Aaron Simpson vs. Jon Fitch Official For UFC on Fuel 4

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The long-rumored Aaron Simpson (11-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC) vs. Jon Fitch (23-4-1 MMA, 13-2-1 UFC) welterweight fight appears to have a date.

During a Q&A session prior to today's UFC on FUEL TV 3 weigh-ins in Fairfax, Va., Simpson said he'll make his welterweight debut in July against Fitch.

Earlier today, he tweeted that he'll next be fighting at UFC on FUEL TV 4.

UFC on FUEL TV 4 takes place July 11 at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. Broadcast plans for the event haven't been announced, but main-card action airs on FUEL TV, and prelims are expected to stream on Facebook.

Simpson vs. Fitch likely will be part of the main card.

Simpson, a two-time NCAA Division I All-American wrestler, fought once for the WEC and eight times for the UFC as a middleweight, and he posted a 7-1 record in the process. But following a close split-decision defeated to Ronny Markes at UFC on FUEL TV 1 in February, the 37-year-old announced his intentions of dropping a weight class.

Prior to the Markes loss, Simpson had posted consecutive victories over Mario Miranda, Brad Tavares and Eric Schafer.

Fitch, meanwhile, fights for the first time since his disappointing 14-second knockout loss to now-top contender Johny Hendricks in December. Prior to the defeat, the American Kickboxing Academy member and former Purdue University wrestling captain was on a 5-1-1 run that included wins over the likes of Paulo Thiago, Mike Pierce and Thiago Alves.

One constant complain about Fitch, though, is the number of decisions the former title challenger registers. The 34-year-old hasn't earned a stoppage victory since UFC Fight Night 10 five years ago.

UFC on Fuel 4 is headlined by Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman. This fight likely moves into the co-mianevent slot.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I want Fitch to kill someone.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of either guy to be honest more so Simpson though, so I'll be pulling for Fitch in this fight.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I like Fitch, I admired the way he made people look like jokes on their back.

All it ever took was one good punch to stop his attack, but noone besides Hendricks was really able to exploit that. Gotta respect a guy with marginal athletcism who could become one of the top fighters in the world solely on work ethic.