Abandoned WWE angles, storylines, and gimmicks

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
In this thread I would like to talk about stuff that never worked out. I mean like stories, angles, and gimmicks.

For instances, I never knew Jamie Noble and Nunzio were Kayfabe cousins until like this year or last year. Apparently that angle never worked out it went completely no where since Nunzio went to form his own stable The FBI.

What are the stuff you know that never worked out in WWE ?

PaulDB

Reaction score
In this thread I would like to talk about stuff that never worked out. I mean like stories, angles, and gimmicks.

For instances, I never knew Jamie Noble and Nunzio were Kayfabe cousins until like this year or last year. Apparently that angle never worked out it went completely no where since Nunzio went to form his own stable The FBI.

What are the stuff you know that never worked out in WWE ?
Mick Foley was said to be the one who would be the higher power controlling the Undertaker's Ministry of Darknes He didn't play that role, as his injuries had built up to the point where he couldn't face Steve Austin in a main event match.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Michael Tarver roaming around backstage for weeks in 2011.

• Haha
Reactions: Zany Clowny

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I remember when Viscera had to abandon his love machine gimmick to become Big Daddy V

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
For at least a month or two they were pushing Kozlov hard on SmackDown, he got close to or beat The Undertaker, and dropped off the map. I almost think he failed a shit test in the ring, like how X-Pac would feel out new talent and tell the boys/management if they're worth looking into. Kozlov was having tea and cookies with Santino on a time killer segment shortly after that.

Chavo Guerrero becoming a White guy, I mean...what the fuck lmao. I might be seeing meta that isn't there, but it's like those skits with Eddie where they play with stereotypes, Chavo wanted it to be less one sided.

Pure kino. If it lasted, it could've wrapped up in the way a Sopranos episode tackled this subject. Tony hangs out with some old money white guys from down the street in his rich neighborhood, they pester him with mob related questions, he's treated like an outsider and realizes he can never be one of them - and doesn't want to.

Borntalent

Reaction score
Pretty much everything in the past year. they build up guys and drop them or switch up storylines for no reason.
The biggest head scratchers in the last year or so:
1. Otis winning the money in the bank for absolutely no reason at all
2. ELIAS - pretty much every storyline they start with him
3. Veer Mahaan coming to RAW for 4 months now
4. Damien Priest going from face to heel on a weekly basis depending on whether or not he's wearing eye liner.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hit Row was a weird one. Felt like they had something going with that group and then they release them all. Very strange.

They didn't even give a chance to take off on SD.

wwe-hit-row.gif