Adding a new singles title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GoodGuySteve

Jobber
Reaction score
This roster is loaded. Not by just a number stand point, also, from top to bottom talent throughout. Adding another singles title would be nothing but a positive for this company. From what I read when they unified the titles is that "they" wanted a more traditional World Title. Which makes total sense. That left a huge hole for RAW, Smackdown, and Specials(PPVs). Not to mention you have this loaded roster going after 3 titles.

Some ideas could be a "TV Title". Worked well in other companies during the Cable Era. I t would be HUGE in WWE since they have 5 hours of cable programming to fill per week.

A "Network title" may be too one dimensional. Its sorta brings up relation to the Internet Title Ryder made. Only defended on Network Specials.

North American title would be cool. It would be a mid card title. I think thats a good thing. It gives the WWE and fans to see if newer wrestlers showcase how they handle being a title holder.

I think they should get rid of the King of The Ring as a tournament and make it into a title. It HAS to be defended every Special. It can still be a big deal even though it won't be the same as winning a tournament but it can help bridge the nostalgia of the Old King of the Ring and the new King of the Ring..

Please post some ideas..or if you disagree

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I've always wanted to see a lightweight tonight, for wrestlers below 220lbs. TNA did an awesome job with X-Division, I'm sure WWE could do the same.
TV Title sounds good also, would need a better name though.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
A part of me has been saying for sometime that wrestling has faded so far out of the picture and has basically merged with entertainment.
For this reason, it would seem creating an 'entertainment' title might be in order.
The idea would be that the Divas title would be for commercial use (i.e. promoting TV, doing commercials. social media, movie cameos)
The women's championship would deliver a better in ring product.
This distinguishment would play itself on television as such.
I'm not necessarily for this idea, but this is a discussion and WWE is leaning in this direction, possibly moreso than a cruiserweight division.

My proposal might even extend toward the IC/U.S division as well. Wrestling has changed so much that the drama/entertainment aspect has taken a life of its own.

Edit: This isn't a new concept, but the PC nature of the WWE demands characters that can be promoted worldwide and bring money based on their personality, rather than their ringwork.
I wouldn't extend concept toward the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. I don't love this idea but this business is kind of headed in that type of direction.

Reactions: GoodGuySteve

GoodGuySteve

Jobber
Reaction score
I dont disagree with what you are saying. I feel like Vince is the one who is taking it in that direction. PC is one thing. You can never do, again, what was done in the Attitude Era and before that. I think once Triple H and Steph get real control that some edge will return. How much and how certain? Look at some things that happened in NXT.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I dont disagree with what you are saying. I feel like Vince is the one who is taking it in that direction. PC is one thing. You can never do, again, what was done in the Attitude Era and before that. I think once Triple H and Steph get real control that some edge will return. How much and how certain? Look at some things that happened in NXT.
WWE is PC for a very large number of reasons, most of which are very good reasons.
Whether adult males appreciate this has been made obvious particularly the past two years.
The irony of Daniel Bryan's ascension is he isn't any more edgy than John Cena could ever be.
Bryan could be edgier, but that's the last thing they want from a guy who's career and stature resemble Chris Benoit in so many ways.
The edge will return once society is ready for it and WWE can configure a profitable business behind it.

I'd also be re-missed if I didn't mention that 'entertainment' titles could be competed over (among other things) by the number of twitter followers , number of facebook friends or youtube hits/subscribers one has.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Just going to go out on an unpopular limb here. Personally i've always been a fan of mixed tag team matches, and so i would like to see something like that happen. Make the divisions interact more without violating their new policy regarding intergender matches.

GoodGuySteve

Jobber
Reaction score
I dislike them but Im not saying your idea is bad or wrong. Its hard now in this age to have any kind of "male on female" violence. Even if its pro wrestling I think it would be hammered by media.

Reactions: Butters!

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
I'm fine with the amount of titles in WWE currently, It seems whenever someone has a title they become somewhat irrelevant, and it hurts the prestige of the title as well, mostly mid-card titles. Unless WWE starts using the titles and mid-card division properly, bringing in more titles might be a mistake.

Reactions: GoodGuySteve

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
no... no... no... no... no no no no no no no no no no no no no... no :downer:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Something akin to the X-Division title, would be good. A title meant for a certain style, not a weight limit. But then again 75% of all moves in wrestling, are banned in the WWE. It might not work so well. But a new title isn't a good idea all together. WWE has two titles who are far from reaching their full potential, and to have another title to take another chip away from that. It would be a horrible move in a time when rebuilding the titles are crucial.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd rather they start using the titles they have well. But the problem rests in the entire creative process rather than in the belts themselves.

Reactions: edge4ever

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
There's no need for new singles titles right now, IMO. They should focus on booking the ones they have better.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
One of the last things the product needs right now in my opinion is MORE titles. They already have the perfect balance of championships with one world title, two midcard titles, one set of tag team titles, and a women's title... No need to add any more, just put a more concentrated effort into booking what you've already got.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I agree that adding more titles won't help any. They need better stories and booking.