ACW Gold Rush

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
We have plenty of time before the actual PPV, but since we started discussing it, how should we do this PPV?
Obviously, we've established that we're having a Strange Bedfellows Tourny. How does that work exactly haha?
And then the second argument was on MITB or KOTM matches. Prime suggested that we have a KOTM match with all the titles on the line whereas the original plan was the typical MITB match. Which do we want to go for?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Strange Bedfellows is where people are randomly thrown together I believe. I think we should have John claim that anyone who has wrestled for ACW will be entered allowing for people to return (or not resulting in a handicap match) My desire to do this is actually greed I want to use that for an angle that pairs John and Avalanche as a tag team. Thoughts?

The_King

Reaction score
I'm against the handicap match part just because it would be majorly unfair to someone who was gunning to win it. However, I don't see a problem with having McHenry compete with Avalanche, even without the twist you mentioned.

I'm worried about the logistics part though. Should we announce the tounry during Hunting Ground so that people can get their own partners? Or should we just randomize the partners? I'd vote the former because I can already see people crying 'rig' if a staffer ends up with an amazing partner and cleans house.

Also, what will the prize be? I'm assuming whatever team wins can choose between a shot at the tag/international/predator/world belts. I think that could be interesting if both partners decide to challenge for the World Title, turning on each other.

Finally, I'm guessing the goal would be to have the finals be the main event of Gold Rush. If we decide to with your big KOTM match (obviously still being discussed), we might have a conflict as likely four big RPers will not be featured in an all inclusive title match. If we decide to do a 6-8 man MITB match with the tourny, we could just have people who were knocked out early participate in qualifiers.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Strange would suggest it be random. I was only throwing in the former guys to make it seem random er we don't actually have to follow through but I don't see the harm in a handicap match just judge it the same as a tag match or a triple threat.

Though I'm not sure the logistics tourneys really aren't good they take to long and you have to devote several cards to them maybe only four Strange teams face off at an adrenaline then the two winner face off at the ppv for tag title shot and all belts on the line for gold rush? with a possible mitb(ish) match I hate the idea of straight ripping the match off.

BDC

Reaction score
We will have to wait and see what the climate is after HUNTING GROUNDS, but we can work our way through a tournament in 2 or 3 shows and finale at GOLD RUSH. A tag team match to decide who gets to decide their own fate...own chance at gold.

But I DO see Avalanche and McHEnry together. I also see the Trix brothers together. I can see teams like Jay Clement and Banks because of their street ways. but we can also give them a heads up and have them chime in for the first week; giving them a chance to chose teams.

By the time we get to the PPV, we should be down to two or three teams and the rest will be left open for other GOLD RUSH type of matches.

We can play the HeavyWeight title and/or International Title in a King of the ring style match and the undercard can do a MITB match. Therefore, there is a lot of gold or chances at gold goin around. If we want, we can do something special for the Predators if there's enough to go around...

Pete

Reaction score
Hey Beedz, up for partnering up the "new" Jacqui Monroe with the "new" Zack Bronko? Should you not win the title?

Also, let's hope Shaun comes back, so we can have Snow-Starr :mark::mark:

The_King

Reaction score
We need to figure this out ASAP.
Do we still want to go through with the Strange Bedfellows and MITB idea?

Pete

Reaction score
I am vehemently against a KOTM idea. If you do it, it's over my kicking and screaming body. This is because someone suggested there be no caps, and I'm NOT doing no-caps EVER again.

Fine with a MITB match (with a set cap! I don't mind a large one), and the strange bedfellows thing (could help the feuds we do have and establish some new ones).

The_King

Reaction score
Considering all that has gone down in the past month, do we still want to run with the Strange Bedfellow idea, especially considering the tag division seems to be on its way out?
I'd vote no and just move forward with the MITB match and possibly a championship scramble for one of the mid-card titles.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I'd bot no and do a championship scramble type of match have 5 guys for one belt 5 guys for another and 5 guys for the final basically a five way but written more like a gauntlet