ACW Overhaul

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
I think we’re still a way away from being completely solid, so here’s a few plans I typed up on things we probably should nail down in the near future. Time for an overhaul haha!

Interactive Section
This one’s a big one for me, just because I’ve found sections similar to this useful in the past. It can stir up discussion and get the staff’s plans out there in a subtle yet fun way. Here’s a few ideas:
-Post a monthly card hyping the PPV (already done)
-‘Dirt sheet’ reports that give the RPers information on what creative is planning. (Check the Striking Distance topic I posted for an idea of what I’m talking about)
-Convincing the RPers to post things hyping their characters and making sure to respond to each one so that they continue
-Possibly a Power Rankings? I’ve done these in the past, and they usually are really fun but can cause controversy. I’m willing to take a chance though, and it’s an easy thing to do if we keep it to a weekly 10 person list.

Match Writers
We absolutely need a few match writers. The four of us are handling it for now, but we’ll get burned out at this pace. Here’s a list of guys I’ve been considering. Toss out any names I miss that you think would do it!
-S_F (wrote for me for years back on SDGL)
-Shaun
-Slim
-Chriss (If he starts RPing actively)
-Rated R Superstar
-Andy
Our only real incentive is reps, but that might convince people to pitch in haha.

Pay-Per-View Schedule
I want to knock out the PPV Schedule during Striking Distance and release it ASAP, just to get it out of the way. So, if you have time, please start thinking of names/gimmicks, and one of us can toss a thread up in creative during Striking Distance to knock out the schedule.

Roleplay Feedback
I’ve noticed and talked to a few people who’d like feedback on their RPs. I think we should drop the ‘don’t post in the RP thread rules’ to allow for feedback, and hopefully, the feedback gets people more interested and motivated.

Contact
I think this is the most important thing right now, and we need to act quick on this before it bites us in the butt. We need to increase contact with every RPer because right now we’re kinda’ controlling all the storylines with little input from them unfortunately. Here’s what I’d plan for a monthly basis.
-At the beginning of each month (during the PPV), we’ll send out a PM to every person on the roster asking for any suggestions/changes they have for the fed (suggestion threads don't always work b/c they're so public) and any storylines/feuds they have in mind that they’d like to be pushed in results. We’ll record this and work off that to build our monthly direction.
-After we nail down a direction for their character, we send them a PM telling them our plans (we’ll also note that things can change) for their character’s direction. This way their RPs will likely push the feuds, the RPers can interact with the guys their feuding with to push feuds, and the staff is more involved with the RPers.
-When a person signs up, whoever gets the job of sending these PMs designated above (I’d like to send out the first bunch if that’s okay) can send a welcome PM, answering any questions and setting up their first match. Hopefully, this can help the initial e-fed transition that we have all suffered through at one point haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know that’s a lot at once lol, but thoughts on the above?

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
Great post, King! Pretty much agree with everything!

I'd thought of using the K-Bux account to propose in-character interviews, but was afraid the response would be poor.

As for match writers, here's a shocker, why not involve Andy? Although he hates the way our matches our written, he is a good match writer, and it might give him added motivation.

The_King

Reaction score
I was going to toss him on the list, but he hasn't been RPing lately so I left him off. It's a worth a shot though, so I'll toss him on.
Can someone bump the interactive thread? It got buried under the battle threads, and we need to get some discussion going haha!

BDC

Reaction score
yeah, I would have him last on my list too to write matches. Unreliable.

The_King

Reaction score
yeah, I would have him last on my list too to write matches. Unreliable.
In the past, he written for me reliably, but as of now, I probably wouldn't tap him for the spot. Might as well give him another shot, though.

Prime, any thoughts on this?

Pete

Reaction score
Mind you, he hates our style of match-writing, so maybe just keep him as a reserve if all else fails.

If Flash was around, we would propose it to him, but haven't heard from the dude in ages.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
i think if you want to involve andy you should talk to ben and troy first he has no say on outcome and isnt on creative im ok with it

BDC

Reaction score
i think if you want to involve andy you should talk to ben and troy first he has no say on outcome and isnt on creative im ok with it

Oh, definitely, I think any other match writers we bring on must understand that they are fed the results and they only make it work in the writing of the match.