ABC cancels Agent Carter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I liked the show, but as a mid season replacement, I don't know what they were expecting with only 10 episodes.

ABC has decided to put an end to Agent Carter, the Captain America spinoff series set in the 1940s and featuring star Hayley Atwell, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The show served as a way to explore the backstories of Marvel Universe characters like Howard Stark and supervillain Madame Masque (known on the show as Whitney Frost) while tying into present-day events featured on ABC's companion comic book drama,Marvel's Agents of SHIELD. However, Agent Carter's ratings never recovered from a second season slump, despite strong reviews.

This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise. Atwell's new show, Conviction, is close to clinching a first season, which all but confirmed ABC would not renew Agent Carter. The writers behind the new Captain America: Civil War even killed off Carter's character in the present day with a casual mention of her offscreen passing. ABC is still investing inSHIELD, with a fourth season coming next year. But a new spinoff, called Marvel's Most Wanted, was not picked up for a series order, according to a report from Varietyyesterday. So ABC is clearly realigning its focus on the one show with a solid track record.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So no more Agent Carter and now no Hunter and Bobbi solo show? Boo!!!!

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I thought the second season dragged a bit towards the end. TBH, everyone's arcs wrapped up in a decent enough place, I'm not too bothered by this

So no more Agent Carter and now no Hunter and Bobbi solo show? Boo!!!!

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Wait, Most Wanted was cancelled too?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Why they decided to end the second season with a cliff hanger is beyond me but alright. They had much more story to explore espically since Peggy and Sousa were finally starting to realize their feelings for one another but Can't win em all I guess.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Too bad the Marvel TV universe can't get the same kind of focus the film's do.

Weird how DC can do TV whilst Marvel cannot and their films are the opposite.

Jake Awesome

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Agents of Shield is actually the best comic book show on tv. People just sleep on it. The Netflix shows are better then DC shows too but don't get me wrong I love Flash and like the others but SHIELD is aces the last few seasons

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Inever viewed the Netflix shows as TV.....must be indoctrinated with TV is on networks and stuff and Netflix....is netflix.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Yeah, Agents of Shield is pretty great I enjoy that show a lot, and it's been really good this season. I never got into Agent Carter though unfortunately.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Too bad the Marvel TV universe can't get the same kind of focus the film's do.

Weird how DC can do TV whilst Marvel cannot and their films are the opposite.
Nah man Marvel's tv shows are great except for Agent Carter. The Netflix shows are gold IMO. If you don't consider that tv then ok lol but it's 13 episode seasons so I consider that tv. I don't watch agents of shield but that tv series is doing great as well. Only Agent Carter couldn't get an audience because the seasons were so short and it was aired in the mid season break for Agents of Shield. I still liked the show though.