Abyss and Judas= Kane and Taker of TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

I mean seriously, when Mitchell said he was Abyss' father, I was like cool, but when Judas first came, he said he was Mitchell's son, so that would make Abyss and Judas Brothers, much like Kane and Taker in WWE, I know this is a pretty primitive opinion, and not knowing if this was brought up earlier, because I haven't been here for months, but what do you think?

Nation

I completely agree now they are saying that Judas and Abyss are step brothers.

PeepShow

Yeah, I think I speak with everyone on the forum here when I say that this is a COMPLETE ripoff of the WWE. I mean seriously. It's bad enough that the storyline is pretty much identical, but that they are also much like Taker/Kane in their character is complete nonsense. I liked the story from the start, but it's just gotten to where I don't really care anymore about this b/c Ive seen it before.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well to be fair, the Kane/Taker storyline happened what, 10 years ago? Ended about 8 years ago? A lot of the new fans don't even know about it, and for those of us who do, it's been so long it's not exactly boring. Besides, a character like Judas Mesias I don't see ever turning face, so this story won't end the same.

xtremebadass

The only real difference between Abyss/Judas and Kane/ Taker is that TNA's BOD are hardcore, you never saw Taker and Kane fighting in tacs and losing a quart of blood everynight, so I guess that could be a counter to this

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
That's true. Those two are... they're absolutely insane, i'm sorry. What the flying f*ckaroo is wrong with those two?! I respect them for doing what they do, but still, they're Mick Foley grade insane. :p

chessarmy

I dont think Judas Mesias is really Abyss' brother, I think Mitchell was just saying that because Mesias was his new monster

Barurot

Reaction score
There are similarities between Abyss/Mesias to Taker/Kane, but then again almost all ideas not only in wrestling are usually rehashes or retellings of sorts since it's really hard to come up with a new idea these days since most great ideas have already been done...

CenaMark54

TNA would never borrow an idea from WWE. Its totally different. That dude with the wierd eyebrows is no where near as fat as Paul Bearer

The Ripper

Reaction score
The only real difference between Abyss/Judas and Kane/ Taker is that TNA's BOD are hardcore, you never saw Taker and Kane fighting in tacs and losing a quart of blood everynight, so I guess that could be a counter to this

yea Taker/Kane never went that hardcore but they had an inferno match

Reaction score

Excellent point. Kane and Taker was very homogenized compared to the matches they will have. Storyline is the same so far. We don't know if they're planning another swerve. Abyss might re-join Mitchell, turn on Judas, or they're not related. The possiblities are still very open. Besides, Abyss is a much better big man than Kane.

xtremebadass

TNA would never borrow an idea from WWE.
Yea they would never do that, but Sharkboy's new gimmick is a little fishy to me...

you would know if TNA took a storyline from WWE if James Mitchell says they were triplets and had a bastard son out there, and it turns out to be a midget, or little person, for lack of a better term