ACW Adrenaline 13: Aaron Asterisk & Nicky Trix v. Abram Vance & Stevie Starr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
Fifth Bout: International Division Does Battle
Match Type: Tag Team
Stipulation: N/A
Time Limit: 20 Minutes (2 RP Cap- Two Per Team Member/4 Per Total Team)
Aaron Asterisk & Nicky Trix v. Abram Vance & Stevie Starr

If you are not in this match, don't post in this thread. If you are in this match, don't spam it up with OOC talk.
TWO RP cap with all RPs due by Sunday July 1, 2012 at 11:59 P.M. (Eastern). Good luck!​

Lewb

Reaction score
A mug. A mug, filled with hot chocolate that would normally have steam rising from inside. Steam that gently gets lost in the atmosphere of a hotel room. But no steam appears. The mug and the contents inside it are lifeless, left on the side and forgotten about. Next the mug is an alarm clock. 4:58. One-hundred twenty seconds away from the inevitable noise that brings both pleasure and pain to Aaron Asterisk. Pleasure as he gets to wake up and live the life that he lives every day as a professional wrestler, entertaining the masses like only he can. Seeing toddlers and middle-aged men all giving the same reaction when he walks out from the curtain night in night out. How can same-one not take pleasure out of that?

4:59

The pain. The pain of waking up at 5 in the morning when it's still dark outside. The pain that he's currently feeling, not only losing his last match by the skin of his teeth, but also still feeling the neck injuries from the whiplash he had from his car accident about a week ago. The pain that as hard as he is working, and as much as he is enjoying being a professional wrestler, he just wishes that it was all counting for a little bit more than it currently is. It's more than a job, it's more than a career, it's like having a hobby that absorbs all of your time, and having a full time job with overtime all rolled into one. And whilst it's all overwhelming in respect he gains and the pleasure it delivers, it still bears the pain of not having a great sense of accomplishment. When the car spun over the one and a half times, as he waited for help, not being able to move, he thought about what everything means to him. Family, here and gone.... Friends, not a lot of them but enough to fill a hand... and his career. His wrestling. All of his, and he is also worried about the pain of -

BZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! BZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

Five o'clock is an ugly sight when you first open your eyes. All you can see are the red lines that make up the time on the face of the alarm clock, and they are only faint. He throws his fist in the general area of the lights to hit the alarm off button on the top. Asterisk has never been a snooze kind of guy. Once he's up, he's up. Let's not waste time. Kicking the duvet off of him he sits up and as his eyes focus in the darkness he reaches for his phone and checks the messages that he's received. His eyes squint at his iPhone springing to life and light, before they start to flick up and down the screen as quickly as his index finger does. He puts his phone back down and then looks into the mug of cold, lifeless "hot" chocolate. He screws his face up as he picks up the cup, and throws the contents down the sink. He reaches over to the light-switch and runs his hands through his hair as he looks in the mirror. The look of determination in his face is only broken by his ringtone on his phone.

Who's ringing me at this bloody time?!

Aaron slowly walks back over to the bedside table and sees his trainer is on the other line. He swipes his finger over and answers.

..............Yeah?

Just making sure your up big man, got a good session to do today if your going to leave early, I'm sti....

We've been through this Matt... It's the only time they had. I'm sorry, but it's important to me. We're starting early so it's all good.

I don't know why you want to go and do that to yourself anyway, bloody silly if you ask me.

Yeah, well no-one asked you did they. I'm up, I'm ready, I'll see you in an hour. Bring pads!

Still feel sore eh champ?

They're not for me.....

And with that he puts the phone down, and laughs at the casual banter he shares with his trainer before he makes his way to the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The power in the blow he laid on his brother took almost all the strength out of him. As it caused Donnie to step back a few steps, their father got in the middle of the two of them. He was always an imposing force to be reckoned with. For as big as Donnie was, even he couldn’t challenge a man such as their father. Nicky wanted too much to just hurt his brother. He had never been so mad at anybody in his life like he was now. Donnie shot him a look, almost asking why he would do such a thing. Nicky tried charging once more, only to be halted by his father’s commanding figure. The hand his father put in front of him was enough for Nicky, but the fact that the man stood in front of him was something else. Nicky screamed out in anger as he watched his brother slowly regain composure. In his mind, his brother deserved every ounce of pain he was feeling right now. Nicky looked in disgust as his father checked on his brother. Nicky took the opportunity to charge once more, but was met by an almost bear hug from his father. Toby held Nicky for nearly two minutes before letting him go and shoving him away.

Toby Trix: “What the Hell is wrong with you?”

Nicky didn’t answer right away; the anger was flowing through him with such intensity at this point. He knew that any word he said now would do more damage than fists. He looked at his father, and then made it clear to look at his brother before shaking his head in total frustration. Toby looked back at Donnie who had a shocked look on his face. Toby knew right away that Donnie had done something foolish, but didn’t speak on it right away. He instead turned his attention back on his oldest son. Shooting Nicky that all knowing look of his. Nicky hated that look, he knew he would soon fall victim to its power. Struggling as much as he could, he gave in.

Nicky Trix: “Donnie screwed up, and threw me under the damn bus!”

Toby made a sound of wonder. Wondering where Nicky was going with this. Nicky took that time to carefully plan his words. He knew he was now in the spotlight. He looked around and saw all the faces looking at him in his father’s gym. There was Joey Maverick, who looked ready to jump to his best friend’s defense. Dwayne looked ready to jump in to break anything up. The rest of the students looked on in shock. Nicky felt slightly embarrassed. He knew that everybody would now be judging him on his next choice of words.

Nicky Trix: “He owes some people some money, and instead of coming to one of us for help he just tells them I have their money. They found me while I was walking. They assaulted me, beat me up, badly. They told me that Donnie had bet any and all money he had on me losing my title matches. He also bet on me losing the main event a couple nights ago. But the bet was me getting my ass handed to me by Bronko in the first five minutes. So I’m sure they’ll be coming for me again, as I lasted much longer than that in the match. What the Hell were you thinking Donnie?”

Donnie avoided eye contact as he just stared down at the floor. Nicky walked over to him and grabbed his chin. Donnie looked a little irritated at this as he gave Nicky a mean look. Nicky shot him a look, pretty much telling him to not try anything.

Nicky Trix: “Look in my eyes when I’m talking to you! Why did you do it Donnie? You put not only my life in danger, but lord knows if my kids are safe right now. You knew you could come to me if you needed help. I would have helped you, you know I would have.”

Donnie looked as if he was about to cry, and as if on cue to the very thought, a stream of tears soon erupted from Donnie’s eyes. He became hysterical as he cried, not a single man judging him. That was one of the things Nicky loved most about this gym. Of all the testosterone in the building, they were all family. Everybody was there for each other. Donnie stopped crying enough to get a few choked words in.

Donnie Trix: “I’m..... Sorry...... Nicky!”

Nicky knew he was, he knew his brother was upset about what he had done. Nicky didn’t know what to say however. He was so happy to have his father at that moment.

Toby Trix: “Pick yourself up boy! You’re a Trix, don’t let this stuff get to you. You made a mistake, but we all do, we all have. We’re going to fix this. How much money do you owe right now?”

Another voice answered for Donnie, a voice nobody recognized, or could even find. Suddenly the two men who attacked Nicky a few days ago stood right in front of him. Nicky instantly tensed up, prepared to fight them if he must.

Thug: “He owes us thirty two gee’s. We expect to get our money one way or another.”

Toby didn’t take too much of a liking to the way the man spoke. He stepped defensively in front of his two boys. The rest of the gym looked ready to pounce on the men at a single nod of Toby. Both men didn’t seem very afraid however. Toby didn’t seem to be very surprised by this.

Toby Trix: “I told you both to stay the Hell away from this building, or have you forgotten about the ass kicking I gave you last time?”

Thug 2: “We’re here strictly for business. Once your boy gives us our money, we’ll be on our way.”

Toby Trix: “He’ll have your money, I promise you. Now, please get out of my gym, I have business of my own to conduct, and don’t need you two idiots around.”

Both men seemed to take offense to the comment, but complied with it nonetheless. As both men left, the tension still stuck in the air for longer than anybody would ever wish to admit. Donnie was the one who broke the silence in the room.

Donnie Trix: “I fucked up dad, I need to fix this. I just signed with ACW; I can make some money off of that.”

Nicky was caught unaware from that last statement. He wasn’t aware of his brother signing with ACW. Nicky looked at Donnie who just gave him a nod back.

Donnie Trix: “Trust me man, I’m going to be involved in something awesome, and it’s going to help bring back my wrestling career. I also have some unfinished business with some of those guys. So it’ll be nice to get some closure.”

Nicky knew what kind of closure Donnie was talking about. Nicky didn’t dare speak on it however; he knew it would upset his brother. He just wasn’t sure if he could handle all this stress. His brother had thrown him under the bus here. Not only that, but his children could possibly be in danger. He couldn’t allow that to happen though. He looked over at his father for guidance. The man didn’t say a single word. Nicky knew there and then that he’d have to help his brother. They all did. They were all family here. He knew Joey would do anything to help Donnie. The rest of the guys in the gym stood in silence as they each gave Donnie whatever money they had. In that moment, Nicky knew that this family at its best. His tag match next week would probably be an extremely tough challenge for him. He’d be thinking on far too much. But he knew he’d have to win it to get one up on Vance. He couldn’t afford to lose the title now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
It was mere moments before his tag team match. He couldn’t shake the uneasiness that roiled his stomach. Every match he had, he would always be nervous right before it. Always wondering if the fans would enjoy what he did. He knew he had a pretty decent following. He was sure if he had Twitter, people would follow him. He however wasn’t a big fan of the social media site. He just wasn’t that kind of guy. He didn’t even have a Facebook page for fans. He had his personal Facebook, but that was it. He began to stretch his muscles. He saved his leg for the last. He was still struggling with it. He wasn’t sure how helpful he would be in the tag match with it tonight. As he began to stretch his leg, it started to really hurt. He groaned slightly as he eased off of his leg. He was never one to back down from a fight, but with his leg, it was becoming increasingly difficult. He knew he couldn’t let Aaron down though. He knew he couldn’t let Vance see him at his weakest. He would just have to grit his teeth and fight through the pain. In the end, he would make any sacrifice to stay in the business he loved so much. Suddenly his phone began to ring. He looked at the caller ID to see that it was coming from his house in Dallas.

Nicky Trix: “Hello?â€

The voice on the other line was his oldest daughter Brittany. She almost seemed stressed.

Brittany Trix: “Hi dad, I need to ask you something.â€

Nicky Trix: “Go ahead babe, what’s up?â€

He heard her let out a loud sigh as it seemed to she was looking for the words. Nicky was becoming a little uneasy now. He couldn’t afford to lose focus now. Suddenly her voice came back.

Brittany Trix: “Why do you wrestle? Why are you always away from home?â€

Nicky wasn’t sure how to answer. It almost choked him up to hear his daughter ask that. He had explained to his children the love he had for wrestling. He had watched it since he was able to watch TV. He remembered growing up around it. His father was a wrestler for thirty years. The man was considered a legend everywhere. The people that Nicky met while on the road with father were all incredible.

Nicky Trix: “We’ve been through this baby girl, I love wrestling. I grew up around it. It’s almost like a family tradition. It’s been through the whole family. I never expected you guys to really understand now, but when you love something, you’ll do anything for it.â€

Brittany didn’t answer right away; Nicky could hear the TV in the background, Sierra and Scotty screaming. He could here is father in the background talking to his other children. A large bang was heard, only it was on his end. He looked over to see that a backstage worker had dropped a large box. Suddenly his daughter spoke.

Brittany Trix: “Do you love us like that?â€

Nicky couldn’t believe she had just asked that question. He would do anything for his kids, even if it meant harm to him.

Nicky Trix: “Of course I do! You guys should know that. Listen Brittany, I have a match in just a few minutes. Ask grandpa about wrestling and why he loved it, he can answer your questions better than me. I love you.â€

She just hung up, without saying a word. That nearly destroyed Nicky. He couldn’t believe what had just happened. He suddenly heard his music playing. He remembered speaking to Aaron earlier in the night; they were on the same page. Or at least he thought they were. He waited for the right moment for his entrance. A mere second before that moment, Nicky took a deep breath. As he crashed out from the entrance area, he was met with screaming fans, flashing camera lights and signs for him. He couldn’t believe how much love he was getting. As he walked down the ramp, alternating each side to give everybody a handshake his eyes fell upon a young boy. The boy looked to be around the same age as his boy Scotty. He looked at the young boy who was wearing a Zach Bronko shirt. He smiled as he gave the youngster an armband that he had. The boy smiled in delight as he received the gift. Nicky knew he had some good as he entered the ring. After losing that triple threat last week, he was in all kinds of mind frames.

He knew however that he couldn’t let that distract him from his goal. He knew eventually he’d get a world title shot. But the time being, he needed to focus on being the best International Champion he could be. One loss couldn’t change who he was. He looked at all three men in the ring with him. Abram looked at him with a smile. It was a kind of smile that showed he was very confident in the outcome of their match at Striking Distance. Stevie Starr just had that cocky look he always had. He felt he was the epitome of wrestling. It sickened Nicky that a guy like him could be in wrestling. He finally looked over at Aaron who was looking at him. They both nodded to each other.

The_King

Reaction score
Abram Vance: Roleplay #1 of 2 [Chain Roleplay]
The Press Conference (Mind Games- Part 8) [Untelevised]

Bright lights and the sounds of excited voices permeate the area. A group of people, dressed in professional clothing, stand just off of a main street in front of what appears to be a large theater in downtown New York. Large posters displaying Spider Man’s image lie to the left and right of the crowd, and an elegant red carpet splits the roped off crowd. Most of the members of the crowd clutch cameras and microphones and eagerly stare out at the street, obviously waiting for some celebrity or superstar. The focus cuts to a nearby area where an unenthused Abram Vance squatting against the rotting, decaying wall of the old theater. His trademark bottle of Jack’ dangles from his left hand, a lit cigarette rests between the fingers of his right hand. He brings the cig’ to his mouth and inhales, attempting to relax in what appears to be an unfamiliar, or at least unusual, environment for him. He looks up at the sky and stares as if he is searching for something. He exhales calmly and continues to stare when a familiar, mocking voice breaks his concentration.

Beki Rayce: “You look like a blueberry in that suit.”

Vance turns his attention to Rayce who saunters seductively towards him in a tight black dress that leaves little to the imagination. A gleeful smile slips onto her face as she takes in Vance’s unusual attire: a baby blue sports coat concealing a faded yellow dress shirt and a worn, black tie, a pair of thick Ray-Bans concealing his glazed over eyes, and topped off by a pair of baggy baby blue dress pants. The smile slowly fades as she notices him clutching a thick, leather leash and tracks the leash to Vance’s new dog, ironically also named Beki, sitting nearby. She spits out angrily.

Beki Rayce: “Did you have to bring the mut?”

A smug smile curves on Vance’s face as he innocently responds, attempting to goad her.

Abram Vance: “She has a name, ya’ know…”

Rayce throws a dismissive hand up, refusing Vance to continue. She shoots off another question, with the slightest trace of annoyance in her tone.

Beki Rayce: “How’d you get it here?”

The smug smile returns to Vance’s face as he responds.

Abram Vance: “Bus drivers don’t deny blind guys their seeing eye dog, Beki.”

Vance winks while pretending to flail around like a blind man. While continuing the insulting mimicking, Vance makes sure to keep an eye locked on Rayce’s face, hoping for some sort of reaction. However, Rayce only responds with an amused chuckle. Disappointed, he stops the flailing and returns to leaning against the wall. He takes a small swig of Jack’, swallows, and asks seriously.

Abram Vance: “So why me?”

Rayce fires back immediately, in a dead-panned, almost rehearsed voice.

Beki Rayce: “McHenry is taking advantage of your name recognition…”

Vance slowly approaches Rayce and slips behind her. He whispers knowingly in her ear.

Abram Vance: “That’s all?”

Rayce folds her arms on her chest, clearly annoyed with Vance, as he returns to his spot against the wall. He inhales from his cig’ again as she fires back with snark.

Beki Rayce: “He also said something about wanting you for your fashion sense and good looks.”

Vance surprisingly chuckles at the playful remark before asking another question.

Abram Vance: “When does pretty boy get here?”

Rayce slips a cell phone from her bra and tosses a glance backwards at the open street near the paparazzi. She looks down at the time before answering.

Beki Rayce: “About ten minutes. The prick’s notorious for being late though…”

Vance nods uninterestedly, not surprised by the information. Rayce continues with the insult.

Beki Rayce: “Over inflated ego.”

Vance chuckles at the jibe while staring off into the sky yet again. Rayce realizes she’s losing his attention and addresses him directly.

Beki Rayce: “Wouldn’t know anything about that, would ya’ Abe?”

She leans in towards him and flashes him a mocking smile that demands some sort of hostile response. Vance ignores her and instead stares at the crowd gathered nearby. He notices shirts and cameras labeled with logos of various wrestling sites and celebrity tabloid companies ranging from wrestlingsmarks.com to People Magazine to TMZ. While still observing the crowd, he asks in a serious yet uninterested tone.

Abram Vance: “So, what’s the drill?”

Rayce fires off a quick answer, suggesting potential past experience with similar situations.

Beki Rayce: “Ya’ know, the usual. A few compliments about the movie, hype up the company, mention your match with Trix, and trade insults with this Starr guy.”

Vance nods and begins to rub his hands together gently. He pivots his neck around, attempting to crack it, as sweat begins to drip down his forehead. Rayce’s watchful eyes notice his unusual reaction, and she excitedly accuses.

Beki Rayce: “You’re nervous, aren’t ya?”

Rayce nearly jumps with glee at the sight of a crumbling Vance, but he just rolls his eye in response, denying the accusation with a simple gesture. Despite this, she drags on the accusation, obviously noting its effectiveness.

Beki Rayce: “Nothing to be self-conscious about, Abe. You haven’t done something like this, since like…”

She pauses for dramatic face as a smug smile creeps onto her face. Rayce cocks her head to her side and hesitantly speaks.

Beki Rayce: Gone With The Wind?

Vance bites his tongue in frustration but puts on a false smile to cover it up. Before she can continue, he jumps in with a biting remark of his own.

Abram Vance: “Naw, you’re forgettin’ your home release from a few years back…”

Rayce squints her eyes and stares, confused, at Vance. He spits out a hesitant question, obviously mocking her.

Abram Vance: “Ya’ know, ‘Rayce Gets Rammed’?”

Rayce lunges forward, preparing to respond with an insult of her own, as the sound of a car pulling up echoes from the street. Vance stares down at the shorter woman with a mocking, satisfied grin on his face as she grabs him by the hand and pulls him towards the crowd. He drops the bottle of Jack’, allowing it to shatter on the pavement below, before following unwillingly behind her with his dog at his heels. They take a comfortable spot just off the curb, Beki the dog at Vance’s side, as the door to a black, stretch limo is opened by the driver. Vance drops his cig’ onto the carpet and smashes it with his boot, leaving an ugly burn mark on the expensive carpet. The two stare on, preparing their greetings for actor and famous ACW superstar Stevie Starr, but are surprised as a clearly buzzed Lindsay Lohan. Bright flashes go off everywhere as the starlet begins to stumble down the carpet. The crowd shifts towards the entrance to the theater as Lohan makes her way up the red carpet, leaving Rayce and Vance privacy continue to their chat. Vance starts it back up, returning to a more serious, business tone.

Abram Vance: “So, gimme’ a run down on what I should hit on.”

Rayce opens her mouth to release another long winded reply, but Vance growls angrily.

Abram Vance: “Spark notes version, Rayce.”

Rayce smiles playfully at the annoyed demand and continues in a quick yet serious tone.

Beki Rayce: “Continue to drive the leg storyline. They want ya’ going heel at the pay-per-view so maybe rile up the idiots by threatening to injure their precious ‘babyface’ Trix.”

The seriousness in her tone has faded and has clearly been replaced by anger and annoyance, likely brought out by International Champion Nicky Trix. Despite this, she continues on with her business.

Beki Rayce: “Word on the street is creative wants to push Starr for the belt.”

Vance shoots Rayce a confused glare at the last statement.

Is the bitch tellin’ the truth or just tryin’ to get me to give her the footage she wants?

Beki Rayce: “Ya’ know, use his celebrity to score ratings.”

Vance nods, allowing his confused visage to slip from his face, and asks in a concerned tone.

Abram Vance: “And where does that leave me?”

Rayce smiles, satisfied that Vance’s selfishness played right into her hands, and Vance stares at her, attempting to read her. He shakes his head, frustrated, as she responds.

Beki Rayce: “Likely back in the mid-card, putting over no-namers.”

Rayce cocks her head to the side as she stares intensely at him, begging for an angry reaction. Vance remains calm.

Not goin’ back there. Not when I’m so close to the spotlight again.

Beki Rayce: “Unless…”

Vance slips up and raises his eyes excitedly. He shouts out.

Abram Vance: “Unless what?”

Rayce smiles, satisfied with the desperate plea that reveals Vance’s inner thoughts. Another black, stretch limo pulls up beside them, and Rayce steps towards the door, preparing to greet Starr. The crowd shifts back towards the street, hoping to snap a few pictures and snag a personal interview. Rayce looks back over her shoulder and answers.

Beki Rayce: “Unless you can outdo Starr in the interviews and steal some fans. That might just get ya’ that gold you want so badly…”

She grins knowingly as she calls him out on his selfish desires. The door to the limo opens, and Stevie Starr steps from the limo. The flashing bulbs go off again, and Starr flashes the camera his winning smile. He reaches his hand into the car, and an unidentified woman accepts it. He helps her out of the car as another series of flashes go off. Starr looks Race up and down and subtly shakes his head in disapproval of the middle-aged woman. The two exchange pleasantries, and Starr introduces her to his date for the night as Vance remains to the side in silent thought.

Why is she bein’ so cooperative all a’ sudden?
Did she get a bonus for becomin’ my manager, or does she got somethin’ else up her sleeve?

Vance breaks his train of thought as an annoyed Rayce subtly signals for him. He shakes hands with the actor and his tag team partner for the week and pulls him inwards so the two are chest to chest and out of ear shot of the paparazzi surrounding them. Vance threateningly hisses in his ear.

Abram Vance: “Don’t try anythin’ stupid, pretty boy.”

Vance allows his glasses to drop, giving Stevie a clear view of his eyes. He continues with the threat, hoping the intense look in his eyes will scare the younger guy.

Abram Vance: “Or ya’ might just regret it.”

Vance smiles slyly, a certain sense of evil lingering behind the gesture, as Starr stares on. The two break the long hand shake and look out into the sea of cameras, posing gleefully to promote their company. Starr fires back out of the corner of his mouth.

Stevie Starr: “Worry about yourself, old man.”

Stevie shoots Vance a cold glare that just screams ‘back the fuck off if you know what’s good for you’. Vance chuckles as Rayce begins to subtly drag the two along towards the interview.

OOC: Permission to use Stevie Starr from Shaun. TBC by Stevie Starr.​