• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Accents

TeaDrinkingLimey

“Glass? Who gives a shit about glass?”
Scottish accents :Smitten: :Smitten: :Smitten: :Smitten: Especially Drew McIntyre's, I could listen to that man talk for hours! But I love all Scottish accents tbh.

I'm a Kiwi so of course I have the accent, and I'll tell you, people love it overseas lol. You can tell people who have never heard a Kiwi accent in person before cos they just stare :lol I dislike it when people assume I'm an Australian though, I'd rather they ask where I'm from than just assume they know. People say they can't tell the difference, but trust me, there is a major difference between Kiwi and Aussie accents, we sound nothing alike really LOL.

I'm very good friends with a Kiwi girl at work. And yes, I thought she was Australian on her first day. :lmao

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
I have a thick Southern Draw. Not like Texans but like the Swamp folks. Not like Cajun people, but south eastern swamp people. I also talk really fast, that I have been nicknamed Boomhauer at almost every military installation I have been at.

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Very softly spoken.
Usually when you phone up insurance companies or you're looking to cancel something, it tends to be a Geordie Lady on the other end.
It's just a nice, softly spoken accent.
Geordies never sound angry to me, even when they are angry. :lmao

Aye mate, we are know us Geordie's as being the friendliest people in Europe in a survey I read recently by loads of different holiday companies,

Tends to be that Geordie's don't think that we are better than others or have complexs about ourselves, just happy go lucky folk mate.

Carter

Scottish accents :Smitten: :Smitten: :Smitten: :Smitten: Especially Drew McIntyre's, I could listen to that man talk for hours! But I love all Scottish accents tbh.

I'm a Kiwi so of course I have the accent, and I'll tell you, people love it overseas lol. You can tell people who have never heard a Kiwi accent in person before cos they just stare :lol I dislike it when people assume I'm an Australian though, I'd rather they ask where I'm from than just assume they know. People say they can't tell the difference, but trust me, there is a major difference between Kiwi and Aussie accents, we sound nothing alike really LOL.

Drew's accent is very refined MG compared to other Scottish folk, he has had a bit of elocution lesson she to refine the broad tone of his voice.

TeaDrinkingLimey

Aye mate, we are know us Geordie's as being the friendliest people in Europe in a survey I read recently by loads of different holiday companies,

Tends to be that Geordie's don't think that we are better than others or have complexs about ourselves, just happy go lucky folk mate.

Shame I've never actually been that far North East. :lmao

Carter

Shame I've never actually been that far North East. :lmao

I wouldn't come up here man, place is full of students now, bloody everywhere man, my aswell cal Newcastle studentsville upon tyne now, every corner of the city center there's a students building I get that there's a lot of serious money in from Newcastle university but for fuck Sake every facet of the toon doesn't need to have student accommodation there man.:mad::mad::mad:

Carter

In your opinion. Its not even the friendliest place in England.

How do u know? It's not my opinion it's a known fact, but get what you're saying man. Where you from? If you don't mind me asking.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
I've been there but also...

I wouldn't come up here man, place is full of students now, bloody everywhere man, my aswell cal Newcastle studentsville upon tyne now, every corner of the city center there's a students building I get that there's a lot of serious money in from Newcastle university but for fuck Sake every facet of the toon doesn't need to have student accommodation there man.:mad::mad::mad:

...you don't sell it as friendly lol

Also being friendly is an opinion not a fact..

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
I don't think there's any official ruling on where the friendliest people in the world are from, Carter, lol. And even if there is, it's still just people's opinions lol.

I could legit say that about NZ, but it would still just be someone's opinion :lol (btw we are super nice and one of my fave things is being overseas and running into a fellow Kiwi cos you always end up chatting like we've known each other all our lives LOL)

Last edited:

TeaDrinkingLimey

Don't worry, the small town where I live is similar. :lmao

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Shit. This thread blew up a little bit this week.

In terms of friendliest I will always vote for Canada. The stereotype is so real. You can talk to anyone over there and have a nice conversation... eh.