Aaron Gillespie leaves Underoath

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
Don't know if there are any Underoath fans here, but Aaron is gone. After they wrap their current European tour Aaron is officially leaving the band. He's going to focus on The Almost full time now amongst other things. I'm really curious as to what the older material is going to sound like now, how they're possibly going to fill in for Aaron's voice. Sucks.

J...

Reaction score
Shit this sucks, I been waitin to see them live for a while and now that I finally do hes leaving the fucking band. GAY!!

noumenon

Reaction score
I dig The Almost a lot, but I was really looking forward to seeing how his time away would affect their new album... guess we won't know now. Lost In The Sound of Separation was crazy heavy, I was really thinking they were maybe going to break it down and do something crazy experimental this time around. I wonder if without Aaron they'll ditch the clean vocals? Spencer does a lot of singing as well, though he's nowhere near as good as Aaron. He's such an incredible drummer too. Not incredible technical or anything, but just a hell of a lot of feeling to his playing and just great feel when to hold back and when to really let loose. He truly set the vibe for the whole band.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
D: NO! This is major league gay. They had like the perfect mesh of everything, ever since Define The Great Line. This blows as UO was probably one of my personal favorite bands.

I would think they'll just have Spencer mix screaming and clean vocals now as he's improved a lot from before, something similar to "Too Bright to See, Too Loud To Hear", only without Aaron. :/ Or they'll probably just ditch clean vocals altogether.

Too bad all around.

J...

Reaction score
D: NO! This is major league gay. They had like the perfect mesh of everything, ever since Define The Great Line. This blows as UO was probably one of my personal favorite bands.

I would think they'll just have Spencer mix screaming and clean vocals now as he's improved a lot from before, something similar to "Too Bright to See, Too Loud To Hear", only without Aaron. :/ Or they'll probably just ditch clean vocals altogether.

Too bad all around.

I wouldn't have a problem with that as most of there songs with majority scream are pretty sick, but most likely theyll get a new singer which might I say might because some bands have been impressing me lately with new singers be good, but I'd push towards dropping clean vocals all together.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
They should get Ronnie Radke (Original Escape The Fate singer) to do clean vocals for them. But then they'd still need a drummer.

Kizza

Reaction score
Never an UnderOath fan, but The Almost ain't bad.