Adamle to wrestle?!!! WWE cancels Savage dvd

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

-- WWE has plans for Raw General Manager Mike Adamle to wrestle soon. Adamle recently hired a personal trainer in Chicago who works with a number of top athletes because he was told to get ready to wrestle in the near future. Adamle does have an athletic background as he was a very good NFL player at one point, but that was a little over 30 years ago. On another note, Adamle still works as a sportscaster for the NBC affiliate based out of Chicago on a freelance basis.

-- WWE has plans to release an autobiography on WWE Hall of Fame Iron Sheik under the Simon & Schuster banner. Keith Elliot Greenberg has signed on to help Sheik put the book together. Greenberg's looking to hear from wrestlers who have good Sheik stories, as well as fans who have Sheik stories. You can e-mail the stories at SheikStories@gmail.com.

-- Amazon.com recently sent out an e-mail to their customers informing them to pre-order a Randy Savage DVD from WWE. However, Vince McMahon actually cancelled the project after he found about it late last year and Amazon.com apparently weren't informed. Plans for the DVD were made without McMahon's approval as he quickly put the kibosh on it. Amazon.com still has a product page for the nixed DVD, which you can see at link. It was tapped to be a nine-hour three-disc DVD set entitled Randy Savage: Macho Madness scheduled for release on November 18, 2008. In its place, WWE decided to release another DVD set on Eddie Guerrero, which is scheduled to be released on November 11.

Source: pwheadlines.com

CenaMark54

^^^Laugh all you want. Adamle is a legit athlete and in his prime he was probably 10x as athletic as anyone currently in the WWE. Its not like throwing Cole or even Coach in the ring.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
If he is good I say let him do it...I don't judge people until I see it...

I mean I didn't think he would make a good GM but hey he has impressed me so far so I mean since he is an athlete he might be pretty good at it..

Airfixx

Re: The Savage DVD... Shit! I didn't even realise they had one slated...

C'mon Vince, mellow on this Machoman hating and give us what we want, damn it!

MR.BIG

Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha ,,..... let me guess his finisher move is a sit down powerbomb which is called the "ADAM BOMB".... (laughs)

xtremebadass

lol Adamle will tag team with his best friend John Cena. It will be epic as hell. He is still my hero and his first match will turn you all into Adamle-Maniacs

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm already on the Bandwagon...Adamle has impressed me since becoming GM and like I said up top...If he is really up for it I say let em do it...He might be good.

J

I marked when he became GM. But mainly just because I was sick of his announcing and know it meant no more of that.

Airfixx

Given the supposed reasons why Vince has beef with Savage, I can understand why he wouldn't want to honour him by putting him in the HOF (even though if Vince keeps leaving bonafide legends out, it'll make a mockery of the whole damn thing), but I'm suprised they aren't happy to make money out of his legacy by doing a DVD... He's all over their product over the years anyway, playing a major role in some of their best ever events ("available at all good DVD stockists now" LOL).

Reaction score
^^^Laugh all you want. Adamle is a legit athlete and in his prime he was probably 10x as athletic as anyone currently in the WWE. Its not like throwing Cole or even Coach in the ring.

Mike Adamle last played football with Moses. A 58 year old rookie. I like that he's training and trying something new but on WWPEE? Shouldn't he have to go through the proper channels like other wrestlers instead of the superstar route?

Airfixx

^^^No.

As much of a WWE hater as you are, surely you can find something more meaningful to object to than Adamle, A GM/commentator (who at most will just get his ass kicked once in a while by the babyfaces), not 'paying his dues' as a wrestler? --->

xtremebadass

Mike Adamle is the one man capable of running the entire company. He can cover every base...

-Announcer
-Wrestler
-GM

All he needs to be is a wrestler's manager. He would be set

It will be

Adamle tagging with Cena
Adamle vs. Regal for GM Spot
Adamle vs. McMahon for control of WWE

daleast86

Reaction score
I was asking myself this question when I watched raw this last week. When Batista and Cena were being separated by security, I was thinking what happens if they hit Adamle by accident. So yeah I know he's gonna start to get into physical action pretty soon.