Adam Copeland requires surgery for broken tibia

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Another successful recreation from Chris Jericho :deandre
It’s gotten a mixed reaction tbh. Seen lot of positive comments, and lot of negative comments as well. I personally enjoy it. :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The podcasters that hate AEW seem to think it's the greatest gimmick that's ever existed and then go shit on Fenix/Ospreay being booked next week, I'm kinda loving the discourse dynamics rn

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The podcasters that hate AEW seem to think it's the greatest gimmick that's ever existed and then go shit on Fenix/Ospreay being booked next week, I'm kinda loving the discourse dynamics rn
They are idiots haha. Like even as much as I like it, definitely not the greatest, and that main event will fucking bang.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Still listening to rasslin podcasts :smh

I'd rather listen to comedians talk about therapy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“I got cocky,” admitted Copeland. “I can’t remember the last time I felt that good. I mean, I felt so good. Until I didn’t.”
“Maybe this is all somehow Jay’s fault,” said Copeland, who defeated Christian to win the TNT championship. “Always remember I took Jay’s championship to new heights.”
“My biggest concern when I got up there was, ‘How do I not crush him?” said Copeland. “I didn’t even consider getting injured. My take was if I jumped to the side, landed on my feet, and hit him with my arm but not my body, then the table would break just because of the sheer height. It happened exactly how I planned it.”
“The albatross of always feeling like you can pull it off, it’s a blessing and a curse,” said Copeland. “That’s something I could have pulled off when I was 35. My brain is still telling me I’ve got this. ‘Just land and roll backwards,’ I told myself, which I did, but from 15-feet high, my 50-year-old tibia didn’t agree.

“When I landed, I knew it wasn’t the Achilles. So I thought, that’s good. I thought maybe I sprained it or it was a bone bruise. I got up and I ran, and I finished the match. I just didn’t realize I was doing it all on a broken leg.”
“I can still do what I want, but it’s just being smarter about it,” said Copeland. “I could have got just as much mileage if I did it off the top rope.”
“House of Black brings so much to the table, their whole presentation is so cool,” said Copeland. “Tommy [Malakai Black] and I have talked about getting in there together for years. He’s one of the guys I really wanted to wrestle.

“The chemistry was there. It was fun. Early on, I could tell it was going to be a great night. I was happy with it. It would have sucked had I not been able to finish the match. I’d have a different view on it if that were the case. I’m proud of our full story.”
“I enjoyed everything I’ve done so much, and that bled through on-screen,” said Copeland. “I changed a lot of what I was doing. Change makes a lot of people uncomfortable. It keeps me alive. Change is fun. I got to change and wrestle a whole new roster. In the same week in AEW, I wrestled Brody King in a no-DQ on a Wednesday and then exchanged holds with Kyle O’Reilly in a technical match on a Saturday. That’s a good week.

“I exchanged head scissors with Penta and forearms with Suzuki. I love sinking my teeth into different styles. Coming to AEW, I have that opportunity to show that. It’s not that WWE didn’t, but there becomes a certain formula, especially when you’re only kicking around every few months. And it’s just the tip of the iceberg. I’ve only worked with a quarter of the roster.”
“My Achilles tear a few years ago led to my most difficult rehab, and I’m expecting more of that,” said Copeland. “I’m 50. I know what’s in front of me. But the surgery was successful, and the doctor was optimistic because my bones are healthy.

“It’s my seventh surgery, so I know the drill. We’ll see how my body cooperates.”