Adam Rose

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

Has anyone seen this guy yet? I love his gimmick, it's such a party atmosphere. I love how when he is losing, the crowd chants "party pooper" and them hum his theme song. I think this will transition very well to the "e" but he does seem like he needs some work in the ring. What do you all think?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Has anyone seen this guy yet? I love his gimmick, it's such a party atmosphere. I love how when he is losing, the crowd chants "party pooper" and them hum his theme song. I think this will transition very well to the "e" but he does seem like he needs some work in the ring. What do you all think?

yeah I thought there was a thread for him already haha.
he's my avatar pic ;)
I think they changed his theme song though because they didn't secure the rights.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I thought you people were crying your eyes out about that shitty Leo Kruger gimmick being trashed.

I'd say a lot of people jumped their guns considering how many similar gimmicks we have and how poorly they're done, I really like the whole Adam Rose concept and how well it's portrayed by him though.

And Leo Kruger wasn't a shitty gimmick at all.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the other Adam Rose thread going. I liked Kruger as well and wanted to dislike this gimmick, but I can't. I hope they got a theme song that was just as catchy if they have to replace it. That WOOOOO was money.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Can't Jim Johnston just do a song that sounds kinda like his original theme.....you know: a "Jimmy Hart Version"?

wk

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Can't Jim Johnston just do a song that sounds kinda like his original theme.....you know: a "Jimmy Hart Version"?

wk
Fans wouldn't appreciate that, and I'd imagine copyrights are much more stricter nowadays, hence wwe not taking the risk of a lawsuit.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Fans wouldn't appreciate that, and I'd imagine copyrights are much more stricter nowadays, hence wwe not taking the risk of a lawsuit.

I just doubt most of the fans would really notice.

As for copyright law, the laws themselves haven't changed. The way they're applied has, thanks mainly to the increase in the sampling of published/produced music in hip-hop. If they change enough (and what is "enough" is an open concept and argued widely in copyright courts and law school classes everywhere), the originators of the song have no grounds upon which to sue under copyright violation. That was the genius of JH when he used to do them all the time (it didn't hurt that a lot of the territories were regional at the time and a piece of music he adapted in Georgia or Tennessee might never be heard by the originators of the song who were living in L.A. or New York).

wk