in the back or the TLDRs:
- Don't keep posting in threads no other members are posting in.
- Don't spam pictures in threads (Yes, even in picture related threads)

If you have to blame anyone for this, blame @The Vegmaster .
Dammit, Reag!

That is it. Here, have a cat gif:

giphy.gif
That was long.D0EB99FB-8DCA-4B19-B088-8D44EDAE3DE5.jpeg

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
This is addressed solely at Kasumi.
Do I take issue?
No, no I don’t.
Generally my intent is not spam.
To be considered spam, as stated in the constitution, 3/5th of a thread has to be an intentional act to spam.
If said Party was not acting accordingly to the 3/5th intent law it technically can not be called spam.
Sure, it can be considered annoying, lame and weak, but spam, I think not.
In conclusion, I can summarily say that I have taken note of said post and will TRY to do a better job to be in accordance with said policies.
No, it isn't just about you. I wanted to make a public statement for it to make sure everyone knows about it.

I think our definitions of spam and spamming are not the same. I don't mean spam as in inbox spam or junk mail, spam as in repetitiveness with low quality.

And, thank you.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Two things I see which may help a bit to lower spam is No-Double posting rule and a word/character minimum to post a thread. What does that mean?

Basically, until someone else posts in a thread, you are not allowed to make a new post. If you wish to add more information or correct yourself, then you use the edit button (shocking concept, I know, right?!) That means someone else has to participate in the conversation before you make a new post.

However, since I know at times you may want to add something later on and it wouldn't make sense to combine it into an old post. For example, I have a thread of my CAWs from WWE 2k19 and while people like my posts when I make a CAW they like, not every time someone replies. So if I make a new character I want to show off, then, of course, it would likely be a separate post. That is why I suggest there should be leeway if another post isn't made within a certain timeframe. Let's say 12 hours (half a day) or 24 hours (one whole day) which I think the later may be a bit better to prevent spam.

So to summarize:

You can't make back to back posts unless 24 hours have passed. if you need to fix or add something, use the edit button for what it was designed to do!

Then, to put it as plain as possible, a word limit or character limit may be helpful. That way we won't have threads that are only an image or just one or two words as its opening post. Sure some threads are self-explanatory in nature, but it'd be better for the post to have even a tiny bit of substance to it than just one word.

Those two rules would likely help prevent spam and trashy threads. I could also mention things like... Not making the exact same post back to back (and changing capitalization or punctuation does not count), or don't make threads dedicated to shitting on fellow forum members, but let's start with those two.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Two things I see which may help a bit to lower spam is No-Double posting rule and a word/character minimum to post a thread. What does that mean?

Basically, until someone else posts in a thread, you are not allowed to make a new post. If you wish to add more information or correct yourself, then you use the edit button (shocking concept, I know, right?!) That means someone else has to participate in the conversation before you make a new post.

However, since I know at times you may want to add something later on and it wouldn't make sense to combine it into an old post. For example, I have a thread of my CAWs from WWE 2k19 and while people like my posts when I make a CAW they like, not every time someone replies. So if I make a new character I want to show off, then, of course, it would likely be a separate post. That is why I suggest there should be leeway if another post isn't made within a certain timeframe. Let's say 12 hours (half a day) or 24 hours (one whole day) which I think the later may be a bit better to prevent spam.

So to summarize:

You can't make back to back posts unless 24 hours have passed. if you need to fix or add something, use the edit button for what it was designed to do!

Then, to put it as plain as possible, a word limit or character limit may be helpful. That way we won't have threads that are only an image or just one or two words as its opening post. Sure some threads are self-explanatory in nature, but it'd be better for the post to have even a tiny bit of substance to it than just one word.

Those two rules would likely help prevent spam and trashy threads. I could also mention things like... Not making the exact same post back to back (and changing capitalization or punctuation does not count), or don't make threads dedicated to shitting on fellow forum members, but let's start with those two.
I like this idea, but I feel like Legends shouldn't have to wait as it was a right before the site change, and I don't see many of the spamming things and such, just my two sense.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I feel like people post anything in the locker room section now, no thought behind what is a good topic. Some of the thread titles could be a forum status instead

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I like this idea, but I feel like Legends shouldn't have to wait as it was a right before the site change, and I don't see many of the spamming things and such, just my two sense.

Then that could be a privilege for Legend members (and staff members). One which may be taken away if a Legend abuses it of course because I have seen some legend ranked people before feeling the need to go on a shitposting rampage and abusing it.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Then that could be a privilege for Legend members (and staff members). One which may be taken away if a Legend abuses it of course because I have seen some legend ranked people before feeling the need to go on a shitposting rampage and abusing it.
I'll agree, and like I said I have never seen anyone who is a Legend do it.