Abram Vance

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Name: Abram Vance
Nickname: The Leviathan (rarely used); Vance
Alignment (Face, Heel, or Tweener): Austin-esque face
Hometown (Billed From): Detroit, Michigan
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 235 lbs.
Sample Pic (Preferably a real wrestler):
wrestler2.png

Gimmick Description: Take no sh*t, tough guy. Big drinker. Former rising star in the WWF who threw away his shot with alcohol and drugs and has been struggling on the indy scene.
Entrance Theme: "Back in the Saddle" by Aersosmith
Entrance Description: Comes out with ring gear, bottle of Jack in one hand and a cig' in his mouth. Tosses the cig' on the ground and stomps it out on the stage. Walks down the ramp, sharing high fives with the fans. Slides into the ring and taunts a bit for cheap pop. Takes a swig of Jack and tosses the bottle to the ref, impatiently waiting for the match to start.
In Ring Styles (Technician, High Flyer, Brawler, Hardcore, etc...): Hardcore Brawler

Top Ten Mosted Used Moves
1. Knife Edge Chops
2. Clotheslines (Generally very stiff)
3. Frequent Knees
4. Eye Poke
5. Back Rake
6. Dropkick to the Knee
7. Old School Submissions (Armbar, Headlock, etc.)
8. Low Blow
9. German Suplex
10. Three Suplex Combo (Guerrero Style)

Two Signature Moves
1. Uraken (Spinning Backfist to the Head) [Desperation Move]
2. Moonsault

Two Finishing Moves
1. Super Kick
2. Camel Clutch

Sample RP: Only wrote one with this character, and it was long. Sorry!
Abram Vance: The Rise
Part 1

The scene opens, focusing in on a name plate labeled ‘Christopher McMichaels’. The door violently swings open, and a man with long, dirty blond hair barges into the office. Ignoring basic courtesy, Vance drops his worn backpack on the ground and plops sloppily into the chair nearest him. He crosses his arms over his chest and clenches his fist, as if preparing to enter battle. Vance slowly raises his head, reluctant to make eye contact with ‘the suit’ behind the desk. His eyebrows rise in surprise as he is met by a familiar face and a meaty paw being extended towards him. Vance exchanges a seemingly friendly handshake as he notices the contract lying on the desk. A slight smile creeps onto his face as his counterpart speaks.

J.R.: “Didn’t expect to see me. Did ya’?â€￾

J.R. breaks into a hearty chuckle as Vance entertains him with a fake smile, his attention still devoted to the contract taunting him from the desk.

J.R.: “McMichaels asked me to talk to ya’ before sign the contract.â€￾

Vance furrows his brow at J.R., clearly confused by the odd circumstances.

J.R.: “O, don’t start Abe. We both know you’ve got a past, and McMichaels just wanted to start things off right.â€￾

Vance nods and responds in an irritated tone.

Vance: “No problem, Jim.â€￾

J.R. doesn’t seem to detect Vance’s irritation as he leans back cautiously in his chair. In a more serious tone, he continues:

J.R.: “I gotta’ ask. Why return now? I heard you were doin’ good. Got yourself a job, fixed up your life. Why?â€￾

Vance allows for an awkward silence to sweep over the office, attempting to demonstrate a lack of confidence in his return. He replies coldly.

Vance: “Health insurance. Money.â€￾

J.R.: “Your job doesn’t offer that.â€￾

Vance slips from his cool demeanor and shoots J.R. a piercing stare, warning him that he crossed the line. He responds sarcastically:

Vance: “Surprisingly, unemployment doesn’t offer those benefits, Jim.â€￾

Despite Vance’s cold sarcasm, J.R. pushes onwards with the personal questions.

J.R.: “And Beki?â€￾

Vance immediately bolts upwards in his chair as the question reverberates in the office, clearly disgruntled with Ross’ interrogation. He quickly recovers and responds calmly.

Vance: “Haven’t seen her.â€￾

J.R.: “You should call her…â€￾

The latest suggestion pushes Vance off the edge as he growls back:

Vance: “Can we get on with this?â€￾ (Gesturing towards the contract on the desk.)

Ross nods with a friendly smile and gently pushes the contract towards Vance. The mood seems to lighten as Vance signs the contract, guaranteeing his spot on the roster. J.R. looks it over, nodding approvingly.

Vance: “Any advice for this week?â€￾

Ross smiles extends as Vance finally opens up to his old friend.

Ross: “White, wouldn’t worry too much about him. He’s a fast little bugga’, but he doesn’t have the best record. Keep him off the ropes, and you’ll be fine. Keep an eye on Clay though. The guy is BIG.â€￾

Vance giggles briefly, clearly not taking J.R.’s warning on Clay seriously. Despite this, Vance gestures for Ross to continue, listening attentively for the first time.

Ross: “Rampage, big guy. Definitely a power house but still quick on his feet. He seems to lose gas as the match goes on, so I’d wear him down- especially the legs-, give some big shots to the head when he shows signs of weariness, and when you disorientate him, go in for the kill. Got pinned at the Rumble against a similar strategy.â€￾

Vance nods, soaking in Ross’ advice.

Ross: “Wouldn’t be too worried….â€￾

Before Ross can finish his thought, Vance cuts in hastily.

Vance: “And Jones?â€￾

Ross leans forward in a serious manner and shakes his head as a sly smile creeps on his face. Vance reciprocates, seeming more attentive.

Ross: “Different story. The guy’s a bulldog. Not sure why you’re picking a fight with him right off the bat.â€￾

Vance stares at Ross as if he didn’t answer the question completely. Ross sits in silence, forcing Vance to prod him for more information.

Vance: “His weakness?â€￾

Ross pivots his head in a circle, reluctant to answer. He speaks in a whisper.

Ross: “He hangs out with a rough crowd. Talk to him, win him over, and…â€￾

J.R. stops at the end of sentence, clearly struggling morally with selling a colleague under the bus. Vance smiles slight, relishing in J.R.’s pain.

Vance: “I’ll take it from there, Ross.â€￾

Vance sweeps his bag off the ground and stands up slowly, his age visible through the painful expression in his face. He turns his back to J.R. and begins to head towards the door. As he reaches for the door knob, Vance turns towards him slowly and mutters arrogantly.

Vance: “The hotel?â€￾

Ross shakes head and responds in a hushed tone, clearly worried about the potential consequences of what he is about to say.

J.R.: “We’re not done, Abe. Take a seat.â€￾

Vance cocks his head to the side in confusion. He pauses for a moment, considering ignoring Ross’ request but begrudgingly slumps back into the chair. J.R. immediately breaks into a very harsh tone, as if leading an interrogation.

J.R.: “You in shape?â€￾

Vance: “Nope, steroids.â€￾

J.R. shakes his head in disgust while Vance begins gnawing on his fingernails, attempting to appear apathetic and infuriating Ross.

J.R.: “Get off em’.â€￾

Vance: “Yeah, not gonna’ happen.â€￾

Ross’ mouth begins to fall ajar as Vance clutches his bag, readying to leave. Abram gestures towards the desk and asks apathetically.

Vance: “We done here?â€￾

Ross’ face quickly melts into a mask of fury as Vance checks out entirely, denying Ross of the basic respect he deserves. Ross slams his fist into the desk, losing his cool, and demands:

Ross: “Listen t’ me, god dammit!â€￾

Vance responds, and Ross immediately breaks into a tirade.

Ross: “This isn’t the Indy scene, Vance. They drug test monthly here. Get off whatever you’re on. I convinced McMichaels to bring you in. I STUCK MY NECK OUT FOR YOU! Get clean immediately, or…â€￾

Ross pauses for a second and jabs his hand at the freshly inked contract.

Ross: “I’ll terminate ya’ personally.â€￾

As Ross’ cold words echo throughout the room, Vance refuses to acknowledge the situation and boldly responds:

Vance: “Not worried, you’ll cover for me…. You did last time.â€￾

Ross’ face begins to turn red, and he takes in a deep breath, trying to calm himself. He gingerly removes his trademark cowboy hat from his head and places it on the desk. He places both his elbows on the desk and leans forward, a subtle sign of his seriousness. J.R. looks Vance directly in the eye and responds in a calm yet serious tone.

Ross: “Let’s be real, Abe. The only reason you’re here is that McMichaels wanted an Indy guy to put people over. Rampage… White… they’re young studs who are making their way up. You’re old. Slow. And most definitely, a shadow of ur’ former self.â€￾

Ross pauses after old and slow to emphasize the insults. Vance’s head droops as J.R. seems to break his friend’s confidence with the brutal truth.

Ross: “That chamber they put ya’ in, they’re planning to have ya’ get the living piss knocked out of ya’, so that they can spin it as the PWA guys DECIMATING the hardcore legend from the Indy circuit.â€￾

Ross pauses briefly, struggling to break the news to the guy but understanding that he must push forward with it.

Ross: “Don’t get me wrong, you’ll get a push eventually, but it’ll be brief cuz’ you’re injury prone. And once you go down, McMichaels is going to put you out of your misery just like an old stallion. Your glory days are over.â€￾

The phrase “your glory days are overâ€￾ seems to echo in Vance’s head as he buries his head in his face, attempting to escape. Ross pauses. A long silence falls over the office as Vance refuses to look Ross in the face. Jim gathers his hat, blazer, and the contract and begins to walk towards the door. He pauses by Vance, places his hand on his shoulder, and speaks in a hushed, friendly tone that doesn’t align with his words.

J.R.: “And don’t count on me having your back this time. I haven’t forget how you burned me. I vouched for you, convinced Vince to give ‘the dangerous kid’ a title shot, and what DO YOU DO? (Breaking from the friendly tone.) Get yourself arrested and bury yourself and THE ENTIRE BUSINESS in the media by flaunting your drugs and alcohol.â€￾

Vance looks up at J.R., shocked by his tone.

J.R.: “Our friendship is done. I’m your colleague. Period.â€￾

With that, Ross drops a few green bills on Vance’s lap and hurriedly rushes towards the door, sweating profusely.

J.R.: “I have to be at the booth in five. Take that (Pointing to the bills) and get yourself a room at the Motel 8 a few blocks down. You’re on in twelve.â€￾

Ross tips his hat and walks out the door. Vance sits in silence for a moment before sweeping up his bag. He waits, staring upwards at the ceiling and furiously kicks over the chair. He slips through the doorway and treks through the long hallway towards the curtains.

A shadow of my former self?
Talk bout’ a crock of s**t.
Where the hell does he get off coming at ME like that?
The only reason he got screwed is that he was blind to the obvious. I could’ve told you that my push was a bad idea, but his dumb hick ass felt “I had a potentialâ€￾. Moron.
Not gonna’ feel bad playin’ him again.​

Vance pockets the money.

Things aren’t going down this way. I didn’t come to this s**t hole for nothing. I came to get back into that spotlight. I’m done hearing from the stupid fans that “I got nothin’ on Bazâ€￾. He stole my character, my fans, my DESERVED place in wrestling.
Well, guess I’ll have to send that Oompa Loompa back to the factory and watch the fans change their tune. I’m taking his belt, his pride, his fan. I’m going to DESTROY him.
THAT BELT IS MINE.​

The smile returns to Vance’s face as he reaches the curtain. The vivid lights and roaring crowd seeps into the backstage area. He drops his bag to the ground and slips a cigarette from his pocket. A guy with a headset and clipboard, seemingly a production assistance, lights it on cue and asks.

Production Assistant: “Ready, Vance?â€￾

Vance shakes his head no and responds in his usual gruff, intense tone, suggesting a quick recovery from his meeting with Ross.

Vance: “Tell McMichaels that I’m not following his f**kin’ ‘script’.â€￾

He blows the smoke into the assistant’s face, relishing in the proceeding squirming. Vance tosses the cig’ to the ground and stomps it out viciously.

Old? Slow? Shadow of my former self?
………
We’ll see what they say after I break Rampage’s neck.​

Vance: “And tell him he can go f**k himself.â€￾

He snatches the bottle of Jack from the assistant, takes a quick swig, and drops it, allowing it to shatter on the ground as the familiar guitar rifts sound in the background.

[youtube]uIPS4LyveJs[/youtube]

I’m back.​

~*~*~END OF SCENE~*~*~​

How often Can you RP?: Every show if need be!