Adam Pearce: Is he right for the job?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

So now that Gabe packed his bags and left, ROH decided that Adam Pearce is a formidable replacement. My question to you guys is...are they right? Do you think Adam Pearce will pick up where Gabe left off, and give us an even better product? I personally don't agree with this, simply because I think Pearce is going to push himself to the top. When a worker is a booker at the same time, it almost never works imo. I'm happy that ROH is trying to change into a more "sports entertainment" type product, but I think they could have replaced Gabe with someone better than Adam Pearce. What kind of booking experience does he have anyway?

Thoughts?

EDIT: Dammit, stupid Firefox did the dumb auto correct which is why it says "pierce" in the thread title. Fix plz lol

Montana

I think he will be good in the short term, and maybe bad in the long term. So far Peirce hasn't booked himself on any shows, but im sure he will return at/around Final Battle. I can't see Pearce pushing himself that hard. THere is simply better candidates for the top heel spot. I just wouldn't make sense.

So far Pearce has supposed added more videos, with better quality. THe newswire are more informative and less hype. With more interviews and character development stuff on the site. So I've seen nothing but good things so far.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
ROH has already been aiming at a more TV friendly style since the beginning of the year, there's more of a separation between heels and faces now more than ever before.

I really don't think that things won't change drastically. We'll see most of the stuff continue, but probably more budget friendly. Adam Pearce probably won't book himself to win the title 6 times or anything like that even if he's not over. The wrestlers might have more say in their role for now, but that's the only big thing I see coming. I wouldn't judge Pearce before he even has a show, Gabe wasn't a known booker either when he started with ROH.

I personally don't agree with this, simply because I think Pearce is going to push himself to the top.

I doubt that. I really don't think that Pearce will be able to pull that off, no matter how good friends with Cary Silkin he is. The fans and wrestlers would be way more vocal to that, because everyone on the roster is significant.

Soulpower

Pearce is a smart guy, he knows that pushing himself to the top won't be good for business. We might see someone like Chris Hero revert back to his old-self (The entertaining bastard) and get a nice push.

As for the overall product, I expect to see less overkill in matches, finishers that actually finish the match, and the shows not being as long as they usually are.

Montana

Yeah, I could see guys like Hero/Albright being put in top roles. The belts may not be on their shoulders, but main storylines will likely run through them.

After looking at the first show of pearces booking, it appears very predictable and dry. Its hard to tell just by reading results, but nothing is standing out from the show tonight.

papadavecpw

Reaction score
So far so good. Even if ROH do cut down on the spotty stuff (not that there is even that much these days) Pearce is not a fool. I don't think he will alienate the hardcore fan base. He cuts a good promo so hopefully he will book good stories etc.

I heard there is going to be much more impact from the wrestlers themselves which opens ROH up to lots of new avenues

KyleFitta

Reaction score
I have personaly read and watch adam's work and i am not impressed at all you can tell that the booking has change more runins less clean finishes more entertainment and less wrestling and some poorly booked matches Im not inpressed with him as of now